'The War Is Not Over'

Full story: Los Angeles Times

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.
Comments
271,981 - 272,000 of 276,430 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Therealnews com

Bay Shore, NY

#286160 Jan 5, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Switzerland’s oldest private bank, Wegelin & Co., has pleaded guilty to helping wealthy United States taxpayers dodge taxes through offshore accounts. The bank was indicted last February on charges of conspiracy and fraud
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/business/Wegelin_...
Thanks for some good news.
Therealnews com

Bay Shore, NY

#286161 Jan 5, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I don`t blame the devil and I don`t blame god, since both never existed!
I admire your consistency.

I hope someday you will change your mind.
Therealnews com

Bay Shore, NY

#286162 Jan 5, 2013
John_Pa wrote:
<quoted text>get your name in the paper yet? LOL
I never planed for it.
Henry

Germany

#286164 Jan 5, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
I admire your consistency.
I hope someday you will change your mind.
For hell why should I check the reality for any fancy phantasm?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#286166 Jan 6, 2013
What else they will think next?- MUQ

A platinum solution to U.S. fiscal woes:$1 trillion coin

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/

WASHINGTON: If you had to flip a coin over whether Congress will raise the debt ceiling, here's the ultimate one - a freshly minted trillion-dollar platinum coin.

A formal petition has been started asking the White House to create such a coin in order to avoid another high-stakes fiscal battle to raise the debt ceiling.

The Treasury secretary has the authority to mint platinum coins in the denomination of his choosing, but likely would run into stiff opposition from lawmakers who have been trying to reduce the budget deficits.

Creating the cash would also completely override the independence of monetary policy, something the Obama administration has been very careful not to do in the past.

The coin petition is one of many wacky requests to alight on the White House's website. People have petitioned the President to nationalize the Twinkie industry, deport British CNN talk show host Piers Morgan for gun control comments he made on air, and give Vice President Joe Biden his own TV show.

About 4,000 signatures have been collected for the coin petition, which was created two days after lawmakers passed a bill to avert austerity measures of higher taxes and spending cuts.

Shown are the petitioner's first name, first initial of surname, and in most cases, the city. In order to get a formal response from the White House, 25,000 signatures must be collected by early February.

"While this may seem like an unnecessarily extreme measure, it is no more absurd than playing political football with the US -- and global -- economy at stake," the petition said.

The U.S. Treasury began shuffling funds in order to pay government bills after the country hit the $16.4 trillion legal limit on its debt Dec. 31.

However, the Treasury's accounting maneuvers will last only until around the end of February, giving Congress two months to raise the debt limit before the U.S. defaults on its debt.

Last week's deal forced Republicans to forgo their anti-tax pledges and give in to Democratic demands to raise taxes on the wealthiest.

Now Republicans want to use the debt limit increase to win spending cuts from Democrats as well as major changes to Social Security retirement and Medicare health care programs.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#286167 Jan 6, 2013
News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

An American Legacy: Her Deadly Warriors-in-Chief

By Gary Brumback (contd.)
Need more be said? In the corporate world males sit atop the glass ceiling. Atop the political world is always a male warrior-in-chief. Wars throughout history have been started and fought by males with very few exceptions (Cleopatra and Margaret Thatcher, for example). America has always been a male dominated and aggressive society. While testosterone may play a tiny role in a president’s aggression, it is to other personal characteristics and their circumstances we must look for primary explanations.

Character flaws

Several character flaws predispose leaders to abuse their power in harmful ways whenever they are in tempting or pressuring circumstances of their own or others’ making. Four flaws in particular would seem to apply perfectly to our presidential warriors; greed/ambition, moral frailty, narcissism, and close-mindedness.

1. Greed/Ambition. Greed is when enough is never enough, wanting more becomes a craving, getting more later isn’t soon enough, and thus motivates the abuse of power. In the corner offices of the corporate sphere, the profit motive and greed go hand in hand. In the political sphere greed becomes excessive ambition and in the Oval Office motivates an imperialistic drive. It has been a hallmark of all U.S. presidents.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#286168 Jan 6, 2013

2. Moral frailty. This characteristic is the sine qua non of people for whom the ends justify the means. The late psychologist Lawrence Kolhberg’s theory about levels of moral development and how by adulthood the person’s moral development would come to rest at one or the other of the levels is instructive here.3 I’ve condensed his six levels into three; unconditional (“wrongdoing is wrong”), conditional (“it depends”), and unprincipled (“do whatever is necessary”) morality. People at these last two levels always rationalize their bad actions as good ones. Most of our presidents rested at the third level. Historian John Dower refers to them as “moral imbeciles’ for “grossly misunderstanding or simply ignoring their enemies, their own impulses, and history itself.”4

3. Narcissism. One of the abnormal profiles recognized by the American Psychiatric Association is the “narcissistic personality disorder,” which exhibits such characteristics as “a grandiose sense of self-importance, is interpersonally exploitative and lacks empathy.” I think the hubris that pushes decisions to use military force is a corollary of narcissism. The “poster child” of hubris ought to be President Bush in his military attire standing on the aircraft carrier proclaiming “mission accomplished.” When narcissism goes over the edge it becomes sociopathic, which exhibits such characteristics as “disregard of social norms, deceitfulness, and lack of remorse.” Historian William Manson, author of The Psychodynamics of Culture, claims that President Clinton exemplifies narcissism and that President Bush has sociopathic tendencies (Bush allegedly firecracker bombed frogs as a youngster. 5 Presidents Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon ought to be case studies of this character flaw in its entirety.

4. Close-mindedness. One of the so-called “big five” personality traits is that of “openness.” It’s the least well understood of the five, but it seems to reflect a person’s mental ability for comprehensive and objective thinking and a keenness for a variety of experiences. Close-mindedness, narrow-mindedness, and myopia would seem to reflect the opposites. Consider President Lyndon Johnson, for instance. I think he was either an ignoramus about – or downplayed – the past history of Vietnam and didn’t have the vaguest idea of how long the war against that country would last or what its consequences would be. And then there are the more recent presidents with their myopia over the long-term consequences of their military aggressions in the Greater Middle East.
INDEED

Elkins, WV

#286169 Jan 6, 2013
DONE OVER
Therealnews com

Bay Shore, NY

#286170 Jan 6, 2013
Iraq, 1917
http://tinyurl.com/raud8

They came as liberators but were met by fierce resistance outside Baghdad. Humiliating treatment of prisoners and heavy-handed action in Najaf and Fallujah further alienated the local population. A planned handover of power proved unworkable. Britain's 1917 occupation of Iraq holds uncanny parallels with today - and if we want to know what will happen there next, we need only turn to our history books...
UdiotRaceMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#286171 Jan 6, 2013
Egyptian Human Rights Activist Saad Eddin Ibrahim Defies Threats, Arrests to Challenge U.S.-Backed Mubarak Government
www.democracynow.com . October 10, 2007
keyword(s)
Egypt
foreign policy
quotation
I have been critical of President Mubarak and his regime, and it was a peaceful criticism, presenting a different point of view on public policy and on some of his actions to install his -- or to groom his son to succeed him after twenty-six years of being a ruler of Egypt, the third-longest ruler in our history, in 6,000-year history. And yet, he wants to groom his son to succeed him. And I blew the whistle simply on that.

I have been critical of President Mubarak and his regime, and it was a peaceful criticism, presenting a different point of view on public policy and on some of his actions to install his -- or to groom his son to succeed him after twenty-six years of being a ruler of Egypt, the third-longest ruler in our history, in 6,000-year history. And yet, he wants to groom his son to succeed him. And I blew the whistle simply on that.

I also blew the whistle on his attempt to eliminate any potential contenders or competitors with his son, including, you know, some journalists who are disappeared, including the nephews of the late President Anwar al-Sadat, who are about the same age as his son and who also are politically active, and they are potential contenders. And he stripped them of their parliamentary immunity. They were members of Parliament, elected for the second time. So he is trying to eliminate everybody. And in the process, he tried to eliminate me, as well. And we have heard rumors, rampant rumors in the country, that there is a death squad attached to the presidency.
UdiotRaceMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#286172 Jan 6, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
So then are you good with the way things are currently playing out in Syria?
our US not gonna do anything for syrians people, all our US war/oil profiteers want is blody oil. Our us already in war debt is over trillion US dollar/year and every year our us spend on illicit wars overseascan be put to rebuilt our DeprePIT US infrastruture, and put to Job development and education, Medicare, Social security increases... this bankrupting US financially and morally as nations and these illicit incite and increase rollback of enemies who wants us American out of their countries , our US is waging to many wars worldwide.
Republican Mafia

France

#286173 Jan 6, 2013
"Nice country you got there ..." drawls Mitch McConnell, ranking Republican in the US Senate. "Shame if anything were to happen to it."

Sounds like a Mafiosi engaging in a protection racket. Apparently, that is exactly what the American Republican Party has in mind for Americans. The Republicans are threatening to "burn down the country" by failing to raise the debt limit if their demands are not met.

I always thought Republicans hated America. Their heroes, like Mitt Romney, put all of their money overseas in offshore investments in the Cayman Islands or Switzerland. Big Republican-led corporations move their headquarters overseas, to avoid US taxes and regulations, and they move production overseas to avoid paying fair wages to American workers. So it is natural that Republicans are willing to destroy America in their effort to achieve their narrow agenda.

The really great thing, if there is a great thing, about reneging on the US debt obligations by refusing to raise the debt limit is that it will really hurt the rich. Their investments will plummet in value. Sure, everyone will lose, but billionaires have a lot more to lose than perhaps a homeless veteran living under a bridge in Cincinnati.

Obama has said he is not bargaining on this one. We all know Republicans love money more than anything else. So Obama has made the decision to let them tear down their own playhouse.

The Republicans destroyed the value of US real estate in 2007. The Republicans destroyed the value of equities in 2007, ruining many 401K plans. It only makes sense that the Republicans will continue their "scorched earth" policies by further destroying investment and property values, while at the same time increasing the interest rates as a result of a default on the US-backed securities.
uIDIOTraceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#286174 Jan 6, 2013
Republican Mafia wrote:
"Nice country you got there ..." drawls Mitch McConnell, ranking Republican in the US Senate. "Shame if anything were to happen to it."
Sounds like a Mafiosi engaging in a protection racket. Apparently, that is exactly what the American Republican Party has in mind for Americans. The Republicans are threatening to "burn down the country" by failing to raise the debt limit if their demands are not met.
I always thought Republicans hated America. Their heroes, like Mitt Romney, put all of their money overseas in offshore investments in the Cayman Islands or Switzerland. Big Republican-led corporations move their headquarters overseas, to avoid US taxes and regulations, and they move production overseas to avoid paying fair wages to American workers. So it is natural that Republicans are willing to destroy America in their effort to achieve their narrow agenda.
The really great thing, if there is a great thing, about reneging on the US debt obligations by refusing to raise the debt limit is that it will really hurt the rich. Their investments will plummet in value. Sure, everyone will lose, but billionaires have a lot more to lose than perhaps a homeless veteran living under a bridge in Cincinnati.
Obama has said he is not bargaining on this one. We all know Republicans love money more than anything else. So Obama has made the decision to let them tear down their own playhouse.
The Republicans destroyed the value of US real estate in 2007. The Republicans destroyed the value of equities in 2007, ruining many 401K plans. It only makes sense that the Republicans will continue their "scorched earth" policies by further destroying investment and property values, while at the same time increasing the interest rates as a result of a default on the US-backed securities.
Both party is really corrupted beyond repair sold to US corporatist.
Funding
Obama = Goldman sach...
Romney = Goldman Sach

what does taht tell you?
rider

Marquette, MI

#286175 Jan 7, 2013
ABs

Aiken, SC

#286176 Jan 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
News you will not see on IRNA or Al Jazeera...be careful what you say about the emir...
A Kuwaiti man will spend the next two years of his life in prison over a tweet, as the Gulf nation continues its crackdown on dissent in social media. The man, who has 5,700 Twitter followers, received a 2-year sentence for a tweet deemed to have "stabbed the rights and powers" of the country's ruler, Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Saba, Reuters reports. Small-scale demonstrations on local issues are tolerated in Kuwait, but the country has so far avoided Arab-Spring style mass unrest.

MUQ, why you people so sensitive about words over there? And when will spring arise in that repressive Kuwaiti society? Why emir treated like muhammid? Cannot say anything or draw a cartoon of him without someone getting upset and off with their head...you people need to lighten up...1400 plus years of war and killing is enough don't you think?
ABs

Aiken, SC

#286177 Jan 7, 2013
UdiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>our US not gonna do anything for syrians people, all our US war/oil profiteers want is blody oil. Our us already in war debt is over trillion US dollar/year and every year our us spend on illicit wars overseascan be put to rebuilt our DeprePIT US infrastruture, and put to Job development and education, Medicare, Social security increases... this bankrupting US financially and morally as nations and these illicit incite and increase rollback of enemies who wants us American out of their countries , our US is waging to many wars worldwide.
I agree that Obumble is waging to many wars, however how long do we sit idly by and watch the genocide continue while NO MUSLIM nations are willing to step up and do something about the slaughter in Syria? Perhaps MUQ knows if you do not...
rider

Marquette, MI

#286178 Jan 7, 2013
The Act merged the Department of War and the Department of the Navy into the National Military Establishment, headed by the Secretary of Defense. It was also responsible for the creation of a Department of the Air Force which made the Army Air Forces into its own service. Initially, each of the three service secretaries maintained quasi-cabinet status, but the act was amended on August 10, 1949, to assure their subordination to the Secretary of Defense. At the same time, the NME was renamed as the Department of Defense. The purpose was to unify the Army, Navy, and what was soon to become the Air Force into a federated structure.[2]

Aside from the military reorganization, the act established the National Security Council, a central place of coordination for national security policy in the executive branch, and the Central Intelligence Agency, the U.S.'s first peacetime intelligence agency. The function of the council was to advise the president on domestic, foreign, and military policies so that they may cooperate more tightly and efficiently. Departments in the government were encouraged to voice their opinions to the council in order to make a more sound decision.[2]

The Joint Chiefs of Staff was officially established under Title II, Section 211 of the original National Security Act of 1947 before Sections 209–214 of Title II were repealed by the law enacting Title 10[3] and Title 32,[4] United States Code (Act of August 10, 1956, 70A Stat. 676) to replace them.

The act and its changes, along with the Truman Doctrine and the Marshall Plan, were major components of the Truman administration's Cold War strategy.
ABs

Aiken, SC

#286179 Jan 7, 2013
rider wrote:
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com /911-decade/
Still throwing out those toddies with no chasers??? Sorry, not drinking...chaser please Lane...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#286180 Jan 7, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
For hell why should I check the reality for any fancy phantasm?
So that you and I can play golf together in the kingdom of eternity...I hear the weather is perfect everyday...
rider

Marquette, MI

#286181 Jan 7, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Albright Blasts Bush Mideast Response, Cites Ir... (Jul '06) 2 hr Swedenforever 45
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 2 hr Wozza 44,335
Netanyahu says Israel will respond forcefully e... 3 hr danetoo 163
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Uk... 16 hr Ibnallaah 1,076
Locals get angry with pro-Russia separatists 16 hr Lukashenko is Dr ... 632
Expert Views: Is Islamic State a flash in the pan? Thu Jedi Daal 1
Mosque lawsuit's cost to county to rise: Expens... (Feb '14) Thu 1LuckyDad 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Terrorism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••