O'Reilly: Benghazi is Obama's Waterga...

O'Reilly: Benghazi is Obama's Watergate! Yeah, That's the Ticket

There are 101 comments on the Crooks and Liars story from Nov 16, 2012, titled O'Reilly: Benghazi is Obama's Watergate! Yeah, That's the Ticket. In it, Crooks and Liars reports that:

Look, Bill: All that happened after the horrendous incident in Libya was that Susan Rice went on air and repeated to the media what information was given to her by the CIA.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Crooks and Liars.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#44 Nov 20, 2012
rollin wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are some facts for you:
FACT: While bush was in office 11 US embassies were attacked
FACT: 54 Americans were murdered in these attacks.
FACT: GOP outrage for these attacks was NON EXISTENT
Tell me again how this isn't sore loser politics.
Yea dont give the GOP type facts.....They only like lies and twist BS crap. Bush allowed thousands to die on 9-11 on USA soil here in the states....THE GOP TYPE CHEERED HIM AND WORSHIPPED HIM LIKE A GOD....Over in Bnghazi a war torn dangerous region 4 people died and the GOP type are claling for Obama head....TYPICAL NUT JOBS.
robertsized

Pottstown, PA

#45 Nov 20, 2012
Petreaus was Robertsized.

Sounds like they tried to pressure Petreaus the sameway they might have Justice Roberts before the ACA vote/ruling.
OH NO You Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#46 Nov 20, 2012
rollin wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are some facts for you:
FACT: While bush was in office 11 US embassies were attacked
FACT: 54 Americans were murdered in these attacks.
FACT: GOP outrage for these attacks was NON EXISTENT
Tell me again how this isn't sore loser politics.
Where you links Sweetheart? Without unbiased links these are made up lies by you from your propaganda machine. But thanks for showing you can't post the truth!

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#47 Nov 20, 2012
OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Where you links Sweetheart? Without unbiased links these are made up lies by you from your propaganda machine. But thanks for showing you can't post the truth!
Well tell me slappy, what links would a gullible little republitard accept?

Here....cry over any of these with your fake political anger.

First I will list wiki because republitards love to whine about that source.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist_attack...

International business times?
http://www.ibtimes.com/us-embassy-attacks-and...

Or infoplease?
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001454.html

Now little tard, before you get on here and whine that each of these sights MUST be left wing bias, take 10 seconds to do a google search on any one of the attacks they list and see if it actually happened or if it was just a left wing hallucination.

FACTS - confounding republicans since 1973

Since: Jun 08

Inverness, FL

#48 Nov 20, 2012
OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Shoot Obama had them in Libya and he didn't take care of them. Like I said I believe that is malfeasance for the state department not to take care of them in a dangerous part of the world as other parts of the world like Germany or France are not the same level of danger and terror. So, to use the argument that there are other embassies in the world and we did not know which ones to protect is insane. I mean besides a newly formed government there was the memos to say there was violence. BTW, you need to complain to the Obama administration as they were the ones that placed them in danger in Libya, not me. Obama and his administration did not care about them and that shows me that he cares little about Americans. I (as well as many other Americans) will point all Obama's problems and anti-American attitudes until he is out of office and like you said "so deal with it".
I'm not complaining about the fact that we have an embassy in Libya or anywhere else. I just think we need to take a more Libertarian foreign policy stance. Closing all of them would suit me just fine. Too say that Obama doesn't care about Americans is just plain crazy. I'm not his biggest fan but firmly believe he cares and that he is proud to be an American. Feel free to point out anything you like. I can deal with anything.

Inverness, FL

#49 Nov 20, 2012
OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
IMHO, woodtick57 and others lost it a long time ago. You provide them proof with links and other means and they still deny it.
Thanks. I kinda figured but couldn't help myself.
Therealnews com

New York, NY

#50 Nov 20, 2012
Trent Lott, Ronald Reagan and Republican Racism
Dec. 14, 2002 / http://tinyurl.com/d9w75
Southern Strategy: The race question has haunted Reagan and the GOP for decades
The same could be said, of course, about such Republican heroes as, Barry Goldwater, Richard Nixon or George Bush the elder, all of whom used coded racial messages to lure disaffected blue collar and Southern white voters away from the Democrats. Yet it's with Reagan, who set a standard for exploiting white anger and resentment rarely seen since George Wallace stood in the schoolhouse door, that the Republican's selective memory about its race-baiting habit really stands out.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,859...

No tears for Reagan
June 8, 2004 / http://tinyurl.com/558r6l
Excuse me if I don’t shed any tears over the passing of former President Ronald Reagan. While the news of the 40th president’s death brought on a flood of sentimentality over the nation’s media this past weekend, I could not help but recall what the Reagan presidency really meant for Black Americans. Similar to what occurred upon the death of Richard Nixon, amnesia has set upon journalists as they recall Reagan’s era; choosing to indulge in idol worship rather than serious reflection on the former president’s policies.
http://www.blackamericatoday.com/article.cfm...

Ronald Reagan: The Great White Redeemer
http://tinyurl.com/6jljhm / June 10 2004
Only 12 years elapsed between the glorious military victory over the Confederate Slave States in 1865 and the definitive defeat of Reconstruction in 1877. In many important respects, the Reconstruction period was even briefer than that. By 1870, when the last of the southern states ratified the 15th Amendment to the Constitution, Tennessee had already rejected biracial democracy and installed an all-white “Redeemer” government.“Redemption” then swept through Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia.
http://www.blackcommentator.com/94/94_cover_r...

Reagan's heart of darkness
June 9, 2004 / http://tinyurl.com/28ytj
PRESIDENT Bush proclaimed: "Ronald Reagan believed that God takes the side of justice and that America has a special calling to oppose tyranny and defend freedom." In the first three days of news reports on the death of the former president, not a single major American newspaper, television station, or politician has dared to exhume this counterpoint to the Reagan's legacy: "Immoral, evil, and totally un-Christian."
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_op...

Reagan, White As Snow
http://tinyurl.com/6lujee
Last week, as we’ve heard, the Republican presidential candidates praised the name and heritage of Ronald Reagan 40 times during the televised Show and Tell at the Reagan Presidential Library. That none of them mentioned Reagan’s legacy of white supremacy and support for apartheid is a little like invoking Jefferson Davis and not mentioning treason or slavery. Actually, a lot like it.
Ronald Reagan was a white supremacist to his very core, and left enough traces over his lengthy political career so that it’s evident for anyone who cares to look—which apparently few do.
Domestically, he opposed every legislative remedy for African Americans, betraying a meanness of spirit and an open racism. As Sidney Blumenthal wrote in The Guardian in 2003:/ http://www.tompaine.com/articles/2007/05/08/r...
OH NO You Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#51 Nov 20, 2012
rollin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well tell me slappy, what links would a gullible little republitard accept?
Here....cry over any of these with your fake political anger.
First I will list wiki because republitards love to whine about that source.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist_attack...
International business times?
http://www.ibtimes.com/us-embassy-attacks-and...
Or infoplease?
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001454.html
Now little tard, before you get on here and whine that each of these sights MUST be left wing bias, take 10 seconds to do a google search on any one of the attacks they list and see if it actually happened or if it was just a left wing hallucination.
FACTS - confounding republicans since 1973
Finally, some links to back up your work, but you forgot to read this from your links. "Throughout the years U.S. embassies all over the world have been targets of protests and violence by terrorist groups and discontented citizens trying to make a point, or just generally cause chaos and mayhem." Bush did not create the attacks and they started long before he was ever in office.

Plus none of your links show that the ambassador was killed in the attack who had asked for help and that the American government was watching them die for hours while sat around doing nothing. Finally how, would know how I feel hater as I just posted the truth and you did not until these links. Here's the many things you missed for those links. Plus in many cases they were planned attacks which did not happen or nobody was killed.

"Paris, France, September 13, 2001: Four men were arrested in Rotterdam on conspiracy to plant a suicide bomber in the U.S. embassy in Paris. The NATO headquarters in Brussels was also targeted. The plot was discovered in July 2001 when a conspirator named Djamel Beghal was arrested in Dubai for passport fraud. He confessed after an interrogation. All the conspirators were part of a small satellite of Al-Qaeda.

Karachi, Pakistan, June 14, 2002, February 28, 2003, March 15, 2004, and March 2, 2006:The string of bombings and attempted bombings outside the U.S. consult in Karachi were thought to be in retaliation for the War on Terror in Afghanistan, and later Iraq. The first bomb in June 2002 was a suicide bomber, who killed 12 and injured 51 people. In February 2003, a gunman killed two police officer and injured five others outside the consulate. In March 2004, an attempted bombing was stopped when police discovered 200 gallons of liquid explosives in the back of a truck. In March 2006, another suicide bomber killed six people outside a nearby Marriott Hotel.

Tashkent, Uzbekistan, July 30, 2004: The U.S. and Israeli embassies were targeted by suicide bombers. Two security guards were killed.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, December 6, 2004: Militants breached the outer wall of the U.S. consulate and began shooting, but did not enter the consulate. Five civilians and the gunmen were killed. Ten people were wounded.

Damascus, Syria, September 12, 2006: Three gunmen were killed after they tossed grenades over the embassy's outer wall and a car bomb exploded outside the embassy. A Syrian security guard and a Chinese diplomat also died.

Athens, Greece, January 12, 2007: A rocket-propelled grenade was fired into the front of the U.S. embassy around 6 am in the morning. No one was killed or hurt. A Greek terrorist group called "Revolutionary Struggle" claimed responsibility.

Istanbul, Turkey, July 9, 2008: Kurdish Turks open fired around 11 am, killing six people and injuring one. The three men had suspected Al-Qaeda links, but this was never proven.

San'a, Yemen, September 7, 2008: 19 people died and at least 16 were injured when a group of men disguised at police attacked the outer security rim of the U.S. embassy. Al-Qaeda affiliate Islamic Jihad of Yemen claimed responsibility."
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#52 Nov 20, 2012
Sad this will not come as a surrise,or shock to most
Americans of sound mind...

(A) Clapper lies under oath to congress re the editing
of the Inte reports re Benghazi?

(B) As the temperture rises,and in a concentrated and
Orchestrated scheme,Clapper now Confesses he did indeed Edit the reports to give a cover to the POTUS
and adhere to the Narrative of no Terrorist Attacks
took place at Benghazi?

(C) He further admits he was responsible for feeding
Susan Rice the Bull Sh*t Faked story re the Video
Tape,and Protesters being the cause of the Attack?

(D) Rice the Shill for Obama was deliberately used
to promote the lies on five different Left wing
Media outlets who lapped it all up.

(E) As a consequence for her actions Obama tries
to reward her by way of Promotion to Secy of State?
All in all,Typical low class efforts,by low class
Civil Servants to win the Election,Cover the Ones
Butt,and to hell with the truth,and the American
Public at large...Disgusting Filthy Politics that
seems to be common place today in our WH!! Four
more years?

I studied various news reports to piece this BS
together..So Google away and do your very best to
confirm all of the above!!
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#53 Nov 20, 2012
typo surprise....
OH NO You Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#54 Nov 20, 2012
Canepole wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not complaining about the fact that we have an embassy in Libya or anywhere else. I just think we need to take a more Libertarian foreign policy stance. Closing all of them would suit me just fine. Too say that Obama doesn't care about Americans is just plain crazy. I'm not his biggest fan but firmly believe he cares and that he is proud to be an American. Feel free to point out anything you like. I can deal with anything.
Well, if he did care, then he politicized it because he had 4-5 memos saying that they need more security in Benghazi and they were blown off. Ambassador Steven was even composing a memo for security on the day he died. What is a libertarian approach? SO, if Obama cared then he wanted to pretend that everything was in control so he could look better in the press and it was not safe. Americans died because of this politicization and that is not right.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#55 Nov 20, 2012
typos intel,temperature

Inverness, FL

#56 Nov 21, 2012
OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text> Well, if he did care, then he politicized it because he had 4-5 memos saying that they need more security in Benghazi and they were blown off. Ambassador Steven was even composing a memo for security on the day he died. What is a libertarian approach? SO, if Obama cared then he wanted to pretend that everything was in control so he could look better in the press and it was not safe. Americans died because of this politicization and that is not right.
Seems to me that it's the sore losers who are politicizing the incident. Until something else comes along, this will be their main talking point. A Libertarian approach is quite simple. We should not be in the business of policing the world. More info @ http://www.lp.org/platform

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#58 Nov 21, 2012
Canepole wrote:
<quoted text>Seems to me that your the one living in fantasyland. In your delusional mind paranoia runs rampant. I do live in the real world. The one where I get up and go to work everyday, dealing with hundreds of customers, tens of thousands over the years and not once have I felt threatened by their color, religion or culture. That IS the real world in America. You should move to the middle east or Sudan where your delusional fears can become reality.
what?!!? Where would you get that i feel treatened by people of color?

if you can't defend your foreign ploicy posiotion, attacking me with something I never said won't help.

Pauls'(and yours)foreign policy plan has been proven to not work before you were born. We do not need to ggo back to a failed policy.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#59 Nov 21, 2012
OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, some links to back up your work, but you forgot to read this from your links. "Throughout the years U.S. embassies all over the world have been targets of protests and violence by terrorist groups and discontented citizens trying to make a point, or just generally cause chaos and mayhem." Bush did not create the attacks and they started long before he was ever in office.
Plus none of your links show that the ambassador was killed in the attack who had asked for help and that the American government was watching them die for hours while sat around doing nothing. Finally how, would know how I feel hater as I just posted the truth and you did not until these links. Here's the many things you missed for those links. Plus in many cases they were planned attacks which did not happen or nobody was killed.
"Paris, France, September 13, 2001: Four men were arrested in Rotterdam on conspiracy to plant a suicide bomber in the U.S. embassy in Paris. The NATO headquarters in Brussels was also targeted. The plot was discovered in July 2001 when a conspirator named Djamel Beghal was arrested in Dubai for passport fraud. He confessed after an interrogation. All the conspirators were part of a small satellite of Al-Qaeda.
Karachi, Pakistan, June 14, 2002, February 28, 2003, March 15, 2004, and March 2, 2006:The string of bombings and attempted bombings outside the U.S. consult in Karachi were thought to be in retaliation for the War on Terror in Afghanistan, and later Iraq. The first bomb in June 2002 was a suicide bomber, who killed 12 and injured 51 people. In February 2003, a gunman killed two police officer and injured five others outside the consulate. In March 2004, an attempted bombing was stopped when police discovered 200 gallons of liquid explosives in the back of a truck. In March 2006, another suicide bomber killed six people outside a nearby Marriott Hotel.
Tashkent, Uzbekistan, July 30, 2004: The U.S. and Israeli embassies were targeted by suicide bombers. Two security guards were killed.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, December 6, 2004: Militants breached the outer wall of the U.S. consulate and began shooting, but did not enter the consulate. Five civilians and the gunmen were killed. Ten people were wounded.
Damascus, Syria, September 12, 2006: Three gunmen were killed after they tossed grenades over the embassy's outer wall and a car bomb exploded outside the embassy. A Syrian security guard and a Chinese diplomat also died.
Athens, Greece, January 12, 2007: A rocket-propelled grenade was fired into the front of the U.S. embassy around 6 am in the morning. No one was killed or hurt. A Greek terrorist group called "Revolutionary Struggle" claimed responsibility.
Istanbul, Turkey, July 9, 2008: Kurdish Turks open fired around 11 am, killing six people and injuring one. The three men had suspected Al-Qaeda links, but this was never proven.
San'a, Yemen, September 7, 2008: 19 people died and at least 16 were injured when a group of men disguised at police attacked the outer security rim of the U.S. embassy. Al-Qaeda affiliate Islamic Jihad of Yemen claimed responsibility."
Finally? Horseshit skippy, I have no problems backing up what I post.

I could care less if "Bush did not create the attacks and they started long before he was ever in office." The FACT of the matter is this, The GOP is faking outrage over Benghazi as a simple point of being sore losers from the election.

If they weren't why was there no outrage from the GOP when 11 US Embassies were attacked under bush's watch?

You said it yourself:
"Bush did not create the attacks and they started long before he was ever in office."

Obama did not create it either.
OH NO You Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#60 Nov 21, 2012
Canepole wrote:
<quoted text>Seems to me that it's the sore losers who are politicizing the incident. Until something else comes along, this will be their main talking point. A Libertarian approach is quite simple. We should not be in the business of policing the world. More info @ http://www.lp.org/platform
NO, Romney correctly pointed out it was a terrorist attack long before Obama even slightly admitted to it and in fact, he really did not admit to it until after the election when it does not matter and the MSM basically covered it up for him as they dug more deeply into the Petreaus sex thing than dead people in Benghazi. Why should an ambassador die because Obama wants to seem in control of foreign affairs? I mean the powers in the Middle East see that he is not in control and that is the main reason why they are acting so aggressive, IMO.

St. Croix valley

#61 Nov 21, 2012
OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, Romney correctly pointed out it was a terrorist attack long before Obama even slightly admitted to it and in fact, he really did not admit to it until after the election when it does not matter and the MSM basically covered it up for him as they dug more deeply into the Petreaus sex thing than dead people in Benghazi. Why should an ambassador die because Obama wants to seem in control of foreign affairs? I mean the powers in the Middle East see that he is not in control and that is the main reason whythey are acting so aggressive, IMO.
Obviously it was a terrorist attack. no-one ever disputed that. what you are confusing is people knowing it is a terrorist attack and a gov't blaming the attack on a single terrorist group.

The US gov't did not have enough credible evidence to do the latter.
OH NO You Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#62 Nov 21, 2012
rollin wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally? Horseshit skippy, I have no problems backing up what I post.
I could care less if "Bush did not create the attacks and they started long before he was ever in office." The FACT of the matter is this, The GOP is faking outrage over Benghazi as a simple point of being sore losers from the election.
If they weren't why was there no outrage from the GOP when 11 US Embassies were attacked under bush's watch?
You said it yourself:
"Bush did not create the attacks and they started long before he was ever in office."
Obama did not create it either.
Skippy, then back up your posts all the time as your fellow liberal posters never do. BTW, it is not fake outrage by the GOP. They are outraged now because there is A DEAD AMBASSADOR AND OBAMA IS CALLING IT "A BUMP IN THE ROAD" AS IF THE AMBASSADOR AND HIS PROTECTORS LIVES MEAN NOTHING. OBAMA WANTS TO PRETEND THAT HE IS IN CONTROL OF EVERYTHING WHEN WE CAN SEE THAT HIS POLICIES MAKE HIM IN CONTROL OF VERY LITTLE, IF ANYTHING. Just look at the rest of the Middle East to that fact - even the liberal AP has seen that fact.
BTW Skippy, the GOP has been concerned about all the attacks on Americans From 9/11 to the the USS Cole to Kenya on down. Whereas the attacks that do not fit Obama's agenda, he appears to not care.

St. Croix valley

#63 Nov 21, 2012
OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, Romney correctly pointed out it was a terrorist attack long before Obama even slightly admitted to it and in fact, he really did not admit to it until after the election when it does not matter and the MSM basically covered it up for him as they dug more deeply into the Petreaus sex thing than dead people in Benghazi. Why should an ambassador die because Obama wants to seem in control of foreign affairs? I mean the powers in the Middle East see that he is not in control and that is the main reason why they are acting so aggressive, IMO.
the MSM covered it up? it's been in the news since day one!

Outright lies prove you have no argument, just a parrot....

wanna cracker?
Therealnews com

New York, NY

#64 Nov 21, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
Sad this will not come as a surrise,or shock to most
Americans of sound mind...
(A) Clapper lies under oath to congress re the editing
of the Inte reports re Benghazi?
(B) As the temperture rises,and in a concentrated and
Orchestrated scheme,Clapper now Confesses he did indeed Edit the reports to give a cover to the POTUS
and adhere to the Narrative of no Terrorist Attacks
took place at Benghazi?
(C) He further admits he was responsible for feeding
Susan Rice the Bull Sh*t Faked story re the Video
Tape,and Protesters being the cause of the Attack?
(D) Rice the Shill for Obama was deliberately used
to promote the lies on five different Left wing
Media outlets who lapped it all up.
(E) As a consequence for her actions Obama tries
to reward her by way of Promotion to Secy of State?
All in all,Typical low class efforts,by low class
Civil Servants to win the Election,Cover the Ones
Butt,and to hell with the truth,and the American
Public at large...Disgusting Filthy Politics that
seems to be common place today in our WH!! Four
more years?
I studied various news reports to piece this BS
together..So Google away and do your very best to
confirm all of the above!!
Your losing the real war.

Smarten Up.

======

CEOs and Simpson-Bowles 3.0
July 21 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/d7fdx4t
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/ceos-a...

"Inside Job" Director Charles Ferguson: Wall Street Has Turned the U.S. into a "Predatory Nation" / May 29, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/6v49j98
Two years after directing the Academy Award-winning documentary,“Inside Job,” filmmaker Charles Ferguson returns with a new book,“Predator Nation: Corporate Criminals, Political Corruption, and the Hijacking of America.” Ferguson explores why no top financial executives have been jailed for their role in the nation’s worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. We also discuss Larry Summers and the revolving door between academia and Wall Street, as well as the key role Democrats have played in deregulating the financial industry. According to Ferguson, a "predatory elite" has "taken over significant portions of economic policy and of the political system, and also, unfortunately, major portions of the economics discipline."
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/5/29/inside_...

The CEO Plan to Steal Your Social Security and Medicare
July 30, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/cq5h4uj
Many people are following the presidential election closely with the idea that the outcome will have a major impact on national policy. However, according to Steven Pearlstein, a veteran Washington Post columnist and reporter, it may not matter who wins the election. In a column last week, Pearlstein told readers that the top executives of some of the country’s largest companies are getting together to craft a budget package that they will try to push through Congress and get the president to sign.
http://www.cepr.net/index.php/op-eds-&-co...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Russia deepening Cooperation with US in Syri... 11 hr USA Today 1
News Day 2 of GOP convention speeches: CNN vets the ... Sat serfs up 20
News Shiite Cleric Calls Maliki Visit to U.S. a Betr... (Jul '06) Fri Swedenforever 4
News Australian convicted of recruiting foreign figh... Fri Beer Cold 3
News Osama Bin Laden reportedly calls Obama 'powerle... (Sep '09) Jul 20 Obsession 46
News Fisher: The coup failed in Turkey because mutin... Jul 18 Rick harrison 1
News Orlando memorializes gay nightclub massacre Jul 12 Bryan Fischer s H... 1
More from around the web