First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Yohann

Tempe, AZ

#63 Jan 20, 2008
I guess that's why they say "99% of lawyers give the other 1% a bad name". That 99% must be those who work to get their clients off with a slap on the wrist after they decided to drive intoxicated and killed an innocent family. People break the law because they don't have enough rational intelligence to rule out the consequences of their actions, or they haven't earned enough education to be able to control their own actions or emotions.

If someone is actually stupid enough to break the law, they should not be a coward and hide behind their lawyers. They should at least have the courage to stand up and take the maximum like a real man or woman rather than hide like a coward behind obvious bs lies. Break the law? Then at least be brave enough to accept whatever the judge hands down. Don't run and hide like terrorists in the Middle East do.
Wild Bill Hicup

Irving, TX

#64 Jan 20, 2008
Yohann wrote:
I guess that's why they say "99% of lawyers give the other 1% a bad name". That 99% must be those who work to get their clients off with a slap on the wrist after they decided to drive intoxicated and killed an innocent family. People break the law because they don't have enough rational intelligence to rule out the consequences of their actions, or they haven't earned enough education to be able to control their own actions or emotions.
If someone is actually stupid enough to break the law, they should not be a coward and hide behind their lawyers. They should at least have the courage to stand up and take the maximum like a real man or woman rather than hide like a coward behind obvious bs lies. Break the law? Then at least be brave enough to accept whatever the judge hands down. Don't run and hide like terrorists in the Middle East do.
Hey, didn't you know their lawyers are their dranking buddies. They flip on who will drive.
I bet the lawyers dive for the coin.
Jay Dee

Peoria, AZ

#65 Jan 24, 2008
I was arrested for a DUI in Gilbert. The breathalyzer and my blood sample showed .000

I wanted to sue the Gilbert police department for false arrest but it would cost $8000 of my own money to sue a city police department.

The reason for being pulled over? Being 7 miles over the speed limit, like I am the only person who does this?
Yohann

Tempe, AZ

#66 Jan 26, 2008
You were arrested for "suspected DUI", not a "DUI". With a BAC of .000, a DUI charge wouldn't stand in court. Police in any city can hold a person for 24 hours with probable cause. With a flatline BAC, there would be no reason to prosecute and there would be no fine.

And a 'speed limit' is exactly that... a 'limit'. It isn't an average, and it isn't a suggestion. If one goes over it, they are breaking the law. It doesn't matter if one person or fifty are doing it, which is precisely why there are so many speed related accidents in this state. If someone is going 1 mph over the speed limit, guess what, they are speeding. Plain and simple. If you don't know exactly how fast you're going, then do 5 under. There is absolutely no justification for driving fast. Period. End of story.

If others want to drive like they lack the intelligence to control their own actions, then let them. They sooner they kill themselves and get out of the gene pool, the better. I just hope they don't take anyone with them when they wrap their cars around a telephone pole because they had to have "just one beer" and then get behind the wheel. If you drink, take a cab. If you don't like the police, take the bus. If you can't do either, then you pay the consequences.
I drive the speed limit. I drive like an intelligent human being, and in my twenty years of driving, I have never had a moving violation or even a speeding ticket. I was rear-ended by two individuals who felt it was necessary to tailgate and put on makeup at the same time.

Drive safe, and there's no reason to be pulled over or cause a wreck.
Thank You PD

Mesa, AZ

#67 Jan 31, 2008
I am pleased with the job the Police Depts. are doing here in Arizona! If you drink and drive, then you and only you made that choice. Remember for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction. Let's see what Ben has to say when a drunk driver hits and kills one of his family members!!!!!
-WillKillKops-

Phoenix, AZ

#68 Apr 30, 2008
Drinking and Driving is not a crime! I drink and drive all over Gilbert all day everyday, matter of fact I was pulled over a couple weeks ago while I was drunk driving by a stupid GPD, this kid looked like he just learned to wipe his ass, he certainly hadn't shaved yet, he asked me if I was drinking and of course I told him no, stupid fucker wrote me a speeding ticket and I sped on home...better luck next time fuckers!!! I’m so tired of all you fucking Americans giving away your god damn rights because your so weak and stupid, you think more laws and more police are going to make you more safe? These things will only make you more fearful….That is what this country wants though, for you to be very afraid. Your nothing but fear mongers, arms manufactures, gun runners, and drug dealers, if there is anyone that should be arrested and put to death it should be the government of the US that you have created. This country and its laws were originally founded on the principle that no one should infringe on ones life, liberty, or property. And I’m sorry you stupid Americans but until the drunk driver infringes on somebody’s life, liberty, or property… they have not committed a crime! You can’t assume that because I have .08 BAC that I am going to kill somebody. If I wreck into somebody and kill them go ahead and put me in the electric chair, an eye for an eye, and surely we can all agree justice would be served. The laws that you have created in this country are a travesty of justice, our forefathers would be appalled, they never imagined a place with speed limits and photo radar. That’s another thing… who gives a fuck if your doing a 100mph in a 50 zone, if you don’t kill anybody, wreck or damage anybodies property, you really haven’t done anything wrong,…(insert oinker logic here)“but it seams that you might, so in order to protect you from yourself, were going to give you a 300 dollar ticket” I hope you fucking Americans get nuke bombed by Islamic extremists, because you completely deserve it…if you call this freedom, you simply don’t know what freedom is…you probably do, but you’ve forgotten, because it was easier to let someone else run your life as opposed to you doing it yourself…. And now those same 10% control 90% of your economy, and account for half of the consumer spending in this country, so if your trying to figure out how to pay your bills and feed your family now that you got a DUI, rest assured they certainly aren’t, in fact right now those same people are asking “what recession?” Because you just give it away, your rights and your money…insert (FUCK the IRS) here. I don’t want another penny of my hard earned money spent on another fucking bomb so that we can spread “peace and freedom” as lil georgie and his good ol boys might say. You people are so dumb, it’s just fascinating. Rest assured, when you idiots get nuked for your ignorance…I won’t be here. It’s time for the Americans to take back America, don’t hire more cops because they only spread more fear, and the opposite of fear is security, so buy a gun and help eradicate the pig population.
hornback12

Louisville, KY

#69 Apr 30, 2008
-WillKillKops- wrote:
Drinking and Driving is not a crime! I drink and drive all over Gilbert all day everyday, matter of fact I was pulled over a couple weeks ago while I was drunk driving by a stupid GPD, this kid looked like he just learned to wipe his ass, he certainly hadn't shaved yet, he asked me if I was drinking and of course I told him no, stupid fucker wrote me a speeding ticket and I sped on home...better luck next time fuckers!!! I’m so tired of all you fucking Americans giving away your god damn rights because your so weak and stupid, you think more laws and more police are going to make you more safe? These things will only make you more fearful….That is what this country wants though, for you to be very afraid. Your nothing but fear mongers, arms manufactures, gun runners, and drug dealers, if there is anyone that should be arrested and put to death it should be the government of the US that you have created. This country and its laws were originally founded on the principle that no one should infringe on ones life, liberty, or property. And I’m sorry you stupid Americans but until the drunk driver infringes on somebody’s life, liberty, or property… they have not committed a crime! You can’t assume that because I have .08 BAC that I am going to kill somebody. If I wreck into somebody and kill them go ahead and put me in the electric chair, an eye for an eye, and surely we can all agree justice would be served. The laws that you have created in this country are a travesty of justice, our forefathers would be appalled, they never imagined a place with speed limits and photo radar. That’s another thing… who gives a fuck if your doing a 100mph in a 50 zone, if you don’t kill anybody, wreck or damage anybodies property, you really haven’t done anything wrong,…(insert oinker logic here)“but it seams that you might, so in order to protect you from yourself, were going to give you a 300 dollar ticket” I hope you fucking Americans get nuke bombed by Islamic extremists, because you completely deserve it…if you call this freedom, you simply don’t know what freedom is…you probably do, but you’ve forgotten, because it was easier to let someone else run your life as opposed to you doing it yourself…. And now those same 10% control 90% of your economy, and account for half of the consumer spending in this country, so if your trying to figure out how to pay your bills and feed your family now that you got a DUI, rest assured they certainly aren’t, in fact right now those same people are asking “what recession?” Because you just give it away, your rights and your money…insert (FUCK the IRS) here. I don’t want another penny of my hard earned money spent on another fucking bomb so that we can spread “peace and freedom” as lil georgie and his good ol boys might say. You people are so dumb, it’s just fascinating. Rest assured, when you idiots get nuked for your ignorance…I won’t be here. It’s time for the Americans to take back America, don’t hire more cops because they only spread more fear, and the opposite of fear is security, so buy a gun and help eradicate the pig population.
you sound like you are really intelligent so i ask"did your parents have any chidren that lived?"
DUI is Revenue

Tucson, AZ

#70 Nov 27, 2009
1. I am against "drunk" drivers

2. I do NOT believe in getting a DUI for having 2 drinks.

3. I do NOT believe that if your have a 0.02 BAC you should get a DUI..( Impaired to the slightest degree).

4. I watch GPD officers profile and harass. Happened to me.

5. If you want to drive thru Gilbert and not get pulled over, have a bumper sticker that says "Mormon Mom".

I refuse to drive thru that POS place you call a town.
just some guy

Gilbert, AZ

#71 Nov 30, 2009
Let’s think about this...
A guy has too many to drive. He ends up getting pulled over and arrested. His car gets towed and there's a 30 day hold put on it. With $35 a day fee on top of the $300 police fees he is looking at $1,300 to get his car back. Well he doesn't have an extra $1,300 and he needs a car to get to work to pay the court fines. Since he needs his car he can't pay rent, buy groceries, or afford daycare. If he doesn't pay rent it hits his credit and he might be evicted. Obviously he needs groceries. If he doesn't pay daycare he can't go to work, and that puts him back at square one. Ultimately his credit will be screwed for years, he will probably lose his home, and may not be able to feed his kids. Not to mention that he might lose his job and end up on welfare - then we are all paying for his DUI.
I'm not saying that DUI shouldn't be punished. It should. Drunk drivers kill people. But at the same time I believe we are too rough on first time offenders. It's easy to look at someone that got a DUI without remorse because they are the bad guy, but society doesn't need to be as harsh as Gilbert is with first time offenders to curb the behavior. If they are a repeat offender then probably do need a severe punishment, so that they get the clue.
Don't you think it's kind of odd that ours is a society that will imprison you, screw your credit, and make you bankrupt knowing that doing so often takes from the kids and destroys families, but makes no effort to take you ability to drink away? Why don't we issue drivers licenses with a mark that means you are allowed to purchase or consume alcohol? You get a DUI and you lose the privileged. You get caught with any amount of alcohol after that (driving or not) and you get punished. I understand that it’s not a perfect system, but establishments are already supposed to be checking your ID. Basically it’s as good as what we have now except that we can do a better job of prevention and avoid having to punish in the first place. Instead of working towards better, more effective, ideas we always vote to raise the fines and punish more severely.
It’s easy to attack someone that did something wrong (DUI) and say that if they don’t like the punishment then they shouldn’t have committed the crime, but that does not mean that you are right and they are wrong. If a man’s hands got cut off for stealing a loaf of bread and he complained that the punishment were too severe would you tell him that if he didn’t want to lose his hands he shouldn’t have stolen, or would you understand that perhaps the punishment was too severe and perhaps that behavior could have been curbed without ruining his life.
kadamson

O Donnell, TX

#72 Dec 2, 2009
Beware Ben...drinking and driving can result in a disability which will not let you speak. Others will speak for you and determine you prefer to be denied nutrition and hydration rather than living the life you have left. Right Mike?
hornback12

AOL

#73 Dec 21, 2009
kadamson wrote:
Beware Ben...drinking and driving can result in a disability which will not let you speak. Others will speak for you and determine you prefer to be denied nutrition and hydration rather than living the life you have left. Right Mike?
and some will stick their nose in and try and tell your spouse that they do not know what is best for you even though they know nothing about your wishes
lyingpolice

Tempe, AZ

#74 Feb 9, 2010
I see we have a bunch of misinformed citizens out there who think that the police are thier friends. What you do not know is that the police will outright lie on reports to get a conviction. It is a fact that Police sit outside of bars and pull over whoever they want to knowing that they can get a conviction even if that person drank just 2 beers. They also think it is their right to pull people over at late hours just because it is late. They also have a habit of attempting to intimidate people who simply ask what reason they pulled them over in the first place. So people, get over your "the cop is my buddy syndrome" and perhaps take a look at the errosion of your constitutional rights which is taking place before your eyes! Thanks and have a good day!
Sneaky

Tempe, AZ

#75 Sep 14, 2010
If u don't want to get pulled over for breaking the law then simply don't drive in Gilbert. Gilbert is the safest city in the state for a reason.
James D

Phoenix, AZ

#76 Sep 12, 2011
I live in Gilbert, and I have a very, very low opinion of the Gilbert PD. Rude, sneaky, if their mouths are moving, they're lying. I don't drink, so have never been pulled over for DUI, but I do believe that Gilbert PD has stumbled on a way to make money and they're milking it for all it's worth.
Despite the lack of bars, Gilbert Pd has FAR more DUI convictions per capita than about any other town because they have a vested financial interest, not because they're trying to prevent drinking and driving. I've read that they make tens of millions of dollars a year in dui fines and a cut of the impound fees.
Gilbert should publish stats on how much they're making off DUIs and other traffic tickets. That money should not be going to the city, it should be going to preventing drinking and driving and treatment programs.
Riley Smith

Phoenix, AZ

#77 Sep 12, 2011
Gilbert PD, WAYYY out of control. I have a friend who was in the passenger seat of a parked car, with a friend in the drivers seat. The friend admittedly had too much to drink, but she was not driving, she was a passenger. The Gilbert PD didn't care, they still charged her with DUI. She hired an attorney who took it to court, and LOST. The judge heard everything, heard that she was not driving, and was in the passenger seat, and STILL convicted.
The Gilbert police department and judges are not interested in reducing drinking and driving and DUI's. On the contrary, they want the money.
Riley Smith

Phoenix, AZ

#78 Sep 12, 2011
One more thing.... I cannot stress enough what one poster says.... the Gilbert Police are not your friend. Remember that the next time one of them pulls you over and says,'Do you know why I pulled you over?" They want you to say something incriminating. Can I search your vehicle? The answer should ALWAYS be NO. That police officer is not your friend, he is there to convict you of something, guilty or not. I'm very, very sorry to have to tell my chldren that, but I've heard nothing but horror stories of the Gilbert PD from scores of friends and families. Everyone I know has a terrible story about Gilbert PD.

Since: May 11

Houston, TX

#79 Sep 13, 2011
unamed firm's post is almost certainly satire.
In the know

United States

#80 Dec 6, 2011
Sounds like you are an arrogant cop who needs to have their bubble deflated. YOu are corrupt as all the cops are.
Larry

Lakeland, FL

#81 Dec 10, 2011
Why does the laws allow bars to have parking lots?
Answer #1: Good question!

Answer #2: It is the bar's private property.

Answer #3: For Entrapment and Revenue Making by the city and the police.

Corrective action:
The police have to wait until the person drives off the bar's private property before they can legally stop the person. So Before driving off the private property of the bars, stop look around for a police car. If you see one, park the care and wait it out and/or call a taxi or a friend. IT IS A LOT CHEAPER.
ChooChoo

Lewiston, NY

#82 Dec 10, 2011
Parking and waiting makes sense no matter where you are. The idiots that drink and drive kill thousands and deserve to be arrested. Think of all the parents that have and will lose children to drunks. Think of those who have lost a parent/ sibling/close friend/or spouse who will suffer the rest of their lives because some fool didn't have enough sense not to drink and drive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terri Schiavo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science" discovers consciousness in vegetative... Sep 16 kadamson 1
Terri Schiavo's brother, Bobby Schindler, to se... Aug '14 slinky 23
Obama-bashing ads by abortion foe Randall Terry... (Jun '11) Aug '14 kadamson 75
Terri Schiavo Was Unavailable For Comment Aug '14 kadamson 18
France's 'Terri Schiavo' wins reprieve as court... (Jan '14) Aug '14 kadamson 14
Terri Schiavo's Painful Deprivation of Food and... (Mar '09) Aug '14 kadamson 1,167
PET Scans Offer Clues on Vegetative States Aug '14 kadamson 15

Terri Schiavo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE