'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276670 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Henry

Frankenberg, Germany

#286031 Dec 31, 2012
Angels Flight wrote:
Peace be with you.
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/300962/pe...
People pray for world peace across churches in Valley
We prayed for world peace and especially for the peace in Kashmir. We wish peace to every brother and sister. God loves everyone and that love is shown by humans too by celebrating together, greeting each other and giving gifts. We should learn to forgive people,”
As long as there is capitalism in the world we don`t have to pray for peace, we will always have wars!
Henry

Frankenberg, Germany

#286032 Dec 31, 2012
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. those extreme capitolistic countries of the muddle east are a prime example...
But hank, if you have no use for any of the ten commandments why should you care that there is war and death in the world?
The ten commandments did not have any effects for peace. Socialism and later comunism would bring of course peace!
Henry

Frankenberg, Germany

#286033 Dec 31, 2012
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and No.
Capitalism is noble as long as it is honorable and fair.
Bill Clinton and the Republicans terminated Glass/Steagall which gave Wall Street a license to steal.
Crony Capitalism is the problem along with no fair/free markets, corporate welfare, tax loopholes that benefit the wealthy, government subsidies, extremely bloated waste and fraud at the Pentagon, tax havens, outsourcing, etc. et cetera.
Some of our worst presidents were Nixon to Obama and all in between.
=========
There Is No Santa Claus and Bill Clinton Was Not an Economic Savior
December 26, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/cgvjsg9
The truth is often painful but nonetheless it is important that we live in the real world. Just as little kids have to come to grips with the fact that there is no Santa Claus, it is necessary for millions of liberals, including many who think of themselves as highly knowledgeable about economic matters, to realize that President Clinton's policies sent the economy seriously off course. In Washington it is common to tout the budget surpluses of the Clinton years as some momentous achievement, as though the point of economic policy is to run budget surpluses. Of course the point of economic policy is to produce an economy that improves the lives of the people in a sustainable way. Clinton badly flunked this test.
The Clinton economy was driven by a stock bubble. This is not a debatable point. The ratio of market-wide stock prices to corporate earnings was well over 30 to 1 at the peak of the bubble in 2000. This is more than twice the historic average.
This run-up in stock prices drove the economy in two ways. First, since any good huckster could make millions selling shares in dot.whatever, we had many hucksters starting nutball businesses that never had a prayer of making a profit. This is not much of a long-run economic strategy, but in the short-term it led to an increase in investment.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/12/26-0...
Capitalism and war are twins in the end!
Henry

Frankenberg, Germany

#286034 Dec 31, 2012
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. those extreme capitolistic countries of the muddle east are a prime example...
But hank, if you have no use for any of the ten commandments why should you care that there is war and death in the world?
I am for the defeat of the capitalist system. This would take off the reason for war in a socialist world and for the extinction of exploitation by exploiters!
Henry

Frankenberg, Germany

#286035 Dec 31, 2012
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your opinion there was no evil in the world before the advent of capitalism?
Nazi germany...capitalistic system? The iron curtain? Muslim hoardes?
Class fights started with the begin of exploited classes! The defeat of capitalism on a worldwide scale may finish war as whole!
Henry

Frankenberg, Germany

#286036 Dec 31, 2012
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
So in non-capitalistic countries there are no criminals Hank?
The capitalist countries infect the whole world with crimes!
Henry

Frankenberg, Germany

#286037 Dec 31, 2012
Angels Flight wrote:
Peace be with you.
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/300962/pe...
People pray for world peace across churches in Valley
We prayed for world peace and especially for the peace in Kashmir. We wish peace to every brother and sister. God loves everyone and that love is shown by humans too by celebrating together, greeting each other and giving gifts. We should learn to forgive people,”
Unfortunately there is no god never been!
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#286039 Dec 31, 2012
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Lost me with that skew job ol boy...
The murder figures are astounding; the Brits show around 550 murders per year...what has that to do with aggravated assault in their stats you provided? Don't know about you, but to me a country the size of New York with 550 murders a year and no right for citizens to own guns is nothing short of astonishing, especially in light of the opinion = fact that people don't kill people, guns do...
For a rich, developed country, the U.S. gun-related homicide rate is very, very high. The United States has by far the highest per capita rate of all developed countries. The U.S. gun murder rate is about 20 times the average for all other countries. That means that Americans are 20 times as likely to be killed by a gun than someone from another developed country.

In the US – there were an estimated 13,756 murders in 2009, a rate of about 5.0 per 100,000. Of these 9,203 were carried out with a firearm.

In the UK – there were an estimated 550 murders in 2011-12, a rate of about 1.4 per 100,000. Of these 39 were carried out with a firearm.
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#286043 Jan 1, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are right, then no harm no foul.
If I am right, then you are in Big Trouble.
I am deadly sure I will never be in trouble! OK?
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#286044 Jan 1, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and No.
Capitalism is noble as long as it is honorable and fair.
Bill Clinton and the Republicans terminated Glass/Steagall which gave Wall Street a license to steal.
Crony Capitalism is the problem along with no fair/free markets, corporate welfare, tax loopholes that benefit the wealthy, government subsidies, extremely bloated waste and fraud at the Pentagon, tax havens, outsourcing, etc. et cetera.
Some of our worst presidents were Nixon to Obama and all in between.
=========
There Is No Santa Claus and Bill Clinton Was Not an Economic Savior
December 26, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/cgvjsg9
The truth is often painful but nonetheless it is important that we live in the real world. Just as little kids have to come to grips with the fact that there is no Santa Claus, it is necessary for millions of liberals, including many who think of themselves as highly knowledgeable about economic matters, to realize that President Clinton's policies sent the economy seriously off course. In Washington it is common to tout the budget surpluses of the Clinton years as some momentous achievement, as though the point of economic policy is to run budget surpluses. Of course the point of economic policy is to produce an economy that improves the lives of the people in a sustainable way. Clinton badly flunked this test.
The Clinton economy was driven by a stock bubble. This is not a debatable point. The ratio of market-wide stock prices to corporate earnings was well over 30 to 1 at the peak of the bubble in 2000. This is more than twice the historic average.
This run-up in stock prices drove the economy in two ways. First, since any good huckster could make millions selling shares in dot.whatever, we had many hucksters starting nutball businesses that never had a prayer of making a profit. This is not much of a long-run economic strategy, but in the short-term it led to an increase in investment.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/12/26-0...
Super profit? War is the most profitable business in capitalism! Of course for the winner in the short run!
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#286045 Jan 1, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and No.
Capitalism is noble as long as it is honorable and fair.
Bill Clinton and the Republicans terminated Glass/Steagall which gave Wall Street a license to steal.
Crony Capitalism is the problem along with no fair/free markets, corporate welfare, tax loopholes that benefit the wealthy, government subsidies, extremely bloated waste and fraud at the Pentagon, tax havens, outsourcing, etc. et cetera.
Some of our worst presidents were Nixon to Obama and all in between.
=========
There Is No Santa Claus and Bill Clinton Was Not an Economic Savior
December 26, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/cgvjsg9
The truth is often painful but nonetheless it is important that we live in the real world. Just as little kids have to come to grips with the fact that there is no Santa Claus, it is necessary for millions of liberals, including many who think of themselves as highly knowledgeable about economic matters, to realize that President Clinton's policies sent the economy seriously off course. In Washington it is common to tout the budget surpluses of the Clinton years as some momentous achievement, as though the point of economic policy is to run budget surpluses. Of course the point of economic policy is to produce an economy that improves the lives of the people in a sustainable way. Clinton badly flunked this test.
The Clinton economy was driven by a stock bubble. This is not a debatable point. The ratio of market-wide stock prices to corporate earnings was well over 30 to 1 at the peak of the bubble in 2000. This is more than twice the historic average.
This run-up in stock prices drove the economy in two ways. First, since any good huckster could make millions selling shares in dot.whatever, we had many hucksters starting nutball businesses that never had a prayer of making a profit. This is not much of a long-run economic strategy, but in the short-term it led to an increase in investment.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/12/26-0...
Capitalism in the end is phantasm even the end of humanity at all!
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldPeace

United States

#286046 Jan 1, 2013
"American policymakers, setting themselves up as guardians of the world system, are more inclined than ever to simply disregard international laws and conventions if they get in the way of unrivaled military supremacy. Every instance of U.S. armed intervention ... represents a flagrant violation of regional treaties and laws, not to mention the UN Charter itself, which explicitly prohibits military attacks against sovereign nations - for example, Grenada, Nicaragua, Haiti, Panama, Serbia, Iraq.... In any event, the U.S. has consistently shown its contempt for international bodies, agreements, and procedures that might conflict with its hegemonic aspirations."
Carl Boggs
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#286047 Jan 1, 2013
Tinka wrote:
Some believe we will have a great Flood so we need some Marines for sure in case of really strange Aliens the Luftwaffe...
What we really need: the pass of capitalism and the begin of socialism and finally comunism! So we can fight great floods by sure! Natural calamities can be defeated by these societies!
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldPeace

United States

#286048 Jan 1, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
You are soo right!
Happy New year all!
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#286049 Jan 1, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text> God very much exists in people'a heads!
God is just a phantasm!
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldPeace

United States

#286050 Jan 1, 2013
http://warcrimestimes.org/ ^
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT COMPLAINT FILED AGAINST BUSH, CHENEY, RUMSFELD, TENET, RICE AND GONZALES; INTERNATIONAL ARREST WARRANTS REQUESTED In order to demonstrate your support for this Complaint you can contact the I.C.C. Prosecutor by letter, fax, or email as indicated below. Champaign, U.S.A./The Hague, Netherlands (19 Jan 2010).-- Professor Francis A. Boyle of the University of Illinois College of Law in Champaign, U.S.A. has filed a Complaint with the Prosecutor for the International Criminal Court (I.C.C.) in The Hague against U.S. citizens George W. Bush, Richard Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, George Tenet, Condoleezza Rice, and Alberto Gonzales...
Henry

Crimmitschau, Germany

#286051 Jan 1, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus rose from the dead and is alive.
Jesus always was and always will be.
The Bible pulsates with Life and is Not a dead Book.
=======
1 John 2:22
Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Moses of Israel won and Pharaoh of Egypt lost.
David of Israel won and Goliath of Philistines lost.
I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
We don`t have find out, since there is and never was the daintest idea of any god at all!
Big Toe

Oconto Falls, WI

#286052 Jan 1, 2013
Just became aware that Topix is censoring out political posts that they are not in agreement with! I was very surprised! So goes Topix's crediblity.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#286054 Jan 1, 2013
John_Schuylkill County_Pa wrote:
<quoted text>How dare you blame Cheney.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WxLw3YC5MTUXX
Oh no, but Brutus was an honorable man (Sheakespear´s Ceasar)!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#286055 Jan 1, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your opinion there was no evil in the world before the advent of capitalism?
Nazi germany...capitalistic system? The iron curtain? Muslim hoardes?
Classes started with fights. First the slave societies in different corners of the world, then feudalism, finally Capitalism. Now we are on the transfer to socialism or perhaps to the end of humanity in the nuclear age. Nature can do without humans!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 2 hr Ms DP 2,930
News Irish president warns of extremism Mon James 1
News US authorities allege Oregon imam assisted radi... Jul 23 goonsquad 13
News Ukraine film director goes on trial in Russia Jul 22 George 26
News Top 10 signs America has been hijacked by liber... Jul 19 bile child 2
News Tennessee Shooter Was 'Upset' by Gaza War, Frie... Jul 18 Zeppelin 1
News The Postman knocks twice: Stop rewarding Hamas Jul 17 USA Today 1
More from around the web