'The War Is Not Over'

Full story: Los Angeles Times

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.
Comments
272,401 - 272,420 of 276,422 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
ABs

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Spocko wrote:
GOP'ers... just how f-ing stupid do they think we are??
Why thank you francis, I thought you would NEVER ask (or axe if you prefer)...how effing stupid...hmmmm, well ol boy, let me put it this way...well, besides that opinion = fact that you are the only one I know that was ever fired from a cushy 6 figure gig as chief inspector at the M & M factory for throwing away all the W's, and the opinion = fact that you are the only person I know who was kicked out of the IRA for burning your lips on the exhaust pipe trying to blow up a bus...but to be straight with you, honestly, I think = fact that if you scored one more IQ point you would equal the intelligence of a pot plant...
HEY...speaking of stupid,,,did you hear about the car bombs in Demascus that murdered 50 muslim women and children today? I don't know about you...but I truly believe that if we can get Obumble and the Dems to ban car bombs in Demascus and force anyone owning a car bomb to register it each year...we could avoid such tragedies in the future...
ABs

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Spocko wrote:
...Has the NRA created a monster that we can’t slay?

...As a nation, we regulate fire exits, but not 100-round magazines.
Answer...yes, to big to slay so shut up, load the banana clips and lock and load, baybee...

And with the thousands of fire regulations in place fire departments still responded to 384,000 home fires in the United States, which claimed the lives of 2,640 people (not including firefighters) and injured another 13,350, not including firefighters...perhaps a ban on fires that hurt people should be the solution, yes?
ABs

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Spocko wrote:
..it’s a no-brainer!
As a nation, we regulate fire exits, but not 100-round magazines...
Gee Francis...speaking of effing stupid...something tells me these puppies couldn' find the fire exits...regulations really are the effective tool...

Downer of the day: A fire last night at a strip mall in Miami killed 30 puppies, reports the Miami Herald. The pups died of smoke inhalation—all were French and English bulldogs, breeds known for having respiratory trouble. Firefighters were able to rescue a handful, but the owner of Beverly Hills Puppies says most of those in the store died, reports WSVN-TV. The bulldogs sell for $2,000 apiece. No word yet on what caused the fire.

Ban fire exit regulations that are not pet friendly now! And BAN fires at malls with pet stores...
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
One simple question...WHY do I need to be careful what I say about your self professed prophets? Are you careful what you say when speaking of matters that may be sensitive to me? If I don't like your hatred writing of jews and Israelites do I have the right to WARN YOU? Of course NOT...If I don't like what you have to say about Hindus does that give me right over you to make you quit saying how you truly feel? ABsolutely not...Besides, what has Muhammid done to earn the right not to be talked? He was illiterate, he forced a nine year old into marraige, he led a life of killing and forced submissions...yet because you have been brainwashed into accepting without question his merits of prophetism...that means that I cannot talk about him? There is an old saying in Tinyearls part of the country...it goes something like this.....FFFUUUUUHHHHHGggetta Boudit! Should I translate this for you my dear esteemed Comrade MUQ?
There is only "one sentence in your entire post"...which is worth answering.

Where is your "evidence" that our prophet "forced Lady Aiyesha to marry him".... do not present your assumptions.

Where is your proof? Just think you are standing in a court of law and you lay this charge on our prophet.

Answer it, Comrade AB.

In reality you are no Comrade. All your pretensions are only skin deep.

Let us hear your "proofs" that prophet "forced" lady Aiyesha to marry her.
ABs

Aiken, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your "evidence" that our prophet "forced Lady Aiyesha to marry him".... do not present your assumptions.
Where is your proof? Just think you are standing in a court of law and you lay this charge on our prophet.
Answer it, Comrade AB.
My proof is in the same document that indisputibly proves the moon physically split in half...you have seen that document haven't you?

And of course I am your comrade...comrade MUQ! Of this there is no doubt. Cannot have yin without yang...cannot have night without daylight...cannot have...well you get the point, GOT IT COMRADE MUQ?
Foxy is Foxy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

i see they are gone now, ghosts of topix, they are. The crusty remains of those missed soon to turn to dust for dust thou art even if it is cyberdust..

Please, put out the light, James.

RIP the war.

Foxy is Foxy.
ABs

Aiken, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer it, Comrade AB.
Aisha was the daughter of Muhammad's close friend Abu Bakr, was she not? She was betrothed with ABsolutely no say in the matter to Jubayr ibn Mut'im,was she not? When Khawlah bint Hakim suggested that Muhammad marry Aisha after the death of Muhammad's first wife Khadija, the previous agreement regarding marriage of Aisha with ibn Mut'im was put aside by common consent...Would you care to guess what say Jubayr had in this "common consent" agreement, COMRADE MUQ? I am sure it probably went something like this...

Muhammad: I want your promised bride for my self pleasures...

Jubayr: ABsolutely not...she has been promised to me!...

Muhammad: I KILL YOU! And then your father and then your mother...

Jubayr: So what time should I deliver her to you?

Comrade MUQ, it is a given that Aisha was five or six years old when betrothed to Muhammad and that she stayed in her parents' home until the age of nine when the marriage was consummated with Muhammad, then 53, in Medina.
What about this stroy is false so far, my esteemed comrade?

After the "consummation" of NINE YEAR OLD Aisha to 53 YEAR OLD Muhammad...she and Sawda, were given apartments adjoined to the Al-Masjid al-Nabawi mosque...TRUE OR FALSE Comrade MUQ?

I am sure that in your world it is not considered "FORCE" to make your sister marry who ever your father decides she should be married to..but over here in God's country we believe that both male and female should have the same choices...got it COMRADE MUQ?

So when are we going to discuss the Ayatollah Khomeini?
ABs

Aiken, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

...no more treating women like dogs...

Once again, rape and murder has India outraged—this time the killing of three young sisters, aged 7, 9, and 11, reports the Guardian (the AP corrects the age of the youngest girl). The three girls, who lived in a remote central India village in Maharashtra province, went missing on Feb. 14 on their way home from school. Police found the girls' bodies in an old well two days later and called their deaths "accidental." Only after angry villagers blocked a national highway on Wednesday did state officials take notice.

The head of the local police station has been suspended and district police have taken over the investigation, putting 30 officers on the case. "We've got some strong, solid indications and we're working very hard," says the female superintendent. The government offered 1 million rupees ($18,500) in compensation to the girls' mother, a widow and laborer, but it only angered her. "No amount of money is going to bring my girls back," she says. "I appeal to the government to catch the culprits early and hang them."

Times....they are a'changing in your former nation, eh Comrade MUQ
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Who Lost the World?

The Curious Case of How Libya Became an Election Issue

By Ira Chernus

October 30, 2012 "Information Clearing House" - Who lost Libya? Indeed, who lost the entire Middle East? Those are the questions lurking behind the endless stream of headlines about “Benghazi-gate.” Here’s the question we should really ask, though: How did a tragic but isolated incident at a U.S. consulate, in a place few Americans had ever heard of, get blown up into a pivotal issue in a too-close-to-call presidential contest?

My short answer: the enduring power of a foreign policy myth that will not die, the decades-old idea that America has an inalienable right to “own” the world and control every place in it. I mean, you can’t lose what you never had.

This campaign season teaches us how little has changed since the early Cold War days when Republican stalwarts screamed,“Who lost China?” More than six decades later, it’s still surprisingly easy to fill the political air with anxiety by charging that we’ve “lost” a country or, worse yet, a whole region that we were somehow supposed to “have.”

The “Who lost...?” formula is something like a magic trick. There’s no way to grasp how it works until you take your eyes away from those who are shouting alarms and look at what’s going on behind the scenes.
Who’s in Charge Here?

The curious case of the incident in Benghazi was full of surprises from the beginning. It was the rare pundit who didn’t assure us that voters wouldn’t care a whit about foreign affairs this year. It was all going to be “the economy, stupid,” 24/7. And if foreign issues did create a brief stir, surely the questions would be about Afghanistan, Pakistan, or China.

Yet for weeks, the deaths of the U.S. Ambassador to Libya, J. Christopher Stevens, and three other Americans became the rallying cry of the campaign to unseat Barack Obama. What made this even more surprising: when news of the tragedy first broke, it appeared to be stillborn as a political issue.

The day after the attack on the consulate, as the news about the killings was just coming out, Mitt Romney rushed to blast his opponent:“American leadership is necessary to ensure that events in the region don’t spin out of control.” A president must show “resolve in our might” and a readiness to use “overwhelming force.” Barack Obama had failed on all these counts, Romney charged, and the deaths in Benghazi proved it.

The Republican presidential candidate was duly blasted in return for “politicizing” the incident. It seemed like almost everyone chimed in critically. Even longtime Republican stalwart Ed Rogers wrote that “Romney stumbled,” while “the president said the right things and had the right tone.”

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Romney never retracted anything he said on that first day -- and somehow the same words, once scorned as unfitting and “unpresidential,” were mysteriously transformed into powerful arguments against reelecting the incumbent. A month later, a new story dominated the headlines: Romney’s criticisms on Libya were now said to be hitting the target, changing the dynamic, playing a major role in his campaign’s resurgence.

This change of tune surely reflected in part the media’s primal need for a close presidential contest to keep the public’s interest. At the time of the Libyan incident it was generally agreed that Obama was beginning to pull ahead in the race, potentially decisively, and anything that might boost Romney’s chance was undoubtedly welcome on an editor’s desk.

No matter how hard editors try, though, some stories just don’t stick. But the Libya story stuck. It struck a chord somewhere in the hearts and minds of a lot of Americans. You have to wonder why.

A big part of the answer lies in the power of the key words in Romney’s first statement:“might” and “control.” His strategists grasped a fundamental truth of American politics: The public has an endless appetite for gripping stories about challenges to America’s global might and its right to control the world. So they doubled down and sent their man out to tell the story again.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

ABs wrote:
...no more treating women like dogs...
Once again, rape and murder has India outraged—this time the killing of three young sisters, aged 7, 9, and 11, reports the Guardian (the AP corrects the age of the youngest girl). The three girls, who lived in a remote central India village in Maharashtra province, went missing on Feb. 14 on their way home from school. Police found the girls' bodies in an old well two days later and called their deaths "accidental." Only after angry villagers blocked a national highway on Wednesday did state officials take notice.
The head of the local police station has been suspended and district police have taken over the investigation, putting 30 officers on the case. "We've got some strong, solid indications and we're working very hard," says the female superintendent. The government offered 1 million rupees ($18,500) in compensation to the girls' mother, a widow and laborer, but it only angered her. "No amount of money is going to bring my girls back," she says. "I appeal to the government to catch the culprits early and hang them."
Times....they are a'changing in your former nation, eh Comrade MUQ
And you have "glossed over" the hundreds of rape and murders that take place in India "regularly" (and mostly committed by Hindus and Sikhs and People of other clan)....and "stuck" on this case because the Criminal's name was Muslim?

Is that your idea of impartiality?

I am coming to think that you are a totally worthless person and your civility is only skin deep.

The same goes for your scholarship.

I think I have to terminate our correspondences, I did not expect that you are so biased.
Carl

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

It just amazes me how the climate of global terrorism has evolved in the past 2 decades - As well as how we perceive it...Used to be sly Europeans in finely tailored suits we were on the lookout for; reminds me of my own personal close call with terrorism.

In the late 80's I worked for Nagasaki Corp. in LA...When one Christmas eve our building was overrun by Euro-Terrorists during our holiday party - Led by a creep by the name of Hans Grueber...If it weren't for an out-of-place NYC cop I might not be here today. I shouldn't name names, so I will just say thank you J.M. Yippee-Kiyea.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Papas got a brand new bag wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Web,I trust that everything is well.
http://dawn.com/2013/02/21/nasa-mars-rover-re...
Everything is fine... other than getting used to the time change.

Thank you for posting the article and also the link to the website. Fascinating...I thought Nasa was non existent but it seems they are still going strong.

It is amazing scientists can find out so much history by examining rock dust.The dust in the picture looked blue but the article said the picture was simulated or something?

Maybe someday scientists can piece it all together and paint a picture of Mars 4 billion years ago for all to see.
Though for now I will be content to watch the clouds.

Berndnaut Smilde's art!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-...
qaxyax

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

youtube.com/watch...
War of the Drone next
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have "glossed over" the hundreds of rape and murders that take place in India "regularly" (and mostly committed by Hindus and Sikhs and People of other clan)....and "stuck" on this case because the Criminal's name was Muslim?
I am coming to think that you are a totally worthless person and your civility is only skin deep.
I think I have to terminate our correspondences, I did not expect that you are so biased.
MUQ my friend,

Jesus taught to forgive and love your enemies.

==========

John 1:1-2

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3

=========

Matthew 16:13-20

Peter Declares That Jesus Is the Messiah

13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples,“Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14 They replied,“Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15 “But what about you?” he asked.“Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered,“You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied,“Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[a] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[b] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[c] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[d] loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.
ABs

Conyers, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why comrade MUQ...I am shockingly shocked that you would become so defensive...especially in light of the FACT that nothing in my India rape article I shared with you inferred MUSLIM...or Jewish...or Hindu...or christian...or any other religion in any way. Please read my post again. How dare you attack me so verociously...what in my article statede MUSLIM? You apologize right now young man for showing your ignorance and bias or kindly point out in my India rape article where I implied muslim...for contrary to what you have been brainwashed to believe, everything in this world isn't about islam and muslims...GOT IT Comrade MUQ?

But if we were talking about muslims and islam, did you see where those 4 evil christians willbe put to death in Libya for their HORRIFIC CRIMES of passing out christianity literature! Shame on them! Car bomb or vest suicide is okay and condoned, non-islamic literature...off with their evil heads!
ABs

Conyers, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Times they are a changin' in the KSA, Comrade MUQ...your opinion of these changes, my dear comrade?

Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah on Tuesday swore in the country's first female members of the Shura Council, an appointed body that advises on new laws, in a move that has riled conservative clerics in the Islamic monarchy.

Abdullah, who has not been seen on television since shortly after a back operation in November, was shown on state media sitting in a palace chamber to give a short speech as he swore in the new council members.

King Abdullah is seen as having pushed to cautiously advance the role of women in Saudi society.

The health of the king, who turns 90 this year, is closely watched in the world's top oil exporter because he has the final say on policy.

Major speeches in recent months have been made on Abdullah's behalf by his heir, Crown Prince Salman. State media have also listed Salman as chairing the weekly cabinet sessions in place of the king.

"Your place in the Shura Council is not as those who have been honored, but as those who have been charged with a duty, as you represent part of society," he said, addressing the new women members.

One fifth of the new Shura Council are women. The decision to appoint women to the body, which functions in place of an elected parliament, was announced in 2011 but their names were only made public last month.

The Shura Council is remodeling parts of its chamber to ensure strict gender segregation between members.

Saudi Arabia's government is entirely appointed by the king, who is also prime minister. The country's only elections are for half the seats on municipal councils that have few powers.

Women will also have the right to vote and stand for office in the next municipal ballot, Abdullah said in 2011.

The decision to appoint women to the Shura Council prompted a protest by dozens of conservative clerics outside the royal court in January.
ABs

Conyers, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

News you will NOT see or hear on IRNA or KSA Times...
Arabs in love with anarchy
Op-ed: Egyptians failed to understand that Tahrir Square protests are not real democracy

This isn’t the first time the Arab world falls in love with the negative images it invents. This was also the case in the 1990s and in the 2000s, when the Arab world fell in love with the martyr phenomenon. Poets wrote songs of praise for the suicide bombers who blew up in Israel and media outlets spoke of them enthusiastically. However, the martyrs then started to explode in the streets of the Arab world as well.

The same happened when the Egyptians fell in love with the destructive military revolution they experienced in 1952, and this is happening now too: They have fallen in love with anarchy.

The “million-man” rally at Cairo’s Tahrir Square has turned into a sanctified term for them, a value instead of a means, an admirable historical symbol, without realizing that there isn’t much that ties this rally to real democracy. This is in fact an aggressive, belligerent and destructive move for their society.

Indeed, Egypt is home to 87 million citizens, and a million babies were already born since Hosni Mubarak was toppled. After all, there is no problem in getting hundreds of thousands and even millions of people out to the streets. Yet the Egyptians failed to realize that they are sanctifying an aggressive and even violent move, which from now on shall threaten any kind of regime that emerges there.

Moreover, it will now be difficult to fight against such sanctified phenomena, especially as Egyptians sanctified them themselves.

After all, there will always be frustrated and disappointed people out there. The huge expectations of what they refer to as the “January 25th Revolution” gave rise to huge disappointment and despair. In fact, not much has changed. More accurately: It changed for the worse. All national parameters declined: The economy, personal safety, and Egypt’s global stature.

From a stable, powerful state, Egypt is turning into a country that is perceived as unsafe, overcome by despair, and dangerous. This is anarchy. When anarchy is being worshipped, it becomes the real ruler.

Democracy a delicate resource

Should there be no forgeries in the parliamentary elections, radical Islam is expected to make great inroads next week, and possibly even take over the country’s political system. We are not only referring to the Muslim Brotherhood, but also to more radical forces, including the Salafists – the most radical element – which are running in the elections as a party as well.

And so, Egypt will become home to three power centers that are hostile to each other: The military and defense establishment, which will have trouble accepting the loss of power and already wish to set up a supreme defense council based on the Turkish model that would counter the parliament and government; the religious establishment, which amazingly enough shall turn into the country’s strongest civilian force, something that appeared illogical only a year ago; and the third factor, the street and the violence; or in other words, the anarchy.

The Muslim Brotherhood learned that it can utilize the street against the military regime, yet it also realized that the street can work against the movement as well. At the end of the day, anarchy would rule there too – the dissatisfied, violent masses shall hit the streets against anyone who takes power...

Suc is life in the muddle east...eh Comrade MUQ?
ABs

Conyers, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

And the Obumble world hegemony and war machine administration expands...in the meantime people like francis thinks it is a GREAT idea to concede more rights to the guvmint of the peoples...wall street peoples that is...
President Obama told Congress today that he has sent troops to Ni ger to support France's mission against militants in neighboring Mali, Reuters reports. But the deployment of about 100 military personnel will only set up a base for unarmed aircraft to conduct surveillance, he wrote in a letter. He didn't explicitly reference drones, but NBC News—which numbers the first wave of personnel at 250 to 300—reports that two surveillance drones will initially be stationed there.
The move marks the beginning of another far-flung military mission for the US and a deeper commitment to battling terror in north Africa, the New York Times reports. Until this week, America's only permanent base in Africa was in Djibouti, some 3,000 miles from Mali
ABs

Conyers, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ my friend,
Jesus taught to forgive and love your enemies.
The jewish slave scribes of muhammad didn't put that lesson into the great book of islam, silly rabbit...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••