Mitt Romney, the 47 percent, and Repu...

Mitt Romney, the 47 percent, and Republican anti-tax orthodoxy

There are 1 comment on the Daily Kos story from Sep 23, 2012, titled Mitt Romney, the 47 percent, and Republican anti-tax orthodoxy. In it, Daily Kos reports that:

Given the current course of the 2012 presidential campaign, the leak of the following remarks from a private fundraiser may forever be known in political circles as the event that stopped the downward spiral of the Romney campaign, and sent it straight down the drain instead: Romney's first and most obvious problem is the declaration that were he ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Kos.

DGarr

Riverton, UT

#1 Sep 23, 2012
I am part of Mr. Romney's 53%.
I have worked hard all my life. And I pay taxes. Lots of taxes.

I have never received food stamps, but never begrudged helping those who needed them. I have never needed to use unemployment insurance, but never thought it "wrong" to use something that individuals pay into for just such emergencies. I have never used Medicare, but believe it is a good system I have paid for and that, with careful management, will be there when I need it. I have yet to take social security, but have paid into it my whole working life and expect and demand that it be there for me and for my children and grandchildren.

I am sick of Mr. Romney.
His vision of America is NOT mine.
And want him to go very far away very very soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Allentown woman sentenced to prison for $4M tax... 14 hr weaponX 4
News Let's be clear: Eliminating Maine's education s... Jun 20 longtail 1
News In Wichita, Kobach blasts funding for illegal i... Jun 11 spytheweb 1
News Lawmakers ponder overriding governor on taxes i... Jun 7 BHM5267 2
News Trump calls to cut off tax breaks for illegal i... Jun 5 AmerPie Gorilla 24
News 'Aggressive excellence' lawyer Ken McKenna face... (Sep '10) Jun 1 Shadylane127 16
News South Carolinaa s poor take a hit in Trump budg... May 27 Mary Banco 1
More from around the web