The Ghosts of Bridge Water Cemetery in Scottsburg Indiana

Apr 17, 2008 Full story: Associated Content 65

Scottsburg, Indiana, is a small town in the southeastern part of the state, around 70 minutes from Louisville. via Associated Content

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
hunter

Moscow, Russia

#1 May 28, 2008
i live 1 mile from this cemetary and have been hunting it for 13 years. i have night vision even and would go there after dark to see the big bucks and NEVER have i ever seen a ghost there. trust me its a myth.
sselectricsonly

United States

#2 Jun 25, 2008
That is not true. I have not seen a ghost there, but I have several evps from there, including one of a woman speaking in a different language. I believe it is american indian
its not true

Renton, WA

#3 Jun 27, 2008
I used to go there and get well and i never seen anything at all there
NOT TRUE

AOL

#4 Jun 28, 2008
This is SO not true... Scottsburg is NOT 70 minutes from Louisville, try about 35-45 minutes if even that long.
Stupid dorks!
Not Sure

United States

#5 Jul 19, 2008
I cannot lay claim to have psychic ability, nor can I say I have ever been witness to ghostly or paranormal activity....until, late one afternoon I was helping a friend do some genealogical research that led her to this graveyard. We copied tombstone info for several hours, with just a somber feeling of an old graveyard at the edge of a nice day.
As evening neared, both of us heard knocking underground...from somewhere beneath us. Areas of extreme coldness next to areas that brought a bead of sweat to the brow. Smells that would take your breath! We hurried through the next little bit as not to get caught there after dusk. As we were sitting in the car at days end, drinking the last shot of cool water and summizing the find for the day....an eary glow from the graveyard began to appear. The glow lasted about 5minutes, before all looked calm and back to normal again.
I have often wondered what we felt and saw that late afternoon/early evening at that Cemetery. Not a trip I plan to take again anytime soon. Jin
indiana_girl_alw ays

Naples, FL

#6 Jul 22, 2008
i lived in scottsburg for 24 years and i always heard of the cemetery being haunted but personally have never saw a ghost there...i have heard that the graveyard was on scared indian land but who knows.. people will believe what they want. it's a free country
Donny Rowland

Leesburg, FL

#7 Sep 7, 2008
Dorks? Geeze what a vocabulary!
Rita

United States

#8 Sep 16, 2008
Donny Rowland wrote:
Dorks? Geeze what a vocabulary!
is that the best you got, loser
still looking

Lexington, KY

#9 Sep 23, 2008
my husband and I along with another couple went to the cemetery and altho we didn't see any ghosts, alot of cold spots were felt and after developing pictures from our digital camera we saw some unexplained things in the pictures.
we enjoyed ourselves and the pictures but as far as actual ghosts well that is all up to each individual, if you are a spiritual person you will feel and see things others will not and sometimes we let our own minds scare us to death.
daddy-o

United States

#10 Sep 26, 2008
Where is this cemetery located?
Gina

Winner, SD

#11 Sep 27, 2008
I'm the Co-Founder for Ghost Hunters of Scottsburg Territories and the Area Rep for the American Ghost Society in Southeastern Indiana. I too have been to Bridgewater on several occasions. Sometimes things happen and sometimes they don't. In reading what people have to say regarding "never seeing a ghost". Seeing an appirition is every paranormal investigators dream. But...it doesn't always happen. Have I had stuff happen there? Yes. It has ranged from cold spots to hot spots. EMF spikes, babies crying, etc. I (as well as others) have seen a shadow like person moving back and forth towards the back. So yes, the place is haunted. Remember, ghosts do not act on demand. Perhaps if you go there and nothing ever happens...there is a reason for that. If your only criteria is "seeing a ghost" then you may never be satisfied.
BEEN THERE DONE THAT

Hudson, FL

#12 Oct 9, 2008
I grew up in Scottsburg, and there is not one night i wouldnt go out thru there i mean its just a slap of dirt with headstones me and my frins used it as a short cut many nites. The one thing tht creeps you out is how quite it is.
video sounds

La Grange, KY

#13 Nov 11, 2008
I have a video of when I went to the cemetery, and when you watch it... scroll to about 11:37 and watch it up to 12:50... there is a sound that I can't explain and hope somebody can. Of course you can watch the video more if you want to.
Thanks,
Kenny
Here's the link:
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm...
Jeremiah Dismang

Lexington, KY

#14 Apr 15, 2009
There is not ghosts there we used to go night crawler hunting all the time there and i go back to the Docks (abandoned factory behind cemetary) all the time and i have never ever seen a ghost there and ive lived in indiana all my life
i wanna know

Louisville, KY

#15 Jun 6, 2009
where is this place at? because no website specifies.
Gloria

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Sep 29, 2009
Ghosts do exist! I had a residual experience with four ghosts coming down from the ceiling where I slept. One came down sitting up, one hesitated then came down horizontally, two small children (ghosts) came down bouncing on a diagonal slant one hitting me in the gut. One spirit put his hands through me to reach the other spirit. I could not see, but I could feel everything....lasted about 3 mins. I was totally drained from the experience.
Ghost Chaser

Lexington, KY

#17 Oct 3, 2009
It is haunted I have pictures to prove it!!!!!!!!!
Bigman walkalongsideme

Lexington, KY

#18 Oct 4, 2009
bull! I have been going to this cemetary for 20 years, parking and such i have been to small parties in the parking area. there has never been anything seen out of the ordinary.
bill in kentucky

United States

#19 Oct 15, 2009
video sounds wrote:
I have a video of when I went to the cemetery, and when you watch it... scroll to about 11:37 and watch it up to 12:50... there is a sound that I can't explain and hope somebody can. Of course you can watch the video more if you want to.
Thanks,
Kenny
Here's the link:
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm...
Hey i use to live in scottsburg i have always heared that cementery was hunted (NO JOKE) I JUST HAD TO WATCH THE VEDIO. GOOD GOING.
Steve

Fort Knox, KY

#20 Jan 29, 2010
sselectricsonly wrote:
That is not true. I have not seen a ghost there, but I have several evps from there, including one of a woman speaking in a different language. I believe it is american indian
I Have gotten the same thing it is a womens voice chanting in some other language. my emf meter spiked atv the same time i got the evp. This place is a very interesting place and i do agree it is very haunted I would like to hear what your evp. and compare it to mine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Supernatural Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parsley urgently appeals for cash | The Columbu... (Dec '09) 2 hr Joyce 393
Want to learn how to move objects with your eyes. (Oct '06) Fri Ste 968
Are ghosts real? (Dec '07) Fri Ste 180
Ghost hunters search for spirits in Eunice (Nov '09) Dec 17 Wondering 20
Eerie In Erieville: What do you do with a house... (Oct '11) Dec 9 Zeb 11
Rainbow-banded UFO photographed over Australia:... Nov '14 Oh Please 2
'Ghost of guilt-ridden nanny' pictured at windo... Nov '14 chelle 1
More from around the web