'The War Is Not Over'

Full story: Los Angeles Times

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Comments (Page 13,631)

Showing posts 272,601 - 272,620 of276,185
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to be civil but not knowing EVERYTHING THAT MIGHT offend you or anyone else for that matter, I cannot make a promise...all I can tell you comrade is that I try...
Not talking slang...You constanlyt criticize jews, christians and hindus, to be fair if you were to criticize Islam and muslims, what would you say?
Criticizing Muslims and attacking the personal character of Prophet of Islam are two different things.

I also criticize Jews and Christians and Hindus, but not their prophets.

You have to learn a lot of manners. You have very little experience in these matters.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

OSP wrote:
MUQ, ABs is an atheist fascist. He of course has no cultural respect for other cultures, and for this reason you would be well-advised to avoid his efforts to antagonize you by his verbal abuse and attempts to demean the Prophet.

However, ABs is married (or was married) to a woman from a Third-World nation, and he seemed proud of this bit of "tolerance of diversity" on his part. I think she was a "mail-order bride" but I am not certain and I do not want to cast aspersions, as I am always happy to see even a fascist become more tolerant toward those who are diverse from him or her.

So the fact that ABs is (or was) married to a woman from a very different culture from his own (assuming ABs is native EuroAmerican) stands in contrast to his utter lack of respect for your Muslim religious heritage.

MUQ, I believe you are a Pakistani physician practicing in SA. I'd like to know your specialty. I want to point out to you that there are those of us, mostly liberals like me, who do respect other cultures and pride ourselves on conducting discussion and debate appropriately. Many of us do in fact know how to conduct a polite and civil discussion and debate. Be careful of painting with such a broad brush.

ABs is a fascist, which is an extreme social and economic conservative. Interestingly, strict adherents of Islam are often extremely socially conservative and economically conservative. So likely you and ABs actually share similar attitudes on many issues, both social and economic. It is therefore a shame that the two of you cannot find common ground to agree to disagree in an agreeable manner. Noxious insults are not, of course, conducive to good communicative practice.

MUQ, I know your efforts here on TWINO are intended to advance Islam, and I figure, perhaps incorrectly, that you are doing this to please Allah so that He will have mercy on your soul upon death. If you are a medical doctor, you are very familiar with death and perhaps fear it greatly. I would be interested to hear your personal perspective on human death and any potential afterlife.

I suppose that, according to Islam, if he does not change his ways, ABs is going to die and go to Hell, for eternity, a very, very long time.
Ans.

Thanks Pal for giving me all this "low down" on AB s.

I do not want to engage any one on this thread on "personal basis".

To me they are just names, I do not even know their sexes.

It is very rare when some personal details are used by me.

Thanks for the info, but I would not pry into his personal life.

It is God who will decide who goes to Hell and who goes to heavens. It is not for me to speak on His behalf.
Linktv org

West Sayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Obama Offers to Cut Social Security, Medicare and Popular Programs (Again)/ Move fulfills progressive predictions that deficit fear-mongering will pave the way for inevitable 'grand bargain'/ March 4, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/bsccyhm
According to new reports, President Obama is once again offering cuts to popular social programs such as Medicare and Social Security as a bargaining chip in the ongoing sequester debate.
Such a move by the president is one that many progressives foresaw and warned against, saying that deficit fear-mongering would only pave the way for an inevitable "grand bargain."
According to White House senior economic official Gene Sperling, Obama "reached out" to lawmakers from both parties on Saturday floating a proposition to cut spending in order to appease Republican demands and the 'deficit scolds' who claim, despite evidence to the contrary, that cutting such programs is somehow fiscally responsible.
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/03/...

=======

"Golden Age for Corporate Profits" As Workers Get Whacked
Naomi Klein: "For workers, the 'recovery' looks more like a stick-up."
http://tinyurl.com/ckz2ev6 / March 4, 2013
As across-the-board federal budget cuts go into effect and the "real pain" predicted by economists and policy experts begins to creep into the lives of everyday people—namely US workers—investors on Wall Street are saying: "bring it on."
Quoted in a New York Times article on Monday that describes the current economy as a "golden age for corporate profit," Savita Subramanian, who heads the equity and quantitative strategy for Bank of America Merrill Lynch, said that despite the terrible times for working people and warnings that nearly three-quarters of a million jobs could be lost this year in the US, "the market wants more austerity."
Reading the article prompted journalist and book author Naomi Klein to tweet:
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/03/...

==========

They're All Against Jobs
by Sen. Fritz Hollings / December 20, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/ydr27ze
Who is against jobs in the United States? The big banks, Wall Street, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Business Roundtable, the United States Chamber of Commerce, the National Retail Federation, Corporate America, the President of the United States, Congress of the United States. Everyone is crying for jobs, but no one seems to understand why there aren't any. And the reason for those opposing jobs is money.
Beginning in 1973, big banks made most of their profit outside of the United States. Industries off-shoring, investing, banks financing the investments, transfer fees, fees and interest on the loans made for bigger profits. Long since, the big banks under the leadership of David Rockefeller have led the way to off-shore and make a bigger profit. Goldman Sachs, AIG, Citicorp and Wall Street, conspiring for a bailout and now using it for bonuses, make more money from the off-shored operations.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/12/20-6
ABs

Social Circle, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Criticizing Muslims and attacking the personal character of Prophet of Islam are two different things.
I also criticize Jews and Christians and Hindus, but not their prophets.
You have to learn a lot of manners. You have very little experience in these matters.
Guilty as charged, very little experience, but I am making an effort to have manners up to the expectations of people I could give a ratz arssse aboooot...thanks for the reminder and reprimand of my manners and I will try to take it under advisement...

Okay, so don't criticize Islam's prophets...what is your criticism of muslims?
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Atlantic Monthly

"The Prison-lndustrial Complex," December 1998
k
California now has the biggest prison system in the Western industrialized world, a system 40 percent bigger than the Federal Bureau of Prisons. The state holds more inmates in its jails and prisons than do France, Great Britain, Germany, Japan, Singapore, and the Netherlands combined.
John_Schuylkill County_Pa

Frackville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Guilty as charged, very little experience, but I am making an effort to have manners up to the expectations of people I could give a ratz arssse aboooot...thanks for the reminder and reprimand of my manners and I will try to take it under advisement...
Okay, so don't criticize Islam's prophets...what is your criticism of muslims?
Good manners is showing up unannounced and blowing up innocents.

At least you are still alive, bad manners and all in the land of the Steelers and home of the Braves
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

The Pentagon budget: largest ever and growing
by Sara Flounders

The (US) military budget has grown so large that it now threatens to overwhelm and devour all social funding. Its sheer weight is squeezing out funding for every human need. U.S. cities are collapsing. The infrastructure of bridges, roads, dams, canals and tunnels is disintegrating. Twenty-five percent of U.S drinking water is considered “poor.” Unemployment is officially reaching 10 percent and in reality is double that. Black and Latino/a youth unemployment is more than 50 percent. Fourteen million children in the U.S. are living in households below the poverty level.
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

I had a good comment earlier but seems I wasted it again in some freaking thread...

Where no one really gives a shit...

It seems so it's in action more than to word so WAR is it in a real to be found or in a make believe?
what real in a real or a real in a none real?

I can't wait to see if and or when they have to purchase power from overseas God forbid such a thing should ever happen...

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Oh man Good manners should behave self...and know the cause if he'd ever even were to consider to blow up anything...

Democracy was on it's way out is what they said they went in for...

Well I think Bama needs more support is all

and
p.s.
I can't tell you this without a grrr really on the public site but my ass many times blows me away....

How does it do it you wipe and nothing just one more to be sure and then you feel stuck damm one more two wipes and oh then it feels nice and dry and clean...

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

John_Schuylkill County_Pa wrote:
<quoted text>Good manners is showing up unannounced and blowing up innocents.
At least you are still alive, bad manners and all in the land of the Steelers and home of the Braves
Wait the Braves maybe but the Steelers they are supposed to function under sportsmanship...

Unless they have a Braves the team...The Braves where are they playing out of?
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
GREAT NEWS, Francis...the state of South Carolina (along with several others in progress down here in God's country) is about to approve the Right to carry law...if you can legally obtain a handgun you can carry it in public without a carry permit...just wanted to thank you lefty leanie libtardian limpd*cks for your calls for bans...we could have never goth this passed without you...
So do you see the murder rate going UP or DOWN in states that invoke this new law?
sounds as if Hamas is about 5 years behind the rightwing in America, as equal rights are concerned.

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

What happened in here?
Linktv org

West Sayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Bush Had No Plan to Catch Bin Laden after 9/11
WASHINGTON, 29 Sep (IPS)- New evidence from former U.S. officials reveals that the George W. Bush administration failed to adopt any plan to block the retreat of Osama bin Laden and other al Qaeda leaders from Afghanistan to Pakistan in the first weeks after 9/11./ http://tinyurl.com/y8jwra9
That failure was directly related to the fact that top administration officials gave priority to planning for war with Iraq over military action against al Qaeda in Afghanistan.
As a result, the United States had far too few troops and strategic airlift capacity in the theatre to cover the large number of possible exit routes through the border area when bin Laden escaped in late 2001.
http://ipsnorthamerica.net/news.php...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Tinka wrote:
What happened in here?
Judging from your many of your post over the past hour I would say you dropped Acid.
Sunlightfoundati on com

West Sayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Two Saudis in human rights group get 10 years in prison / March 9, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/arebdws

(CNN)-- In a case that has captured international attention, two of Saudi Arabia's most prominent human rights activists were each sentenced on Saturday to at least 10 years in prison, Saudi activists report.

They had been found guilty earlier Saturday of providing inaccurate information to foreign media, founding and operating an unlicensed human rights organization, as well as other offenses.

Mohammed Al-Qahtani and Abdullah Al-Hamid, co-founders of the Saudi Civil and Political Rights Association, had been on trial since last year. The high-profile case has garnered widespread criticism from international rights groups that have said the charges against the men were politically motivated.

Saudi activists say kingdom trying to silence them

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/09/world/meast/sau...
ABs

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Obama Still President wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ, ABs is an atheist fascist. He of course has no cultural respect for other cultures, and for this reason you would be well-advised to avoid his efforts to antagonize you by his verbal abuse and attempts to demean the Prophet.
However, ABs is married (or was married) to a woman from a Third-World nation, and he seemed proud of this bit of "tolerance of diversity" on his part. I think she was a "mail-order bride" but I am not certain and I do not want to cast aspersions, as I am always happy to see even a fascist become more tolerant toward those who are diverse from him or her.
So the fact that ABs is (or was) married to a woman from a very different culture from his own (assuming ABs is native EuroAmerican) stands in contrast to his utter lack of respect for your Muslim religious heritage.
MUQ, I believe you are a Pakistani physician practicing in SA. I'd like to know your specialty. I want to point out to you that there are those of us, mostly liberals like me, who do respect other cultures and pride ourselves on conducting discussion and debate appropriately. Many of us do in fact know how to conduct a polite and civil discussion and debate. Be careful of painting with such a broad brush.
ABs is a fascist, which is an extreme social and economic conservative. Interestingly, strict adherents of Islam are often extremely socially conservative and economically conservative. So likely you and ABs actually share similar attitudes on many issues, both social and economic. It is therefore a shame that the two of you cannot find common ground to agree to disagree in an agreeable manner. Noxious insults are not, of course, conducive to good communicative practice.
MUQ, I know your efforts here on TWINO are intended to advance Islam, and I figure, perhaps incorrectly, that you are doing this to please Allah so that He will have mercy on your soul upon death. If you are a medical doctor, you are very familiar with death and perhaps fear it greatly. I would be interested to hear your personal perspective on human death and any potential afterlife.
I suppose that, according to Islam, if he does not change his ways, ABs is going to die and go to Hell, for eternity, a very, very long time.
OUCH, barkedale...that hurts...you know, you calling MUQ Pakistani again. Indians do not like to be called Pakistani and they look nothing alike so why do you keep implying that indian MUQ is pakistani? There you go again insulting my good friend and comrade MUQ. What is it with you always trying to imply that all brown skins look alike? What an insulting insensitive twit you can be at times, barkedale... Glad you have me figured out though although not sure what an athiest fascist would be...
I am curiuos though, barkester, how do you feel about Obumble the liberator having to be filibustered into not DRONING US citizens on U.S. soil...
ABs

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

rider wrote:
<quoted text> sounds as if Hamas is about 5 years behind the rightwing in America, as equal rights are concerned.
That puts them aboooot 10 years behind the current "I sure would like to be able to drone US citizens on US soil since I have already droned US citizens on foreign soil" adminstration, yes?
ABs

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

John_Schuylkill County_Pa wrote:
<quoted text>Good manners is showing up unannounced and blowing up innocents.
Good manners is NOT COMPLAINING that this suicide vest makes me look fat...land of the RAVENS and home of the braves...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 272,601 - 272,620 of276,185
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••