Romney floats tax deductions cap idea...

Romney floats tax deductions cap idea resembling one from Obama

There are 255 comments on the Reuters story from Oct 3, 2012, titled Romney floats tax deductions cap idea resembling one from Obama. In it, Reuters reports that:

Republican presidential candidate and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney pauses while speaking at a campaign rally in Denver, Colorado October 1, 2012 ahead of his first debate with President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#227 Oct 6, 2012
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know what he said, your like all the Liberals -make up lies to boost Obama failing ratings.
Typical Republican does not want to hear the true facts. You not competent enough to look it up on the internet?
see the light

United States

#229 Oct 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's "failing ratings" are higher than draft dodger Romney's.
You do understand how majority opinion rules, eh?
Not counting Bush's election.
Now your'e gonna make up the majority? You guys stop at nothing. Do you not have any pride?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#230 Oct 6, 2012
obarry wrote:
<quoted text>
Has obama decided what he stands for yet?
Compared to the five positions Romney has taken on the woman's right to choose?
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#231 Oct 8, 2012
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>You guys made up the flip flop. Name one speech that Romney is saying that.
“I’m not familiar with precisely what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was,” Romney said today.“I’ll go back and take a look at what was said there.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/...
see the light

United States

#232 Oct 8, 2012
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
“I’m not familiar with precisely what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was,” Romney said today.“I’ll go back and take a look at what was said there.”
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/...
That's not proving that he said it. Give me a speech where those words are spoken. Can't huh, cause your ly'n.

Location hidden

#233 Oct 8, 2012
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>That's not proving that he said it. Give me a speech where those words are spoken. Can't huh, cause your ly'n.
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

I see... draft dodger Romney's ***EXACT*** words don't count.
see the light

United States

#234 Oct 8, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!
Your'e making something up. He didn't even say that. You can't find it anywhere.ha,ha LOL
see the light

United States

#235 Oct 8, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!
He'd stand by it, if he ever said it. But you guys lie constantly. Not one thing is true.

Location hidden

#236 Oct 8, 2012
see the light wrote:
But you guys lie constantly. Not one thing is true.
You have the EXACT quote, with the source, and you still insist the EXACT QUOTE isn't true.

'nuff said.

Location hidden

#237 Oct 8, 2012
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Your'e making something up. He didn't even say that. You can't find it anywhere.ha,ha LOL
Right, you have the exact quote and the source, and when your boy rides you home, you will insist you aren't gay.

Just experimenting...

Got it.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#238 Oct 8, 2012
Dirtbag Romney's tax deduction crappola would make the 47% he pisses on the 65% he pisses on.

Dirtbag Romney, the filthiest human on the planet aside from the other Republiscum garbage, is a walking LIE. He cannot talk but he LIES.

Romeny = LIAR. It is basic math which is way beyond what Dirtbag Romney provides his servile, sniveling, cowardly, racist supporters. All Dirtbag Romney provides is vaseline and an order to permanently bend over.

Location hidden

#239 Oct 8, 2012
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>He'd stand by it, if he ever said it. But you guys lie constantly. Not one thing is true.
Stop posting you serf. Your orders are to report to GOPOX campaign HQ with your tub of lard and they were not necessarily talking about your spouse LOL.

Vaseline, lard...not much difference for your sniveling, servile schmoos.

Location hidden

#240 Oct 8, 2012
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Your'e making something up. He didn't even say that. You can't find it anywhere.ha,ha LOL
You come from a long line of servants. Your brain has been servile from birth. There is nothing you can do about it.

Location hidden

#241 Oct 8, 2012
BENDOVER Teabaggers

"So when Romney touts his business acumen, he's really bragging about his ability to take advantage of a tax code rigged by himself and others like him to skew the playing field in such a way that in reality poses very little personal risk to himself.

For example, another "loophole" in the Tax Code permitted Romney, as a private equity partner, to place virtually unlimited amounts into a tax-deferred IRA by allowing Romney and his partners to grossly underestimate the "value" of their contributions, because the Code only considers a partnership interest in terms of its "future value."

You and I (and ninety-nine percent of Americans who did not have the good fortune and connections to work for a private equity firm) are limited to deferring a few thousand dollars per year from taxes. Mitt Romney's IRA, according to Reich, approaches 100 million dollars.

The Tax Code also makes interest on debt tax-deductible, fostering a huge incentive to substitute debt for equity, leading to debt-fueled bets made by banks and financial institutions intent on "leveraging America to the hilt," and culminating in the economic catastrophe that the Bush Administration was forced to finally confront in 2008, and that we still find ourselves mired in today.

But for the banks, private equity firms, hedge funds and other financial institutions who brought on the crisis--and for Mitt Romney-- there was no catastrophe. Two-thirds of all income gains realized between the mid-1980's and 2007 were in the financial sector, showered on the people who made their livelihood playing with other people's money. People like the folks at Bain Capital, who structured their deals so they would always profit, even though some of the companies they funded ultimately collapsed under the weight of excessive debt.

And when the collapse ultimately occurred, the same people who had profited mightily from leveraging the rest of the country were given a massive bailout. The fact is that the economic crisis directly felt by nearly all "ordinary" Americans was never really felt by the people who caused it. That's the benefit of playing with other people's money." D
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#242 Oct 8, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
It's not Oregon... it's you.
Cat74

United States

#243 Oct 9, 2012
Oh my, my. The pitiful Obama supporters are "seeing the light" and are trying to blind themselves from the reaity of a big loss in November. Romney had a 5% bounce since the debate. Obama was not off his game last week, that was his game. He cannot debate. There is an 18% shift among women. Guess they better quickly promise them something besides birth control. The President has not served all American, just a select few. We need a President that will serve all our people.
Cat74

United States

#244 Oct 9, 2012
Oh Sandy, if we had a taser for the candidates who lied in the debate last week, your President couldn't get up off the floor!!

Location hidden

#245 Oct 9, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Oh my, my. The pitiful Obama supporters
Poor lying tea bagger: funny how polls don't count unless it is their polls...

Maybe women won't ask draft dodger how he stands on women's rights?
see the light

United States

#246 Oct 9, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, you have the exact quote and the source, and when your boy rides you home, you will insist you aren't gay.
Just experimenting...
Got it.
I'm not sorry, you probably are. Dreaming about being in bed with Obama.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#247 Oct 9, 2012
Romney says he will cut all rates by 20%, balance the budget, and increase military spending but has no detailed plans on how he will accomplish it. What is Romney hiding?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grammy winner Mario Winans pleads guilty in inc... 16 hr Ryles 1
News Budget Calls For Corrections Officers, EMS Fly-... Thu Joe 1
News Clinton vs. Trump on Taxes: How Their Policies ... Sep 28 Stephany McDowell 1
News Debate Takeaways: Clinton gets under Trump's sk... Sep 27 bottlecap 10
News Weird 41 mins ago 9:35 a.m.Scam Alert: Student ... Sep 26 A_Visitor 10
News The no-transparency election Sep 22 spocko 102
News After 2 tax hikes Indianapolis still has fewer ... Sep 21 Yes 5
More from around the web