'The War Is Not Over'

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept. Full Story
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#287065 Mar 25, 2013
I am making a dispassionate plea for the legalization of home ownership of
atomic weapons, based on the freedom to bear arms; the fact that that all
radioactive substances are well contained within the bomb casing itself
(i.e. no leakage); the obvious fact that it's not bombs that kill people,
but bombers; and the need for escalation in the war of protection.
I do not want to appeal to yours sense of charity or goodwill; these have
always been besides the point. Humans were meant to carry weapons;
the first tools of man and woman were hand-axes for smiting the enemy,
and, were it not for these tools, the most intelligent of our species
might already have been killed, tortured, maimed. It is weapons, in other
words, that keep us free, giving us the ability to say whatever we please.
And as it has been pointed out, over and over again, if it were not for
people like me, the rest of you would be enslaved forever.
Private ownership of atomic weaponry in the United States would give us a
competitive edge on others who would take away our freedom! And we cannot
assume our armed forces will protect us everywhere in this huge land of
ours; the dispersion of weaponry would ensure that we could fight along
with them, tooth and nail. It was Darwin who pointed out that the strongest
among us are those with the will to survive, acquiring atomic weaponry
at almost any cost, as guaranteed in our Declaration of Independence
(last part, near the signatures).
Remember: It is bombers who kill, not bombs. There is no reason whatsoever,
logical or illogical, that advanced weapons should not be made
available to the general public. The number of bombs in the entire United
States probably amounts to about four or five demented individuals, who
could not afford even a handgun, much less something on the order of
100,000 kilotons. So I urge you: Write your congressman (forget the women)
or better yet: write the United Nations (United Nations, 1 United Nations
Plaza, New York City). If we all do this, both buyers and sellers will
emerge out of the darkness, and our government will capitulate to, what
after all, is our right and our inheritance.

Thank you.

Big. Gen. Jack D. Ripper
John_Schuylkill County_Pa

Frackville, PA

#287067 Mar 25, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Wow !!! Talk about being in a minority. Even the Repub leaders today never speak his name and sure wouldn't be caught on the same stage with him.
The Americans are learning how much they are being lied to and there is no transparency as promised by the current administration. How about 2 Congressmen and a potential Presidential candidate on the same stage.

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/coastal/news/headl...

The lame stream media's coverage leaves a lot to be desired.
John_Schuylkill County_Pa

Frackville, PA

#287068 Mar 25, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet Jim Jones would agree ...
He's been dead since 1978. You are drinking the wrong koolaid

“From The Desert To The Sea”

Since: Sep 09

To All Across The Lands

#287069 Mar 25, 2013
From the it will all be over soon files.

source: Kashmir put on high alert
Sources said the movement of militants across Kashmir has surged in the past two weeks.“There is no specific target but the security forces are the possible targets,” sources said. The militants have ample manpower, weapons and money to carry out more attacks.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#287070 Mar 26, 2013
The Ryan budget is just another one of the GOPers inability to deal with reality! Obviously a budget is important and cutting our deficits matters greatly. But in a country in which a CEO’s salary are 300 times more than their employees’, corporate profits and the stock market are at record highs, jobs are being created at a snail pace and median incomes are sagging while corporate managers receive millions in bonuses, we have far more basic and grave issues to grapple with.

This country has always operated under deficit spending, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that, as long as economic growth outpaces it. Please note that the worst deficit year as a percentage of GNP was 2009 ... the last fiscal year of the George W. Bush presidency, and his lasting legacy.

The United States is like a business whose model for making revenue is failing, trying to save itself by cutting down on travel expenditures and the cost of making photocopies. Sure, we shouldn't overspend. But if we don't figure out what business we're in -- what new industries will create tomorrow's jobs, what kind of new workers we'll need, what kind of infrastructure we must have to be competitive and attract investment -- our deficit problems will seem minor compared with our social and political concerns.

Our most important national discussion should not be about spending but about investment. We need to recognize that some federal programs help grow the economy and weigh the return on investment we will get from these and which are essential to growing the new industries that will be the employers of tomorrow ... and will provide the growth that is the only real solution to our debt issues.

The Ryan budget cuts transportation spending in a country that has neglected its highways and bridges for over half a century. It doesn't plan for the infrastructure spending we will need to respond to the consequences of climate change (like hurricane relief) or anticipate the investment we could make to avoid such problems in the first place. It doesn't discuss how to expand information technology and next-generation energy infrastructure as we must.
http://billmoyers.com/content/live-chat-with-...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287071 Mar 26, 2013
Spocko wrote:
The Ryan budget is just another one of the GOPers inability to deal with reality!
LOL...All ready campaigning against our next POTUS? How fresh...

Hey...SPEAKING OF OBUMBLE RACISM...
A poll out this morning shows that a majority of Americans believe the US shouldn't assassinate its own citizens abroad (41% favor the killings, with 52% opposed), which is a little weird, points out Glenn Greenwald at the Guardian, because when the US actually killed citizen Anwar al-Awlaki, it was considered a BIG POLITICAL WIN for President Obumble.
So What happened?

Well, it's possible Americans oppose the killings in the abstract, but not in Awlaki's case, given his infamy. But Greenwald doubts it.

He thinks that for many, the term "Americans" means "their nice neighbors down the street, and anyone else who looks like them, not people with foreign and Muslim-ish names like Anwar al-Awlaki. This decade-long Othering of Muslims has long driven War on Terror politics...
I for one would have thought that the great one Obumble would have changed that image...but nay-nay...anyhoot moving right along...

Does anyone doubt that if Obama's drone bombs were killing nice white British teenagers or smiling blond Swiss infants rather than unnamed Yemenis, Pakistanis, Afghans, and Somalis that the reaction to this sustained killing would be drastically different?

However it should be noted by the righwingnutz that white british teens and blonde swiss infants haven't been involved in to many suicide market bombings in the past several centuries or so...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287072 Mar 26, 2013
Spocko wrote:
I am making a dispassionate plea for the legalization of home ownership of
atomic weapons, based on the freedom to bear arms; the fact that that all
radioactive substances are well contained within the bomb casing itself
(i.e. no leakage); the obvious fact that it's not bombs that kill people,
but bombers; and the need for escalation in the war of protection.
I do not want to appeal to yours sense of charity or goodwill; these have
always been besides the point. Humans were meant to carry weapons;
the first tools of man and woman were hand-axes for smiting the enemy,
and, were it not for these tools, the most intelligent of our species
might already have been killed, tortured, maimed. It is weapons, in other
words, that keep us free, giving us the ability to say whatever we please.
And as it has been pointed out, over and over again, if it were not for
people like me, the rest of you would be enslaved forever.
Private ownership of atomic weaponry in the United States would give us a
competitive edge on others who would take away our freedom! And we cannot
assume our armed forces will protect us everywhere in this huge land of
ours; the dispersion of weaponry would ensure that we could fight along
with them, tooth and nail. It was Darwin who pointed out that the strongest
among us are those with the will to survive, acquiring atomic weaponry
at almost any cost, as guaranteed in our Declaration of Independence
(last part, near the signatures).
Remember: It is bombers who kill, not bombs. There is no reason whatsoever,
logical or illogical, that advanced weapons should not be made
available to the general public. The number of bombs in the entire United
States probably amounts to about four or five demented individuals, who
could not afford even a handgun, much less something on the order of
100,000 kilotons. So I urge you: Write your congressman (forget the women)
or better yet: write the United Nations (United Nations, 1 United Nations
Plaza, New York City). If we all do this, both buyers and sellers will
emerge out of the darkness, and our government will capitulate to, what
after all, is our right and our inheritance.
Thank you.
Big. Gen. Jack D. Ripper
Nukes are a maintenance nightmare, let me tell you...I'd rather have a ray gun...and the BONUS with a laser is that it not only kills your prey, it cooks it!
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287073 Mar 26, 2013
I guess my comrade and friend MUQ is tied up engineering at the royal commission headquarters in Yanbu Industrial City. Lots of projects and foreign workers making lots of money in the KSA...I hope he is well and hurry back comrade...I still have unanswered questions of islam...
Sandy

Champion, MI

#287074 Mar 26, 2013
Sandy

Champion, MI

#287075 Mar 26, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
EASY there ol boy! The only person here focused on Dick is frankie, the rest of us believe that marraige is a union of man and woman...
I bet you're loving the supreme court today.....ha ha ha! America, where everyone gets treated equally. Thanks Obama.https://petitions.whiteh ouse.gov/ Send him a thank-you letter.:)
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287076 Mar 27, 2013
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you're loving the supreme court today.....ha ha ha! America, where everyone gets treated equally. Thanks Obama.https://petitions.whiteh ouse.gov/ Send him a thank-you letter.:)
THANKS OBUMBLE...
Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks ... and fast.
Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of “disappointing performance” in dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods.
In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel.
With 70% of the U.S. economy dependent on consumer spending, Buffett’s apparent lack of faith in these companies’ future prospects is worrisome.
Unfortunately Buffett isn’t alone.
Fellow billionaire John Paulson, who made a fortune betting on the subprime mortgage meltdown, is clearing out of U.S. stocks too. Finally, billionaire George Soros recently sold nearly all of his bank stocks, including shares of JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, and Goldman Sachs. Between the three banks, Soros sold more than a million shares.
So why are these billionaires dumping their shares of U.S. companies?
After all, the stock market is still in the midst of its historic rally. Real estate prices have finally leveled off, and for the first time in five years are actually rising in many locations. And the unemployment rate seems to have stabilized.
It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as 90%.
One such person publishing this research is Robert Wiedemer, an esteemed economist and author of the New York Times best-selling book Aftershock.
“Once you hit 10% inflation, 10-year Treasury bonds lose about half their value. And by 20%, any value is all but gone. Interest rates will increase dramatically at this point, and that will cause real estate values to collapse. And the stock market will collapse as a consequence of these other problems.”
And this is where Wiedemer explains why Buffett, Paulson, and Soros could be dumping U.S. stocks:
“Companies will be spending more money on borrowing costs than business expansion costs. That means lower profit margins, lower dividends, and less hiring. Plus, more layoffs.”
No investors, let alone billionaires, will want to own stocks with falling profit margins and shrinking dividends. So if that’s why Buffett, Paulson, and Soros are dumping stocks, they have decided to cash out early and leave Main Street investors holding the bag.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#287077 Mar 27, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
THANKS OBUMBLE...
Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks ... and fast.
Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of “disappointing performance” in dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods.
In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel.
With 70% of the U.S. economy dependent on consumer spending, Buffett’s apparent lack of faith in these companies’ future prospects is worrisome.
Unfortunately Buffett isn’t alone.
Fellow billionaire John Paulson, who made a fortune betting on the subprime mortgage meltdown, is clearing out of U.S. stocks too. Finally, billionaire George Soros recently sold nearly all of his bank stocks, including shares of JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, and Goldman Sachs. Between the three banks, Soros sold more than a million shares.
So why are these billionaires dumping their shares of U.S. companies?
After all, the stock market is still in the midst of its historic rally. Real estate prices have finally leveled off, and for the first time in five years are actually rising in many locations. And the unemployment rate seems to have stabilized.
It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as 90%.
One such person publishing this research is Robert Wiedemer, an esteemed economist and author of the New York Times best-selling book Aftershock.
“Once you hit 10% inflation, 10-year Treasury bonds lose about half their value. And by 20%, any value is all but gone. Interest rates will increase dramatically at this point, and that will cause real estate values to collapse. And the stock market will collapse as a consequence of these other problems.”
And this is where Wiedemer explains why Buffett, Paulson, and Soros could be dumping U.S. stocks:
“Companies will be spending more money on borrowing costs than business expansion costs. That means lower profit margins, lower dividends, and less hiring. Plus, more layoffs.”
No investors, let alone billionaires, will want to own stocks with falling profit margins and shrinking dividends. So if that’s why Buffett, Paulson, and Soros are dumping stocks, they have decided to cash out early and leave Main Street investors holding the bag.
The exact opposite is happening Warren Buffet just bought HJ Heinz for 23 Billion
Quote: "You're seeing a shrinking world and an equilibrium of wealth creation, this kind of activity is only going to accelerate over the next years."
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287078 Mar 28, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
The exact opposite is happening Warren Buffet just bought HJ Heinz for 23 Billion
Quote: "You're seeing a shrinking world and an equilibrium of wealth creation, this kind of activity is only going to accelerate over the next years."
Always the comedian you are Francis...
Next you will tell us that buying Heinz by teaming up with a BRAZILIAN PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM has what bearing on his aggressive dumping of stocks in US companies?

Speaking of your mother, here's another joke for you...

Subject: Fw: An Observation on an Age Old Question - really - which would you rather???

I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer.
The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking on various topics.
Finally I thought about an age old question:

Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?
Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts.
Well, after another beer, and some heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with the answer to that question.

Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby; and here is the reason for my conclusion.
A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."

On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

I rest my case. Time for another beer.
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287079 Mar 28, 2013
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no issue with fags marrying...have at it...the fun is going to really begin when straight friends start pretending they are gay so that they qualify for the benefits of married couple tax rates and benefits. What affect do you see that on the national debt picture? Here's a nickel, buy a clue...
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#287080 Mar 28, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Next you will tell us that buying Heinz by teaming up with a BRAZILIAN PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM has what bearing on his aggressive dumping of stocks in US companies?
The one constant we know for a FACT is that brain-dead Obama haters will always be in a constant state of confusion.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#287081 Mar 28, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of your mother, here's another joke for you...
Subject: Fw: An Observation on an Age Old Question - really - which would you rather???
I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer.
The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking on various topics.
Finally I thought about an age old question:
Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?
Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts.
Well, after another beer, and some heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with the answer to that question.
Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby; and here is the reason for my conclusion.
A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."
On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."
I rest my case. Time for another beer.
If only you could tear yourself away from your Church of FAUX News – you’d be a better person for it! Buffet is buying not dumping – yemoron!
Warren Buffet on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” last week, Quote:“We are buying stocks now, we're buying them not because we think they're going to go up in the immediate future, but because we're getting excellent value”
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#287082 Mar 28, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no issue with fags marrying...have at it...the fun is going to really begin when straight friends start pretending they are gay so that they qualify for the benefits of married couple tax rates and benefits. What affect do you see that on the national debt picture? Here's a nickel, buy a clue...
The case against same sex marriage:

• Leviticus 18:22, Deuteronomy 23:17, Romans 1:26

• Could further weaken traditional American values like prejudice, intolerance, and hatred

• Nation could be running out of citizens to make second-class

• It could prevent the erosion of the ever so perfect and totally flawless American family
ABs

Snellville, GA

#287083 Mar 28, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
The case against same sex marriage:
• Leviticus 18:22, Deuteronomy 23:17, Romans 1:26
• Could further weaken traditional American values like prejudice, intolerance, and hatred
• Nation could be running out of citizens to make second-class
• It could prevent the erosion of the ever so perfect and totally flawless American family
Couldn't havesaid it better myself, thanks francis...nice to see you visit reality on occassion.....now hurry back to the Rache Madcow show now showing on queers and steers tv...
ABs

Snellville, GA

#287085 Mar 28, 2013
News you won't see or hear on IRNA or the KSA Enquirer....

The highly strategic intersection of the Syrian, Israeli and Jordan borders, just east of the Golan, was captured by the Al Musanna Brigade of al Qaeda’s Syrian arm, Jabhat al-Nusra on March 25, sources report. This put the jihadists directly opposite 14 Israeli southern Golan villages and at a distance of 5-6 kilometers from one of Israel’s earliest kibbutzim, Ein Gev, on the shores of the Sea of Galilee. Military sources report that this sensitive area fell to al Qaeda in a fierce battle waged with the Syrian army’s 5th Division in the village of Sham Al-Jawla. Control of this village has opened the way for the jihadists to reach the Syrian Golan sector from the south and for direct access to the Syrian-Israeli-Jordanian borders. On a second front, al Qaeda fighters have seized control of Wadi ar-Ruqqad, a 70-kilometer long waterway which forms the Golan’s eastern boundary.

MEANWHILE BACK IN WASHINGTON... You Go, Obumble....you go BOI!
...The US State Department's Rewards for Justice program posted $5 million rewards for information leading to the arrest or conviction of two Americans who have served in leadership positions in Shabaab, al Qaeda's affiliate in Somalia. One of the Americans, Jehad Serwan Mostafa, is believed to have served as an emissary for Ayman al Zawahiri, al Qaeda's emir, the FBI told The Long War Journal. The other, Omar Hammami, is currently engaged in a personal dispute with Shabaab. The $5 million rewards offered for Mostafa and Hammami match that of 37 other terrorists in the Rewards for Justice program. The program offers a higher reward for only seven other terrorist leaders and operatives. Ayman al Zawahiri tops the list at $25 million. Mostafa is also known as Emir Anwar, Ahmed Gurey, and Anwar al-Amriki.
Obumble's murder for hire program in full swing....here a drone, there a drone.....everywhere a drone drone....
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287086 Mar 29, 2013
More news you will not see on IRNA or the Kingdom Times Magazine...

I have nothing to live for, therefore allah wishes that I kill in his name and promise of reward in the afterlife...
A Pakistan suicide bomber killed at least 10 people near the US consulate in Peshawar today; the attacker was reportedly targeting a police commander who received "only scratches," an official says. Some 28 were wounded in the attack, AFP reports. The bomber detonated his explosives when the commander's convoy stopped at a checkpoint about 1,000 feet from the consulate. No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack, which a police rep said involved 22 pounds of explosives and killed two women, two soldiers, and a police officer, CNN notes. Pakistan's Taliban often attacks police and troops.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Locals get angry with pro-Russia separatists (May '14) 39 min Dimitri100 1,069
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 8 hr Neville Thompson 45,818
New U.S. commander takes the helm in Afghanistan (Feb '13) 9 hr fukuda 2
Ulterior Motive Watchdog: Muslim groups have ag... 16 hr fingers crossed 6
The problem(s) with Israel 22 hr Jeff Brightone 1
India, Australia agree on framework for securit... Thu Shilpa Shety 7
TUV: 22 flaws in Haass document (Jan '14) Wed Lawrence James co... 96

Terrorism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE