Ghost Hunters visit Sylvan Beach; episode airs on SyFy next week

Feb 20, 2013 Full story: CNYRadio.com 31

Could it be possible that the haunts in the "Laffland" ride at Sylvan Beach Amusement Park aren't entirely fake? The cast and crew of the SyFy series "Ghost Hunters" visited to investigate.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Beachy Keen

Locke, NY

#1 Feb 22, 2013
"I ain't afraid of no ghost!" LOL
They ought to play "TAPS" for the Yesterday's Royal since the only thing "paranormal" about that joint is how a tumble-down shack like that holds together with just 25 coats of white-wash.
Rick

Camden, NY

#2 Feb 22, 2013
Park is in bankruptcy and Waterbury is being sued. It may not open this summer. Oneidas are looking at it.
Beachy Keen

Locke, NY

#3 Feb 22, 2013
"Doug Waterbury, who bought the two tourist hot-spots in 2007, says he was “intrigued by the frequent comments” from employees, customers and local residents, regarding an increasing number of ghost sightings and other paranormal activity.

In a press release he said,“It may be possible that the spirits are becoming more active due to the recent change of ownership, and I want them to understand that my intention for the future is to preserve the amusement park in every respect and to welcome their continued presence as we learn to peacefully co-exist.”

Dougie needs to drum up some business. He'll agree with anyone if it personally costs him nothing & will bring some rubes to his flea bitten amusements.
Waterbury is a true son of PT Barnum that lives by his two Golden Rules:
"There's a sucker born every minute"
&
"A fool and his money are soon parted"
Steve

Camden, NY

#4 Feb 22, 2013
Waterbury will wank when Willy Wonka weeps!

Since: Feb 13

Oneida, NY

#5 Feb 23, 2013
Steve wrote:
Waterbury will wank when Willy Wonka weeps!
Wank what? So when a fictional candy icon cries he will wank? What does that mean? How can a make believe character weep? How would you know if this happens? What does wank mean?
Mike

Camden, NY

#6 Feb 23, 2013
Waterbury eats pie
I Stick itInCows

Camden, NY

#7 Feb 23, 2013
Beachy Keen wrote:
"Doug Waterbury, who bought the two tourist hot-spots in 2007, says he was “intrigued by the frequent comments” from employees, customers and local residents, regarding an increasing number of ghost sightings and other paranormal activity.
In a press release he said,“It may be possible that the spirits are becoming more active due to the recent change of ownership, and I want them to understand that my intention for the future is to preserve the amusement park in every respect and to welcome their continued presence as we learn to peacefully co-exist.”
Dougie needs to drum up some business. He'll agree with anyone if it personally costs him nothing & will bring some rubes to his flea bitten amusements.
Waterbury is a true son of PT Barnum that lives by his two Golden Rules:
"There's a sucker born every minute"
&
"A fool and his money are soon parted"
I don't care about him, I care about the Amusement park... pecker.
Jason

Zephyrhills, FL

#8 Feb 24, 2013
I remember Sylvan Beach with great fondness.I lived in New Hartford,N>Y>and when i was very young we spent almost all summer at my grandmothers cottage in Sylvan Beach.My cousin worked at the Sylvan Beach ferris wheel;another worked at Eddy'ds restaurant>It was a magical place right on Oneida Lake...I loved it.But as one gets older one remembers those happy times.I wonder if it is really haunted?I worked in my teen years at the Verona Beach State Park,and made many friends there.Oh what great years those were.I went away to college,got married had a family,moved out of the area,and never have been back.My Gram is now gone,and her cottage was sold.It was all those years ago.Looking forward to seeing Ghosthunters .ande the ghosts of Sylvan Beach.....
Doug

Camden, NY

#9 Feb 24, 2013
Ghosts are everywhere I go!
Doug

Camden, NY

#10 Feb 27, 2013
what a joke , you are the only monster thats been sssssseeeeeaaannnnnnn hear
Doug

Camden, NY

#11 Feb 27, 2013
Did you see the notice of lien against me in the paper for non payment of taxes and fees? Please donate to the Amusement Park Fund to keep it open.
susan wheat

Sarasota, FL

#12 Feb 28, 2013
i think the ghost is the old guy that ran the fun houes there. i think he pasted in the late 90's. any way i loved going when i was a little girl. i now miss it and the last time i was there was in 2000.
i hope something good will come of it.:)
Big Scott

Camden, NY

#13 Feb 28, 2013
That was a good show,,,,If it is true or not..who knows. But it is interesting stuff. I barely remember Scotty, but I remember when he dies. It was a tough time in the beach then.
The Ghost Of Fat Joes Cat

Locke, NY

#14 Mar 1, 2013
I looked inside the Deli-Mart's front window Wednesday night around midnight & saw sub rolls & chip bags floating about in thin air!
Floyd

Camden, NY

#15 Mar 1, 2013
Delimart will close when nice n easy opens because they cant drop their prices low enough to make a profit. Clements will depend on his junk store and slum houses to get by according to Greg.

Oneida, NY

#16 Mar 1, 2013
The Ghost Of Fat Joes Cat wrote:
I looked inside the Deli-Mart's front window Wednesday night around midnight & saw sub rolls & chip bags floating about in thin air!
Stupid
Phag Cockhouse

Locke, NY

#17 Mar 1, 2013
Phil Trombino wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid
OMG! You are sooooooo frickkin' FUNNY!! Just one word... "stupid". Wotta knee-slapper! You should have your own Comedy Central Cable TV Show! Oh boy! You sure your name isn't phil "Hartman"? I'll bet you must've spent...what...half-hour, 45 minutes coming up with that concentrated comedy nugget?!?

Oneida, NY

#18 Mar 1, 2013
No actually came up with it rather quick. I'm so glad you find it that funny. I thought is was borderline but obviously you enjoyed it. Thanks race car driver.
JoeBenz

Camden, NY

#19 Mar 1, 2013
Phil Trombino is actually Donnie from Sunset.
Beachtard

Locke, NY

#20 Mar 1, 2013
I wish the sun would set on ALL those drunken weirdo pricks @ Vandreiser's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Supernatural Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Want to learn how to move objects with your eyes. (Oct '06) Wed james 969
Chicago Psychic Medium and Spiritualist view of... Dec 22 reality is a crutch 1
Parsley urgently appeals for cash | The Columbu... (Dec '09) Dec 21 Joyce 393
Are ghosts real? (Dec '07) Dec 19 Ste 180
Ghost hunters search for spirits in Eunice (Nov '09) Dec 17 Wondering 20
Eerie In Erieville: What do you do with a house... (Oct '11) Dec 9 Zeb 11
Rainbow-banded UFO photographed over Australia:... Nov '14 Oh Please 2
More from around the web