'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276683 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

ABs

Aiken, SC

#286863 Mar 7, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
ABs, you are 100% correct about death and destruction with regard to organized religions throughout history.
All the WORDS of JESUS is opposite of that.
GOD hates the sin but loves the sinner.
What good are the words if the followers don't adhere?
ABs

Covington, GA

#286864 Mar 7, 2013
UBL's son in law captured...news at 11...

Meanwhile back at the ranch...as this latest bunch of clowns called an administation speak out one side of their mouth how they are on the global warming train, out the the other end comes this little tidbit...U.S. crude oil production exceeded an average 7 million barrels per day in November and December 2012, the highest volume since December 1992. The end-of-year data were reported on Feb. 27 in EIA's Petroleum Supply Monthly...

News like that certainly doesn't support the high gas prices endured by all at present time...wtf is it with this administration?
giffis

Pittsburgh, PA

#286865 Mar 7, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
North Korea Next then Iran then China/Russia
ABs

Covington, GA

#286867 Mar 7, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
ABs, you are 100% correct about death and destruction with regard to organized religions throughout history.
All the WORDS of JESUS is opposite of that.
GOD hates the sin but loves the sinner.
Tinyearl, I can appreciate and respect your position and the path that both you and my bff MUQ have chosen. If it works for you I couldn't be happier for you and I sincerely mean that. Heck man, my only son has chosen the WWJD route as well and I couldn't be prouder for the life he leads, commendable citizen and a compliment to a caring society...I fully support him. That being said, I have my personal demons to work out and until I can reason WHY it is that ALL the great prophets, saviours, mullahs, god's chosen leaders, imams, sectarian fanatics and the such come from the same region on the planet, a region that has been constanly mired in the turbulence of religious wars since the beginning of mankind...I can't ride in that submission boat anymore...there is an old saying, if you want to see crazy people visit an asylum...well if you want to find the next god wannabee...look to the muddle east...have a great day tiny..
ABs

Covington, GA

#286868 Mar 7, 2013
THANK GOD FOR THE RIGHT WINGNUTZ...Force our chimp in chief to give up the authority to order DRONE TRIKES ON AMERCIAN CITIZENS ON US SOIL...US SOIL???? SAY WHAT?

John Brennan has won Senate confirmation to head the CIA after a late struggle that had more to do with presidential power to order drone strikes than with the nominee's credentials to lead the spy agency. The vote this afternoon was 63-34. Brennan will replace Mike Morrell, the acting CIA director since November.

The vote came after the Obama administration bowed to demands from Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky and specified limits on the president's authority to order drone strikes against American citizens in the United States....YES...YOU READ THAT RIGHT - DRONE STRIKES ON AMERICANS IN THE US of A...now ain't that SPECIAL, franke...please give up your rights to guns NOW...

Paul Rand declared he was satisfied with the administration's statement—in the form of a short and sweet letter from Eric Holder—which said the president does not have the authority to use a drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil...NOT ENGAGED IN COMBAT??? But if an american is deemed to be a combatant, all bets are off. Obumble can scrample the drones...isn't that special...
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#286869 Mar 7, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
What did muhammid say to the jewish scribe that was scheduled for execution and pleading for his life? Never make a promise you cannot keep...
I cannot make this promise because I have no idea what you are going to take as foul and uncouth. It seams our criteria is very different in light of how restrictive your religion and country is on free speach. Unfortunately I say what I think and appreciate when others say what they think. No need to sugarcoat, it is what it is...Cannot deny inner feeling in spite of what mullahs wish of me...
BUT KNOW THIS, my comrade. It is not intended to be personal against your islam, I express my feeling against all organized and sheepled down religions as I like you and tinyearl were slaves to organized religion at one time in my life as well, until I saw the death and destruction these organized entities will go to against anyone who challenges their ways of thinking...so if you wish to corresponde I look forward to it. If not, it is what it is and I wish you well, got it comrade MUQ?
If you cannot keep the promise....then it is better we do not communicate with each other.

We criticise Christians and Jews all the time.

But find a single bit in our posts where we speak bad words about either Jesus, or Moses or any other Jewish prophets of God.

Saying that Jesus was "Not a son of God" is not to criticise him, but only an statement of fact.

In the same way cricizing Trinity is not criticizing Jesus.

Criticizing Zionism and Present day Jews is not criticising Jewish prophets.

You have to practice and learn how to use proper words for religious heads of religions you do not believe in.

I criticize Hinduism, but I leave all their religious personalities.

You people in the west, do not know how to conduct a polite and civil discussion and debate.

That is your problem and you should solve it.

If you want to learn, ask me one question at a time, every thing that troubles you about the life of our prophet.

Listen to what I write and take that as an answer and change your stance..... not that you again keep on repeating the same thing.

This is the proper way to do a discussion with people of other faith.

Not talking in slang language and not listening to what other is saying.

If you cannot do it in proper way, it is better we do not talk at all.
Obama Still President

London, UK

#286870 Mar 8, 2013
ABs wrote:
THANK GOD FOR THE RIGHT WINGNUTZ...Force our chimp in chief to give up the authority to order DRONE TRIKES ON AMERCIAN CITIZENS ON US SOIL...US SOIL???? SAY WHAT?
John Brennan has won Senate confirmation to head the CIA after a late struggle that had more to do with presidential power to order drone strikes than with the nominee's credentials to lead the spy agency. The vote this afternoon was 63-34. Brennan will replace Mike Morrell, the acting CIA director since November.
The vote came after the Obama administration bowed to demands from Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky and specified limits on the president's authority to order drone strikes against American citizens in the United States....YES...YOU READ THAT RIGHT - DRONE STRIKES ON AMERICANS IN THE US of A...now ain't that SPECIAL, franke...please give up your rights to guns NOW...
Paul Rand declared he was satisfied with the administration's statement—in the form of a short and sweet letter from Eric Holder—which said the president does not have the authority to use a drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil...NOT ENGAGED IN COMBAT??? But if an american is deemed to be a combatant, all bets are off. Obumble can scrample the drones...isn't that special...
ABs, I bet you are arguing America needs more guns to decrease gun violence.
ABs, all pumped up about that black president? Looks like he will be around a while. Upset that Bishop Romney will not be America's first "Holy Man" president?
ABs, being as you are in the Southeast US, are you all pumped up about Jeb Bush? Or are you a Rubio man?
Don't worry, conservatism is not dead, at least not in the South. Maybe the Republicans can get one of their own elected president, if they will lay off the women, blacks, Hispanics, gays, disabled, aged, mentally challenged, blind, young, foreign, etc., etc., ad nauseum.
Obama Still President

London, UK

#286871 Mar 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you cannot keep the promise....then it is better we do not communicate with each other.
But find a single bit in our posts where we speak bad words about either Jesus, or Moses or any other Jewish prophets of God.
Saying that Jesus was "Not a son of God" is not to criticise him, but only an statement of fact.
You have to practice and learn how to use proper words for religious heads of religions you do not believe in.
You people in the west, do not know how to conduct a polite and civil discussion and debate.
If you want to learn, ask me one question at a time, every thing that troubles you about the life of our prophet.
Listen to what I write and take that as an answer and change your stance..... not that you again keep on repeating the same thing.
MUQ, ABs is an atheist fascist. He of course has no cultural respect for other cultures, and for this reason you would be well-advised to avoid his efforts to antagonize you by his verbal abuse and attempts to demean the Prophet.

However, ABs is married (or was married) to a woman from a Third-World nation, and he seemed proud of this bit of "tolerance of diversity" on his part. I think she was a "mail-order bride" but I am not certain and I do not want to cast aspersions, as I am always happy to see even a fascist become more tolerant toward those who are diverse from him or her.

So the fact that ABs is (or was) married to a woman from a very different culture from his own (assuming ABs is native EuroAmerican) stands in contrast to his utter lack of respect for your Muslim religious heritage.

MUQ, I believe you are a Pakistani physician practicing in SA. I'd like to know your specialty. I want to point out to you that there are those of us, mostly liberals like me, who do respect other cultures and pride ourselves on conducting discussion and debate appropriately. Many of us do in fact know how to conduct a polite and civil discussion and debate. Be careful of painting with such a broad brush.

ABs is a fascist, which is an extreme social and economic conservative. Interestingly, strict adherents of Islam are often extremely socially conservative and economically conservative. So likely you and ABs actually share similar attitudes on many issues, both social and economic. It is therefore a shame that the two of you cannot find common ground to agree to disagree in an agreeable manner. Noxious insults are not, of course, conducive to good communicative practice.

MUQ, I know your efforts here on TWINO are intended to advance Islam, and I figure, perhaps incorrectly, that you are doing this to please Allah so that He will have mercy on your soul upon death. If you are a medical doctor, you are very familiar with death and perhaps fear it greatly. I would be interested to hear your personal perspective on human death and any potential afterlife.

I suppose that, according to Islam, if he does not change his ways, ABs is going to die and go to Hell, for eternity, a very, very long time.
US Huh

United States

#286872 Mar 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
I wish USA best in their mission to Syria....they have to do "something" after coming out of Afghanistan.
They Searched and killed OBL after a very intense search and seek operation involving 150,000 troops, tanks, planes, drones, missiles, satellites, informers, CIA, FBI, NSA....
Would be the "costliest" (and most in efficient) man hunt in the history. But they did it, congratulations>
Did they calculate how much it cost them?
Money is no object, when you have a pal with a big checkbook like China.
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#286873 Mar 8, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Tinyearl, I can appreciate and respect your position and the path that both you and my bff MUQ have chosen. If it works for you I couldn't be happier for you and I sincerely mean that. Heck man, my only son has chosen the WWJD route as well and I couldn't be prouder for the life he leads, commendable citizen and a compliment to a caring society...I fully support him. That being said, I have my personal demons to work out and until I can reason WHY it is that ALL the great prophets, saviours, mullahs, god's chosen leaders, imams, sectarian fanatics and the such come from the same region on the planet, a region that has been constanly mired in the turbulence of religious wars since the beginning of mankind...I can't ride in that submission boat anymore...there is an old saying, if you want to see crazy people visit an asylum...well if you want to find the next god wannabee...look to the muddle east...have a great day tiny..
ABs, I had the same doubts, fears, confusions, thoughts, pondering all the world religions.

My suggestion too you is pray and ask JESUS if HE is real and then read the Gospels.

Start with Saint John the fourth book.

Take your time and pray the scripture, pondering and interpreting the meanings.

All you have to do is knock and JESUS will open the door.

P.S. I think our old friend Barksdale is back.

Naturally, just speculation on my part.
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#286874 Mar 8, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
What good are the words if the followers don't adhere?
Romans 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 6:23
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#286875 Mar 8, 2013
A President Who’ll Cut Social Security – And Liberals Who Love Him Too Much

March 8, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/a647kow

The spectacle of a supposedly liberal President repeatedly and needlessly trying to cut Social Security is enough to bring a reasonable, economically literate person to the point of existential despair. To see leading liberal lights like Rachel Maddow and Ezra Klein chuckle indulgently at those foolish Republicans in Congress over the subject – Don’t they know he’s already giving them what they want?– is to risk plunging into the depths of that despair.

This week the President hosted a dinner for Republicans leaders where he worked to sell his budget proposal, including his harmful plan to cut benefits through the “chained CPI.” National Security was the main course and Social Security was the dessert. And guess who wasn’t coming to dinner: The elderly, the disabled, or any policy experts who understand the disastrous implications of the chained CPI.

http://blog.ourfuture.org/20130308/democrats-...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#286876 Mar 8, 2013
Obama Still President wrote:
<quoted text>
ABs, I bet you are arguing America needs more guns to decrease gun violence.
ABs, all pumped up about that black president? Looks like he will be around a while. Upset that Bishop Romney will not be America's first "Holy Man" president?
ABs, being as you are in the Southeast US, are you all pumped up about Jeb Bush? Or are you a Rubio man?
Don't worry, conservatism is not dead, at least not in the South. Maybe the Republicans can get one of their own elected president, if they will lay off the women, blacks, Hispanics, gays, disabled, aged, mentally challenged, blind, young, foreign, etc., etc., ad nauseum.
Well hello Barkedale...so good to see you alive...and hope you are doing well. Never was a Romney fan...Ron Paul/Stephen Colbert...don't you remember? Even you have to admit it would be a momentus classic libtardian slapdown if US votes in another Bushbot though, eh? Personnaly I see Rand Paul as our next chimp in chief...

Great things happening in Korea don't you think barkedale? This has the potential to bet real good.Who knows, with a little LUCK we may get to see the use of nuclear bombs utilized by ANOTHER democratic party president. I mean, how cool would the Obumble-Truman democratic legacy be to read about in future history books...don't ph*ck with democrats or they will nuke your ar*e...I wonder if Truman would have been as efficient and precise with DRONES as Obumble has been? It is shame Rand Paul won't let Obuble freely exercise his right as chimp in chief to utilize drones on homegrown citizens just yet, but hey, give the kenyan time...lol
ABs

Aiken, SC

#286877 Mar 8, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
ABs, I had the same doubts, fears, confusions, thoughts, pondering all the world religions.
My suggestion too you is pray and ask JESUS if HE is real and then read the Gospels.
Start with Saint John the fourth book.
Take your time and pray the scripture, pondering and interpreting the meanings.
All you have to do is knock and JESUS will open the door.
P.S. I think our old friend Barksdale is back.
Naturally, just speculation on my part.
While I appreciate your commitment to the cause...I'll pass. After being an altar boy and going to catholic schools with religion and bible study daily growing up...I am good where I am at now...I'll leave the false prophets, imama, and saviours to you and MUQ to fight about...I'm good with Wakan Tanka amd the seven laws...although I struggle with number 7 on occassion...here you got- try it- you might like it instead of worshipping those muddle eastern appointed gods...
Number one is respect for the proper authority.

Number two is to preserve and promote the beauties of nature. I don't believe there is anything like this in the books of Christians, Buddhists, or Muslims, but there should be.

Number three is to judge with kindness and wisdom. Our law is to judge but with kindness and wisdom. Great Spirit gave us a brain to use to exercise good judgment, whether it's about a job or a relationship. We should use judgment in our daily lives so that we are not gullible or taken advantage of.

Number four is moderation in all things. We say that if it helps, it is good. We're not told don't do this or don't do that, but rather to exercise moderation, and that covers a lot. We don't want to be extremists, and this takes us out of the category of being fanatics.

Number five is to play fair in the game of life. It is not fair to take advantage of old people, women, or children, my chief BEEF with Islam...

Number six is that a person's word of honor is sacred.

Number seven is respect for difference, the basis of Indian teachings. Everything we do in our way of life has to be based on respect for other people and all living things. The Great Spirit made people of different colors like flowers. There are red flowers, white flowers, black flowers, and yellow flowers. These flowers all make us feel good when we look at them, and this is the way it is supposed to be when we walk among other people—we should walk with courtesy and respect, and never with aggression or lies because of their color or nationality. We should only think of beautiful things when we look at other people.

Like I said, I struggle with number 7, but hey, its a work in progress...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#286878 Mar 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to be civil but not knowing EVERYTHING THAT MIGHT offend you or anyone else for that matter, I cannot make a promise...all I can tell you comrade is that I try...

Not talking slang...You constanlyt criticize jews, christians and hindus, to be fair if you were to criticize Islam and muslims, what would you say?
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#286879 Mar 8, 2013

Romans 13
Obey Those in Authority
13 All of you must be willing to obey completely those who rule over you. There are no authorities except the ones God has chosen. Those who now rule have been chosen by God. 2 So when you oppose the authorities, you are opposing those whom God has appointed. Those who do that will be judged.

--------

Number two is to preserve and promote the beauties of nature

Leviticus 25:1-7
New International Version (NIV)
The Sabbath Year
25 The Lord said to Moses at Mount Sinai, 2 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them:‘When you enter the land I am going to give you, the land itself must observe a sabbath to the Lord. 3 For six years sow your fields, and for six years prune your vineyards and gather their crops. 4 But in the seventh year the land is to have a year of sabbath rest, a sabbath to the Lord. Do not sow your fields or prune your vineyards. 5 Do not reap what grows of itself or harvest the grapes of your untended vines. The land is to have a year of rest. 6 Whatever the land yields during the sabbath year will be food for you—for yourself, your male and female servants, and the hired worker and temporary resident who live among you, 7 as well as for your livestock and the wild animals in your land. Whatever the land produces may be eaten.

---------

Number three is to judge with kindness and wisdom

Matthew 7:1 Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

--------

Number four is moderation in all things

Abs, The origin of the word Fanatics comes from Fan as in Baseball, Football, etc etc. LOL

Number five is to play fair in the game of life.

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

1 Corinthians 4:2
Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy.

Titus 1:7-9
For an overseer, as God's steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain, but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.

------

James 3:9-12

9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 11 Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12 My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

-------
Number seven is respect for difference, the basis of Indian teachings

Matthew 5:44
But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#286881 Mar 8, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
While I appreciate your commitment to the cause...I'll pass. After being an altar boy and going to catholic schools with religion and bible study daily growing up...I am good where I am at now...I'll leave the false prophets, imama, and saviours to you and MUQ to fight about...I'm good with Wakan Tanka amd the seven laws...although I struggle with number 7 on occassion...here you got- try it- you might like it instead of worshipping those muddle eastern appointed gods...
Number two is to preserve and promote the beauties of nature. I don't believe there is anything like this in the books of Christians, Buddhists, or Muslims, but there should be.
Number three is to judge with kindness and wisdom. Our law is to judge but with kindness and wisdom. Great Spirit gave us a brain to use to exercise good judgment, whether it's about a job or a relationship. We should use judgment in our daily lives so that we are not gullible or taken advantage of.
Number four is moderation in all things. We say that if it helps, it is good. We're not told don't do this or don't do that, but rather to exercise moderation, and that covers a lot. We don't want to be extremists, and this takes us out of the category of being fanatics.
Number five is to play fair in the game of life. It is not fair to take advantage of old people, women, or children, my chief BEEF with Islam...
Number seven is respect for difference, the basis of Indian teachings. Everything we do in our way of life has to be based on respect for other people and all living things. The Great Spirit made people of different colors like flowers. There are red flowers, white flowers, black flowers, and yellow flowers. These flowers all make us feel good when we look at them, and this is the way it is supposed to be when we walk among other people—we should walk with courtesy and respect, and never with aggression or lies because of their color or nationality. We should only think of beautiful things when we look at other people.
Like I said, I struggle with number 7, but hey, its a work in progress...
ABs, I agree with your seven laws and seem compatible with the Judea/Christian Bible.

I too am a work in progress and nobody is perfect. Except JESUS.

Sincerely your friend,

Sitting Bull
John_Schuylkill County_Pa

Frackville, PA

#286882 Mar 8, 2013
Play Ball!

http://stg.do/ZRVc
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#286886 Mar 8, 2013
US Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Money is no object, when you have a pal with a big checkbook like China.
It is not his money, it is the money of "poor" US taxpayers, whom they are burning.

And what the "poor" US people have to do is to "elect" another idiot after 4 years who stars a new and all past sins are forgotten.

This is Democracy in a nutshell for you. No accountability, no responsibility.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#286887 Mar 8, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to be civil but not knowing EVERYTHING THAT MIGHT offend you or anyone else for that matter, I cannot make a promise...all I can tell you comrade is that I try...
Not talking slang...You constanlyt criticize jews, christians and hindus, to be fair if you were to criticize Islam and muslims, what would you say?
Criticizing Muslims and attacking the personal character of Prophet of Islam are two different things.

I also criticize Jews and Christians and Hindus, but not their prophets.

You have to learn a lot of manners. You have very little experience in these matters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama expands ISIL fight into Syria; Canada won... (Sep '14) 3 hr La Femme Accident 15
News Mohammed cartoon contest: Hundreds expected out... 7 hr Donny Brook 1
News US sees need to build bridges with Russia - Lavrov 10 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Disturbance on Ireland-Bound Flight (Mar '08) 19 hr doodley 21
News How Obama Is Vindicating Bush (Jan '09) May 27 Boring 398
News George Galloway: leaked papers reveal Canada's ... (Apr '10) May 25 George vs USA Senate 5
News Fight for ISIS, lose your citizenship, says Aus... May 24 Grassclipper 4
More from around the web