'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276629 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Henry

Heilbad Heiligenstadt, Germany

#285790 Dec 13, 2012
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't do it henry, at least the ten commandments part, don't you think that is a model way to lead your life?
In a capitalist society impossible!
Henry

#285791 Dec 13, 2012
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
If you and Iron Maiden repents and asks for forgiveness Jesus will accept you in heaven
Sorry, no heaven existing!
Henry

#285792 Dec 13, 2012
John_Schuylkill County_Pa wrote:
<quoted text>The Spirit carries on
Sorry, no "spirit" in the least existing!
Henry

#285793 Dec 13, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And there never was a great great grandfather of you, never ever?
And no Columbus existed ever, never?
And there was no Alaxendar the Great, never ever?
And there was No Isaac Newton, never ever?
I never said this!
Pdamerica org

Garden City, NY

#285794 Dec 13, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said this!
You never implied it but MUQ points out correctly how silly your argument is.

So you think Abraham and Moses never existed?
ABs

United States

#285795 Dec 13, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
These are "gives and takes" of democracy.
They are new to this trade and they will need more time to learn.
While you people are "professional" you go outside and "bang" other countries when you are in foul mood.
We are just novices, we have to learn much from the "professionals".
I am confused, comrade muq. You muslim hoardes have been around for what...1300 years or so and us what, a couple of hundred? And you are the novices learning from us professionals? I don't pretend to be the brightest lightbulb in the lamp but this should be a clue for you and yours, muqster...your way ain't working...
ABs

United States

#285796 Dec 13, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Harry Trumans play with atom bombs in Japanese cities 1945? "Atom Harry"?
Sure wish he would have had the ballz to use a few more...how many lives would have been saved in the long run? Bet we wouldn't be worried wasting time waiting for the young north korean dictator to launch his shiney new missile about now...eh?
ABs

United States

#285797 Dec 13, 2012
arbitrageur wrote:
<quoted text>
Mais non. On extended vacation somewhere in the Caribbean.
Trying to find some good Cuban cigars.
Disconnected from the Matrix for awhile.
No phones, or internet. It's hard for her, too.
Life without electronics can be a great thing at times,hope you are having a grand time, stay safe
ABs

United States

#285798 Dec 13, 2012
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
If you and Iron Maiden repents and asks for forgiveness Jesus will accept you in heaven.
Do you only see Christians making it to heaven?
ABs

United States

#285799 Dec 13, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The ten commandments have nothing to do with my life at all.
So then, you are all for doing adultery, stealing and killing? Surely there are some good ideas within some of those ten commandments aren't there hank?
ABs

United States

#285800 Dec 13, 2012
John_Schuylkill County_Pa wrote:
<quoted text>It's better to lose now and not in the playoffs
Sure hope you are right, ol' boy...the falcants laid a stinky egg last week...as did everyone in the ravens nevermore conference...
ABs

United States

#285801 Dec 13, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ten Commandments appear hastily written and totally improvised, as if by someone under pressure of time. The first three, for example, are merely "the raspy, throat clearings of an admittedly touchy and self-conscious dictator", while most of the others are now redundant with new understanding and man-made, more morally acceptable laws. Since the original tablets have long since disappeared, is it not fitting to write a new set of laws, more thoroughly thought through? Perhaps and including the forbidding of infanticide, child abuse, rape and genocide, while omitting the laws of "worship none but me" and "don't take my name in vain", which seem to serve no purpose in the development of morality what-so-ever.
Perhaps one fitting of the force fed luv and hug a gay generation, thou shalt not covet your neighbor's wife or her 18 year old son...that should serve to develop morality, yes?
ABs

United States

#285802 Dec 13, 2012
Just hours ago North Korea successfully tested what many consider to be intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) technology, underscoring the failure of two decades of U.S. policy. How Washington expected to halt Pyongyang’s missile development program without taking serious steps to do so remains a mystery. While ineffective policies date back to the previous Bush and Clinton administrations, the current administration bears its fair share of the blame.

President Obama made a serious error when he failed to order that the rocket launched in April be shot down — if not destroyed on the launch pad, admittedly a highly provocative act. Had he done so, he would have deprived the North Koreans of the lessons it learned from that missile’s failure and we might not be where we are today. In fact, had the president established a new precedent — the United States simply does not allow North Korea to conduct unfettered missile tests — he might have quickly made such tests a thing of the past.

But for whatever reason, when Pyongyang launched its rocket in April, the president chose to stick to an old playbook full of defensive formations that has never given North Korea pause. The State Department unwittingly admitted last week that the old approach — stern warnings before a launch, stepped up sanctions after — has all but failed. As spokesman Mark Toner explained at last Wednesday’s press briefing,“there’s always ways to toughen enforcement of sanctions. They can always be tweaked or modified so that there’s better enforcement of existing sanctions.”

In other words, existing sanctions are porous and have failed to stop North Korea from developing its missile technology........

Sure hope Obumble follows his predecessor's lead in dealing with Iran, oh yes, that's right, he is! Certainly re-assuring isn't it?...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#285804 Dec 13, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said this!
When you deny that our prophet did exists, then all these things are "implied" from that stand you take.

NOTHING in the history and past events can be "Actually proven"!! Believe me!!

Muslims have used the "strictest criterion" that can be used to authenticate any past scripture known to humanity, both in past and present!!
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#285805 Dec 14, 2012
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
You never implied it but MUQ points out correctly how silly your argument is.
So you think Abraham and Moses never existed?
Abraham and Moses are long ago dead!No god ever existed!
Henry

Bad Tennstedt, Germany

#285806 Dec 14, 2012
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure wish he would have had the ballz to use a few more...how many lives would have been saved in the long run? Bet we wouldn't be worried wasting time waiting for the young north korean dictator to launch his shiney new missile about now...eh?
How about Israels atombombs?
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#285807 Dec 14, 2012
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
That is lunatic talk and in a scientific society! This may end our human society!
In the garden of eden there happen nothing: Fairy tales often happen!
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#285808 Dec 14, 2012
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you only see Christians making it to heaven?
Very sorry, but there never was a heaven at all!
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#285809 Dec 14, 2012
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, you are all for doing adultery, stealing and killing? Surely there are some good ideas within some of those ten commandments aren't there hank?
Sorry I am an atheist and Christian religion has nothing to do with my life! But I remember terrible crimes in the name of Christianity in the last 2000 years!
Henry

Wildenfels, Germany

#285810 Dec 14, 2012
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>]
The crimes of Christianity are tremendous!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama thanking Navy SEALs who raided bin Laden (May '11) Apr 25 Aurora Colorado 6
News More "Fake News" From PBS: Tim McVeigh, The Okl... Apr 23 Rswan 2
News Being overweight may be caused by the clock in ... Apr 22 Yeti 29
News Why Is Russia Helping Anti-U.S. Insurgents in A... Apr 17 copout 9
News Osama Bin Laden reportedly calls Obama 'powerle... (Sep '09) Apr 14 Frogmouth Trump 68
News Obama expands ISIL fight into Syria; Canada won... (Sep '14) Apr 14 Frogmouth Trump 25
News Gadhafi: U.S. should seek peace with bin Laden (Feb '09) Apr 12 Putin warns T ramp 53
More from around the web