Romney's 47% Comments Show Gap From Bush-Era Republicans

Sep 19, 2012 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.businessweek.com

“The working people who don’t pay income tax, that is by and large the result of Republican policies,”

Eleven years ago, eliminating income taxes for low-income Americans was an applause line for a Republican president.

The Republican presidential candidate’s comments that 47 percent of Americans don’t pay income taxes and see themselves as “victims” dependent on the government signifies a shift in the party’s thinking. Republicans backed refundable tax credits and expanded entitlement programs under George W. Bush. Now they want to curtail entitlements and require more people to pay taxes.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Sep 25, 2012

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Geeorge W Bush's remark on Remney's attack on the Bush adminisration:

"Well, he says this an that, an y'all know what we mean; but when, but when, but, uh um, somethin like this comes down the road, y'gota roll with it. That's the unnnnnnag goo, the while, uh uh which story now."

<NOTE: satire warning for the dense.>

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

In 2001, Bush promoted his tax cut to the public in part because it would prevent some people from paying taxes.

“People with the smallest incomes will get the highest percentage of reductions,” Bush said in his first speech to Congress on Feb. 27, 2001.“And millions of additional American families will be removed from the income tax rolls entirely.”
liza

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

The dems get dumber every second, those
in the east are just waiting and showing you
what has happened. What is going to
happen to you and your leader. Keep up
your blame crap, you have done it for yrs..
Where is it getting you....Dumb and dumber.
liza

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

When you gave common sense and every bit of
compassion away to a dictator, you ask for what
your getting, think hunger and freedom will escape you? Do your dirty deeds and see....Our ambassador
didn't think it was his last day either. Oh, Obama
has forgot it already, "campaigning", He will
forget you too..."A NY MIN.?
Talks shows and you can run a country. JUST
what is important to you? 47% on government
payroll or the reason Mitt told you WHY...
Can't stand those who have not sense.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Just more billshyt.

The country has the MSM carrying water for Obama... Topix has Mr_Bill.
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

liza wrote:
When you gave common sense and every bit of
compassion away to a dictator, you ask for what
your getting, think hunger and freedom will escape you? Do your dirty deeds and see....Our ambassador
didn't think it was his last day either. Oh, Obama
has forgot it already, "campaigning", He will
forget you too..."A NY MIN.?
Talks shows and you can run a country. JUST
what is important to you? 47% on government
payroll or the reason Mitt told you WHY...
Can't stand those who have not sense.
Obvious the schools in Clarksburg W. Va are not the best!
notindividuals

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

The focus should be on what the big corporations pay or don't pay and NOT THE INDIVIDUALS. If an executive makes a millions a year I'm fine with that, no taxes. If a corporation makes BILLIONS that is what should be taxed. But how can individuals making less than a 100K per year be paying more in taxes than a corporation like GE paying no taxes while outsourcing, laying off AND taking federal money?

They keep on outsourcing and yet use the montra of low taxes equals more jobs. Perhaps with small regional businesses but not for the big national companies.

Don't get sucked into the class warfare it should be about taxes on big business who has done a large chunk of damage to this economy. They got too big to fail and want to remain too to fail off of tax breaks and charity ie grants etc.

I don't get fooled by the rhetoric of oh the shareholders would lose out. I'm a shareholder and I'd rather recieve dividends and distributions as an individual that are not taxable. So what if the corporation has to pay before dividends, the individual won't have to. It's like pay me now or pay me later.

Don't get sucked into the class warfare games. Money is not evil. A PERSON who has SOME money or more money that others is not evil. Class warfare is a corporate diversion to keep money in the hands of too big to fail companies.
Mont Blanc Pens

Seoul, Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

<P>Many people as being a entire box involving sweets or perhaps flower like a present besides these types of there are numerous people who do not think about blossom as well as chocolates since magnificent surprise exactly where Mont Blanc pencil will likely be valued through all as a present They are many [url=http://www.cheapmbpens.co m/mont-blanc-meisterstuck-pen- c-7.html]Mont Blanc Meisterstuck[/url] of the most severe VOCs in terms of individual health conditionsSeveral Recording as much information as you can will [url=http://www.cheapmbpens.co m/mont-blanc-starwalker-resin- pencil-p-149.html]Mont Blanc Pencil[/url]allow you to publish far more posts in the future There are also many types that can permit uncomplicated replacing of inks (chunyan)cheapmontblancpenssal e.us

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••