Kansas Republicans war over "Ryan plan" style tax cuts

Jul 18, 2012 Full story: WTAX-AM Springfield 23

Fiscal conservatives in Kansas have turned their state into a laboratory to test reforms similar to the "Ryan plan" for massive tax cuts at the national level -- and the result has been a Republican civil war.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Alfred E Newman

Overland Park, KS

#1 Jul 18, 2012
I smell fear from those who do not like change.
Outta Luck

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#2 Jul 18, 2012
Great stuff Kansas.
Got some real business sense in your state government. When you're going broke, the first thing to do is cut another 60% of your income. that way you can create jobs.
Jobs moving all the furniture out of the Kansas capital when it closes.
I can't aregue with the logic. IF jobs don't come to kansas, the place to start making cuts is education. Who needs an education anyway? IF the folks there are stupid, how will they know they are poor?
Alfred E Newman

Overland Park, KS

#3 Jul 20, 2012
Typical Liberal thinking. Cutting taxes brings business to the state because those who create jobs has more money to hire. With the increase in jobs means increase in tax base.

When you learn economics 101 then maybe you can make an intelligent comment. Remember junior, government makes nothing it only spends our money.
Outta Luck

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#4 Jul 20, 2012
I guess your Economics 101 comes from Radio shows??
first off,
What is a "job Creator"
SEcond,
If tax cuts create jobs, the the W tax cuts we have had since 2002 should have created so many jobs, we shoould all have 2.

It sounds good on the radio or FOX news but it just ain't true. Tax cuts do not create jobs. Kansas will not end up with more employment. They will end up with lower state revenue, and bankruptcy.
liza

Meadowbrook, WV

#5 Jul 20, 2012
Colorado isn't the only place that has big trouble.
Look right here at the stupid people who need to be

examined. What is happening to our country?
Evil idiotic statements in the name of their
polictics. Brainwashed can only happen to those
we do not need in our country....Get help or
just throw the computor away.

Sick is sick, get help....Common sense is not
a disgrace.
Alfred E Newman

Overland Park, KS

#6 Jul 20, 2012
Wow I have to go to very simple terms for you. Job creator is a person who invests their (and or others) money into an idea. They create a business and hire employees. That is creating jobs.

SEcond President Bush's tax cut did wonders for the economy. Even President Obama is afraid to cut it because he knows his TRILLONS of dollars debt would put us into a depression.

Since President Obama has done nothing to create jobs. But has put America into a 15 Trillon dollar debt, he will soon be replaced.

US unemployment rate is 9.1. Since GA has a 9.8 unemployment rate and KS has 7.1 rate. I see how your great economy is working.

In addtion Kansas has a future job growth potential of 32.9% while GA only has 29.

Know a few facts before you jump into a discusion. Now you only look foolish.
Outta Luck

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#7 Jul 21, 2012
Alfred E Newman wrote:
Wow I have to go to very simple terms for you. Job creator is a person who invests their (and or others) money into an idea. They create a business and hire employees. That is creating jobs.
SEcond President Bush's tax cut did wonders for the economy. Even President Obama is afraid to cut it because he knows his TRILLONS of dollars debt would put us into a depression.
Since President Obama has done nothing to create jobs. But has put America into a 15 Trillon dollar debt, he will soon be replaced.
US unemployment rate is 9.1. Since GA has a 9.8 unemployment rate and KS has 7.1 rate. I see how your great economy is working.
In addtion Kansas has a future job growth potential of 32.9% while GA only has 29.
WOW that is a lot of information. IT will take me a few days to make sense of it all.

Sending Americans off to war , and then starting a second war all without any funding set aside is what killed the economy.
Cutting taxes during a time of war was then and always will be STUPID.

W killed the economy.
Obama did plenty good for it.(even though you totally hate him)
GO ahead put Mitt in there. the same thing will hapen that happened when W was running the show. The rich will get richer, and not create any american jobs.
Alfred E Newman

Overland Park, KS

#8 Jul 24, 2012
Take your time. You are so backwards in your thinking I know it will take you awhile to understand.:)
Outta Luck wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW that is a lot of information. IT will take me a few days to make sense of it all.
Sending Americans off to war , and then starting a second war all without any funding set aside is what killed the economy.
Cutting taxes during a time of war was then and always will be STUPID.
W killed the economy.
Obama did plenty good for it.(even though you totally hate him)
GO ahead put Mitt in there. the same thing will hapen that happened when W was running the show. The rich will get richer, and not create any american jobs.
we are us

Overland Park, KS

#9 Jul 31, 2012
Kansas will need 400,000 to 500,000 jobs AVERAGING $40,000 a year just to replace the tax revenue lost to the taxes cuts.

And you think this to going to happen? When and where did anything like this happen anywhere?

Get a clue. Your are nuts. Kansas is heading for the trash can.
Alfred E Newman

Overland Park, KS

#10 Aug 3, 2012
we are us wrote:
Kansas will need 400,000 to 500,000 jobs AVERAGING $40,000 a year just to replace the tax revenue lost to the taxes cuts.
And you think this to going to happen? When and where did anything like this happen anywhere?
Get a clue. Your are nuts. Kansas is heading for the trash can.
Where are you getting these numbers? Back up your statement.

When you cut taxes, companies come to your state. Jobs are created. Look at California, losing companies because they cannot afford to pay the taxes. Then the jobs go else where. Look at the US losing jobs and companies going to other countries.

The clue is yours to get. I know reality, which is where democrats control, taxes are raised, and jobs are lost.
we are us

Overland Park, KS

#11 Aug 3, 2012
Take the loss of income from the new Kansas tax cuts and divide by 40,000. See what you get get.
There are several estimates of the cost of the tax cuts out there.
we are us

Overland Park, KS

#12 Aug 3, 2012
Look at the following Bushb contributions to the economy.The lost decade for the economy.

The U.S. economy has expanded at a healthy clip for most of the last 70 years, but by a wide range of measures, it stagnated in the first decade of the new millennium. Job growth was essentially zero, as modest job creation from 2003 to 2007 wasn't enough to make up for two recessions in the decade. Rises in the nation's economic output, as measured by gross domestic product, was weak. And household net worth, when adjusted for inflation, fell as stock prices stagnated, home prices declined in the second half of the decade and consumer debt skyrocketed
Alfred E Newman

Overland Park, KS

#13 Aug 4, 2012
we are us wrote:
Look at the following Bushb contributions to the economy.The lost decade for the economy.
The U.S. economy has expanded at a healthy clip for most of the last 70 years, but by a wide range of measures, it stagnated in the first decade of the new millennium. Job growth was essentially zero, as modest job creation from 2003 to 2007 wasn't enough to make up for two recessions in the decade. Rises in the nation's economic output, as measured by gross domestic product, was weak. And household net worth, when adjusted for inflation, fell as stock prices stagnated, home prices declined in the second half of the decade and consumer debt skyrocketed
Obama and the democrats are making it worse.
we are us

Overland Park, KS

#14 Aug 5, 2012
Alfred E Newman wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and the democrats are making it worse.
How?
Marie

Shawnee, KS

#15 Aug 5, 2012
Alfred E Newman wrote:
Since President Obama has done nothing to create jobs. But has put America into a 15 Trillon dollar debt, he will soon be replaced..
So how are you ignoring the fact that we nearly went over the edge back in 2008 - under Bush's watch? I;m sure the reason will have nothing to do with his *NONexistent* economic policy - "Y'all just go shopping. Don't worry about this little war of ours."

Not to mention, that more jobs have already been created in the first 4 years of the Obama Administration than were created in ALL EIGHT years of the Bush Administration.

Please explain your lack of logic ~ I;m sure it will all point to the other side of the aisle.
Marie

Shawnee, KS

#16 Aug 5, 2012
Alfred E Newman wrote:
<quoted text>

The clue is yours to get. I know reality, which is where democrats control, taxes are raised, and jobs are lost.
Uh - huh

Look at the Reagan administration, or Clinton's.

Explain those.

They both raised taxes when they knew it was needed.

Or Dubya's - tax CUTS - still not enough jobs.
We are currently operating at *historic* lows in taxes, going back to the 50s at least, and have been for quite awhile.

Cutting taxes alone is not a cure.

Your one trick pony view of the world just doesn't cut it.
Alfred E Newman

Overland Park, KS

#17 Aug 13, 2012
Are you nuts?? The Obama Presidency has cost jobs. Unemployment an all time high. Business has stop hiring due to soon to be outlandish health care cost. 15 Trillion dollar debt. You have just words and no facts as usual. Marie listens to CNN way to much a lives by the head in the sand priciple of Democrats.

Your arguments are weak and have no basis in reality.
Marie wrote:
<quoted text>
So how are you ignoring the fact that we nearly went over the edge back in 2008 - under Bush's watch? I;m sure the reason will have nothing to do with his *NONexistent* economic policy - "Y'all just go shopping. Don't worry about this little war of ours."
Not to mention, that more jobs have already been created in the first 4 years of the Obama Administration than were created in ALL EIGHT years of the Bush Administration.
Please explain your lack of logic ~ I;m sure it will all point to the other side of the aisle.
you are crazy

Overland Park, KS

#18 Aug 14, 2012
Alfred E Newman wrote:
You would not knowa fact

11.9 trillion is Republican caused debt.
Alfred E Newman

Overland Park, KS

#19 Aug 14, 2012
you are crazy wrote:
<quoted text> You would not knowa fact
11.9 trillion is Republican caused debt.
Check your facts nut case.
Marie

Shawnee, KS

#20 Aug 14, 2012
Alfred E Newman wrote:
Are you nuts?? The Obama Presidency has cost jobs. Unemployment an all time high. Business has stop hiring due to soon to be outlandish health care cost. 15 Trillion dollar debt. You have just words and no facts as usual. Marie listens to CNN way to much a lives by the head in the sand priciple of Democrats.
Your arguments are weak and have no basis in reality.
<quoted text>
I'm sorry Alfred E - those are all hard facts, all based in reality.

Google it, goofball.

Let me guess - you subscribe to the Karl Rove philosophy - just keep repeating a lie and people will begin to accept it as truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IRS Claims Taxpayer Is Dead 38 min Christshariahns 3
Immigration Reform That Doesn't 'Turn Off The M... 1 hr wild child 8
House moves to extend tax breaks through December 2 hr Beverly 5
8 Tips to Reduce the Risk of Identity Theft 6 hr Sharon Sergeant 1
Congress clears way for second half of bailout (Jan '09) 11 hr swedenforever 3
State of the Union spoilers: Obama's proposal f... 14 hr Mykro 186
VIDEO: Beware: Some 1099 Tax Forms Can Trick You Jan 28 constanza 1
More from around the web