'The War Is Not Over'

Full story: Los Angeles Times

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.
Comments
272,881 - 272,900 of 276,395 Comments Last updated 17 hrs ago
Sandy

Gladstone, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Senator Edward M. Kennedy, said of his brother's life, that it "was a voyage of discovery, a quest for excellence that inspired universal trust and faith. In that brief unfinished journey, he made us believe once more in the great historic purpose of this land. He filled America with pride and made the nation young again."
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Farmers in the San Joaquin Valley hire illegal farm workers on the spot when ever they can get them (or find them), it gets so bad that farmers are forced to plow under an entire harvest because of idiotic Gov’t regulations, they simply can’t find the labor (legal or illegal) in time to harvest the crop and get it to the market. The application process for a work visa is $600 and can be complicated and take years. If you hire a lawyer it costs $10,000 and takes 10 years. It is the U.S. employer’s responsibility to file an application with the Department of Homeland Security of the United States (DHS). Once the petition is approved, the employer sends all of the documents (copies of the I-129 petition and the approved I-797 petition) to the prospective employee to be presented at the Applicant Service Center and at the Consulate on your appointment dates. Believe or not, it easier to cross the Sonora dessert and crawl over, or under, the boarder than it is to apply for legal papers.
Of course if you are an "investor" i.e. you have at least US $1m in assets to bring with you your visa will be processed in less than a year. If you have a close relative (mother, father, brother, sister and no further) who is an US citizen who would sponsor you, approx time this takes 2-12 years.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Propaganda and Barf Alert
Shame on Jewish Democrats

Op-ed: Republican senators were the only ones who passionately grilled Hagel on his lack of support for Israel

By Shoula Romano Horing

February 12, 2013 "YNet News" -- Watching the Chuck Hagel US Senate confirmation hearings for secretary of defense, I almost became physically sick. To watch my fellow Jewish senators, all liberal Democrats, suck up to Obama and Hagel with softball questions against the interests of their own people and Israel was more than I could handle. The spectacle of southern Republicans senators, with almost no Jewish constituents in their states, standing up for the Jewish people and Israel against Hagel's evasive and nonsensical responses, while fellow Jews sat idly by, will stick with me for a long time.

Bless the Republicans for doing what is right while shame on my fellow Jews for not learning from history. The actions of these Jewish Democrats concerning the Hagel nomination do not bode well for the future of our people or Israel.

Committee chairman, Democratic Jewish Senator Carl Levin, who prior to the hearing had already indicated his support for Hagel's nomination by calling him "well qualified, included in his opening remarks only a reference to Hagel's "troubling statements" concerning Iran without specifics or follow up, with not even one mention of Israel. During the hearing it was Levin who called Hagel "a person of integrity" and came to his rescue when Hagel was confused about US policy regarding Iran and containment.

The other Jewish senator on the committee, Richard Blumenthal, totally ignored Hagel's record concerning Israel and only murmured his dismay that a man who had served the country had to endure strong inquiries from the Republicans. After the hearings, he stated that he would support Hagel despite the fact that most observers believed that Hagel looked confused, uninformed, and ill equipped for the position during the hearing.

It was the Republicans who were the first and only senators who challenged Hagel's previous statement on the Jewish lobby. "The political reality is … that the Jewish lobby intimidates a lot of people up here,” Hagel told former Mideast peace negotiator Aaron David Miller in a 2006 interview.“I have always argued against some of the dumb things they do because I don’t think it’s in the interest of Israel. I just don’t think it’s smart for Israel.” Senator Roger Wicker, a Mississippi Republican, pressed Hagel on whether he still believes that is true.

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina followed up by asking Hagel to "name one senator" who had been intimidated in that way by AIPAC and name "one dumb thing we (Senate) have been goaded into doing because of the pressure from the Israeli lobby," adding "I cannot think of a more provocative thing to say about the relationship between the US and Israel."
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Sandy wrote:
Senator Edward M. Kennedy, said of his brother's life, that it "was a voyage of discovery, a quest for excellence that inspired universal trust and faith. In that brief unfinished journey, he made us believe once more in the great historic purpose of this land. He filled America with pride and made the nation young again."
A great leader this John. F. Kennedy, listen to his Berlin Speech, a great communicator. Some one with vision.

Is it not sad that we have JFK and GWB the great with same titles. Ex-Presidents of USA?
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not looking for the "perfect world" I think we are very much realistic ...
Well, in the nuclear age? No chance for human survival!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

-Web wrote:
<quoted text>
I may have to move into a cave before it's all over with.
Dream on... not that it is a bad dream for peace but human nature and all doesn't permit such.
I prefer to be a realist-)
Capitalist society in the nuclear age has not the least chance to survive. Communism would have been the last one for mankind. Now this last chance is gone!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Well well well wrote:
So a rightie or two decided to dish out some "what for" on Patriot's Day in Boston, home of the start of the American Revolution? Do I sense a white supremacist, Christian-identity, abortion-hating, gay-hating, and Olympics-in-Atlanta bombing Eric Robert Rudolph? I think I do. I believe I am willing to, here and now, speculate that the probable individual behind the Boston Marathon Bombing is a right-wing kook and fanatic, just like Rudolph. Actually, probably also very similar to the right-wing federal-building bomber Timothy McVeigh.
I will speculate further that the bomber is probably upset with (a) potential gun control legislation; (b) US tax policy; (c) legalization of gay marriage; (d) or all of the above.
Is this easy or what? Almost certainly the bomber voted for Romney, so he might also be a racist Obama hater. We know he is a Republican. Who else would blow up Boston on Patriot Day?
Your logic is not so bad!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Sandy wrote:
Since its beginning the US has started wars at any times. Silly, to speak of this country of pride! The US is a barbaric nation!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Ban bombs at marathon finish lines?
Those who sow winds earn storms!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt if any "new nation" can match this record.
Remember USA is "only" 225 years old!!
And while most nations have stopped wars, it is "Lone" USA which is fighting non stop.
So there must be some thing special about USA. What is it?
The US is the most imperial nation, ruled by a handful of billionairs in the atomic age. There is a very good chance for this country to erase the whole human race. Hiroshima and Nagasaki was just the beginning, Fukushima the continuation!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not looking for the "perfect world" I think we are very much realistic ...
In the capitalist society at the nuclear age the US are coming to the end of humanity!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Ban bombs at marathon finish lines?
What about ban the AKWs? What about nuclear inferno? The billionairs don`t halt with wars!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...
With the number of gun "regulations" all ready ineffectively on the books I would harken to guess that we are ALL well regulated...hence the well regulated part of your disillusional post...as for the second part...gatlin guns and cannons come to mind...my uncle still has a cannon by the way...
In the nuclear age gun "regulations" are silly.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Dan wrote:
The war can be over if the united states makes sincere apologys and reperations to the familys of the one million children killed by sanctions, stops giving 2.5 billion dollars to Isreal for military aid to kill the Palestines, stops making war to make the very elite rich people in this country even richer.
http://www.zerotolerenceforwar.org/Links.html
Please bookmark, page would not load for the first time in six months.
Pray for peace on earth.
Praying is of course useless. In the nuclear age in a capitalist society the end is just a logic!
Andy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

I can't believe Fox News caught the sucker!
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

The rich need our help! "Only Little People Pay Taxes: Why a janitor ends up with a higher tax rate than a millionaire." The superrich don't pay as much as they used to—and thanks to a combination of tax cuts and preferential tax policies; their tax obligations are far less demanding than the so-called little people's. In fact, the very wealthiest Americans' tax burden has been steadily dropping for years, even as they've enjoyed astounding income growth not seen by the vast majority of Americans.
Tax rates for the wealthy have fallen substantially since they peaked in the 1940s. During the past 30 years, they have been cut at a much faster rate than middle- and low-income taxpayers'. Much of the money "earned" by the super rich is paid under along-term capital gains tax, which is considerably less than any high income tax bracket. That's what makes Mitt Romney's tax rate so low, along with offshore bank accounts and other tax evasion schemes that can be perfectly legal.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The US is the most imperial nation, ruled by a handful of billionairs in the atomic age. There is a very good chance for this country to erase the whole human race. Hiroshima and Nagasaki was just the beginning, Fukushima the continuation!
If there was no God who is watching every one could think that any nation would become so powerful that it would "destroy" all human race from this planet.

People plan and people think that they have power and they can do it, but they will be unable to do it.

The human life on this planet will come to an end, when the time which God has allotted for it is over and every human shall be called to give account of his or her life to their Creator.

Many Powerful nations have passed away before USA and many might come in future.

But in our lives, no doubt USA has become most powerful nation. We are happy for their success and hope they use it carefully.
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

It was bad enough that the U.S. Senate could not bring itself to ban assault weapons or high-capacity ammunition magazines. But its unwillingness to approve even the most fundamental gun control measure — extending background checks to gun shows and online sales — is beyond outrageous. Really now?! Can’t we all agree that felons and people with serious mental illnesses should not have easy access to firearms? Apparently not.

Why is the NRA opposed to a global fire arms-trade treaty?
Why is the NRA opposed to add a chemical signature to explosives so it can be traced?(TERRORISM PREVENTION ACT, Senate - April 16, 1996 opposed by republicans)
Why is the NRA opposed to universal background checks?
Why is the NRA opposed to banning the use of highly toxic lead ammunition, the trophy killing of rare and threatened species, the opening of national parks to sport hunting, and cruel practices such as bear baiting, seal clubbing and captive or “canned” hunts?
Why can’t NRA members take a stand against their, clearly, misguided organization?

20 years ago the government developed a way to mark explosives to help trace terrorist bombs. But republicans and the NRA blocked the research, even after a test of the device helped catch a bomber in Baltimore.
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/ar...
Islamo Pedo_Phile Prophet

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you Muslims are angels? Or Islam is what any Muslim says or does?
Islam is what is told by Quran and sayings and actions of our Prophet.
A Muslim is one who follows what is told by Quran and Prophet, not the other way round.\
So instead of wasting your time and energy, in telling what some or more Muslims are doing, you should try to learn what Quran says and what are teachings of our prophet.
In this way, you will learn about Islam and its teachings and shall tell that what this Muslim did or that Muslim said was against Islam.
That is yours and people like you's basic problem.
You judge Islam by the actions of people having Muslim sounding names, while it should be otherwise.
If some Muslim drinks Alcohol or commits adultery or deals in usury, these actions would not become Islamic, but this man is doing Non Islamic acts.
If you work on these lines, you would find out many things which present day Muslims do, which are exactly opposite to what Islam teaches.
You should criticize these Muslims and not Islam and I shall be with you.

Let's talk about the growing sect of Wahhabism, the most radical, fundamentalist, zealous form of the majority Muslim religion, shall we?
BibleSays

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

MANY BELIEVERS NOT Jesus'...."brother, sister"

http://youtu.be/rdUNJ-EVw20

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••