Topix gets big response locally

Topix gets big response locally

There are 46 comments on the www.cknj.com story from Jul 30, 2008, titled Topix gets big response locally. In it, www.cknj.com reports that:

Once confined to the barbershop or whispered over the backyard fence with a neighbor, small town gossip has become a global roundtable discussion where anyone can proffer an opinion...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cknj.com.

LOL

Crockett, TX

#27 Jul 31, 2008
trojan man wrote:
Heather Curry, manager of a local retail store, said that she asked Topix on Monday morning to remove a thread that asked readers to comment on who they believe is the worst boss in Campbellsville.
Curry was named in the topic.
"It was very hurtful and I was tempted to reply," she said. Instead, she asked Topix to remove the topic and it was removed that morning.
Curry said she has developed a thick skin because she was raised to believe that if something nice cannot be said about someone, then say nothing at all.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA im sory didnt anyone reed the last line in this paragraph!!! hahahahahaaa heree let me higlite it......
Curry said she has developed a thick skin because she was raised to believe that if something nice cannot be said about someone, then say nothing at all.
To bad there isnt a law against hiporcripts ask her who shes been bad mothing lately. people that are round her no how she realy is
Do tell who she is talking about??? I will call and ask her myself - you wont because you are full of shit - better yet why dont you call her? Oh yeah u wont...lol
Gas

Lexington, KY

#30 Jul 31, 2008
Heather Curry, manager of a local retail store, said that she asked Topix on Monday morning to remove a thread that asked readers to comment on who they believe is the worst boss in Campbellsville.

What local retail store does she manage?
Why bash others

Centerville, TX

#36 Aug 1, 2008
Cthru_U wrote:
I can tell you that one reason a city like San Francisco has less postings than Campbellsville is the higher population rate means more animosity. People there are not involved with who is doing who, it's more of a "live and let live" attitude. People mind there own business and post only on news headlines.
AMEN
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

Elizabethtown, KY

#43 Aug 1, 2008
I do not even know what these people are talking about. I guess this is what the article was describing. Local gossip. blah blah blah
which

Crockett, TX

#45 Aug 2, 2008
You all are relentless. We all know you dont like her. We all know the history you have had over the last 8 years. Grow up and get over it. She and her son lost thier home - lost everything - had no insurance to cover anything and you say that bullshit - that is extremely low. You must have a horrible, miserable life to bring up a tragedy and try to make something of it. To insult her looks and choices is just petty. She is an attractive woman and a sweetheart as well. You live in your little corner and insult a good person to make yourself feel better - we all know her and her character and love her dearly. What is sooo funny is no one - not one person has the audacity to say any of this to her because you know what would happen. So make your snide remarks and your pointless accusations - one day it will be you on here and I pray the posters have no mercy.
incorrect

Trinity, TX

#46 Aug 2, 2008
which wrote:
You all are relentless. We all know you dont like her. We all know the history you have had over the last 8 years. Grow up and get over it. She and her son lost thier home - lost everything - had no insurance to cover anything and you say that bullshit - that is extremely low. You must have a horrible, miserable life to bring up a tragedy and try to make something of it. To insult her looks and choices is just petty. She is an attractive woman and a sweetheart as well. You live in your little corner and insult a good person to make yourself feel better - we all know her and her character and love her dearly. What is sooo funny is no one - not one person has the audacity to say any of this to her because you know what would happen. So make your snide remarks and your pointless accusations - one day it will be you on here and I pray the posters have no mercy.
you obviouly DONT know every thing she did have insurance and she did get money.....
which

Crockett, TX

#48 Aug 2, 2008
call her - we already know who this is - they ratted u out last night...
goodwill hunting

Elizabethtown, KY

#49 Aug 2, 2008
Gas wrote:
Heather Curry, manager of a local retail store, said that she asked Topix on Monday morning to remove a thread that asked readers to comment on who they believe is the worst boss in Campbellsville.
What local retail store does she manage?
GOODWILL!!!!!!!! Her boyfriend has no job. He won't be around long if he can't pay all her bills.
goodwill hunting

Elizabethtown, KY

#50 Aug 2, 2008
trojan man wrote:
Heather Curry, manager of a local retail store, said that she asked Topix on Monday morning to remove a thread that asked readers to comment on who they believe is the worst boss in Campbellsville.
Curry was named in the topic.
"It was very hurtful and I was tempted to reply," she said. Instead, she asked Topix to remove the topic and it was removed that morning.
Curry said she has developed a thick skin because she was raised to believe that if something nice cannot be said about someone, then say nothing at all.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA im sory didnt anyone reed the last line in this paragraph!!! hahahahahaaa heree let me higlite it......
Curry said she has developed a thick skin because she was raised to believe that if something nice cannot be said about someone, then say nothing at all.
To bad there isnt a law against hiporcripts ask her who shes been bad mothing lately. people that are round her no how she realy is
Word to the wise. She keeps tabs on what everyone in the workplace does. She writes it all down to use it against you.
watch this

Trinity, TX

#51 Aug 2, 2008
on utube, zeitguiest the movie federal reserve part 5 of 5. in may 2008 new id cards passed scan all your info,next microchips. Kentucky has requested extension. check it out.
trojan man

Elizabethtown, KY

#52 Aug 3, 2008
goodwill hunting wrote:
<quoted text>
Word to the wise. She keeps tabs on what everyone in the workplace does. She writes it all down to use it against you.
i no exacty what u mena she is 2 faced she was a huge hore in high school hasnt changed a bit
incorrect

Trinity, TX

#53 Aug 3, 2008
which wrote:
She had insurance to cover her mortgage dumbass - she had to carry that - she had a very small amount left to repurchase every item of furniture and her and her sons cloths. No breasts were bought u retard - she sold pk's 4 wheeler he bought her lol duh everyone knows that
lets see first you said she had no insurance now your saying she did guess you need to get your facts straight oh and the next time you talk to her ask her how she got that yukon then call someone a dumbass.....

“~out of pain beauty does come~”

Since: Mar 08

here there and everywhere

#54 Aug 3, 2008
did anyone notice the typo?? it's not topix.com .. it's topix.net .. can't they get in trouble for that?
same

Elizabethtown, KY

#55 Aug 3, 2008
asawolfallen wrote:
did anyone notice the typo?? it's not topix.com .. it's topix.net .. can't they get in trouble for that?
its the same
Wow

United States

#57 Aug 4, 2008
Typical life and times of a thread on Topix: TRASHED. Since the posted link is no longer correct, try this one: http://www.lcni5.com/cgi-bin/storyviewarchive... . The subject is TOPIX, FWIW.
kyller

United States

#58 Aug 4, 2008
asawolfallen wrote:
did anyone notice the typo?? it's not topix.com .. it's topix.net .. can't they get in trouble for that?
o no the grammar police again
HarperV

United States

#59 Aug 20, 2008
be nice wrote:
I am sick of gossip on topix. The Topix CEO has the gall to say this: "I take out hate speech but not name calling." That's almost like asking for a thread on "do you know so and so" to turn ugly. But there terms of service say no one is supposed to post someone's name without there permission. This is contradictory!
from the cknj.com article on topix:
...when a user reports a comment as being abusive, it is examined by *ONE OF FOUR* full-time employees the company uses to examine and evaluate whether the comments warrant being deleted.
"We pull thousands of remarks each day," Tolles said.
And visitors are left with the rest. For someone who likes big numbers, he sure isn't very good at simple division... Anyone else seeing this as if Andy and Barney were trying to police New York City?
mean people

Elizabethtown, KY

#60 Aug 20, 2008
well i dont think it's right either, ive only been on here a short while and all i see is people secretly bullying others around and saying mean things when they could be untrue or none of anyones business, and then no one ever confesses to who they are, not to mention all the perverted topics like the one about that samantha stevens girl, that was terrible, and talking about peoples affairs publicly, you shouldnt believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
wondering

Hodgenville, KY

#61 Aug 21, 2008
steven who???
you and me

Oneida, TN

#62 Nov 5, 2009
topix is gay

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tagged News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Five Things You Need to Know to Start Your Day Nov 18 fat tired old and... 1
News 'What is a Religion?' is sermon in Walpole (Oct '09) Nov 13 ForeverIslam 4
News Topix Kicks USA Today's Ass - Sets Sites on NY ... (May '09) Nov '17 steve mork 3
News What Is Topix.com? Conversation With Topix CEO ... (Apr '13) Oct '17 Amy L Brown 44
News Dems want Hillary Clinton to leave spotlight (Jun '17) Jul '17 C Kersey 3
News Trust invests in developer of mind-controlled r... (Apr '17) Apr '17 FireyFellow44 1
News Recalled Newsweek a Madam Presidenta Clinton is... (Mar '17) Mar '17 FireyFellow44 1
More from around the web