Obama: The Stimulus Worked

Obama: The Stimulus Worked

There are 44 comments on the Time story from Feb 17, 2014, titled Obama: The Stimulus Worked. In it, Time reports that:

U.S. President Barack Obama delivers his State of the Union speech on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 28, 2014.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Time.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Blue eyed devil

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Feb 17, 2014
Ya bama, things be just hunky dory.....you are
Delusional boy.... You have scared the hell out
Of big and small business, and you have made
A science out of job killing.

“THE LEFT IS ATTEMPTING A COUP”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#2 Feb 17, 2014
WHERE!!
DanCollins888

Bonney Lake, WA

#3 Feb 17, 2014
=====

May have worked for Muslim Brotherhood.

Funds have never been accounted for.

Impeach Obama!

=====

A lot of people say if Obama was White, he would have been impeached years ago.

They say Obama will not be impeached because he is Black.

KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid!

Impeach the "White" half of Obama. The Black half will follow.

=====

Simple "How To"...

Compile a list with abundant evidence of all crimes committed by present politicians, Democrat and Republican.

Present Articles of Impeachment.

Any politician who refuses to cooperate, has their file published to Wiki-Leaks.

Obama "White/Black/Muslim" will find in short order he has no friends in government.

Biden as a co-conpirator in treason will also be impeached.

=====
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#4 Feb 17, 2014
Shovel ready jobs! Yeah it worked all right.
d pantz

United States

#5 Feb 18, 2014
Because if a republican were president, the last 4 years would be even worse than one year we are always comparing this economy to. 2008. Which is Republicans fault, forget democrats in congress at that time or obama appointing a lot of the same people.
Angry White Male

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Feb 18, 2014
I tell you where all that money went....to get him
Reelected. Billions went to new groups just like
ACORN, and to these billboards and posters
All over our schools in order to brainwash the
Kids and make them compliant liberal voters.
Solid

United States

#8 Feb 18, 2014
If things are getting better where ? In Ky. We have lost thousands of coal jobs. We now have hospitals laying off . Everywhere you look there are businesses closed or closing .
In my neighborhood there are at least 30 homes that people have lost and are still vacant
We have complete malls closed , whole shopping centers closed and I'm not talking one are two I'm talking 15 - 20. And all of this with in 20 miles of my house . I guess that what CHANGE looks like
Solid

United States

#9 Feb 18, 2014
Not only are hospitals laying off but some are going to close for good . The news this morning hospital in lexington losing 70+ job this week. Damn Obama care
trial and error

Ogdensburg, NY

#10 Feb 18, 2014
Things are not getting better; there's no quality of life with zero equality of out come much less opportunity. The reasons for the stimulus package legislation are plausible and laudable, but the administrative manipulations by an elite intertwined with petty personal gain, raw self interest, and coupled with cronyism, nepotism, and local particularism, perpetrated by politicians and their minions, has all but crippled any benefit effect of the provisions pursuant to...
Generally, politicians interferred with the package disbursements for each state and their respective counties. Monies disbursed from fed to state to c ounty in large part were never applied to the actual and real creation of sustainable jobs or jobs that paid a living wage with some benefit format.
For example, the high unemployment and underemployment rates for 18 to 55 y/olds in NNY and in St. Lawrence County specifically, varies very little when compared and contrasted with overall "cost-benefit" analysis statistical measurements --**before and after the the federal stimulus legislation.
SLC has as many poor people, under employed people, and unemployed people as it had 40 years ago. Things have gotten worse here in gulag land.
The real question is how much money was allocated to NNY and specifically St. Lawrence County; and, what entity or entities received the stimulus funds; who administered these funds; did these disbursements of stimulus funds create sustainable full time employment with a living wage in NNY and SLC . How many of these jobs were created and exist currently? Answer is zero--the poor and veterans are left out of the equation--but many media sources offer either false or misleading information--like the CBS photo of the little boy in the Syrian desert all alone 2 days ago--now the full story comes out--he was with a very large group of people including family crossing the desert. Why delay or withhold the precise information? for effect on the public....
If you complain publically you get clobbered from every direction: civil and criminal courts, social services agencies, municipal collusions; all with the effect of destroying peoples lives by violating civil liberties and rights. There is no govt oversight unless it is politically expedient to do so.
Poor people have no hope or recourse and therefore resort to violent acts. It's hared to dissuade a poor person from committing a violent act when they have been pounded on by petty bureaucrats with immunity--judges, lawyers, prosecutors, APAs, etc., and jobs go to the connected.
Corruption and bureaucratic banality took precedence over creating sustainable full time employment with a living wage. NNY and SLC are part of a gulag economy with hyped up levels of law enforcement--a police state. The police are there to quell forcefully any real and substantial protest.
CTM

New Milford, CT

#11 Feb 18, 2014
Those who got paid for the health care website, solyndra, gun runners, illegal dumpers, crooked road contracts, israel, their economy is doing great while the U.S. taxpayer can't afford the taxes.
Solid

United States

#12 Feb 18, 2014
85 people lost there jobs at local hospital . Another job cut coming in June as hospital continues to close full closer expected by end of year. Obama care at its best
Solid

United States

#13 Feb 18, 2014
Local factory hiring full time 7.95 hr
In 2000 when I worked there the starting pay was
12.00 but now it mostly Mexicans
Solid

United States

#14 Feb 18, 2014
Jim beam sold to Japanese company to avoid bankruptcy
Over the last 5 years look at all the company's that have sold out to over sea company's to avoid going down that's not what I call better
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#15 Feb 18, 2014
Oh it really worked alright:
Since the stimulus labor participation rate went from 65.8 in Jan 09 to present day 63%
Jan 09 31.9 million Americans on food stamps now 47 million on food stamps.
92 million Americans are now out of the workforce.
No wonder Obozo is trying to get pot legal.If we all smoked it then we wouldn't care.
Solid

United States

#16 Feb 19, 2014
If its so good why the push to extend unemployment benefits , why the push to keep people on food stamps , for a minute lets give in to the dems . Ok the economy is wonderful so lets cut all the handouts nobody needs them JOBS are everywhere.
Why do we need ACA most jobs offer benefits so therefore nobody should be with out insurance being job are so plentiful ...
Solid

United States

#17 Feb 19, 2014
Instead of being the bad guy the GOP should feed off the democrats " facts " like how good thing are going we don't need handout anymore !!!
Solid

United States

#18 Feb 19, 2014
Democrats you are being called out
hah!

Phoenix, AZ

#19 Feb 19, 2014
It worked in Phoenix... Who could argue it's not better now than it was in 2006? Or that Voodoo economics as George Bush senior coined Reagan's economic plan is a failure... Trickle down (voodoo) economics is a twice proven failure.

Suck it up, enjoy the equity in your home values and the healthcare you now have because of Obama, think of the lives this bill is already saving...

I started a company in 2006, it's now grosses $1mill a year with 6 full time employees, I gave up my catastrophic health insurance plan for a platinum ACA plan, it saved me $8,000 this year.

I'm located in a retirement community, over the years I've seen numerous customers outlive their retirement, then they have one major surgery/illness, then they go bankrupt, and lose their homes. Obama saved that from happening to more seniors...

There are two instances or example that I'll never forget.
I witnessed a customer that lived in the wealthiest section of the valley (greater Phoenix), he was at the end of his life, he had 2 live in nurses at his home, this was not hospice, this person could afford to have 2 live in nurses
hah!

Phoenix, AZ

#20 Feb 19, 2014
The other is a man in the poorest side of Phoenix, he was in a wheelchair, he made a make shift catheter out of clear 1" tubing that was running to an ice tea bottle that was duct tapped to his wheel chair....

If the government wants to take a few shillings from the wealthiest to provide health care for the poorest, I'm fine with that.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#21 Feb 19, 2014
[QUOTE who="hah!"]The other is a man in the poorest side of Phoenix, he was in a wheelchair, he made a make shift catheter out of clear 1" tubing that was running to an ice tea bottle that was duct tapped to his wheel chair....
If the government wants to take a few shillings from the wealthiest to provide health care for the poorest, I'm fine with that.[/QUOTE]

Fourth Georgia hospital closes due to Obamacare payment cuts
9:27 PM 02/18/2014
The fourth Georgia hospital in two years is closing its doors due to severe financial difficulties caused by Obamacare’s payment cuts for emergency services.

The Lower Oconee Community Hospital is, for now, a critical access hospital in southeastern Georgia that holds 25 beds. The hospital is suffering from serious cash-flow problems, largely due to the area’s 23 percent uninsured population, and hopes to reopen as “some kind of urgent care center,” CEO Karen O’Neal said.

Many hospitals in the 25 states that rejected the Medicaid expansion are facing similar financial problems. Liberal administration ally Think Progress has already faulted Georgia for not expanding Medicaid as Obamacare envisioned.

But the reality is more complicated. The federal government has historically made payments to hospitals to cover the cost of uninsured patients seeking free medical care in emergency rooms, as federal law mandates that hospitals must care for all patients regardless of their ability to pay.

Because the Affordable Care Act’s authors believed they’d forced all states to implement the Medicaid expansion, Obamacare vastly cut hospital payments, the Associated Press reports.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In Wichita, Kobach blasts funding for illegal i... 5 hr ardith 2
News Who Would Enjoy Tax Breaks Under The GOP Health... Thu Putins Glock Holster 89
News Republicans plan massive tax code overhaul (Dec '16) Jul 15 hand me a fish 30
News Tax story puts spotlight on MSNBC's Rachel Maddow Jul 15 Defeat democrats 4
News West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice Blasts New Capit... Jul 13 that guy 2
News Vigo may seek 0.75 percent local income tax hike Jul 9 Fair 11
News 'Aggressive excellence' lawyer Ken McKenna face... (Sep '10) Jul 1 op greylord 18
More from around the web