1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Feb 5, 2013

New Orleans, LA

#1 Feb 5, 2013
My sister and her child moved in with me last year after she lost her job. I have been providing a majority of finacial support for the household and she has given me permission to claim her child on my tax returns this year. I am unsure if I should do this because my brother's tax return was flagged two years ago when he carried her child and he repaid the money instead of fighting the review. My brother could not prove that the child lived with him at the time.I'm not sure why exactly. Will my return automatically be flagged because I am trying to carry the same child as he did when he was flagged?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home of rapper Young Buck raided by IRS in Sumn... (Aug '10) Aug 26 New Chat Host 19
Mt. Washington council passes property tax incr... (Oct '11) Aug 25 Hoover 240
State governments may be expanding wealth gap Aug 23 Coal 16
North Dakota man loses $9K in fake IRS call Aug 21 Sangelia 1
Upper Mount Bethel Township supervisors' vote t... Aug 21 JohnQ 1
Former Naperville resident, banker pleads guilt... Aug 13 NITiN 1
Taxpayer-Funded Illegal Immigrant Child Service... Aug 11 Commander Bunny 2
Enter and win $5000

Tax People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE