The 12-Year War: 73% of U.S. Casualties in Afghanistan on Obama's WatchCNS

Sep 15, 2013 | Posted by: Jim R Pickens | Full story: cnsnews.com

In total, 2,144 U.S. military personnel have given their lives fighting in and around Afghanistan as part of Operation Enduring Freedom. 1,575 of the U.S. military personnel who have sacrificed their lives in this cause were killed during the presidency of Barack Obama. That means 73 percent of the casualties in the Afghan War have happened on Barack Obama’s watch.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Oct 4, 2013

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Looks like the Obama strategy is a failure also, just like Syria.
Dougie

Barnesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 17, 2013
 
Obama is good at f'<king things up.
Okmulgee Rambler

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 24, 2013
 
You know, when Bush was president, the news sources kept us up to date hourly on info like this and Bush's popularity ratings.
Why is it now that Obama is president it doesn't matter anymore?

“Way down, in Columbus Georgia”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 25, 2013
 
Okmulgee Rambler wrote:
You know, when Bush was president, the news sources kept us up to date hourly on info like this and Bush's popularity ratings.
Why is it now that Obama is president it doesn't matter anymore?
Because our media is bias and covers for Obama. When he was first elected it was more subtle but now they don't care how obvious it is.
Had they used the same reporting standards they used with Bush, Obama would have never been reelected and probably impeached.
Frisbee

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 1, 2013
 
Sigh.

Obama didn't send them there. He pulled them out AFTER osama was killed.

Obama isn't the one that sent 5000 (100%)(3 TIMES! what died under Obama in Afghanistan) of our sons and daughters to die for NOTHING in Iraq.

You clowns are just pathetic.
At least try to pretend you aren't complete simpletons.
Frisbee

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 1, 2013
 
The fact that y'all find fault with our soldiers dying actually accomplishing the task of killing the guy who took down the trade center while condoning the guy who sent THREE times as many soldiers to their death invading a country that had NOTHING to do with it is simply disgusting.

The good news is that you lose. Your party of hate-mongering simpletons are a joke and will never hold power again in your lifetime.
Smiths Station Panthers

Griffin, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 1, 2013
 
Obama's failed strategy is getting them killed, plain and simple.
Along with being a novice about foreign policy, he is a novice about strategy and the military.
He changed the rules of engagement just a short time in office and changed the direction of this war.
You are truly ignorant and either a mindless liberal bottle fed your talking points from the rape endorsing Huffington Post or a dumbed down political hack incapable of reason, either case your ignorance is pathetic and typical of the dumbed down culture that voted this imbecile as president.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 1, 2013
 
Thousads dead 7-10 trillion WASTED...economy trashed.

Thanks Bush for starting this mess and Obama for not ending it day one.

VOTE LIBERTARIN..........NO MORE WARS AND WASTED TRILLIONS.
Frisbee

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 2, 2013
 
By the way, the article in question is over a year old....Looks like someone need to update their subscription to the propaganda websites.
Smiths Station Panthers wrote:
Along with being a novice about foreign policy, he is a novice about strategy and the military.
Tell us how you feel about the 100% of the 4488 soldiers dead in IRAQ under Bush, since you are SUCH an expert on foreign policy and the military? The guys in Afghanistan actually got the guy who did 9/11, thanks to Obama. What did Bush send the guys to die in Iraq for?

Please, tell us how important is to hold the Commander in Chief accountable for what he's done.

I know, I know, this is where you say Obama is personally responsible for everything that happened on his watch except killing Osama while Bush is not responsible for anything on his watch except putting the guys who finally got Osama in place.
Frisbee

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 2, 2013
 
Smiths Station Panthers wrote:
Along with being a novice about foreign policy, he is a novice about strategy and the military.
Please tell us how you feel about the 4488 soldiers sent to die in IRAQ, since you're such an expert on strategy and military. What was the strategy in sending those kids to die in a country that never did anything to threaten us in any way?
At least those in Afghanistan died while trying to get the guy who did 9/11.
Tell us all about being accountable for the soldiers that die on your watch....
You can irrationally hate that 'uppity black' president all you please, but using dead soldiers as currency in your lame rantings is just pathetic.

Also, the article is from last year. Might be time for someone to renew their subscription to propaganda blogs.
Frisbee

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 2, 2013
 
Don't forget that Obama was the President for 8 of those 12 years.

73% of the casualties occurred while the guy who was president for 66% of the time was in office.

WOW!
SHOCKING!!!!!

If you chimps were actually intelligent enough to pay attention and process simple fact, you might cause concern.

As it is, you just cause laughter. Watch while your "leaders" and your "party" implode because they chose to pander to you mouth-breathers instead of govern.
Derry

Phenix City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 3, 2013
 
I am career Army and can tell you first hand that our involvement in Afghanistan has gone in the shitter since Obama became POTUS.
I am sick of hearing these POS liberals think they know WTF they are talking about because they don't.
Case in point: previous poster.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 3, 2013
 
Derry wrote:
I am career Army and can tell you first hand that our involvement in Afghanistan has gone in the shitter since Obama became POTUS.
I am sick of hearing these POS liberals think they know WTF they are talking about because they don't.
Case in point: previous poster.
The whole war was shitter from the start. Two unfunded unconstitutional wars that cost thousands of lives our economy and trillions of dollars. Bush was evil for starting these wars and Obama is evil for not ending them day one in 2009.

“People will think I'm crazy”

Since: Jan 07

Rome, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 4, 2013
 
Frisbee wrote:
Don't forget that Obama was the President for 8 of those 12 years.
73% of the casualties occurred while the guy who was president for 66% of the time was in office.
WOW!
SHOCKING!!!!!
If you chimps were actually intelligent enough to pay attention and process simple fact, you might cause concern.
As it is, you just cause laughter. Watch while your "leaders" and your "party" implode because they chose to pander to you mouth-breathers instead of govern.


Chimps, LOL

only color that uses that word any more is,...??



swing low sweet

“People will think I'm crazy”

Since: Jan 07

Rome, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 4, 2013
 
How about that low life travyon , is he still your Hero,...???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••