Algiers: a city where France is the promised land - and still the enemy

Jan 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Guardian

Andrew Hussey believes the only way to makes sense of the problems Algeria faces today is to look back into its colonial history.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Still blaming the white man? That is getting a bit old. It is time for these beggars to take responsibility for their lack of vision and ambition.
Khaled

San Juan Capistrano, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Faith wrote:
Still blaming the white man? That is getting a bit old. It is time for these beggars to take responsibility for their lack of vision and ambition.
Thanks Faith...that was nice of you to bring out this article... It really brought out the essence of Algiers and Algeria... It felt like for a moment strolling the steet of aLGIERS...
Algerians don't blame the white man... they usually are blamed by the white man...lol
They already took their responsibilities... but their vision is blurred momentarly... soon they will see the world as it is ...chaotic..
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Khaled wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Faith...that was nice of you to bring out this article... It really brought out the essence of Algiers and Algeria... It felt like for a moment strolling the steet of aLGIERS...
Algerians don't blame the white man... they usually are blamed by the white man...lol
They already took their responsibilities... but their vision is blurred momentarly... soon they will see the world as it is ...chaotic..
Get a job.
Khaled

San Juan Capistrano, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Get a job.

I still have a job at the station...lol
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Faith wrote:
Beggars?

Well, Algeria has no debt and a huge reserve!

French president Hollande went to Algeria to beg for financial support for his war in Mali.

France is also begging Algeria to lower its gaz and oil prices.

So, who's the beggar now?
ana

Maidstone, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>Beggars?

Well, Algeria has no debt and a huge reserve!

French president Hollande went to Algeria to beg for financial support for his war in Mali.

France is also begging Algeria to lower its gaz and oil prices.

So, who's the beggar now?
I haven't seen Algeria beg for anything!! I also see less people begging on the streets of Algiers than in London, New York and Paris...

Strange statement
Alexandre

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

ana wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen Algeria beg for anything!! I also see less people begging on the streets of Algiers than in London, New York and Paris...
Strange statement
There are 6 million Algerian beggars in France. 6 million blood sucking beggars.

Algiers was built by the French, remember that when you admire the old buildings.

~A~

Since: Aug 12

Dely Ibrahim, Algeria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Alexandre wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 6 million Algerian beggars in France. 6 million blood sucking beggars.
Algiers was built by the French, remember that when you admire the old buildings.
~A~
What about the 132 years of colonisation and exploitation and blood sucking!!!
the old buildings are not a big deal comparing what they've done to the algerian people.
Khaled

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

You do not need to answer these shills they are here to interrupt.... but the article that Faith brought up is really interresting....What is interresting is how Mr. Hussey look at the history of colonialism with a fresh approach.... past historians just left us a sour taste in our mouth and a feeling of incomplete or distorted stories...
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Khaled
Lake Forest, CA
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#98983Aug 3, 2012

Judged:111

... I prefer the Icelandic girls... they are sooooo.... developped.....ahahahaahahahah ahaah ...Number 1 in the world....

Khaled
San Clemente, CA
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#99350Aug 4, 2012

Judged:211
Why do you hate Miley Cyrus....Stupid Cartooni... She has a lot of talent and her Dad is a hillibilly and proud of it... You still could not figure out why I have her posters in my house...you really stupid...I told you you can't think and do mushrooms... these two things are incompatible... like the neutron and neurones... anyway...TopGirl is having her skin olived by the sun in her Algerian flag made two peaces( blink blink chazmo) bikini...don't go to Santa Monica pier today...they are saying a mini Tsunami is going to hit... keep dry.

Khaled
Lake Forest, CA
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#100245Aug 7, 2012

Judged:221

Topgirl is not old....and she is not a stripper .... but indeed.... I did rub bacon on her.... you can ask her....ahahahahahahaahahahahah ah

Khaled
Lake Forest, CA

Topgirl is not old....and she is not a stripper .... but indeed.... I did rub bacon on her.... you can ask her....ahahahahahahaahahahahah ah

Khaled
Lake Forest, CA
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#111756Sep 13, 2012

Judged:222

Look Cartooni... stop being a Drama Queen... Lena wanted to date some North African guys... It's OK to date North Africans... they have a reputation to be fierce and hot... The problem is when they saw her picture... a lot of them went nut and wanted to date her... I just put a small add in an Algerian forum with her pic ... and they came like ants at her site... and all came at the same time and started asking her questions ... what's your Greek name? How much money in your account you have now right now? Will you marry me... I am cute and I need a green card asap... and this froze her computer... So now I don't know what Lena is going to do. Like I know her she is very nice and can't turn back all these handsome Algerians... She might date one every two days to give a chance to all this crowd... Lena have a big heart and can accomodate all these pretendants.lol,

Khaled
Lake Forest, CA
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#112217Sep 14, 2012

Judged:332

PS: She is really hot and intelligent...and you are right... she is Blonde... the real deal...ahahahahahahaha

Khaled
Lake Forest, CA
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#103311Aug 17, 2012

????
. most of the girls in here have olive skin (summer time they tan)... and I did not change my tune and my style.. I am the same guy since I came "hunting" Faith from the Algerian forum... "

-- Khaled aka " Mr. Softy" (2012)
doremifasolasi

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Faith wrote:
Khaled
Lake Forest, CA
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#98983Aug 3, 2012
Judged:111
... I prefer the Icelandic girls... they are sooooo.... developped.....ahahahaahahahah ahaah ...Number 1 in the world....
Khaled
San Clemente, CA
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#99350Aug 4, 2012
Why do you hate Miley Cyrus....Stupid Cartooni... She has a lot of talent and her Dad is a hillibilly and proud of it... You still could not figure out why I have her posters in my house...you really stupid...I told you you can't think and do mushrooms... these two things are incompatible... like the neutron and neurones... anyway...TopGirl is having her skin olived by the sun in her Algerian flag made two peaces( blink blink chazmo) bikini...don't go to Santa Monica pier today...they are saying a mini Tsunami is going to hit... keep dry.
Khaled
Lake Forest, CA
Khaled
Lake Forest, CA
Khaled
Lake Forest, CA
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#111756Sep 13, 2012
Judged:222
Look Cartooni... stop being a Drama Queen... Lena wanted to date some North African guys... It's OK to date North Africans... they have a reputation to be fierce and hot... The problem is when they saw her picture... a lot of them went nut and wanted to date her... I just put a small add in an Algerian forum with her pic ... and they came like ants at her site... and all came at the same time and started asking her questions ... what's your Greek name? How much money in your account you have now right now? Will you marry me... I am cute and I need a green card asap... and this froze her computer... So now I don't know what Lena is going to do. Like I know her she is very nice and can't turn back all these handsome Algerians... She might date one every two days to give a chance to all this crowd... Lena have a big heart and can accomodate all these pretendants.lol,
Khaled
Lake Forest, CA
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#112217Sep 14, 2012
Judged:332
PS: She is really hot and intelligent...and you are right... she is Blonde... the real deal...ahahahahahahaha
Khaled
Lake Forest, CA
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#103311Aug 17, 2012
????
. most of the girls in here have olive skin (summer time they tan)... and I did not change my tune and my style.. I am the same guy since I came "hunting" Faith from the Algerian forum... "
-- Khaled aka " Mr. Softy" (2012)
Blimey!! You created a thread about politics/economy and it turned to a gossip tabloid newspapers.
Yo faith has anyone told you that you sooooooooooooooooooooooo
boring.
nikFaith

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Helas the cretin doesn't know how to post a link from one page to another in american Topix and the geezer is an american.LMFAO.
Mind you we all know that all the brain in your country are foreigners.Never mind here is how to do it the simple way,no need to copy/paste the whole thing idiot.
This is your message that you wrote/typed in the egypt Topix:
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/egypt/TMICCA...
alexandre teteaclaque

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Alexandre wrote:
<quoted text>
~A~
Mon ami l'idiot du village bonjour!!
Imbecile heureux,WHO BUILT FRANCE AFTER IT WAS DESTROYED BY THE NAZIS?
ANSWER: THE NORTH AFRICANS.
You are a thieving nation,you stole our gas,petrol,posphate,fruits and vegetables,wine etc..etc...
Bouteflika is providing thousands of houses and tower blocks,built a 1200 kms first class motorway,underground and more.
You silly moo..Your own salope Christine Lagarde was begging to borrow Billion from Algeria and with more than 230 billion in the reserve we manage to gave her 5 billion.
And that is how you thank us.
No wonder why the British hate you.
alexandre teteaclaque

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Alexandre wrote:
<quoted text>
~A~
Au fait mon pote t'as deniche une nana comme je t'avais conseille?
Alexandre,serieux il faut que tu baise sinon tu vas etre plus frustre sinon...va au bordel mec il ne faut pas avoir honte.
alexandre teteaclaque

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

nikFaith wrote:
Helas the cretin doesn't know how to post a link from one page to another in american Topix and the geezer is an american.LMFAO.
Mind you we all know that all the brain in your country are foreigners.Never mind here is how to do it the simple way,no need to copy/paste the whole thing idiot.
This is your message that you wrote/typed in the egypt Topix:
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/egypt/TMICCA...
hahaha...learn from the algerian faith the american LMFAO.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

alexandre teteaclaque wrote:
<quoted text>
Mon ami l'idiot du village bonjour!!
Imbecile heureux,WHO BUILT FRANCE AFTER IT WAS DESTROYED BY THE NAZIS?
ANSWER: THE NORTH AFRICANS.
You are a thieving nation,you stole our gas,petrol,posphate,fruits and vegetables,wine etc..etc...
Bouteflika is providing thousands of houses and tower blocks,built a 1200 kms first class motorway,underground and more.
You silly moo..Your own salope Christine Lagarde was begging to borrow Billion from Algeria and with more than 230 billion in the reserve we manage to gave her 5 billion.
And that is how you thank us.
No wonder why the British hate you.
Alexandre is just one of these racist Islamophobes who despise Muslim countries. He probably has never been to Algeria and just regurgitates racist slogans learnt from the National Front.
These morons hate Algeria because it has inflicted upon them a huge defeat and dented their pride as a nation.
The French will never accept to have lost the Algerian war, and since, they despise Algeria and Algerians, even it they need Algerian workforce.
alexandre teteaclaque

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Alexandre wrote:
<quoted text>
~A~
This is the self-confessed national front Alexandre in YT:
http://youtu.be/lO-Mx6o9Ez4
alexandre teteaclaque

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Alexandre is just one of these racist Islamophobes who despise Muslim countries. He probably has never been to Algeria and just regurgitates racist slogans learnt from the National Front.
These morons hate Algeria because it has inflicted upon them a huge defeat and dented their pride as a nation.
The French will never accept to have lost the Algerian war, and since, they despise Algeria and Algerians, even it they need Algerian workforce.
Hear....hear.....
well

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Faith wrote:
Agree. I come from South East Europe and we were occupied by Ottoman Empire for hundreds of years, today we don't cry wolf daily blaming Turks for that. These beggars need to wake up and start working. Arabs and Africans are no different. I say nuke them and case closed.
Alexandre

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

alexandre teteaclaque wrote:
<quoted text>
Au fait mon pote t'as deniche une nana comme je t'avais conseille?
Alexandre,serieux il faut que tu baise sinon tu vas etre plus frustre sinon...va au bordel mec il ne faut pas avoir honte.
toutes les putes ici sont algeriennes et je ne couche pas avec des algeriennes, desole

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••