Mt. Washington council passes propert...

Mt. Washington council passes property tax increase

There are 249 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Oct 25, 2011, titled Mt. Washington council passes property tax increase. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

The Mount Washington City Council voted Monday to raise real estate and personal property taxes for 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

rex

United States

#61 Mar 26, 2012
true true true true true
rex

United States

#62 Mar 27, 2012
Toes to toes and noise to noise, what an outstanding group......puke
troy

United States

#63 Mar 29, 2012
rex wrote:
Toes to toes and noise to noise, what an outstanding group......puke
sin sin sin on main street
Mr Clean

United States

#64 Mar 29, 2012
mayor-lets spend some of that tax increase on a worth while project. its spring cleanup time get the street sweeper going before it rusts away

the city is dirty and looks it
Hoover

United States

#65 Mar 30, 2012
where's the sweeper??????????
Rex

United States

#66 Mar 31, 2012
Hoover wrote:
Just like our city leaders, waiting and waiting!
Jamie

United States

#67 Apr 2, 2012
Rex wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like our city leaders, waiting and waiting!
partly true, don't forget spending an spending.

berry armstrong for mayor
Hiccup

United States

#68 Apr 4, 2012
Who??? for Mayor!
Hoover

United States

#69 Apr 5, 2012
Hiccup wrote:
Who??? for Mayor!
Not this person. He's been living off the tax tayers for too long (35+ years). Tax payers have received nothing to show for all his years of "service" except more spending.

Armstrong along with Gentry and Dooley raised the Mayor's salary stating, it would bring better candidates for mayor. What did we get, Calhoun, and now Berry states he's running. Sounds and looks like they had it all planned out from the start. After Berry look for Gentry. Good old boy's network.

By the way, the Mayor's increase was the real reason for the city tax increase. Very dishonest, can't believe a word they say.
Rex

United States

#70 Apr 6, 2012
Hoover wrote:
<quoted text>
Not this person. He's been living off the tax tayers for too long (35+ years). Tax payers have received nothing to show for all his years of "service" except more spending.
Armstrong along with Gentry and Dooley raised the Mayor's salary stating, it would bring better candidates for mayor. What did we get, Calhoun, and now Berry states he's running. Sounds and looks like they had it all planned out from the start. After Berry look for Gentry. Good old boy's network.
By the way, the Mayor's increase was the real reason for the city tax increase. Very dishonest, can't believe a word they say.
true!
Bing

United States

#71 Apr 6, 2012
YO wrote:
And to the best of my knowledge Griffin does not even own a home he is a RENTER so why should he even have a say? I believe you should own a home or at least some property within the city limits to run for city office!!!!!
Hey YO HO you should not be allowed to be on the city council or mayor if you have relitives working for the city. Now that is a conflict of intrest
Bing

United States

#72 Apr 6, 2012
Navajo wrote:
Thank You Dennis Griffin and Shot Dooley for considering the tax payer when you voted NO for the property tax increase.
Shame on you Berry Armstrong, Greg Gentry, Gayle Troutman and Sandra Hockenbury for voting YES to further Calhoun's wasted spending and greed.
Voter will remember this at election time!
Yes They gave themselves all a raise and then blamed the police for the cause of the tax increase. I have never seen such dislike for the police by the mayor and armstrong, our police officers are doing a great service for the city. The real reason for the tax increase is the high mayors salary,$60,000 a year. GRIFFEN FOR MAYOR!! and We need a new council.
Ben

United States

#73 Apr 6, 2012
Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget you, re-election, it's a done deal, relatives and friends, thank you.
Term Limits!!!!!
sarcastic1

Pewee Valley, KY

#74 Apr 6, 2012
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Term Limits!!!!!
AMEN TO TERM LIMITS!!!
That goes for ALL political offices,
Local, state and national...
Rex

United States

#75 Apr 7, 2012
sarcastic1 wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN TO TERM LIMITS!!!
That goes for ALL political offices,
Local, state and national...
Actually they currently are working under terms limits!

The good old boys & girls have an agreement. Calhoun wins for two terms and next it's Armstromg turn for two terms.
You might call it political incest, or, screwing the tax payers without informing them. It takes a lot of moral chracter by continuing to suck the city tax dollars dry without really earning them. And to top that off, show up for Sunday services with that holier than thou attitude.
But you must take into consideration, outside of family, a lot of dumb butts continue to vote for them.
Life in the country!
Hiccup

United States

#76 Apr 7, 2012
I'd vote the mare, understands how to get around possible DUI charges. HICCUP! HICCUP! HICCUP!
concerned resident

United States

#77 Apr 7, 2012
Navajo wrote:
Thank You Dennis Griffin and Shot Dooley for considering the tax payer when you voted NO for the property tax increase.
Shame on you Berry Armstrong, Greg Gentry, Gayle Troutman and Sandra Hockenbury for voting YES to further Calhoun's wasted spending and greed.
Voter will remember this at election time!
I was at this meeting and watched armstrong act like a 2 year old child when griffin made a motion to remove the tax increase he lost his cool and was ready pick up his toys and go home. That night neither him or the mayor had a reason for the increase. Amazingly by the next meeting they both had a reason, The Police.
The last council for which the mayor blamed did not rasie taxes for 2 years, new businesses were moving into mt washington every week. with this council we have already had 2 tax increases and more to come and businesses are closing their doors left and right. Do we need a new council, I think so. Griffen is the only one on the council who is for the residents of MTW. He should run for mayor and get it all straghten out. Just my opiniom.
Hiccup

United States

#78 Apr 7, 2012
concerned resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at this meeting and watched armstrong act like a 2 year old child when griffin made a motion to remove the tax increase he lost his cool and was ready pick up his toys and go home. That night neither him or the mayor had a reason for the increase. Amazingly by the next meeting they both had a reason, The Police.
The last council for which the mayor blamed did not rasie taxes for 2 years, new businesses were moving into mt washington every week. with this council we have already had 2 tax increases and more to come and businesses are closing their doors left and right. Do we need a new council, I think so. Griffen is the only one on the council who is for the residents of MTW. He should run for mayor and get it all straghten out. Just my opiniom.
I'll drink to that..........the Mayor's has her way with the council and that's by family design voting.
She has Berry's vote, those two are always in bed on every issue. Gentry's s-son is a Mt Washington policmen, Gayle's x-daughter-in-law is a Mt Washington policewomen and we all know Hockenbury's husband is on the Mt Washington police force. They are NOT going to go against her knowing full well she would fire their relatives in a heart beat. She using them for personal gain, like $59,000 a year. HICCUP! HICCUP! HICCUP!
sin sin

United States

#79 Apr 8, 2012
merciful Lord, she at it again!! sin sin
Citizen

New Albany, IN

#80 Apr 8, 2012
concerned resident wrote:
<quoted text>
rumors around town is that the next mayor's race will be between Griffin and Armstrong

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News COMMENTARY: Donald Trump and a comprehensive pl... 21 hr Wildchild 12
News look Villa Park Library could emerge from April... Wed Colonel Cracker 1
News Give Monthly Help fund our ministry programs Jan 13 Pray for polluters 1
News Weston again considers loan to repay IRS (Jul '10) Jan 11 R Scott Mick 30
News Van Wert residents will be asked tough question... Jan 11 SashaStarr 29
News Canadian Taxpayersa Federation releases New Yea... Jan 9 Walter 4
News Our Opinion: Furniture market's earlier start b... Jan 7 Marketing Furniture 10
More from around the web