Mitt Romney: Nearly half of Americans...

Mitt Romney: Nearly half of Americans don't pay income tax, 'believe they are victims'

There are 14 comments on the The Washington Post story from Sep 17, 2012, titled Mitt Romney: Nearly half of Americans don't pay income tax, 'believe they are victims'. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Already scrambling to steady a struggling campaign, Republican Mitt Romney confronted a new headache Monday after a video surfaced showing him telling wealthy donors that almost half of all Americans "believe they are victims" entitled to extensive government support.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Semper Fi 4 life

Terril, IA

#1 Sep 17, 2012
Nearly half of Americans don't pay income tax? So which half does Mitt belong to?
The End of Days

Pittsfield, MA

#2 Sep 17, 2012
Liberal Regressives won't be laughing for much longer when the labor force continues to shrink and welfare programs dry up because of less tax receipts and Chicago union thuggery looking for even MORE money.
Maybe then this President will finally accept this as HIS economy.

“I'd rather be snowmobiling”

Since: Oct 07

8120'

#3 Sep 17, 2012
Pack it up, Rmoney. You hate 1/2 of US and we hate the people you are the front for.
4 more years of the Bamster. Yay?

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#4 Sep 17, 2012
What Mitt Romney said is factual and it has only gotten worse under the self-serving marxist man-child b. h. obama...Those who are working and paying for the blood suckers know what Mitt Romney was saying...
By the time the obama media propagandists are done with Romney he will have murdered another woman and Ryan will have pushed another granny in a wheelchair over a cliff...preposterous.
Never mind the incompetence of obama/hilliary ignoring warnings in Libya that resulted in the horrific deaths of 4 Americans...That's an obamanation.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Sep 17, 2012
Semper Fi 4 life wrote:
Nearly half of Americans don't pay income tax? So which half does Mitt belong to?
Like me, he belongs to the half supporting those that don't pay any taxes.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#6 Sep 17, 2012
Semper Fi 4 life wrote:
Attention half baked!!! Judging by your dribble Mitt Romney belongs to the half who pull the wagon you ride in...libelous douchebagger.
Once again, Semper: "always." Always: "forever." 4 life falls short of the meaning of always or forever...Capice?
Semper Fi 4 life

Terril, IA

#7 Sep 17, 2012
BO Non stop Media Farting

Denver, CO

#8 Sep 17, 2012
"Victims" entitled to extensive government support like Sandra Fluke invited as a DNC speaker who is past 30 already and thinks the government should fund her entertainment with free contraception and free abortions?

He's right. It's not just welfare anymore. 47% of Americans want the other 53% to pay higher taxes than they ALREADY PAY and pick up their tab. MSNBC is one of the 47%, they paid 0 taxes in 2010 and agitate for Barack to stay on by farting gas ALL DAY.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#9 Sep 17, 2012
According to a 2007 Campbell Public Affairs institute survey (PDF),“Democrats are more likely to have used government programs, and much more supportive of government doing more about inequality (74.9 percent) and using government as the vehicle to take action (37.9 percent).” Given a choice between the two parties, 63 percent of welfare recipients go Democratic, 67 percent of food-stamp users, 74 percent of those on Medicaid, and 81 percent of those in public housing.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#10 Sep 17, 2012
How 'bout we get the 47% to pay their 'fair share'? just for one tax season. We take the US budget and divide it by adult Us citizens and, since we all get the same amount of gov't, that would be the 'fair share'.

let's see after that year where most Us citizens would not be able to even come close to their fair share if we hear that pathetic whining again.

maybe those of us pulling the cart would even forgive their debt for that yeat if they would just shut the flock up!
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#12 Sep 17, 2012
twostroketerror wrote:
Pack it up, Rmoney. You hate 1/2 of US and we hate the people you are the front for.
4 more years of the Bamster. Yay?
I guess you really don't understand the truth when you hear it. You must be one of the 47% sitting on your ass doing nothing but sucking up good air. Romney is correct most of those voting for bozo are the uneducated, be they black, white,or brown that want the government to give them everything, food, clothing, shelter and money in their pockets for doing nothing. Because they feel it's owed to them for being born. Well for my part I have nothing but disgust for them and you.
Say the Truth

San Jose, CA

#13 Sep 18, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
What Mitt Romney said is factual and it has only gotten worse under the self-serving marxist man-child b. h. obama...Those who are working and paying for the blood suckers know what Mitt Romney was saying...
By the time the obama media propagandists are done with Romney he will have murdered another woman and Ryan will have pushed another granny in a wheelchair over a cliff...preposterous.
Never mind the incompetence of obama/hilliary ignoring warnings in Libya that resulted in the horrific deaths of 4 Americans...That's an obamanation.
Come now, that's incorrect. The Islamic Autumn is the result of an obscure 13 minute anti-Islam YouTube video that no one watched, including the Obama administration liars.

“I'd rather be snowmobiling”

Since: Oct 07

8120'

#14 Sep 18, 2012
EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you really don't understand the truth when you hear it. You must be one of the 47% sitting on your ass doing nothing but sucking up good air. Romney is correct most of those voting for bozo are the uneducated, be they black, white,or brown that want the government to give them everything, food, clothing, shelter and money in their pockets for doing nothing. Because they feel it's owed to them for being born. Well for my part I have nothing but disgust for them and you.
Pay a lot of US taxes in Thailand, do ya? Well, I gots me a jobby-job, pay me up my Federal, State, County & City taxes too! I'm not in the +$250,000 " middle class" but I get by govt assistance-free,thanks.
BTW, there's only ONE thing US males travel to Bangkok for, and that IS disgusting!

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#15 Sep 18, 2012
Semper Fi 4 life wrote:
moocher victim hey

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary, Bill Clinton earn more than $139M betw... 2 min serfs up 61
News Manhunt in Memphis continues after officer, 33,... 15 hr Go Blue Forever 47
News NAACP's 'Journey for Justice' protest march beg... Sun Le Jimbo 3
News Harper Government helps young people in Edmonto... Aug 1 JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 1
News House to Obama: Fire the head of the IRS or we'... Jul 30 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
News Clinton charities will refile tax returns, audi... Jul 30 Le Jimbo 187
News Chaffetz asks Obama to fire IRS chief Koskinen ... Jul 29 Ross 2
More from around the web