Al-Qaida Branch Says No. 2 Leader Killed in Yemen

There are 8 comments on the Jul 17, 2013, Valley News Live story titled Al-Qaida Branch Says No. 2 Leader Killed in Yemen. In it, Valley News Live reports that:

The Yemen-based branch of al-Qaida says a U.S. drone strike has killed a former Guantanamo Bay prisoner who rose to become the group's No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Valley News Live.

Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#1 Jul 17, 2013
So that's how Obama is doing it now ...

Release a prisoner from Gitmo and then mow him AND his associates down with drones.
sound logic enclosed

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Jul 17, 2013
I am happy that Obama was able to get a lot of terrorist of the battle field with these drone strikes but I think it is time for Congress to hold hearings because I am not comfortable with the President just killing who he wants without any oversight.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#3 Jul 17, 2013
Al-Qaida Branch Says No. 2 Leader Killed in Yemen

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 7:57 AM EDT
Updated: Jul 17, 2013 7:57 AM EDT

SANAA, Yemen (AP)- The Yemen-based branch of al-Qaida says a U.S. drone strike has killed a former Guantanamo Bay prisoner who rose to become the group's No. 2 figure. The announcement, posted on militant websites, gives no date for the death of Saudi-born Saeed al-Shihri.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/22862032/...

http://www.topix.com/us/2013/07/al-qaida-bran...

Wonder "how many" more he took out???
With a 'drone ???

WHAT is "really" happening ...
THAT they are keeping Martin case in the news FOR?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#4 Jul 17, 2013
oooops ...
Above post meant for another forum ...
US Huh

Virginia Beach, VA

#5 Jul 17, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
So that's how Obama is doing it now ...
Release a prisoner from Gitmo and then mow him AND his associates down with drones.
Why not Maj Hassan?

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#7 Jul 18, 2013
I have to hand it to Obama on this one, place a tracking chip in the prisoners at Gitmo, let them go and then send drones to kill them. Gitmo closes, Obama looks good. None of that pesky interference from the Legislative or Judicial branches. Brilliant.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#8 Jul 18, 2013
When they get promoted it must be I got good news and bad news.

The good news is that your are promoted to the #2 al qaida position.

The bad news is that your are promoted to the #2 al qaida position.
bellowing niceties

Greeley, CO

#9 Jul 19, 2013
Just imagine if this was George Bush. The libs would be going nuts! "He lets them go, then kills them without even a hearing, much less a trial!"

Nice work Obama! No waterboarding or other fake torture for you. Just death from above for the terrorist and anyone around him at the time. No worries about collateral damage. Grandma and the little kid who was passing by on the bike are just two more dead ragheads as far as Herr Obama is concerned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2016 GOP Hopefuls Hold Fire After Drone Disclos... 15 hr Le Jimbo 25
News Muslims made unwelcome as times toughen (Oct '10) 18 hr Republican 96
News 6 from Minnesota charged with trying to join Is... 22 hr JCJ 17
News Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) Sat Serpent 46,827
News Yemen's defiant Shiite rebels press their offen... Apr 23 Jeff Brightone 1
News Canada's PM Reaffirms Commitment to Israel Apr 23 Wally 1
News IS and the IRA - a comparison Apr 22 James 1
More from around the web