Fact Check: Is Romney's tax rate real...

Fact Check: Is Romney's tax rate really lower than yours?

There are 13 comments on the www.foxnews.com story from Sep 26, 2012, titled Fact Check: Is Romney's tax rate really lower than yours?. In it, www.foxnews.com reports that:

President Obama's campaign, with a good dose of help from the media, is pushing a claim that millionaire Mitt Romney is taxed at a "lower rate" than someone making $50,000 a year. The Tax Foundation estimated in a report in January that Romney's rate in 2010 -- which was also about 14 percent -- was higher than what 97 percent of Americans pay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.foxnews.com.

“Way down, in Columbus Georgia”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 26, 2012
Obama cannot do or say anything that is truthful.
On top of being a dismally ineffective president, a man lacking even basic leaderships traits, he now shows he lack character too.

Since: Feb 12

Mystic, CT

#2 Sep 26, 2012
Interesting article, I know all campaigns stretch the truth but Obama 2012 is outright lying.
Frank

Columbus, GA

#3 Sep 26, 2012
The whole how much tax does Romney pay is irrelevant, they are doing it just because of the MASSIVE unemployment and the Obamanomic economy.
Obama is a walking disaster area and anyone who votes for him should have their head examined.
Smith Station Panthers

Pittsview, AL

#4 Sep 27, 2012
Frank wrote:
The whole how much tax does Romney pay is irrelevant, they are doing it just because of the MASSIVE unemployment and the Obamanomic economy.
Obama is a walking disaster area and anyone who votes for him should have their head examined.
I agree, I think its a diversion
GOVERNMENT CHEESE

Columbus, GA

#5 Sep 27, 2012
COME ON people, line up to gets YOUR FREE government COMMODITIES, YOU CAN get your free OBAMA PHONE too.
SWIPE SWIPE SWIPE that EBT card before ROMNEY gets elected.

Since: Sep 12

Dalton, GA

#6 Sep 27, 2012
For the record....Mitt Romney gets a better tax break than most Americans because of his interest income from his investments. All interest income that is not tax exempt is taxed at 15%. No matter how much he earns.
Stanley

Columbus, GA

#7 Sep 27, 2012
Smith Station Panthers wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I think its a diversion
Yep
Romney

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Sep 28, 2012
I love it,you idiots really do worship honor and respect us rich folk. That's the only way we can stay on top but now Obama is trying his best to make us pay what we should have all along. It ain't fair I'll tell you it just ain't fair.
Camper

Columbus, GA

#9 Sep 28, 2012
Romney wrote:
I love it,you idiots really do worship honor and respect us rich folk. That's the only way we can stay on top but now Obama is trying his best to make us pay what we should have all along. It ain't fair I'll tell you it just ain't fair.
You are SO stupid, it's about Obama being incapable of doing his job.
Obama ain't hurting the rich fool, he's screwing the middle class and working people.
Wake up or wise up.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Oct 1, 2012
To all republicans we won't try and understand um, will just tie, rope and brand um. Your losing GET over it!
Stanley

Columbus, GA

#11 Oct 1, 2012
Camper wrote:
<quoted text>
You are SO stupid, it's about Obama being incapable of doing his job.
Obama ain't hurting the rich fool, he's screwing the middle class and working people.
Wake up or wise up.
Obama will have a gun to there head and they'd vote for him to pull the trigger, they are Obama's sheep.

Since: Feb 12

Mystic, CT

#12 Oct 1, 2012
Romney released his taxes and the democrats saw how much he paid AND how much he gave to charity...now no one wants to discuss it anymore...

“Pair of Socks”

Since: Dec 06

.Beats an Ace High

#13 Oct 1, 2012
I bought my First Southern Company at $12.31 a share, Could have Shot a TAxi Cab Driver Instead I guess,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republicans plan massive tax code overhaul (Dec '16) Jul 15 hand me a fish 30
News Tax story puts spotlight on MSNBC's Rachel Maddow Jul 15 Defeat democrats 4
News West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice Blasts New Capit... Jul 13 that guy 2
News Who Would Enjoy Tax Breaks Under The GOP Health... Jul 13 Red Crosse 87
News Vigo may seek 0.75 percent local income tax hike Jul 9 Fair 11
News 'Aggressive excellence' lawyer Ken McKenna face... (Sep '10) Jul 1 op greylord 18
News look Villa Park Library could emerge from April... (Jan '17) Jun 29 Sick of stupid 2
More from around the web