'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276662 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#287995 May 22, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I should hold back on the ridicule. That being said you did not answer the question, why is it that the more advances we have in technology, the LESS we see amazing unbelievable miracles?
The more advance we get in technology, we should be more amazed at the way things are working in this Universe for millions of years without needing any of our "advanced technology"!!

A "little knowledge of science and technology turns a man into atheist but a deep and thorough knowledge of science and technology makes him deeply conscious of God's presence" Said a Well Respected Scientist.

Miracles are things which are beyond human powers and miracles are happening every day my millions!!

Every seed germinating and getting its shoot out of ground is indeed a Miracle!!

We see it every day, so we just consider it as a "fact of nature".

But to a True Scientist, it is nothing less than a Miracle. A thing which is beyond his powers. Even after seeing it repeated millions of times!!

You only prove your own ignorance by taking "snipes" at the Creator!!
Pdamerica org

Brooklyn, NY

#287997 May 23, 2013
Pdamerica org

Brooklyn, NY

#287998 May 23, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Genesis locates Eden at the headwaters of the Tigris and Euphrates in northern Iraq, in Africa, and in the Persian Gulf, in reality it is located in people’s minds only!
Your in denial my friend.

The Nile is in Africa and the Euphrates and Tigris are still in Iraq.

LOL

P.S. Maybe that was when the Continents were still together and now they are spread apart.
Pdamerica org

Brooklyn, NY

#287999 May 23, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
I am no rocket scientist but I DID sleep at a Holiday Inn last night...so if you exclude possibilities shown in the Sci-fi thriller Journey to the Center of the Earth...you will discover that modern science, and not antiquated stone age beliefs, has determined that at the center of the Earth is the core, which primarily consists of two parts. The solid most inner core consists of heavy iron (because science and not antiquated stone age beliefs have determined that denser material will sink) that has an estimated radius of over 750 miles...This iron sphere is surrounded by a liquid outer core that is guestimated to be about 1,300 plus or minus miles thick. The Earth's magnetic field is caused by the spin differentials of the inner core spins in relation to the rest of the planet. Of course, some old school religious "leaders" believed that the northern and southern lights were provided by allah, don't you know...so who am I to argue? After all, I only slept at a Holiday Inn Express because the Hilton was booked solid...
LOL, Something to ponder my friend.

==========

Japan Quake May Have Shortened Earth Days, Moved Axis

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/jap...
John_Schuylkill County_Pa

Sunbury, PA

#288000 May 23, 2013
Thank Goodness for PM Cameron
spocko

Oakland, CA

#288001 May 23, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Your in denial my friend.
The Nile is in Africa and the Euphrates and Tigris are still in Iraq.
LOL
P.S. Maybe that was when the Continents were still together and now they are spread apart.
Huh?
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288002 May 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The more advance we get in technology, we should be more amazed at the way things are working in this Universe for millions of years without needing any of our "advanced technology"!!
A "little knowledge of science and technology turns a man into atheist but a deep and thorough knowledge of science and technology makes him deeply conscious of God's presence" Said a Well Respected Scientist.
Since when is Dr. Zakir Naik a respected scientist? You...of all people being from India, know the good doctor and a scientist he is not...please stay honest as it is the path of islam...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288003 May 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Miracles are things which are beyond human powers and miracles are happening every day my millions!!
Every seed germinating and getting its shoot out of ground is indeed a Miracle!!
We see it every day, so we just consider it as a "fact of nature".
But to a True Scientist, it is nothing less than a Miracle. A thing which is beyond his powers. Even after seeing it repeated millions of times!!
You only prove your own ignorance by taking "snipes" at the Creator!!
Is an atom splitting and causing the destruction of an entire city a miracle as well?
henry

Thum, Germany

#288004 May 23, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't believe in any deity like god but you believe in Lucifer? Interesting, hank...so does that mean that atheists can't go to heaven but they can go to hail?
Sorry, of course that was irony nothing else.
henry

Thum, Germany

#288005 May 23, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Genesis locates Eden at the headwaters of the Tigris and Euphrates in northern Iraq, in Africa, and in the Persian Gulf, in reality it is located in people’s minds only!
The garden of eden has of course nothing to do with bible fairy tales.
henry

Thum, Germany

#288006 May 23, 2013
test wrote:
<quoted text>
test
Afterwards other morons will take the place. So what? In capitalism the only solution is to make a proletarian Revolution.
henry

Thum, Germany

#288007 May 23, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't believe in any deity like god but you believe in Lucifer? Interesting, hank...so does that mean that atheists can't go to heaven but they can go to hail?
This was just irony! Whey should I believe in Myths??
henry

Thum, Germany

#288008 May 23, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
The Euphrates & Tigris Rivers are still in Babylon which is in Iraq.
The Garden of Eden was a real place.
Unfortunately in the Garden of Eden god was not available then and never there at any time. I tell a secret: god never existed.
henry

Thum, Germany

#288009 May 23, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Something to ponder my friend.
==========
Japan Quake May Have Shortened Earth Days, Moved Axis
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/jap...
Well Japan quakes may repeat again more or less in a short time. Of course there may also be other calamities in the meantime.
henry

Thum, Germany

#288010 May 23, 2013
Andy wrote:
<quoted text>they are shutting down all the schools in Chicago. That's creating jobs
In the USA anything is possible by so many religious sects.
henry

Thum, Germany

#288011 May 23, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, crude-by-rail, another BS, dumber than a sack of hammers, rightwingnuz fairy tale attempting to vilify the arch-enemy Warren Buffet, who keeps poking holes into their brainless support of “less taxes for the rich” scheme. the simple fact is, there is a plentiful supplies of lighter crude oil from the Bakken shale formation in ND, a 1000 miles closer to the Gulf than the hub of the Alberta environmental disastrous mess.
Obama may do whatever he likes as Long as the billionairs superprofits are rising all is ok.
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288012 May 23, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, of course that was irony nothing else.
Well weeee doggies, hank. Thats great to see you take a break from doom and gloom of capitalism ruination of the world and lighten up once in a while...good for you...

Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of “disappointing performance” in dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods.

In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel.

With 70% of the U.S. economy dependent on consumer spending, Buffett’s apparent lack of faith in these companies’ future prospects is worrisome.

Unfortunately Buffett isn’t alone.

Fellow billionaire John Paulson, who made a fortune betting on the subprime mortgage meltdown, is clearing out of U.S. stocks too. During the second quarter of the year, Paulson’s hedge fund, Paulson & Co., dumped 14 million shares of JPMorgan Chase. The fund also dumped its entire position in discount retailer Family Dollar and consumer-goods maker Sara Lee.

Finally, billionaire George Soros recently sold nearly all of his bank stocks, including shares of JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, and Goldman Sachs. Between the three banks, Soros sold more than a million shares.

So why are these billionaires dumping their shares of U.S. companies?

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNews/billionaires...
henry

Thum, Germany

#288013 May 23, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, Much of the Earths Oceans are still mysteries and unexplored, and who knows what's at the center of the Earth.
GOD created the galaxies so go ask HIM where Heaven is, or better yet, read Revelation.
The bible is full of lies...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288014 May 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
....You only prove your own ignorance by taking "snipes" at the Creator!!
But it obviously must be the will of allah that I take these snipes, yes? Much like it must be the will of allah that you condescend Tinyearl for worshipping his jesus as a god instead of just a minor league prophet...

I have no issue playing by your rules but you must abide by them as well. Bieng muslim does not give you an express pass to snipe all things non-muslim...such is the will of allah, peace be with you...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288015 May 23, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ... I think so, republicans insist on using a giant lawn mower next time saying it would be a job-creator.
Thought you would enjoy this one, much to the dismay of the birthers...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Putin says he speaks regularly to Trump, isn't ... Jun 14 Say What 58
News Feds: Avon man threatened white supremacists Jun 10 Scripted Reality 1
News The uneasy neighbors (Aug '09) Jun 9 Pro Ukraine_ 492
News AG Holder worries about revenge for bin Laden (May '11) Jun 3 Funeral Director 214
News Bin Laden calls Obama 'powerless' in new recording (Sep '09) Jun 3 Geezer Files 2
News Bin Laden son-in-law arrested in Jordan is brou... (Mar '13) May '18 Etch a Win 2012 76
News Obama: Yemen unrest won't halt drones (Jan '15) May '18 A la Bama 12