Second IRS official resigns after sca...

Second IRS official resigns after scandal

There are 61 comments on the USA Today story from May 16, 2013, titled Second IRS official resigns after scandal. In it, USA Today reports that:

President Obama said Thursday he is naming a trusted White House budget official, Daniel Werfel, to serve as his new acting IRS commissioner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Furlough Obama Now

Medford, NY

#1 May 17, 2013
"Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practice to deceive!"
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#3 May 17, 2013
Another high ranking IRS guy who knew of the targeting. Just what is the chance that these high level guys at the IRS knew about the targeting and none of them mentioned it to anyone at the white house. Not a chance, Obama's people knew, did you listen to his first public comment about it. With out being ask he made sure he in no uncertain terms said he did not know about it. And when being asked by a reporter if others in the white house knew he ducked the question and said again in no uncertain terms that he did not know about it. Intimidation is a favorite tactic of the Obama administration and what better attack dog than the IRS.
BandMaster

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#4 May 17, 2013
Obama must have gone to the Tiger Woods School of Cheating. Barack is the one who implemented this IRS scheme. Who's kidding Who here? We should have a DOUBLE IMPEACHMENT hearing for this AND Benghazi. Obama can't just keep saying "I KNOW NOTHING!!!! He is as guilty as hell. Someone has to come out and nail him because he will lie to high heaven until somebody does. Then it's over. It's coming. It's coming very soon.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#5 May 17, 2013
BandMaster wrote:
Obama must have gone to the Tiger Woods School of Cheating. Barack is the one who implemented this IRS scheme. Who's kidding Who here? We should have a DOUBLE IMPEACHMENT hearing for this AND Benghazi. Obama can't just keep saying "I KNOW NOTHING!!!! He is as guilty as hell. Someone has to come out and nail him because he will lie to high heaven until somebody does. Then it's over. It's coming. It's coming very soon.
There is more to come, the Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#6 May 17, 2013
These high officials from IRS are NOT being FIRED from their jobs - they are retiring from the government - they will get good retirement pension or being reassigned to another position. Obama's fake mad spell was put on. The one that was acting IRA Chief was to leave in June - so he left 2 weeks early from the position. Big deal

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#7 May 17, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more to come, the Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation.
She also got a 103,000 dollar bonus for her part in attacking conservative and pro life groups.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#8 May 17, 2013
Obama pays well when his bots toe the line and do his dirty work.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#9 May 17, 2013
So when is the IRS's REAL boss going to resign ? You know, the one who supposedly knew nothing (Hogans heros Sgt Schultz impression) but learns everything from the obama news orgs ? It's past time for that inept lying sack to go back to chithole chicago.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#10 May 17, 2013
lolol wrote:
So when is the IRS's REAL boss going to resign ? You know, the one who supposedly knew nothing (Hogans heros Sgt Schultz impression) but learns everything from the obama news orgs ? It's past time for that inept lying sack to go back to chithole chicago.
TO: Obama bin Lying………..

ACTIONS speak louder than words. you can apologize over and over, but if your action don’t change, the words become meaningless.

We have had four years of apologies, yet nothing changes. What was it you said in one of your many campaign speeches. WORDS, JUST WORDS.......
conservative crapola

Easton, PA

#11 May 17, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
ACTIONS speak louder than words. you can apologize over and over, but if your action don’t change, the words become meaningless.
We have had four years of apologies, yet nothing changes. What was it you said in one of your many campaign speeches. WORDS, JUST WORDS.......
A great reason to never let another repukelicon in the WH. Ever.
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Richmond, IN

#12 May 17, 2013
Just another non issue that enables more posturing by pathetic right wing losers. How come no one bitched when the IRS did the same thing to liberal groups under reagan and nixon?
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#13 May 17, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
A great reason to never let another repukelicon in the WH. Ever.
The destruction Obama has done to America there may never be another Dem in the WH. It is really strange that no Dem can remember anything when caught.
conservative crapola

Easton, PA

#14 May 17, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The destruction Obama has done to America there may never be another Dem in the WH. It is really strange that no Dem can remember anything when caught.
Increase your aricept. You've forgotten the flubs disaster.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#15 May 17, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Increase your aricept. You've forgotten the flubs disaster.
Nothing like the Dems flubs - the only ones the IRS did not attack was the Dems. They even got Billy/Franklin Graham. The Dems are showing signs of HITLER.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#16 May 17, 2013
Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
Just another non issue that enables more posturing by pathetic right wing losers. How come no one bitched when the IRS did the same thing to liberal groups under reagan and nixon?
Nixon resigned because of Watergate. Do some research.
Beachlady

Inverness, FL

#17 May 17, 2013
I have never seen so many people with such bad memories, are we sure we want these people who are lacking any memory at all to serve in some of the highest jobs in America. My Grandfather had a bad memory at 101.We start off with the number 1 liar,Obama. If he lies on a daily basis and we know he does why should we expect his underlings to any more than their leader. I have lived for a long time and for me every administration lies but this one gets the "Washington DC sewer award" for telling the shittiest lies yet and the most unbelievable.
Beachlady

Inverness, FL

#18 May 17, 2013
BandMaster wrote:
Obama must have gone to the Tiger Woods School of Cheating. Barack is the one who implemented this IRS scheme. Who's kidding Who here? We should have a DOUBLE IMPEACHMENT hearing for this AND Benghazi. Obama can't just keep saying "I KNOW NOTHING!!!! He is as guilty as hell. Someone has to come out and nail him because he will lie to high heaven until somebody does. Then it's over. It's coming. It's coming very soon.
Tiger could take some lessons from this freak. Obama doesn't even care any more if we know he is lying. He is an arrogant POS and all shit ends up on that riverboat ride we call a sewer. He needs to go.As if he has ever done the job he was hired to do.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#19 May 17, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
A great reason to never let another repukelicon in the WH. Ever.
IRS HID PROBE UNTIL AFTER ELECTION

IRS stalled conservative groups, but gave speedy approval to Obama foundation...
'Absolutely Not Illegal'...

'IS THIS STILL AMERICA?'
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Atlanta, GA

#20 May 17, 2013
Robert wrote:
Another high ranking IRS guy who knew of the targeting. Just what is the chance that these high level guys at the IRS knew about the targeting and none of them mentioned it to anyone at the white house. Not a chance, Obama's people knew, did you listen to his first public comment about it. With out being ask he made sure he in no uncertain terms said he did not know about it. And when being asked by a reporter if others in the white house knew he ducked the question and said again in no uncertain terms that he did not know about it. Intimidation is a favorite tactic of the Obama administration and what better attack dog than the IRS.
Blah, blah, blah....

. Do you understand that most of those IRS officials have been hired or appointed by the Bush/Cheney/Karl Rove cabal

. Cheney's folks now supporting Obama? Why?

More dishonest GOP conspiracy theories trying to bloody up the Negro president

. GOP appointed IRS officials were apparently going after T-party groups to protect GOP incumbents from T-party candidates like Todd Akin, Sharron Angle and Christine O'Donnell....

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#21 May 17, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah....
. Do you understand that most of those IRS officials have been hired or appointed by the Bush/Cheney/Karl Rove cabal
. Cheney's folks now supporting Obama? Why?
More dishonest GOP conspiracy theories trying to bloody up the Negro president
. GOP appointed IRS officials were apparently going after T-party groups to protect GOP incumbents from T-party candidates like Todd Akin, Sharron Angle and Christine O'Donnell....
Careful pookie, your nose will grow. These are Obama appointees and new hires. Of course unless you can proove that the ones involved in the coruption and crooked dealings were hired by Bush's administration.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP not interested in health care for us Thu Bug 2
2016 extension question Aug 15 jetlag1946 1
News Court temporarily blocks change in California r... Aug 14 Solarman 1
News Tax story puts spotlight on MSNBC's Rachel Maddow Aug 13 NymeriaStark 6
News Texas side's proposed budget calls for property... Aug 9 Wow 1
News IRS workers, watchdog in IRS scrutiny case to f... (Jul '13) Aug 6 C Kersey 6
News WSJ Heard On The Street: Caterpillar raid is a ... Jul 31 Operator NumberTwo 2
More from around the web