Canada, Oil, and Terrorism

Canada, Oil, and Terrorism

There are 24 comments on the Dissident Voice story from Sep 29, 2013, titled Canada, Oil, and Terrorism. In it, Dissident Voice reports that:

There are no shades of grey, no nuance or even cause and effect in the simplistic world view proclaimed by the current Canadian government.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dissident Voice.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Sep 29, 2013
I was talking to a Somali refugee friend of mine this morning. Because all Somalis are subject to deportation, it is nearly impossible to get one to even admit that whole mess in Somalia is a result of western, specifically Bill KKKLinton and Obama, interference. So this article is extremely relevant and timely. Somebody needs to be accountable for that mess. I am tired of seeing innocent Somalis suffer and die. And because I am not subject to deportation, so far; I feel duty bound to speak up on their behalf.

Obama has murdered 260,000 Somalis, most of them babies under the age of five.( http://www.france24.com/en/20130502-somalia-f... ) Where is the outrage? Do we not know that such as this dehumanizes all of us?

I am embarrassed. There has been so much slaughter of innocents in the name of anti-terrorism, that I have become so jaded that when things like West Port Mall happen, I find myself laughing at it. But, I am still human enough to feel guilty about finding humor in it. War is hell. And we have less security than ever. I cannot ride the train without being stopped 2-3 times by security rent a cops. And they are very cheap at $9-10/hour. My only saving grace is I ride so much that they all know me and show me some mercy. But why do we need security cameras on every building and security cops on every corner? And still feel less secure than ever...

And we feel less human. Does the powers that be expect us to ignore 260,000 dead Somalis? If we do, how can give a darn about small stuff like West Port Mall?

Is this war necessary? Bush could have had bin Laden simply by negotiating with the Taliban. So why are we shedding so much blood and doing so much damage to everybody's humanity? The price we are paying is too high. It is time to end this stupid war. I do not care if al-Shabab forms the government in Somalia as long as the killing stops.
SHYKORA arts paul

Calgary, Canada

#2 Sep 30, 2013
.....well then our romantic Alberta WILL-PROTECT..the Oil and Gas Industry...eh..$$$...(+)..
FACT

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#3 Oct 10, 2013
whites are terrorists let the truth be told and stop stealing resources which aint yours!we need to deport all whites back to europe then nuke them all!
shykora PAUL ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#4 Oct 10, 2013
....is dhat you's...BO SMITH.??..eh..
well

Hamilton, Canada

#6 Oct 10, 2013
Canada...Oil...Terrorism...Ste phen Harper....
shykora PAUL ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#7 Oct 10, 2013
well wrote:
Canada...Oil...Terrorism...Ste phen Harper....
,,,,,Vhaat ??..and starve,like yous.?...eh..bah

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#8 Oct 10, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
I was talking to a Somali refugee friend of mine this morning. Because all Somalis are subject to deportation, it is nearly impossible to get one to even admit that whole mess in Somalia is a result of western, specifically Bill KKKLinton and Obama, interference. So this article is extremely relevant and timely. Somebody needs to be accountable for that mess. I am tired of seeing innocent Somalis suffer and die. And because I am not subject to deportation, so far; I feel duty bound to speak up on their behalf.
Obama has murdered 260,000 Somalis, most of them babies under the age of five.( http://www.france24.com/en/20130502-somalia-f... ) Where is the outrage? Do we not know that such as this dehumanizes all of us?
I am embarrassed. There has been so much slaughter of innocents in the name of anti-terrorism, that I have become so jaded that when things like West Port Mall happen, I find myself laughing at it. But, I am still human enough to feel guilty about finding humor in it. War is hell. And we have less security than ever. I cannot ride the train without being stopped 2-3 times by security rent a cops. And they are very cheap at $9-10/hour. My only saving grace is I ride so much that they all know me and show me some mercy. But why do we need security cameras on every building and security cops on every corner? And still feel less secure than ever...
And we feel less human. Does the powers that be expect us to ignore 260,000 dead Somalis? If we do, how can give a darn about small stuff like West Port Mall?
Is this war necessary? Bush could have had bin Laden simply by negotiating with the Taliban. So why are we shedding so much blood and doing so much damage to everybody's humanity? The price we are paying is too high. It is time to end this stupid war. I do not care if al-Shabab forms the government in Somalia as long as the killing stops.
Obama didn't murder them Al Shabab did. If they just stopped being terrorists and killing aid workers, then those Somali children could have been fed and Somalia would be peaceful. I can't believe you're blaming white people when you live in a white country, if you don't like it go to Somalia and fight for them. See how long it takes for you to get killed.
shykora PAUL ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#9 Oct 10, 2013
..WAR..is..BAD,period...eh..(- )...
shykora PAUL ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#11 Oct 10, 2013
PURELY CANADIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews are Jews...Semites. NOT WHITE!
..Vhaat??..JEWS are White ,too...eh..shalom
anarchist

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Oct 10, 2013
PASTAAA wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama didn't murder them Al Shabab did. If they just stopped being terrorists and killing aid workers, then those Somali children could have been fed and Somalia would be peaceful. I can't believe you're blaming white people when you live in a white country, if you don't like it go to Somalia and fight for them. See how long it takes for you to get killed.
The correct name is HSM... just so you know.
and Mr Pasta, the world doesn't work exactly like that.

Obummer is the head of the biggest group of gangsters, that have ever existed, and lords over 300 million citizens of an industrialized country..

HSM although evil, don't have nearly as much resources, comparing the two is laughable, HSM lords over 300 thousand poor africans,

foreigners need to leave somalia the f-uck alone, they can never have the best interest of the locals, humanitarianism at gun point is an oxymoron.
GUULEED

Toronto, Canada

#16 Oct 10, 2013
FACT wrote:
whites are terrorists let the truth be told and stop stealing resources which aint yours!we need to deport all whites back to europe then nuke them all!
You dont have a nuke and your not allowed to have one

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#18 Oct 11, 2013
PURELY CANADIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but Israel is? They're armed to the teeth with Nuclear weapons. Last I heard they've even got 5 Nuclear subs. WTF does Israel need all that for????
They're surrounded by countries that hate their guts. And besides Pakistan has them, it would be foolish for Israel not to protect itself.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#19 Oct 11, 2013
anarchist wrote:
<quoted text>
The correct name is HSM... just so you know.
and Mr Pasta, the world doesn't work exactly like that.
Obummer is the head of the biggest group of gangsters, that have ever existed, and lords over 300 million citizens of an industrialized country..
HSM although evil, don't have nearly as much resources, comparing the two is laughable, HSM lords over 300 thousand poor africans,
foreigners need to leave somalia the f-uck alone, they can never have the best interest of the locals, humanitarianism at gun point is an oxymoron.
I'm a girl BTW and if foreigners leave Somalia will become a terrorist hot spot resulting in more attacks on Ethiopia, Kenya and even the USA.
God bless.
anarchist

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Oct 11, 2013
PASTAAA wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a girl BTW ...
Shoot, got that one wrong.

Don't be so sure what would happen, nobody has crystal ball.
all we know is violence begets more of itself, sooner the parties quit the better.

argagixiso, dadkaaga lagu bajiyaa inta badan, ee wax jira maha
conspiracy theorist kuwa ahba waydii

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#22 Oct 11, 2013
PURELY CANADIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
More proof that Israel and all Jews need to DIE!
Where will I get my kosher marshmallows?
GUULEED

Toronto, Canada

#23 Oct 11, 2013
PURELY CANADIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but Israel is? They're armed to the teeth with Nuclear weapons. Last I heard they've even got 5 Nuclear subs. WTF does Israel need all that for????
Sure Israel needs nukes to protect thier tiny democracy and liberty because they surounded by blood thirst terrorist savage arabs who fight for Allah and kill inncent people in the name of Islaam who dont want peace because they never have known peace in the first place and thier religion only advocates murder and violence.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#24 Oct 11, 2013
GUULEED wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Israel needs nukes to protect thier tiny democracy and liberty because they surounded by blood thirst terrorist savage arabs who fight for Allah and kill inncent people in the name of Islaam who dont want peace because they never have known peace in the first place and thier religion only advocates murder and violence.
which religion doesn't advocate murder and violence. that seem to be all any religion does...
GUULEED

Toronto, Canada

#25 Oct 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>which religion doesn't advocate murder and violence. that seem to be all any religion does...
True all religions advocate violence but others over grew and changed thier views on violence to others as time went by.....But muslims it never changed or even slowed down a bit since the times of Mohamed.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#26 Oct 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>which religion doesn't advocate murder and violence. that seem to be all any religion does...
Buddhism but Islam just advocates the most violence.
anarchist

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Oct 12, 2013
PASTAAA wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddhism but Islam just advocates the most violence.
you mean...
Muslims burning homes and property?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asi...

oh wait it is the other way around.

Pastaa when r u gonna stop repeating troll nonsense?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Khamenei: The Zionist regime won't exist in 25 ... 6 hr Canuck stay home 2
News What prompted the US and UK electronics bans? 6 hr Canuck stay home 1
In The Name of Jesus, Amen. 7 hr Fairyland no go 2
News Osama Bin Laden reportedly calls Obama 'powerle... (Sep '09) Mar 20 CombOver Donald 67
News Family's petition calls for change to ransom po... Mar 18 Capn 1
News Trump & Saudi Arabia: Oil Boycott or Bromance? Mar 16 Just Slim 2
News 'The War Is Not Over' (Sep '06) Mar 16 Texxy 276,627
More from around the web