We'll murder police, says Real IRA

There are 234 comments on the This Is Lancashire story from Apr 25, 2011, titled We'll murder police, says Real IRA. In it, This Is Lancashire reports that:

The Real IRA has threatened to "execute" police officers and warned that the Queen's first visit to the Republic of Ireland is an "insult". But the dissident republican group behind the latest threat to police officers in Northern Ireland was criticised for being "morally and politically bankrupt". A statement from the terrorist group was read by a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at This Is Lancashire.

Northern Ireland Loyalist

Coleraine, UK

#21 May 3, 2011
Dubbadub: Yet another brainwashed retard from Dublin City.

All you have to do is come up here to the United Kingdom and ask people if they want to join the bankrupt free state and what will they say... NO.NO.NO.NO and wait for it ....NO.

Trust me, we are far better off up here, you boys can't even run your own country let alone wasting your lives trying to gain Northern Ireland.

Also the Irish people (Most) want nothing to do with Northern Ireland and hate the IRA and thats they way we want it.

Even if a miracle happened and there were to be a new big Ireland then you would simply have Loyalist violence and a new troubles.

Tony g... Your a true Irish man! I commend you 100% and respect you.

Northern Ireland Loyalist, LONDONDERRY

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

#22 May 3, 2011
Northern Ireland Loyalist wrote:
Dubbadub: Yet another brainwashed retard from Dublin City.
All you have to do is come up here to the United Kingdom and ask people if they want to join the bankrupt free state and what will they say... NO.NO.NO.NO and wait for it ....NO.
Trust me, we are far better off up here, you boys can't even run your own country let alone wasting your lives trying to gain Northern Ireland.
Also the Irish people (Most) want nothing to do with Northern Ireland and hate the IRA and thats they way we want it.
Even if a miracle happened and there were to be a new big Ireland then you would simply have Loyalist violence and a new troubles.
Tony g... Your a true Irish man! I commend you 100% and respect you.
Northern Ireland Loyalist, LONDONDERRY
Retard?? Your the ones with the sh*t education system.....oh of course at the moment thats the way it is, give it a few years and you prods will be a minority in your ''wee'' country. Lets face facts here Northern Ireland is a drain on British taxpayers who don't bloody want it, and also Northern Ireland couldn't survive on it's own so cop on to yourself the Nationalist Indigenous Irish up in the 6 counties have been their thousands of years your just a visitor, a lasting legacy of a colonial mistake thats all you Ulster-Scots are......

You could never run Northern Ireland either, you ran it so badly you caused a war, bloody Ulster-Scot racist idiots never did anything for the rest of Ireland, we don't forget too easy either....

Keep telling yourself that rap if it makes you happy, facts are that the majority of Irish people want a United Ireland, and the majority of Irish people supported the Provisional IRA in some shape or form......

New troubles?? Hmmm lets see, the descendants of colonial planters who discriminated against the Indigenous Irish for centuries starting a war when the rest of Ireland is given back??? Goodluck getting some support for that cause, the world is on the side of the Irish and the Irish Republicans (when it came to the troubles), you people are viewed with disdain across the world, there wouldn't be enough support for your cause.......
reverse view

Perth, Australia

#23 May 3, 2011
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Your talking about the Norman conquests?? What about the 700 years after that??
So bloody what if IRISH CLANS fought IRISH CLANS? Does that mean that racial persecution, genocide, sectarianism, colonization, slavery, denial of voting for Indigenous Irish, etc was right at the hands of the British??? How does some IRISH clans fighting have anything to do with what Britain did to Ireland??? You treated the Irish as savages, sent them off as slaves all around the world, robbed our land, colonised our country, carried out genocide against man woman and child, created Northern Ireland a sectarian puppet state to keep your planted Protestant settlers happy.......
Do you know that all through the 1800's all the Irish wanted was Home Rule within the UK?? We fought for it at Westminster for decades, we tried to go the democratic route for decades. 3 Home Rule bills were thrown out of Westminster in 20 years, the last Home Rule bill was thrown out just before WW1. Do you know who wanted to block Home Rule?? The Ulster-Scot planted settlers in Ulster, they fought tooth and nail in Westminster with their lobbies and politicians. When the English finally were looking like they would give the Irish Home Rule the Ulster Scot settlers set up the UVF in 1913 and threatened not only the indigenous Irish with violence but also threatened the English with violence.......
So planting settlers in Ulster, kicking the indigenous Irish off their land, denying Catholic indigenous Irish the right to vote while granting Protestant settlers the right to vote, having a totally Protestant parliament in Ireland until 1800 when it was abolished altogether what was all that about????
Even after the 26 counties gained independence and became the Irish Free State, the Protestant settlers were allowed set up a sectarian state, with the Protestant militia the B-Specials, the indigenous Irish in Northern Ireland were made to live as second class citizens, no housing equality, no jobs equality, gerrymandered voting areas where the lines were drawn on voting districts just so Protestants would get as many seats at Stormont as possible......what was all that about???
Then even when the Catholics looked for equal rights they were shot and beaten off the streets by the B-Specials and then shot and killed by the British Army......you cannot say we indigenous Irish never tried the peaceful route????
The emergence of the Provisional IRA was LONG OVERDUE.......
sorry for late reply.
Like i say get out of ireland and see it through our eyes. Yes met loads of irish who speak your way, until theve been here a while. school mate (23 years ago) just arrived and as a 14 year old told another english kid on the rugby team we blow people like you up!
Now if that wasnt a tort response what was it, anger at a history lesson. Those kids are men now and we are still all mates. The joke now is when are you going to blow your wife up. He married a pom with a bloody pommy accent as well.
if you want to read history great! read more about invasion of wales ,cornwall and north england (scotland LOL) by the irish. Ireland has the great privelage of making a country of brittney as they settled cornwall the cornish moved to france. Cornish is made up of irish and english galic. You want to live in the past irish killed and raided and settled britain as well as each other. Yet you say so what if "irish clans killed each other"
Then complain about Protestant doing it, so if a protestant marries a catholic are there children irish?
If a catholic marries an english catholic are there children irish?
If a protestant is in the irish army is he irish?
If a catholic raised in britain by irish parents and in the british army is he still irish?
I love taliking to the irish!!
reverse view

Perth, Australia

#24 May 3, 2011
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it. Northern Ireland is the stain not the south. Northern Ireland will cost the British taxpayer a lot more in the future and it has ALREADY cost a lot bloody more than you little 3 billion loan to the Republic of Ireland......
Didn't the UK have to call the IMF in the 1970's?? The UK went calling to the IMF also, the UK's national debt is also huge, you really think your government wants to go on supporting the last colonial mistake it is still directly linked to???
The British Government would love nothing more than to cut the cord with those worthless Ulster-Scots once and for all. Unforutunately the British Government must try look after them as it was Britain who planted them in Ulster in the first place. But I guess patience is wearing thin at this stage, everyone knows a United Ireland will happen sometime. As for the Real IRA I don't agree with what they are doing, although I do agree with a military force being in place to DEFEND the Catholic community, not to go out and mout attacks while the Protestants are squirming and losing their heads over ex IRA bombers as their leaders.....the time is not right now for a military campaign, Sinn Fein/IRA are already winning the battles in Stormont, beating those Protestant knuckleheads at their own game......we all know there is only one word in an Ulster Protestants vocabularly, and thats NO......Unfourtunately for them they are on the losing side of history, the tide of time has turned against the colonial aggressor, just look at the whites in South Africa and the African Americans, the down trodden are rising up, the Ulster Protestants have had their day, they are on the way down as we speak every day they lose more ground, for any Irish Republicans start a military campaign now is foolishness.......I'm having enough fun watching the Proddies squirm and moan while an IRA leader serves as their joint First Minister......
:)
Barry and Pearse are heroes who fought against a bigger power and gave their lives for their country........give me an Ulster Protestant or Englishman who ever did the same?? Nah guess not their business is oppression, the business of the Irish men you mentioned was FIGHTING oppression, as I've said already history is on their side.......
As the protestant population falls, The british goverment see the importance of the north fall. You forgot to mention one thing. the protestant like the catholics vote as one block. With the protestants voting in mass they garanteed conservative power in britain. In return not to open negotiations with the ira or the south. You see goverments dont care about people they care about the votes as they have there own social agenda.
Your goverment has now forgotten you and you are about 50 years behind britain. You will not win your country or the north. But lose it, immigration has started from outside europe and soon it wont be your religion that parts you. but your irishness that units you. If so called oppressed people are rising up, then they wont see any difference in you, me or an englishman.
Just using the term oppressed people makes me realise your contry is already being prepared (brain washed) for its destruction. Sorry if i sound harsh, its the male in me i say it as i know it.
A R TO R

Ireland

#25 May 3, 2011
reverse view wrote:
<quoted text>
As the protestant population falls, The british goverment see the importance of the north fall. You forgot to mention one thing. the protestant like the catholics vote as one block. With the protestants voting in mass they garanteed conservative power in britain. In return not to open negotiations with the ira or the south. You see goverments dont care about people they care about the votes as they have there own social agenda.
Your goverment has now forgotten you and you are about 50 years behind britain. You will not win your country or the north. But lose it, immigration has started from outside europe and soon it wont be your religion that parts you. but your irishness that units you. If so called oppressed people are rising up, then they wont see any difference in you, me or an englishman.
Just using the term oppressed people makes me realise your contry is already being prepared (brain washed) for its destruction. Sorry if i sound harsh, its the male in me i say it as i know it.
real man doesn't write half a page.U are not even UK down there anymore ya gop shite
reverse view

Perth, Australia

#26 May 4, 2011
A R TO R wrote:
<quoted text>real man doesn't write half a page.U are not even UK down there anymore ya gop shite
we beat you at gaelic football, so whos the real men. lol
Mark

UK

#27 May 4, 2011
Michael Means wrote:
Hmmm. The Brits never really defeated the IRA did they? In fact, they used to have to ride around in little armored boxes out of fear from a rag tag group of Irishmen. Oh and the so goodly and kind Brits just apologized for shooting a 12 year old girl in the back...30 years later. The British are pigs and have no business in Ireland.
So glad about 9/11 and all the Americans who were killed that day!
Mark

UK

#28 May 4, 2011
There will never, ever be a united Ireland. I'm so glad the evil murderer Kevin Barry was hanged. God bless the UVF, the UFF and all Orangemen.

Dublin

#29 May 6, 2011
reverse view wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry for late reply.
Like i say get out of ireland and see it through our eyes. Yes met loads of irish who speak your way, until theve been here a while. school mate (23 years ago) just arrived and as a 14 year old told another english kid on the rugby team we blow people like you up!
Now if that wasnt a tort response what was it, anger at a history lesson. Those kids are men now and we are still all mates. The joke now is when are you going to blow your wife up. He married a pom with a bloody pommy accent as well.
if you want to read history great! read more about invasion of wales ,cornwall and north england (scotland LOL) by the irish. Then complain about Protestant doing it, so if a protestant marries a catholic are there children irish?
If a catholic raised in britain by irish parents and in the british army is he still irish?
I have been out of Ireland many times. What place have I visited most? England of course. And I like England, the English people, I always have a good time over there. I can see through all this political crap it doesn't make me dislike a whole country or it's people. Believe it or not one of my best mates is a Protestant from Belfast who lived down in Dublin for a few years and now lives over in England. I actually like the English people and even have an uncle over there whose kids and grandkids would consider themselves English......

But see all that stuff you talk about is a lot like the viking invasions and the such. Do we all hate vikings? No. You see I think the whole thing with Britain was that it lasted 800 years, so it is the longevity of the situation that made it difficult. You do know about the Ulster plantations where Protestant British settlers were planted into Ulster and other parts of Ireland?? These were given the best land etc, they were the only ones allowed to vote and sit in parliament until the early 1800's. They pretty much lorded over the rest of the country. I could go into a lot of detail about it all but it would probably bore you??

See your putting it too much down to religion. In the situation in Northern Ireland, the fact was that part of the country was partitioned after the rest of Ireland gained independence. The place was partitioned in a way that would ensure that the British settlers would have a 60/40 majority on the indigenous Irish. And what happened was the indigenous Irish (Catholic) were treated like 2nd class citizens. No equality on income, jobs, housing, policing, etc. The lines for voting districts were drawn in a way that would ensure that the indigneous Irish would have as little representation as possible in Stormont (Northern Ireland Parliament). So all this repression went on. In the 1960's the indigenous Irish (Catholics) tried to go the peaceful way of getting civil rights through marches and the like, they were inspired by the civil rights movement in the US, but were attacked by the Northern Irish police and the B-Specials (a British protestant police militia) and then the British Army. All of this led to the Provisional IRA being set up and taking up arms for 30 years.....so religion really played little part in all of it. The war was not about religion, but it was about equality and sovereignty. Groups such as the PIRA and INLA were not religious at all but really left wing......it might surprise you to hear that Theobald Wolfe Tone seen as the father of Irish Republicanism who led an uprising in 1798 against the British was himself a Protestant....

Religion really wasn't a factor. But it was easier for the foreign media to distinguish between the two groups on the basis of their religion. But the foreign media made the mistake of saying the war was about religion when it clearly wasn't. You know??

Dublin

#30 May 6, 2011
reverse view wrote:
<quoted text>
Then complain about Protestant doing it, so if a protestant marries a catholic are there children irish?
If a Protestant marries a Catholic are their children Irish?

If it happens in the Republic of Ireland then yes the children are Irish citizens.If it happens in Northern Ireland then the childen can choose to be a British citizen or Irish citizen

If a Catholic marries an English catholic are there children Irish?

Well it depends where they live doesn't it

If a Protestant is in the Irish Army is he Irish?

Well I would imagine he would be....

I think he would consider himslef to be British....

Dublin

#31 May 6, 2011
reverse view wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah exactly thats what did happen with the Unionists. How are we 50 years behind Britain?? Like in terms of education we are miles ahead of Britain.....

We already won our country back in 1922.

See your making the point about religion again. Most Protestants in Northern Ireland consider themselves British, they would actually be insulted if you called them Irish. But this has nothing to do with religion, it is based on the fact that they are the descendants of British settlers brought to Ireland over 300 years ago, and after 300 years they don't see themselves as Irish. They see Northern Ireland as British, even though the hint is in the name. They still consider themselves to be British, not Irish Unionists living in a part of the UK, but just British....

Well the far right seems to be rising around Europe, that will keep any foreigners who want to cause trouble in check :)

Dublin

#32 May 7, 2011
reverse view wrote:
<quoted text>
In return not to open negotiations with the ira or the south. You see goverments dont care about people they care about the votes as they have there own social agenda.
See this is the unionists cracking up that I've been telling you about....

http://www.herald.ie/breaking-news/national-n...

The leader of the Ulster Unionist Party brands Sinn Fein (IRA political wing)''scum'' because they beat his party by a country mile in the Northern Ireland assembly election yesterday.....The last desperate cries of bigotry....he sounds idiotic
reverse veiw

Perth, Australia

#33 May 12, 2011
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been out of Ireland many times. What place have I visited most? England of course. And I like England, the English people, I always have a good time over there. I can see through all this political crap it doesn't make me dislike a whole country or it's people. Believe it or not one of my best mates is a Protestant from Belfast who lived down in Dublin for a few years and now lives over in England. I actually like the English people and even have an uncle over there whose kids and grandkids would consider themselves English......
But see all that stuff you talk about is a lot like the viking invasions and the such. Do we all hate vikings? No. You see I think the whole thing with Britain was that it lasted 800 years, so it is the longevity of the situation that made it difficult. You do know about the Ulster plantations where Protestant British settlers were planted into Ulster and other parts of Ireland?? These were given the best land etc, they were the only ones allowed to vote and sit in parliament until the early 1800's. They pretty much lorded over the rest of the country. I could go into a lot of detail about it all but it would probably bore you??
See your putting it too much down to religion. In the situation in Northern Ireland, the fact was that part of the country was partitioned after the rest of Ireland gained independence. The place was partitioned in a way that would ensure that the British settlers would have a 60/40 majority on the indigenous Irish. And what happened was the indigenous Irish (Catholic) were treated like 2nd class citizens. No equality on income, jobs, housing, policing, etc. The lines for voting districts were drawn in a way that would ensure that the indigneous Irish would have as little representation as possible in Stormont (Northern Ireland Parliament). So all this repression went on. In the 1960's the indigenous Irish (Catholics) tried to go the peaceful way of getting civil rights through marches and the like, they were inspired by the civil rights movement in the US, but were attacked by the Northern Irish police and the B-Specials (a British protestant police militia) and then the British Army. All of this led to the Provisional IRA being set up and taking up arms for 30 years.....so religion really played little part in all of it. The war was not about religion, but it was about equality and sovereignty. Groups such as the PIRA and INLA were not religious at all but really left wing......it might surprise you to hear that Theobald Wolfe Tone seen as the father of Irish Republicanism who led an uprising in 1798 against the British was himself a Protestant....
Religion really wasn't a factor. But it was easier for the foreign media to distinguish between the two groups on the basis of their religion. But the foreign media made the mistake of saying the war was about religion when it clearly wasn't. You know??
Im aware protestant having a major role in irish history from starting up irish dance classed and galic language revival. Unfortunatly religion does come into it. As you point out catholics are indigenous. Im sorry your all intermixed you have been marrying each other for centuries. A catholic is just as likly to have a decendent from the invading army protestants.
Its also well documented that irish royalty married into protestants and catholic invading armies.

Im only using the religion term becouse its away in which the irish see themseves and each other. Your both irish down here
being british is just another way of showing there difference, once there down here they soon get use to saying there irish becouse we dont see the difference.
reverse veiw

Perth, Australia

#34 May 12, 2011
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah exactly thats what did happen with the Unionists. How are we 50 years behind Britain?? Like in terms of education we are miles ahead of Britain.....
We already won our country back in 1922.
See your making the point about religion again. Most Protestants in Northern Ireland consider themselves British, they would actually be insulted if you called them Irish. But this has nothing to do with religion, it is based on the fact that they are the descendants of British settlers brought to Ireland over 300 years ago, and after 300 years they don't see themselves as Irish. They see Northern Ireland as British, even though the hint is in the name. They still consider themselves to be British, not Irish Unionists living in a part of the UK, but just British....
Well the far right seems to be rising around Europe, that will keep any foreigners who want to cause trouble in check :)
british education has been falling since 1948.
Im sorry but the foreigners wont be kept in cheak, This was the year were more children born in britain come from 3rd world decendents.
With irelands smaller population what took 50 years in britain could happen alot sooner in ireland.
If i remeber right a couple of years ago saw irelands drop in birth rate making you join the rest of the west in a decreasing population.

Dublin

#35 May 12, 2011
reverse veiw wrote:
<quoted text>
Im aware protestant having a major role in irish history from starting up irish dance classed and galic language revival. Unfortunatly religion does come into it. As you point out catholics are indigenous. Im sorry your all intermixed you have been marrying each other for centuries. A catholic is just as likly to have a decendent from the invading army protestants.
Its also well documented that irish royalty married into protestants and catholic invading armies.
Im only using the religion term becouse its away in which the irish see themseves and each other. Your both irish down here
being british is just another way of showing there difference, once there down here they soon get use to saying there irish becouse we dont see the difference.
Indigenous Irish in Northern Ireland happened to be Catholic. The facts are though that the Catholic chruch was a negative influence on Ireland just the same as the Protestant chruch. The Catholic church never did any good fo Irish, and was actually an abusive institution given too much power in the Irish constitution of 1937. Some People used to live in fear of the Catholic church in Ireland, they could slap kids in a classroom, run childrens homes like concentration camps, abuse them sexually etc and all of this was covered up for years.....so the religion factor certainly does not remain to this day, Ireland has become quite secular

It's not really the way they see eachother though. Look at it this way it is the easiest thing that can distinguish the indigenous Irish and the colonial Anglo-Irish and Ulster-Scots. They are the ones that want to be British even though they are seen as Irish.....

Dublin

#36 May 12, 2011
reverse veiw wrote:
<quoted text>
british education has been falling since 1948.
Im sorry but the foreigners wont be kept in cheak, This was the year were more children born in britain come from 3rd world decendents.
With irelands smaller population what took 50 years in britain could happen alot sooner in ireland.
If i remeber right a couple of years ago saw irelands drop in birth rate making you join the rest of the west in a decreasing population.
Yeah but there is only so much rubbish people can take you know??

Yeah Ireland still has the highest birth rate in Europe though. The foreigners won't have it all their way, although I do admit Dublin is a much changed city from the one I grew up in in the 1990's.....in the mid 1990's it would be surprising to see people of different races or eastern Europeans, now it is commonplace, strange really......
Anonymous

Ireland

#38 May 13, 2011
Please explain gained independance.
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Ulster is only a ''province'' of the UK because of colonialism. These Protestant Unionists are settlers who were planted in the North of Ireland back 3 hundred years ago. These Protestants STOLE the best land. Denied the Irish Home Rule for over a century. When the 26 counties of Ireland gained independence from Britain in 1921 the 6 counties left under British rule became Northern Ireland, a sectarian state, a gerrymandered state, indigenous Irish Catholics living here were treated as second class citizens, were denied basic housing and jobs and voting equality.
When the Civil Rights movement tried top march peacefully for these rights in the 1960's they were attacked by the sectarian Protestant police force, were shot off the streets by the British Army. Thats how the 30 year Troubles (war) started......
Let them move down south you say?? How about these Protestants for once apologise for what they have done over the centuries?? They are the problem, they are the ones who were the invaders, the colonialists, the segregationists, the deniers of basic human and civil rights, the creators of a sectarian state and police force, the ones who tried to deny THE WHOLE OF IRELAND home rule for all of the 1800's......where is the apology???The admittance of wrong doing?? I have yet to hear one from these colonialists.......
I don't support these groups BUT a United Ireland is coming, you colonize a country and you pay the price........
Anonymous

Ireland

#39 May 13, 2011
you sound like one of the people that infuriates everyone without a point what apology dipshit I come from a catholic city and the IRA still blew that up Wheres my apology and the rest of England for WARRINGTON ,BIRMINGHAM LONDONx7

Dublin

#40 May 13, 2011
manc7 wrote:
Please explain gained independance.
<quoted text>
The old IRA chased the British Army out of Ireland in the Irish War of Independence 1919-1921......that is why most of Ireland has not been part of the UK since 1922....

Dublin

#41 May 13, 2011
decko c wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair few nigerians living on my road (buckingham street) in the 90s, never bothered no-one, now everyone hates the forigers, i dunno what to think to be honest, cant stand australians but
Yeah there is way more these days than there was in the 1990's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George Galloway: leaked papers reveal Canada's ... (Apr '10) Mon George vs USA Senate 5
News Fight for ISIS, lose your citizenship, says Aus... May 24 Grassclipper 4
News Shiite Cleric Calls Maliki Visit to U.S. a Betr... (Jul '06) May 24 Swedenforever 3
News IS and the IRA - a comparison May 23 Lawrence James co... 3
News Obama expands ISIL fight into Syria; Canada won... (Sep '14) May 23 swedenforever 12
News ABC, CBS Continue to Omit Criticism of Obama as... May 23 USA Today 1
News Bush to Sign Law for Tough Interrogation (Oct '06) May 23 swedenforever 174
More from around the web