'The War Is Not Over'

Sep 12, 2006 Read more: Los Angeles Times 276,688
WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept. Read more
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#287033 Mar 19, 2013
News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Obama: The Warrior King

BY MICAH ZENKO (Contd.)

Not factored into the equation are the impact on the people living in the affected countries (and the global hatred for drone strikes) and "secondary and tertiary effects out here that one day you have to live with," as former CIA director Michael Hayden recently said (most notably the growth of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula over the last two years from "several hundred" to a "few thousand" members). The bottom line: if Americans are detached from the repercussions, or shielded by executive branch secrecy and a disinterested Congress, it is not war.

Developments have only further confirmed my November prediction that America will never again have a peacetime president. If America is not engaged in a perpetual war, how else could the White House believe it has the legal authority to authorize an "informed, high-level" government official to order the targeted killing of a U.S. citizen who is not provided the due process protections mandated by the Constitution?

Given how U.S. policymakers describe national security threats, and privilege military responses to them, it should not be surprising that the United States finds itself in a state of perpetual war. Isn't this why we spend $633 billion on defense and $75.4 billion on national and military intelligence, not to mention the 134,508 U.S. servicemembers deployed around the world (not including 68,000 in Afghanistan)? War is not only the D-Day invasion of Normandy or Operation Desert Storm. Don't let anyone -- even a Nobel Peace Prize laureate -- tell you otherwise.

MANDEL NGAN/AFP/GettyImages
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287037 Mar 20, 2013
President Obama arrived in Israel today for his first visit to the country since taking office, the AP reports, calling the itinerary "laden more with symbolism than substance." Foremost on the agenda: Iran's nuclear program, the Syria conflict, and the Israel-Palestine peace process. Obama is meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu today, and Netanyahu is expected to ask for a "red line" for Iran to ensure military action is taken if the country gets too close to developing an atom bomb, NBC News reports. Israel is also concerned about Syria's conflict creating instability in the border zone between the two countries.

Obama will also be visiting the Palestinian Authority and Jordan for the first time this week, before flying home Saturday. But his meeting with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is not seen as "positive," a PLO official tells Reuters, and Obama is not expected to make much progress in restarting stalled peace talks. In fact, some don't expect him to make much progress on anything. "This seems to me to be an ill-scheduled and ill-conceived visit," says the president of a Tel Aviv-based think tank. "On the Iranian situation, Israel and the USA don't seem to have anything new to say to each other. On Syria, the Americans don't have a clear outlook." The White House itself has attempted to lower expectations for any breakthroughs. Politico catches a lighter moment as Obama arrived this morning, in which he jokes, "It's good to get away from Congress."

Always the jokester...not bad for someone with NO CLEAR OUTLOOK...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287038 Mar 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is simple, you are allowed to retaliate in equal measure, this is your right.
But if you forgive and do not retaliate....Allah will reward you for the generosity.
This way it is "more tuned" to human nature. For common folks they can retaliate in equal measure...but those who are in higher moral category, they can forget.
At another place Quran says "Eye for eye, ear for ear, nose for nose, tooth for tooth and for injury equal injury, but if some one forgives and pardons, it would be counted as an act of charity for them..."
Interpret scriptures in their simple meaning, do not try to pry hidden meanings and argument only for the sake of argument.
There would be no end for such discussions.
I hear you comrade MUQ..but still don't understand your book...if I as a muslim retailiates in equal measure to someone that has done me wrong and you as a muslim does not retaliate against someone who has done you wrong, do we both get to go to the same eternal after life place? Its not a trick question, just wandering what my motivation would be not to retaliate if both of us go to the same heaven...thats all...

“One For the Money”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#287039 Mar 21, 2013
North Korea threatens to attack US air bases in Pacific

Published March 21, 2013

North Korea is threatening to attack American air bases on Guam and the Japanese island of Okinawa in response to a series of military drills involving the U.S. and South Korea.

The U.S. Air Force has been flying B-52 bombers, which are capable of carrying nuclear weapons, over the Korean Peninsula

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/03/21/north...

N.Korea constantly threatens the U.S. it seems like they are always whining about something.
EndTimeNews

AOL

#287040 Mar 21, 2013

ISRAEL at APEX ----- READY for 7 YR Agreement

ABs

Aiken, SC

#287043 Mar 22, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Mammoth Mountain
Back at you francis...

A PLANE IS ON ITS WAY TO OAKLAND, WHEN FRANKIE SITTING IN ECONOMY CLASS GETS UP AND MOVES TO THE FIRST CLASS SECTION AND SITS DOWN.
THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT WATCHES HER DO THIS, AND ASKS TO SEE HER TICKET.
SHE THEN TELLS FRANKIE THAT SHE PAID FOR ECONOMY CLASS, AND THAT SHE WILL HAVE TO SIT IN THE BACK.
FRANKIE REPLIES, "I'M A TRANSGENDER, I'M AN OBUMBLE TRICKLE DOWN DEMOCRAT, I HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS FIRST CLASS RICH ELITIST RIGHT WING REPUBTARDS, I'M GOING TO OAKLAND AND I'M STAYING RIGHT HERE".
THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT GOES INTO THE COCKPIT AND TELLS THE PILOT AND THE CO-PILOT THAT THERE IS LIBTARDIAN EQUALIST SITTING IN FIRST CLASS THAT BELONGS IN ECONOMY, AND WON'T MOVE BACK TO HER SEAT.

THE RIGHTWING TEAPARTY CO-PILOT GOES BACK TO FRANKIE AND TRIES TO EXPLAIN THAT BECAUSE SHE ONLY PAID FOR ECONOMY SHE WILL HAVE TO LEAVE AND RETURN TO HER SEAT.
ONCE AGAIN FRANKIE REPLIES,“I'M A TRANSGENDER, I'M AN OBUMBLE TRICKLE DOWN DEMOCRAT, I HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS FIRST CLASS RICH ELITIST RIGHT WING REPUBTARDS, I'M GOING TO OAKLAND AND I'M STAYING RIGHT HERE".

THE CO-PILOT TELLS ABs THE MODERATELT LIBERAL CONSERVATIVE INDEPENDENT PILOT THAT HE PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE THE POLICE WAITING WHEN THEY LAND TO ARREST THIS LIBTARDIAN BIMBO WHO WON'T LISTEN TO REASON.

ABs THE PILOT SAYS, "YOU SAY SHE IS AN OBUMBLE TRICKLE DOWN DEMOCRAT?
I'LL HANDLE THIS, I'M MARRIED TO A FORMER FIRST TERM BUT SOON ENLIGHTENED EX-OBUMBLE SUPPORTER. I SPEAK OBUMBLENOMIC CHANGE YOU CAN COUNT ON".

ABs GOES BACK TO FRANKIE AND WHISPERS IN HER EAR, AND SHE SAYS,
"OH, I'M SORRY," AND GETS UP AND GOES BACK TO HER SEAT IN ECONOMY...THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT AND CO-PILOT ARE AMAZED AND ASKED HIM WHAT HE SAID TO MAKE HER MOVE WITHOUT ANY FUSS.
ABs SAID YOU HAVE TO TALK IN TERMS THAT OBUMBLE SUPPORTERS UNDERSTAND..."I TOLD HER, FIRST CLASS ISN'T GOING TO OAKLAND".
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287044 Mar 22, 2013
VoteVets org wrote:
<quoted text>
My Two Cents.
Proverbs 25:21-22
21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.
22 In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,
and the Lord will reward you.
I guess I upset my BFF comrade MUQ again, tinyearl...don't understand why he gets so sensitive...I was sincere when I asked him if I as a muslim retailiates in equal measure to someone that has done me wrong and he as a muslim does not retaliate against someone who has done him wrong, yet we both get to go to the same eternal after life place what my motivation would be to not retaliate if both of us go to the same heaven...

Obviously that must have struck a nerve and explains why Shi'ite and Sunni continue to retaliate upon each other. If they still get eternal life with Allah either way, why should they not retaliate?

I hope my BFF comrade realizes that I was sincere and was not trying to trick him and really wanted to know...

So how about christians, tinyearl? Are the ones that retaliate going to get the same express pass to heaven as the ones that turn the other cheek as long as both of them are 15% donors to the church of christ?
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287045 Mar 22, 2013
-Web wrote:
North Korea threatens to attack US air bases in Pacific
Published March 21, 2013
North Korea is threatening to attack American air bases on Guam and the Japanese island of Okinawa in response to a series of military drills involving the U.S. and South Korea.
The U.S. Air Force has been flying B-52 bombers, which are capable of carrying nuclear weapons, over the Korean Peninsula
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/03/21/north...
N.Korea constantly threatens the U.S. it seems like they are always whining about something.
Nothing a few nukes can't take care of...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287046 Mar 22, 2013
News you won't see or hear on Buddha TV...
Religious riots between Buddhists and Muslims have rocked a central Burmese town for two days, leaving at least 20 dead and prompting President Thein Sein to declare a state of emergency, the AP reports. A local reporter estimated the number of dead at closer to 40, the New York Times notes. At least five mosques as well as Muslim homes have been torched in Meikhtila, a town of about 100,000 people, about a third of which are Muslim; angry Buddhists are preventing officials from extinguishing the blazes.

The violence reportedly began after a Wednesday dispute between a Muslim shopkeeper and Buddhist customers. After a Buddhist monk was killed, a mob took to the streets of a Muslim neighborhood. Violence has spread from Meikhtila to neighboring villages; locals say they're afraid to go outside and Muslims have reportedly fled to a nearby sports stadium...

5 mosques in a town of 100,000 people, about a third (33,333) muslim? Thats a quite high mosque per muslim capita average for such a small city, isn't it? My city has about 300,000 people, 100k catholic and 3 catholic churches...very interesting...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287047 Mar 22, 2013
Dear Frankie SPOCKO...you and obumble need to get on this post haste...perhaps a ban on weapons for marines is in order, yes?

Officials say a Marine killed a male and female colleague at a base in Virginia before committing suicide.

Base spokesman Lt. Agustin Solivan says it began around 11 p.m. with a shooting that killed one at Marine Base Quantico. The suspect then barricaded himself inside the barracks, prompting a standoff with authorities.

Authorities eventually entered the barracks early Friday and found a second victim dead along with the suspect dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

No names have been released by Solivan says all three of the dead are Marines.

Crazy people don't kill people, marines with guns do...ban marines with guns now!
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287048 Mar 22, 2013
two2tango wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what happens when everyone is focused on Dick. And his companies like Haliburtion, Blackwater etc.
EASY there ol boy! The only person here focused on Dick is frankie, the rest of us believe that marraige is a union of man and woman...
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#287049 Mar 22, 2013
ABs wrote:
Dear Frankie SPOCKO...you and obumble need to get on this post haste...perhaps a ban on weapons for marines is in order, yes?
Officials say a Marine killed a male and female colleague at a base in Virginia before committing suicide.
Base spokesman Lt. Agustin Solivan says it began around 11 p.m. with a shooting that killed one at Marine Base Quantico. The suspect then barricaded himself inside the barracks, prompting a standoff with authorities.
Authorities eventually entered the barracks early Friday and found a second victim dead along with the suspect dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
No names have been released by Solivan says all three of the dead are Marines.
Crazy people don't kill people, marines with guns do...ban marines with guns now!
The Marines have killed two people – oh-ma-gawd! You seem to have the intellect of a salted slug – how come I’m not surprised? In the last 100 years the US military has killed an estimated 10 Million people!
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287050 Mar 22, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
The Marines have killed two people – oh-ma-gawd! You seem to have the intellect of a salted slug – how come I’m not surprised? In the last 100 years the US military has killed an estimated 10 Million people!
BAN STUPIDITY NOW!...lol, change you can count on, yes indeedy...

It's been four years since Barack OBUMBLE promised to close Gitmo, and you lap dogs licked it up!... but not only are the camps still open, now the US military wants $49 million to build a new prison building there, reports the New York Times. With the new building—which would apparently replace Camp 7, where so-called high-value detainee are held—the military is asking for an estimated $195.7 million to upgrade the prison camp so it can continue to operate indefinitely.

Other items on the improvements list include $99 million for two barracks,$12 million for a new dining hall, and money for improving medical, legal, and communications facilities. While acknowledging the funding request is a hefty one, General John F. Kelly, the Southcom commander, noted "everything that’s built down there is at least twice as expensive."
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#287051 Mar 22, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
BAN STUPIDITY NOW!...lol, change you can count on, yes indeedy...
It's been four years since Barack OBUMBLE promised to close Gitmo, and you lap dogs licked it up!... but not only are the camps still open, now the US military wants $49 million to build a new prison building there, reports the New York Times. With the new building—which would apparently replace Camp 7, where so-called high-value detainee are held—the military is asking for an estimated $195.7 million to upgrade the prison camp so it can continue to operate indefinitely.
Other items on the improvements list include $99 million for two barracks,$12 million for a new dining hall, and money for improving medical, legal, and communications facilities. While acknowledging the funding request is a hefty one, General John F. Kelly, the Southcom commander, noted "everything that’s built down there is at least twice as expensive."
So you are going from salted slug to complete imbecile! Just two days after taking the oath of office, on Jan. 22, 2009, Obama signed an executive order instructing the military to close Guantánamo. But Congress' prohibition on resettling any of the detainees in the United States hamstrung the administration's plans for closing the prison as well as the global search for countries willing to take the captives.
ABs

Decatur, GA

#287052 Mar 22, 2013
And I'm the slug...lol
Obviously first class on your plane doesn't go to Oakland Hieghts...

2 days after taking office...what a gutsy snap decision, wasn't it? No forethought, no what ifs, just do it! I am the chosen one and I order it done...uhhh, wait a minute, where are we going to relocate everyone to...what ramifications does it have on the law of our land, what if.....awwww phurk it! Just close the sumbitch on my order...and while we're at it, what the freak... let me sign a couple more...lets see.....hmmmm...ooooh, I got it...NO MORE TORTURE, back to ding things strictly by the army field manual....and heck frankie, while my pen is hot lets sign an order for some one...no wait...why have one persn do it when we can put a WHOLE ENTIRE task force to work...yea-yeah...a task force, wait EVEN FREAKIN BETTER...we'll call it an interagency task force and we'll order it to lead a systematic review of detention policies and procedures and a review of all individual cases...yea-yeah, that should do it!

The task force can provide OBUMBLE with information in terms of how we are able to deal with the disposition of the detainees that are currently in Guantanamo, thsoe so hideous and evil that we cannot transfer them to other countries, for be VRY VERY AFRAID that they could pose a serious danger to the United States if released...

OBUMBLE HAD A NATIONAL SIGNING DAY THAT SECOND DAY, DIT'N HE FRANCIS???? Hail man, he even had enough ink to sign a memorandum requesting a delay in the long awaited Supreme Court's hearing of the case of Ali Saleh Kahlah al-Marri...that worked out great dit'n it francis? Al-Marri plea bargained what? A 15 year deal with credit for time spent? That means...EVEN THOUGH OBUMBLE SAID, AND I QUOTE: Al-Marri is clearly a dangerous individual...that this piece of shi'ite crapola gets out in 2016 at the latest...hail man, maybe Obumble will by the poor slug a home next to his?

Like Isaid, thank god being stupid is illegal...
ABs

Decatur, GA

#287053 Mar 22, 2013
And before you blame the FAILED executive orders on the rightwingnutz...don't foget woTHE ONE's biggest suporter of closing Gitmo was...although the MC'ster did think the pen and ink change was wee bit hasty...along with repubtard rightwingnut Lindsey Graham...

"The decision to close the detention facility received immediate backing from Obama's general election opponent, Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain.

McCain, in a joint statement with South Carolina GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham, said he supported Obama's decision to "reaffirm America's adherence to the Geneva Conventions, and begin a process that will, we hope, lead to the resolution of all cases of Guantanamo detainees."

On CNN's "Larry King Live," McCain said he thought the new president may have been hasty in the decision and should have taken the time to consider everything associated with closing the camp before forcing himself into a timetable..."

So how did that timetable work out for the chosen one, francis?
ABs

Decatur, GA

#287054 Mar 22, 2013
Obama Ignored Reality...... Two years ago, Obama "dismissed the opposition to closing the prison as partisan politics designed to create a 'climate of fear'... In reality, there were serious roadblocks to closing Guantanamo, ones that the administration still hasn’t been able to overcome. It wasn’t Obama’s critics who 'refuse[d] to deal with these issues' back in 2009, as he claimed. It was Obama himself who ignored the legitimate problems with his proposal and is now being forced to eat his words two years later."

Hey francis, someone should have told the monkey to check out the legality options before creating task forces and making promises he couldn't keep...how much money did our nation waste on the ONE'S ignorance and snap decision? Never give a monkey a pen and paper, nothing good can come of it...stick to teleprompter scripts written by puppet handlers...class dismissed
ABs

Snellville, GA

#287055 Mar 23, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are going from salted slug to complete imbecile! Just two days after taking the oath of office, on Jan. 22, 2009, Obama signed an executive order instructing the military to close Guantánamo. But Congress' prohibition on resettling any of the detainees in the United States hamstrung the administration's plans for closing the prison as well as the global search for countries willing to take the captives.
BAN AIRPORT SIGNS NOW!

A flight-information sign inside the Birmingham airport fell on a family yesterday, killing a 10-year boy and injuring other family members. Firefighters estimated the arrival-departure sign weighed 300 to 400 pounds, and airport officials aren't sure what caused it to fall. Luke Bresette was pronounced dead at Children's of Alabama hospital, and two other children—thought to be the boy's siblings—were being treated there. Luke's mother, Heather Bresette, is in critical condition at another hospital.
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287056 Mar 25, 2013
President B.H.Obumble has recently appointed himself Golf Czar.

Major rule changes in the game of golf will become effective November 1, 2013.

This is only a preview as the complete rule book (expect 2716 pages) is being rewritten as we speak.

Here are a few of the changes:

Golfers with handicaps:
- Below 10 will have their green fees increased by 35%.
- Between 11 and 18 will see no increase in green fees.
- Above 18 will get a $20 check each time they play.

The term "gimmie" will be changed to "entitlement" and will be used as follows:
- Handicaps below 10, no entitlements.
- Handicaps from 11 to 17, entitlements for putter length putts.
- Handicaps above 18, if your ball is on the green, no need to putt, just pick it up.

These entitlements are intended to bring about fairness and, most importantly, equality in scoring.

In addition, a Player will be limited to a maximum of one birdie or six pars in any given 18-hole round.

Any excess must be given to those fellow players who have not yet scored a birdie or par.

Only after all players have received a birdie or par from the player actually making the birdie or par, can that player begin to count his pars and birdies again .

The current USGA handicap system will be used for the above purposes, but the term "net score" will be available only for scoring those players with handicaps of 18 and above.

This is intended to "re-distribute" the success of winning by making sure that in all competitions every Player above an 18 handicap will post only "net score" against every other player's "gross score".

These new Rules are intended to CHANGE the game of golf.

Golf must be about Fairness. It should have nothing to do with ability, hard work, practice, and responsibility.

This is the "Right thing to do."

So, please remember; if you shot a round of golf under par, you didn't shoot it yourself. Someone else built that course, and someone else cut the grass so that you could play on it. Someone else built the clubs and the cart.

You need to share with everyone and anyone who made you a successful golfer.
devvev

Pittsburgh, PA

#287057 Mar 25, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …… Unfortunate Mistake?
Bush come be Brought Back you know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Possible visit by Kosovo's Thaci puts old foe S... 10 hr La la land 4
News Halton Muslim women separate ISIS from Islam 20 hr who do u believe 1
Boycott holland and europe Fri Republican 1
News This undated photo provided by Franklin County ... Fri Oliver Canterberry 2
News Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) Thu Reginald 46,816
Isis 8 miles from El Paso Texas according to media Apr 15 Scary 1
News Thousands brave cold to denounce Israeli offens... (Jan '09) Apr 15 tnx 11
More from around the web