'The War Is Not Over'

Full story: Los Angeles Times

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.
Comments
272,561 - 272,580 of 276,395 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
ABs

Aiken, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you cannot keep the promise....then it is better we do not communicate with each other.
We criticise Christians and Jews all the time.
But find a single bit in our posts where we speak bad words about either Jesus, or Moses or any other Jewish prophets of God.
Saying that Jesus was "Not a son of God" is not to criticise him, but only an statement of fact.
In the same way cricizing Trinity is not criticizing Jesus.
Criticizing Zionism and Present day Jews is not criticising Jewish prophets.
You have to practice and learn how to use proper words for religious heads of religions you do not believe in.
I criticize Hinduism, but I leave all their religious personalities.
You people in the west, do not know how to conduct a polite and civil discussion and debate.
That is your problem and you should solve it.
If you want to learn, ask me one question at a time, every thing that troubles you about the life of our prophet.
Listen to what I write and take that as an answer and change your stance..... not that you again keep on repeating the same thing.
This is the proper way to do a discussion with people of other faith.
Not talking in slang language and not listening to what other is saying.
If you cannot do it in proper way, it is better we do not talk at all.
I try to be civil but not knowing EVERYTHING THAT MIGHT offend you or anyone else for that matter, I cannot make a promise...all I can tell you comrade is that I try...

Not talking slang...You constanlyt criticize jews, christians and hindus, to be fair if you were to criticize Islam and muslims, what would you say?
Democracynow org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Number one is respect for the proper authority.

Romans 13
Obey Those in Authority
13 All of you must be willing to obey completely those who rule over you. There are no authorities except the ones God has chosen. Those who now rule have been chosen by God. 2 So when you oppose the authorities, you are opposing those whom God has appointed. Those who do that will be judged.

--------

Number two is to preserve and promote the beauties of nature

Leviticus 25:1-7
New International Version (NIV)
The Sabbath Year
25 The Lord said to Moses at Mount Sinai, 2 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them:‘When you enter the land I am going to give you, the land itself must observe a sabbath to the Lord. 3 For six years sow your fields, and for six years prune your vineyards and gather their crops. 4 But in the seventh year the land is to have a year of sabbath rest, a sabbath to the Lord. Do not sow your fields or prune your vineyards. 5 Do not reap what grows of itself or harvest the grapes of your untended vines. The land is to have a year of rest. 6 Whatever the land yields during the sabbath year will be food for you—for yourself, your male and female servants, and the hired worker and temporary resident who live among you, 7 as well as for your livestock and the wild animals in your land. Whatever the land produces may be eaten.

---------

Number three is to judge with kindness and wisdom

Matthew 7:1 Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

--------

Number four is moderation in all things

Abs, The origin of the word Fanatics comes from Fan as in Baseball, Football, etc etc. LOL

Number five is to play fair in the game of life.

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

1 Corinthians 4:2
Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy.

Titus 1:7-9
For an overseer, as God's steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain, but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.

------

Number six is that a person's word of honor is sacred.

James 3:9-12

9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 11 Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12 My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

-------
Number seven is respect for difference, the basis of Indian teachings

Matthew 5:44
But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
Democracynow org

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
While I appreciate your commitment to the cause...I'll pass. After being an altar boy and going to catholic schools with religion and bible study daily growing up...I am good where I am at now...I'll leave the false prophets, imama, and saviours to you and MUQ to fight about...I'm good with Wakan Tanka amd the seven laws...although I struggle with number 7 on occassion...here you got- try it- you might like it instead of worshipping those muddle eastern appointed gods...
Number one is respect for the proper authority.
Number two is to preserve and promote the beauties of nature. I don't believe there is anything like this in the books of Christians, Buddhists, or Muslims, but there should be.
Number three is to judge with kindness and wisdom. Our law is to judge but with kindness and wisdom. Great Spirit gave us a brain to use to exercise good judgment, whether it's about a job or a relationship. We should use judgment in our daily lives so that we are not gullible or taken advantage of.
Number four is moderation in all things. We say that if it helps, it is good. We're not told don't do this or don't do that, but rather to exercise moderation, and that covers a lot. We don't want to be extremists, and this takes us out of the category of being fanatics.
Number five is to play fair in the game of life. It is not fair to take advantage of old people, women, or children, my chief BEEF with Islam...
Number six is that a person's word of honor is sacred.
Number seven is respect for difference, the basis of Indian teachings. Everything we do in our way of life has to be based on respect for other people and all living things. The Great Spirit made people of different colors like flowers. There are red flowers, white flowers, black flowers, and yellow flowers. These flowers all make us feel good when we look at them, and this is the way it is supposed to be when we walk among other people—we should walk with courtesy and respect, and never with aggression or lies because of their color or nationality. We should only think of beautiful things when we look at other people.
Like I said, I struggle with number 7, but hey, its a work in progress...
ABs, I agree with your seven laws and seem compatible with the Judea/Christian Bible.

I too am a work in progress and nobody is perfect. Except JESUS.

Sincerely your friend,

Sitting Bull
John_Schuylkill County_Pa

Frackville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Play Ball!

http://stg.do/ZRVc
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

US Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Money is no object, when you have a pal with a big checkbook like China.
It is not his money, it is the money of "poor" US taxpayers, whom they are burning.

And what the "poor" US people have to do is to "elect" another idiot after 4 years who stars a new and all past sins are forgotten.

This is Democracy in a nutshell for you. No accountability, no responsibility.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to be civil but not knowing EVERYTHING THAT MIGHT offend you or anyone else for that matter, I cannot make a promise...all I can tell you comrade is that I try...
Not talking slang...You constanlyt criticize jews, christians and hindus, to be fair if you were to criticize Islam and muslims, what would you say?
Criticizing Muslims and attacking the personal character of Prophet of Islam are two different things.

I also criticize Jews and Christians and Hindus, but not their prophets.

You have to learn a lot of manners. You have very little experience in these matters.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

OSP wrote:
MUQ, ABs is an atheist fascist. He of course has no cultural respect for other cultures, and for this reason you would be well-advised to avoid his efforts to antagonize you by his verbal abuse and attempts to demean the Prophet.

However, ABs is married (or was married) to a woman from a Third-World nation, and he seemed proud of this bit of "tolerance of diversity" on his part. I think she was a "mail-order bride" but I am not certain and I do not want to cast aspersions, as I am always happy to see even a fascist become more tolerant toward those who are diverse from him or her.

So the fact that ABs is (or was) married to a woman from a very different culture from his own (assuming ABs is native EuroAmerican) stands in contrast to his utter lack of respect for your Muslim religious heritage.

MUQ, I believe you are a Pakistani physician practicing in SA. I'd like to know your specialty. I want to point out to you that there are those of us, mostly liberals like me, who do respect other cultures and pride ourselves on conducting discussion and debate appropriately. Many of us do in fact know how to conduct a polite and civil discussion and debate. Be careful of painting with such a broad brush.

ABs is a fascist, which is an extreme social and economic conservative. Interestingly, strict adherents of Islam are often extremely socially conservative and economically conservative. So likely you and ABs actually share similar attitudes on many issues, both social and economic. It is therefore a shame that the two of you cannot find common ground to agree to disagree in an agreeable manner. Noxious insults are not, of course, conducive to good communicative practice.

MUQ, I know your efforts here on TWINO are intended to advance Islam, and I figure, perhaps incorrectly, that you are doing this to please Allah so that He will have mercy on your soul upon death. If you are a medical doctor, you are very familiar with death and perhaps fear it greatly. I would be interested to hear your personal perspective on human death and any potential afterlife.

I suppose that, according to Islam, if he does not change his ways, ABs is going to die and go to Hell, for eternity, a very, very long time.
Ans.

Thanks Pal for giving me all this "low down" on AB s.

I do not want to engage any one on this thread on "personal basis".

To me they are just names, I do not even know their sexes.

It is very rare when some personal details are used by me.

Thanks for the info, but I would not pry into his personal life.

It is God who will decide who goes to Hell and who goes to heavens. It is not for me to speak on His behalf.
Linktv org

West Sayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Obama Offers to Cut Social Security, Medicare and Popular Programs (Again)/ Move fulfills progressive predictions that deficit fear-mongering will pave the way for inevitable 'grand bargain'/ March 4, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/bsccyhm
According to new reports, President Obama is once again offering cuts to popular social programs such as Medicare and Social Security as a bargaining chip in the ongoing sequester debate.
Such a move by the president is one that many progressives foresaw and warned against, saying that deficit fear-mongering would only pave the way for an inevitable "grand bargain."
According to White House senior economic official Gene Sperling, Obama "reached out" to lawmakers from both parties on Saturday floating a proposition to cut spending in order to appease Republican demands and the 'deficit scolds' who claim, despite evidence to the contrary, that cutting such programs is somehow fiscally responsible.
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/03/...

=======

"Golden Age for Corporate Profits" As Workers Get Whacked
Naomi Klein: "For workers, the 'recovery' looks more like a stick-up."
http://tinyurl.com/ckz2ev6 / March 4, 2013
As across-the-board federal budget cuts go into effect and the "real pain" predicted by economists and policy experts begins to creep into the lives of everyday people—namely US workers—investors on Wall Street are saying: "bring it on."
Quoted in a New York Times article on Monday that describes the current economy as a "golden age for corporate profit," Savita Subramanian, who heads the equity and quantitative strategy for Bank of America Merrill Lynch, said that despite the terrible times for working people and warnings that nearly three-quarters of a million jobs could be lost this year in the US, "the market wants more austerity."
Reading the article prompted journalist and book author Naomi Klein to tweet:
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/03/...

==========

They're All Against Jobs
by Sen. Fritz Hollings / December 20, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/ydr27ze
Who is against jobs in the United States? The big banks, Wall Street, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Business Roundtable, the United States Chamber of Commerce, the National Retail Federation, Corporate America, the President of the United States, Congress of the United States. Everyone is crying for jobs, but no one seems to understand why there aren't any. And the reason for those opposing jobs is money.
Beginning in 1973, big banks made most of their profit outside of the United States. Industries off-shoring, investing, banks financing the investments, transfer fees, fees and interest on the loans made for bigger profits. Long since, the big banks under the leadership of David Rockefeller have led the way to off-shore and make a bigger profit. Goldman Sachs, AIG, Citicorp and Wall Street, conspiring for a bailout and now using it for bonuses, make more money from the off-shored operations.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/12/20-6
ABs

Social Circle, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Criticizing Muslims and attacking the personal character of Prophet of Islam are two different things.
I also criticize Jews and Christians and Hindus, but not their prophets.
You have to learn a lot of manners. You have very little experience in these matters.
Guilty as charged, very little experience, but I am making an effort to have manners up to the expectations of people I could give a ratz arssse aboooot...thanks for the reminder and reprimand of my manners and I will try to take it under advisement...

Okay, so don't criticize Islam's prophets...what is your criticism of muslims?
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Atlantic Monthly

"The Prison-lndustrial Complex," December 1998
k
California now has the biggest prison system in the Western industrialized world, a system 40 percent bigger than the Federal Bureau of Prisons. The state holds more inmates in its jails and prisons than do France, Great Britain, Germany, Japan, Singapore, and the Netherlands combined.
John_Schuylkill County_Pa

Frackville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Guilty as charged, very little experience, but I am making an effort to have manners up to the expectations of people I could give a ratz arssse aboooot...thanks for the reminder and reprimand of my manners and I will try to take it under advisement...
Okay, so don't criticize Islam's prophets...what is your criticism of muslims?
Good manners is showing up unannounced and blowing up innocents.

At least you are still alive, bad manners and all in the land of the Steelers and home of the Braves
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

The Pentagon budget: largest ever and growing
by Sara Flounders

The (US) military budget has grown so large that it now threatens to overwhelm and devour all social funding. Its sheer weight is squeezing out funding for every human need. U.S. cities are collapsing. The infrastructure of bridges, roads, dams, canals and tunnels is disintegrating. Twenty-five percent of U.S drinking water is considered “poor.” Unemployment is officially reaching 10 percent and in reality is double that. Black and Latino/a youth unemployment is more than 50 percent. Fourteen million children in the U.S. are living in households below the poverty level.
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

I had a good comment earlier but seems I wasted it again in some freaking thread...

Where no one really gives a shit...

It seems so it's in action more than to word so WAR is it in a real to be found or in a make believe?
what real in a real or a real in a none real?

I can't wait to see if and or when they have to purchase power from overseas God forbid such a thing should ever happen...

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Oh man Good manners should behave self...and know the cause if he'd ever even were to consider to blow up anything...

Democracy was on it's way out is what they said they went in for...

Well I think Bama needs more support is all

and
p.s.
I can't tell you this without a grrr really on the public site but my ass many times blows me away....

How does it do it you wipe and nothing just one more to be sure and then you feel stuck damm one more two wipes and oh then it feels nice and dry and clean...

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

John_Schuylkill County_Pa wrote:
<quoted text>Good manners is showing up unannounced and blowing up innocents.
At least you are still alive, bad manners and all in the land of the Steelers and home of the Braves
Wait the Braves maybe but the Steelers they are supposed to function under sportsmanship...

Unless they have a Braves the team...The Braves where are they playing out of?
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
GREAT NEWS, Francis...the state of South Carolina (along with several others in progress down here in God's country) is about to approve the Right to carry law...if you can legally obtain a handgun you can carry it in public without a carry permit...just wanted to thank you lefty leanie libtardian limpd*cks for your calls for bans...we could have never goth this passed without you...
So do you see the murder rate going UP or DOWN in states that invoke this new law?
sounds as if Hamas is about 5 years behind the rightwing in America, as equal rights are concerned.

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

What happened in here?
Linktv org

West Sayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Bush Had No Plan to Catch Bin Laden after 9/11
WASHINGTON, 29 Sep (IPS)- New evidence from former U.S. officials reveals that the George W. Bush administration failed to adopt any plan to block the retreat of Osama bin Laden and other al Qaeda leaders from Afghanistan to Pakistan in the first weeks after 9/11./ http://tinyurl.com/y8jwra9
That failure was directly related to the fact that top administration officials gave priority to planning for war with Iraq over military action against al Qaeda in Afghanistan.
As a result, the United States had far too few troops and strategic airlift capacity in the theatre to cover the large number of possible exit routes through the border area when bin Laden escaped in late 2001.
http://ipsnorthamerica.net/news.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••