'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276627 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#287358 Apr 21, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
God's Spirit wrote the book through humankind.
======
2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
God never existed as all the other thousands of myths gods!
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#287359 Apr 21, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument, if you can call it that, questions you sanity, perhaps you ought to look into the purose, validity and soundness of an “argument”. Apparently the Newtown shooter had a ham sandwich for lunch so the first thing we wanna do is do away with those ...
To ban the nuclear devices would be an urgent nesessity for the whole world. But in a capitalist world this is an utopia. No utopia is a nuclear inferno in atomic inferno or even the radiation of already almost thousands AKWs and its deadly legacy!
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#287360 Apr 21, 2013
spocko wrote:
The rich need our help! "Only Little People Pay Taxes: Why a janitor ends up with a higher tax rate than a millionaire." The superrich don't pay as much as they used to—and thanks to a combination of tax cuts and preferential tax policies; their tax obligations are far less demanding than the so-called little people's. In fact, the very wealthiest Americans' tax burden has been steadily dropping for years, even as they've enjoyed astounding income growth not seen by the vast majority of Americans.
Tax rates for the wealthy have fallen substantially since they peaked in the 1940s. During the past 30 years, they have been cut at a much faster rate than middle- and low-income taxpayers'. Much of the money "earned" by the super rich is paid under along-term capital gains tax, which is considerably less than any high income tax bracket. That's what makes Mitt Romney's tax rate so low, along with offshore bank accounts and other tax evasion schemes that can be perfectly legal.
There was never any god at all! Superprofit comes from armaments!
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#287362 Apr 21, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Ban bombs at marathon finish lines?
How about a world without any nuclear devices? No? Not in a capitalist society! So the fate of humanity is off!
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#287363 Apr 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know from where you got the idea that all humans shall die because of nuclear warfare.
It would be nothing of the kind. The end of world shall be on a different scale that can ever be achieved by nuclear warfare.
Ever heard of radiation? No?
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#287365 Apr 21, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
You swallow what barkedale preaches yet you follow no god...how ironic...
Sorry, there were so many mythical gods, but not a single real one. As an atheist I am for reality not phantoms!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#287366 Apr 21, 2013
News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Dimming Nation

By Linh Dinh

As Americans, we spend most of our waking hours in a virtual or actual isolation cell, whether Huyndai, Porsch or Ford, but on this bombastic day, we gather to celebrate speed, domination, land grabbing and pizzazz. The Super Bowl is America’s biggest commercial, concert and film festival, with a football game, by the way, during intermissions.

But it was good this year, you protest! Yes, it was good, but to an uncomprehending world, one that couldn’t tell a linebacker from Operation Linebacker, this day was just a full fledged, no holds barred, asskicking demonstration of American prowess and sexiness, but as 232 countries and territories stared at us, rapt, bored or bugged eyed, our fuckin’ lights went out! Half of them, anyway. With no sound, the camera scanned the darkened ceiling of the super power’s Superdome.

Joe Flacco got flacks for being overheard blurting “Fuckin’ awesome!” on air, and upright citizens griped over Alicia Key’s jazzy rendition of the National Anthem. Led by our cynical and sinister media, we sure know how to scrutinize, carp and fine tune our moral, civic and aesthetic standards. Whenever Pentagon troops are shown, we cheer, as if consenting to their killing or being slaughtered for the same ruling elite that are destroying us here, back home. The military has been thoroughly woven into our lives. After winning the Super Bowl, the Ravens paraded in Humvees chauffeured by soldiers.

With its specific tint, tone and irreplacable meaning, each word has its place, and none is obscene if used properly, but any word can rape the ear and mind if spewed by hypocritical assholes. When the President of the United States of America intones “freedom,”“democracy,”“shining example,”“beacon” or “security,” for example, you best duck and dive into your bunker.

In the Superdome, poor, helpless citizens were abandoned by their uncaring and negligent government not long ago, but for this big bash, tickets went from $850 to $1,250, with fans coughing up much more on the black market. New Orleans is back, they keep saying, but poisoned by the BP oil spill after being slammed by Katrina, the entire region is still in distress. It hasn’t been wrecked by nature, as much as greed and bad government.

With its French, Spanish, Creole and black-infused culture intact, New Orleans remains one of America’s most alluring cities, for sure, but there is no denying its widespread poverty and extremely high crime rates. With The Times Picayune published only three days a week, it is also the only one without a daily newspaper.

The homeless are all over this city. They sprawl in Marigny, Faubourg Lafayette and the Warehouse District. In the French Quarter, they pick leftover drinks and food from trash cans. Scavengers collect cans and bottles. Less than a mile from the Superdome, there was a homeless encampment of up to 200+ people, near the Amtrak Station, but it was cleared in November. You wouldn’t want fans arriving by train to see so much desperation and squalor, would you? Nearby, New Orleans Mission has 252 beds, but it costs $5 to get in for the night, though you’ll get dinner also.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#287367 Apr 21, 2013
Contd.

The homeless are all over this country, and blackouts will become more common, just like in the Third World. Living in Vietnam in 1999-2001, I experienced a blackout nearly every day. Lights, fans and computer would suddenly wheeze out and stay off for a couple hours, sometimes longer, occasionally less, eliciting cheers, literally. Sweating, I’d lie down on the tiled floor, fan myself and mumble,“Am I in the Superdome during Katrina or what? Who’s winning? What’s the score? Where’s my Corexit appetizers?”

So you steer your Kia to the levee, but the levee is broken. The good old boys are downing your life saving and mine, singing,“This is the day America dies.” As the US wheezes out, your house, too, will abruptly turn unbearably hot or cold, if you’re still under a roof, that is, and not camping out under the Pontchartrain Expressway.

Linh Dinh is the author of two books of stories, five of poems, and a novel, Love Like Hate .. He’s tracking our deteriorating socialscape through his frequently updated photo blog, State of the Union
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#287368 Apr 21, 2013
TC wrote:

Revelation 9:13-21

t is also probable that Asteroids from space can destroy 1/3 of the earth. Earthquakes? Pestilence?

==========

2 Peter 3:8-13

Another Thought:

The Ozone Layer is getting larger which means someday the Sun can heat up the earth to the point of FIRE?

Of course this is just speculation on my part.
Ans.

1. The wordings in Revelation 9:13-21 and Peter 3:8-13 are "too vague" to apply to any particular situation.

These are good for "Harry Potter" series of Films.

I should say no more now.

2. An Asteroid hitting earth might kill a large number of persons, no doubt, but to kill each and every human living on earth, it might not be possible.

3. Hole in Ozone layer, could be trouble some, but I doubt if it would kill every human living on earth. Already "corrective actions are in pipeline to undo what was done earlier"

04. The End of Time, would come as suddenly as one can imagine. No one would be prepared for it and it would mean total destruction of earth and our solar system as a whole.

And that means that there will not be a single soul living once that "great earthquake" sets in.

Then after some time gap (no one really knows the duration), a new Earth shall emerge and every soul shall be resurrected and called in to give accounts of their deeds to their Creator.

05. No one knows the time and date of the event, but some signs are provided to us, to guess its nearness:

- The Last and Final prophet has come into the world and revelation has stopped coming to earth.

- Minor signs of the Hour have all been fulfilled.

- What we are waiting for are the Major signs. Rise of Anti Christ and coming down of Jesus Christ would be the First Major Sign of nearness of That Hour.

- So until Jesus comes down, all dates are just speculation and guess work.

Allah Knows Best
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#287369 Apr 21, 2013
Henry wrote:
A very small minority of billionaires rule the world. Their purpose: to make super profits nothing else. In the atomic age this means the end of mankind. Even with no war nearly 1000 AKW s will turn radiation around the world. In capitalism this is the near future.

Ans.

This is your assumption and day dreams.

I have heard about radiation and I have heard about Nuclear warfare.

But human race will not become extinct because of Nuclear warfare, there will be survivors.

The end of world will come when God decrees and this time, ALL HAVE TO DIE AND THERE WILL NOT BE A SINGLE SURVIVOR.

There is a big difference between Nuclear Warfare and End of Time.
Linktv org

Oakdale, NY

#287370 Apr 22, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The Nuclear Bunker Buster
http://tinyurl.com/8gfwtc
http://www.ucsusa.org/nuclear_weapons_and_glo...
Linktv org

Oakdale, NY

#287371 Apr 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. The wordings in Revelation 9:13-21 and Peter 3:8-13 are "too vague" to apply to any particular situation.
2. An Asteroid hitting earth might kill a large number of persons, no doubt, but to kill each and every human living on earth, it might not be possible.
3. Hole in Ozone layer, could be trouble some, but I doubt if it would kill every human living on earth. Already "corrective actions are in pipeline to undo what was done earlier"
04. The End of Time, would come as suddenly as one can imagine. No one would be prepared for it and it would mean total destruction of earth and our solar system as a whole.
And that means that there will not be a single soul living once that "great earthquake" sets in.
Then after some time gap (no one really knows the duration), a new Earth shall emerge and every soul shall be resurrected and called in to give accounts of their deeds to their Creator.
05. No one knows the time and date of the event, but some signs are provided to us, to guess its nearness:
- The Last and Final prophet has come into the world and revelation has stopped coming to earth.
- What we are waiting for are the Major signs. Rise of Anti Christ and coming down of Jesus Christ would be the First Major Sign of nearness of That Hour.
Allah Knows Best
1. There are Prophecies in the Scriptures that did not come to pass yet.

2. How about tens of thousands of Asteroids hitting the earth to kill One Third of Humankind.

3. The Bible says One Third, NOT everyone.

Linktv org

Oakdale, NY

#287372 Apr 22, 2013
4.& 5.

"I, the Son of Man, will come in the glory of my Father with his angels and will judge all people according to their deeds."

Matthew 16:27

"If a person is ashamed of me and my message, I, the Son of Man, will be ashamed of that person when I return in my glory and in the glory of the Father and the holy angels."

Luke 9:26

"No one knows the day or the hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.

"When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah's day. In those days before the flood, the people were enjoying banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat. People didn't realize what was going to happen until the flood came and swept them all away. That is the way it will be when the Son of Man comes.

"Two men will be working together in the field; one will be taken, the other left. Two women will be grinding flour at the mill; one will be taken, the other left. So be prepared, because you don't know what day your Lord is coming."

Matthew 24:36-42

In the Gospels, Jesus promises his return but names no specific time. The promise is intended to give people hope, but Jesus makes it clear that it should do more than that. It should cause us to live in such a way that constantly reflects our readiness to meet our Lord.

"The coming of the Son of Man can be compared with that of a man who left home to go on a trip. He gave each of his employees instructions about the work they were to do, and he told the gatekeeper to watch for his return. So keep a sharp lookout! For you do not know when the homeowner will return -- at evening, midnight, early dawn, or late daybreak. Don't let him find you sleeping when he arrives without warning."

Mark 13:34-36

"Watch out! Don't let me find you living in careless ease and drunkenness, and filled with the worries of this life. Don't let that day catch you unaware, as in a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth. Keep a constant watch. And pray that, if possible, you may escape these horrors and stand before the Son of Man."

Luke 21:34-36

I can tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not rise to meet him ahead of those who are in their graves. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. So comfort and encourage each other with these words.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

You know quite well that the day of the Lord will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night. When people are saying, "All is well; everything is peaceful and secure," then disaster will fall upon them as suddenly as a woman's birth pains begin when her child is about to be born. And there will be no escape.

1 Thessalonians 5:2-3

The Bible ends, appropriately, with both a prayer and a promise: Jesus is coming.

"See, I am coming soon, and my reward is with me, to repay all according to their deeds."

He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon!"

Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!
Revelation 22:12, 20

Linktv org

Oakdale, NY

#287373 Apr 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Allah Knows Best
Matthew 25

The Parable of the Ten Virgins

25 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6 “At midnight the cry rang out:‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise,‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9 “‘No,’ they replied,‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 “Later the others also came.‘Lord, Lord,’ they said,‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied,‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.
ABs

United States

#287375 Apr 22, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
Aloha ABs,
I'm still stuck on the Island that is Long.
LOL
Aloha and mahalo mainlander! The bride and I are having a large time...please tell that moron Frankie that we should consider background checks and size limitations for people wishing to purchase pressure cookers!
spocko

Oakland, CA

#287376 Apr 22, 2013
There are families in Oakland that have lost more than forty members and relatives to gun violence – where is the national outcry by the news media and pundits? So far exactly three have died by pressure cooker ...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#287377 Apr 22, 2013
News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

The Real State Of The Union Is Bleak

By James Kunstler

February 13, 2013 "Information Clearing House" - The fog of chatter about Federal Reserve money-printing shenanigans, currency wars, fiscal intransigence, exchange rates, and alphabetized rescue operations conceals the central reality of the historical moment: that all industrial economies now face epic contraction, even rip-roaring China in its absurd and spectacular bid to become the latest drive-in utopia.

The so-called advanced nations of the world are all sliding toward something less than they wish to be, and the so-called developing nations will backslide further into poverty and anarchy where development will never happen. The implacable contraction underway is the simple result of growing scarcity of cheap oil, the master resource.

Thus, in a world where fantasy has replaced analysis, the propaganda channels brim with false news of America's coming "energy independence" and the rebirth of domestic manufacturing, the coming electric car fleet, and space tourism.

There is also chatter among the paranoid that an imagined elite has deliberately engineered American collapse for fun and profit, with sideshows about the Department of Homeland Security promoting social upheaval in order to make a show of putting it down. This is all b.s. concealing the futile machinations of people so unfortunate as to hold political office in an unraveling they can't control. Where control is no longer possible, paranoid fantasies fill the vacuum of wishing for control.

One thing you can be sure of: the current sociopolitical weather will change. A front will blow through and sweep the fog away. So many circles of hazard are spinning around events that some fast-turning object will come off its axis and start smashing all the fantasies.

When that happens, it will be every community for itself, and where there are no real communities -- for instance, the vast matrix of suburban noplaces that America emergently composed itself out of in a tragic quest to become its own televised fantasy -- we'll discover the dark side of the "liberty" that so-called conservatives endlessly invoke, in all its screaming eagle iconography.

Not since the Civil War (1861 - 65) has anything bad of this scale happened within the United States itself and the public is unprepared despite our total immersion in the on-screen ersatz heroics of avatars such as Dwayne Johnson. The terrible convulsion of the 1860s was preceded by a political time much like ours is now, with figures (calling them leaders is inaccurate) of no conviction backpedaling furiously toward strife.

Remember these things if you tune in to watch President Obama move his lips on Tuesday amid the incessant applause in the House chamber. He'll speak the words "climate change" and the hall will rock with thunderous handclapping -- but it won't mean anything because both the president and the people have no intention of changing the way we live. Mr. Obama will cheerlead for economic growth and he will be talking out of his ass. It's the nature of this contraction that economic growth is absent.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#287378 Apr 22, 2013
Contd.

You can have plenty of economic activity -- especially if you re-form (literally) the systems we depend on, such as farming, commerce, medicine, and transportation -- but it won't be expressed favorably in the GDP stats or the balance sheets of CitiGroup and Morgan Stanley. At the core of this contraction is the disappearing act of real capital -- that is, accumulated wealth -- for the excellent reason that we are squandering what remains of it in the futile effort to keep living the way we do.

But it will be vanishing fast, contrary to the view of such fantasists as David Leonhardt, Washington bureau chief of The New York Times -- catch him on the current Slate Political Gabfest -- who thinks that the Growth Fairy is about to land on the south lawn of the White House.

The State of the Union Address is happening in a peculiar quiet moment when all the financial brushfires of the time have been reduced temporarily to a smolder that conceals the full involvement of the roots under the surface. Our economic system is burning down. Nobody wants to talk about the system that will have to replace it, which I call a world made by hand.

The fortunate few will be those who have already established themselves in an authentic community of helping hands, who have some tools -- and I don't mean Adobe Photoshop or the latest iPhone app -- and laid in some bits of silver and gold.

James Kunstler is the editor of www.Kunstler.com
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#287379 Apr 22, 2013
Link TV wrote:
1. There are Prophecies in the Scriptures that did not come to pass yet.

2. How about tens of thousands of Asteroids hitting the earth to kill One Third of Humankind.

3. The Bible says One Third, NOT everyone.
Ans.

01. Yes, there might be, but no one knows when they will come to pass. No scripture gives exact date.

02. There could be possibility of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of meteorites hitting earth and killing 1/3rd o of its population. Who will take the count that 1/3rd people are dead ?

And why we need asteroids for that? There could be massive earthquakes also.

03. Bible could have said 1/3rd. Our Quran says that at the beginning of hereafter, life would cease on this earth and EVERY living thing shall be dead.

So there was some misunderstanding here and the two versions might have overlapped over each other.
Pdamerica org

Brooklyn, NY

#287380 Apr 23, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Aloha and mahalo mainlander! The bride and I are having a large time...please tell that moron Frankie that we should consider background checks and size limitations for people wishing to purchase pressure cookers!
Congratulations my friend.

All God's blessings with Joy, Peace, and Happiness for You and Bride.

They say Hawaii is paradise on earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Taliban and ISIS Jan 19 Illumi nation 1
News Russia accuses US of destabilizing Syria with K... Jan 19 Nope 2
News Trump's candidacy and presidency have been lace... Jan 17 Red Crosse 71
News Being overweight may be caused by the clock in ... (Mar '17) Jan 17 Let It Snow 42
Apocalypse 2018 Jan 17 God 1
News Iran wants U.S. to pay for 63 years of 'materia... (May '16) Jan 10 C Kersey 10
News Osama Bin Laden reportedly calls Obama 'powerle... (Sep '09) Jan 10 Wall Street Barack 81
More from around the web