'The War Is Not Over'

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept. Full Story
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287700 May 7, 2013
News you not hear on IRNA or Smart TV cont'd:
Traditionally the collection of the jizya occurs at a ceremony that is designed to emphasize the subordinate status of the non-Muslim, where the subject is often struck in a humiliating fashion. M.A. Khan recounts that some Islamic clerics encouraged tax collectors to spit into the mouths of Hindu dhimmis during the process. He also quotes the popular Sufi teacher, Shaykh Ahmad Sirhindi:

"The honor of Islam lies in insulting the unbelief and the unbelievers (kafirs). One who respects kafirs dishonors Muslims... The real purpose of levying the Jizya on them is to humiliate them...[and] they remain terrified and trembling." Islamic Jihad

British preacher, Anjem Choudary, points out that "the normal situation is for [Muslims] to take money from the kuffar" (at the time, he was encouraging believers in the UK to quit working and live on public benefits). The Qur'an also affirms that the collection of jizya is is the ideal relationship between Muslims and non-Muslims. The verse mandating this (9:5) occurs much later than the verse stating that there is "no compulsion in religion" (2:256), meaning that it takes precedence and abrogates the earlier verse. This is why Islamic purists such as Hamas and the Taliban wish to reinstate the jizya.

An Egyptian cleric on al-Hafaz TV said in 2013 that American foreign aid to that country was a form of jizya "owed" to them. He believed that Muslims should demand more money from the Americans so that, in his words, "we can leave them alone." Only when the jizya is paid will America "be allowed to to recognize its own interests, the ones we agree to."

Contemporary Muslim apologists frequently tout the earlier "no compulsion in religion" verse when attempting to portray Islam as peaceful, and are somewhat reluctant to admit that the jizya is a penalty for not being Muslim. They usually fall back on claiming that the jizya is merely a tax paid to the government - glossing over the fact that this "tax" was imposed on the basis of religious status and was nearly always a much greater burden than that required of Muslim citizens. The interesting thing about this rhetorical strategy is that it directly contradicts any pretense that Islam is merely a religion and not a political system.

Tolerance in Islam isn't free. The jizya is money paid by non-Muslims so that they can keep practicing their religion. Under Islamic law, if the money is not paid, the people are to be killed or enslaved.
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287701 May 7, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh the hell are you rambling about?
Let me slow it down for you pops.....if it is a felony for a felon to be in possession of a firearm that must mean there is a LAW against felons possessing firearms, correct? If there is a LAW against felons possessing firearms, how can it be that a felon has a firearm??? Perhaps more useless lwas will help???
henry

Altengottern, Germany

#287702 May 7, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank, we have all ready discussed that...atheism is a religion which you have stated all religions are false therefore atheisnm is false making what you say false as well...got it?
Atheism is of course no Religion at all!
henry

Altengottern, Germany

#287704 May 7, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Karl the older or younger brother of Groucho? I get them mixed up...
Don`t worry Fukushima was not the last nuclear big accident. So you don`t have to bother who is who!
henry

Altengottern, Germany

#287705 May 7, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Things heating up between Syria and Israel, comrade...how do you see that playing out?
Well Israel has an unknown number of atombombs. Syria not!
henry

Altengottern, Germany

#287706 May 7, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
But radiation is and has always been present, ever before the dawn of the nuclear age...
Yes, but what about the Radiation while nuclear accidents??
spocko

Oakland, CA

#287707 May 7, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me slow it down for you pops.....if it is a felony for a felon to be in possession of a firearm that must mean there is a LAW against felons possessing firearms, correct? If there is a LAW against felons possessing firearms, how can it be that a felon has a firearm??? Perhaps more useless lwas will help???
If laws could make things disappear we'd surely pass one to eliminate stupidity which, I'm afraid, would be the end of you :-)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#287708 May 7, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
And once again you glaze over the obvious, with nuclear weapons at their disposal Israel all of Israeli will not die...or lose...why do you think Iran is so thirsty for a nuke? It is obvious, to assure mutual destruction...
How come USSR "died" with so many nukes at her disposal?

Who told you that Nukes will provide "immortality" to ANY NATION?

It is standing up to truth and do justice on the land, that provides longevity to any nation, not its arms, armies, nukes of acting like a bully.!!!

Learn from the history of human nations of the past.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#287709 May 7, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you get something mixed!
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#287710 May 7, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
But radiation is and has always been present, ever before the dawn of the nuclear age...
Well, tell that in Tshernobyl and some other places!
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#287712 May 7, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
So Tchernobyl and other places are apparently only phantoms?
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#287713 May 7, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide an example of where communism has worked and bettered society...if you can.
Why should I, Texas is far away. You go along with death sentences as Long as you can before the next nuclear Inferno.(Irony)
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287714 May 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How come USSR "died" with so many nukes at her disposal?
Who told you that Nukes will provide "immortality" to ANY NATION?
It is standing up to truth and do justice on the land, that provides longevity to any nation, not its arms, armies, nukes of acting like a bully.!!!
Learn from the history of human nations of the past.
You prove my point..the iron curtain collapsed but what prevented the vultures of the world from swooping in on the carcass of Russia?...give me an "N"...give me a "U"...give me a "K"...give me an "E"...give me a "S"...

Sorry comrade MUQ, it doesn't take an engineering degree to figure out that Israel has assured that its destruction mutually assures the destruction of the nations of islam...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287715 May 7, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
If laws could make things disappear we'd surely pass one to eliminate stupidity which, I'm afraid, would be the end of you :-)
VEry well said, frankster...say it again...IF LAWS COULD...class is over...
spocko

Oakland, CA

#287717 May 7, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>be
This is disappointing, I always believed Karl Marx was a great philosopher of the international Labor force and generally and unfortunately he still is it! George Bush may have politically spoken been a bad comedian. But Marx??
Marx indeed is great and, in many ways, a unique thinker and philosopher, but the notion that a state or a government would give up it's power willingly is one of his fantasies. It nevertheless is a very nice thought and very naive notion ...
ABs

Atlanta, GA

#287718 May 7, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Marx indeed is great and, in many ways, a unique thinker and philosopher, but the notion that a state or a government would give up it's power willingly is one of his fantasies. It nevertheless is a very nice thought and very naive notion ...
IS great? I thought you and hank didn't believe in afterlife...
ABs

Atlanta, GA

#287719 May 7, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
So Tchernobyl and other places are apparently only phantoms?
world average background radiation of 0.87 mSv/a from cosmic and terrestrial sources...varies by locations
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#287722 May 7, 2013
News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Who Tells Us What To Think? Does The Mainstream Media = The Matrix?

By Michael Snyder

February 15, 2013 "Information Clearing House" - Do you believe that you really think for yourself? Did you come up with your attitudes, opinions and beliefs on your own, or are they continually being shaped and molded by someone else? Could it be possible that you and everyone around you is actually hooked into a real life version of "the matrix" that is constantly defining your reality for you? Sadly, the truth is that almost all of us have willingly hooked ourselves into a colossal media system that literally tells us what to think.

In the United States today, the average American watches 153 hours of television a month. We also spend huge amounts of time watching movies, surfing the Internet, reading books and magazines, playing video games and listening to music. Many Americans are so addicted to being "connected" that they will actually become physically uncomfortable if they are at home and there is total silence. Unfortunately, as I pointed out in a previous article, somewhere around 90 percent of the "information" that we are allowing to be endlessly pumped into our heads is owned by just 6 gigantic media corporations.

So could it be possible that the thousands of hours of "news and entertainment" that you are allowing these gigantic corporations to fill your head with each year is having an effect on you? Does the mainstream media have more control over you than you ever dreamed possible? If you want to continue on in blissful ignorance, stop reading now, but if you want to take "the red pill", keep on reading because the further down the rabbit hole you go, the stranger that things get.

When you go to work or to school in the morning, what is everyone talking about?

Usually, people are talking about something that they saw on television or that they heard about in the news.

In our society today, the limited interactions that we do have with other people are usually defined by our mutual connection to the media.

The mainstream media literally defines for us what is important and what is not. If the mainstream media does not talk about something, then it simply does not matter.
I don't know how many times over the years I have heard someone tell me some version of the following statement: "If that was true we would have heard about it on the news."
Has anyone ever said something similar to you?

The funny thing is that most of the time I won't even mention something important that I may have heard in one of my articles unless I can back it up with a "mainstream source", and I don't even trust the mainstream media.

I know that the mainstream media often distorts the facts and often tells outright lies, but I regularly link to them because that gives my articles more "credibility" in the eyes of those that are still fully hooked into the matrix.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#287723 May 7, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
You prove my point..the iron curtain collapsed but what prevented the vultures of the world from swooping in on the carcass of Russia?...give me an "N"...give me a "U"...give me a "K"...give me an "E"...give me a "S"...
Sorry comrade MUQ, it doesn't take an engineering degree to figure out that Israel has assured that its destruction mutually assures the destruction of the nations of islam...
Just wait and see and you will know. Your guess is as good as mine.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#287724 May 8, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, you mixed something, consult a doctor!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CSIS warns government of homegrown online anti-... 8 hr Avoid problems 2
Jihadi John my best worker: IT boss 9 hr Avoid problems 3
The extremist known as Jihadi John claims Briti... 9 hr Avoid problems 1
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) Tue Nemo 46,802
Cuba honors five spies who served long prison t... Mon WE JUST DONT CARE 3
Bin Laden son-in-law arrested in Jordan is brou... (Mar '13) Mon swedenforever 63
Putin directs Muslim anger toward Cold War foes Mar 1 uther pendragon 4
More from around the web