On a Minersville garage door, an imag...

On a Minersville garage door, an image of the Virgin Mary? -- t...

There are 151 comments on the The Morning Call story from Sep 1, 2007, titled On a Minersville garage door, an image of the Virgin Mary? -- t.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Some say there's a miracle in Minersville, while others dismiss it as an optical illusion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Blue Mountain

Stroudsburg, PA

#149 Sep 19, 2007
Does anyone know if this image is still there?

“Allentown the all AmericanCity”

Since: Sep 07

Allentown, PA

#150 Sep 28, 2007
Here in Allentown I had a Grotto and someone stole the statue of the Blessed Mother. At Christmas I had a manger scene on my front porch and somebody stole the baby Jesus. I hope no one from Allentown steals his garage doors
fbatt

Paris, France

#151 Oct 16, 2007
Robert wrote:
The supernatural (heaven and angels) is as real as any object on Earth. God sends us signs to assure us that we are NOT alone and visions of the Virgin Mary have been frequent over time. To MY mind these visions, such as those at Medjugorje, are a way of reminding the faithful that we have the obligation to fulfill Christ's teachings. To show us that it is NOT enough to profess faith but rather that faith must be LIVED every minute of every day. We must pray with our HEARTS, we must fast and LOVE ONE ANOTHER, not just our friends and family but ALL humanity as Christ commanded. Heaven does NOT impose its edicts upon us but we are well advised to live in the grace of Jesus, his Mother and the Holy Ghost.
Yes, but ..."the reporter isn't going to report the truth"... rather entice into derisive campaings quickly followed-up by many ...

What's this church nearby, steeple overlooking ?

BROKEN PIECES CHURCH

... let's bend and pick up the wreckage, on Lewis street,Pa.(rear side of "Church of Broken Pieces")

... let's gather together these pieces, so as to build anew (all the wretched, church-squatters, taggers, street-sleepers first concerned ?)

... let's also open-up this "glowing garage door", and, for once, start for a "merry" ride in a New Church ...

[Don't get upset ... check it out first ... the twin-towers were indeed torn down to street level ...
Ex.III,2, Dan.V,7 ]

francisbatt
whatevas cleva

Bethlehem, PA

#152 Oct 16, 2007
fbatt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but ..."the reporter isn't going to report the truth"... rather entice into derisive campaings quickly followed-up by many ...
What's this church nearby, steeple overlooking ?
BROKEN PIECES CHURCH
... let's bend and pick up the wreckage, on Lewis street,Pa.(rear side of "Church of Broken Pieces")
... let's gather together these pieces, so as to build anew (all the wretched, church-squatters, taggers, street-sleepers first concerned ?)
... let's also open-up this "glowing garage door", and, for once, start for a "merry" ride in a New Church ...
[Don't get upset ... check it out first ... the twin-towers were indeed torn down to street level ...
Ex.III,2, Dan.V,7 ]
francisbatt
Francis ... did you forget to take your medication today?

“Be careful what u pretend 2 B”

Since: Jun 07

Lehigh Valley

#153 Oct 16, 2007
We are Number One wrote:
Here in Allentown I had a Grotto and someone stole the statue of the Blessed Mother. At Christmas I had a manger scene on my front porch and somebody stole the baby Jesus. I hope no one from Allentown steals his garage doors
Wrap up your garbage like Christmas presents and put them on the front lawn. It'll get rid of your trash quicker than municipal pick-up.
TinaBadina

Dallas, TX

#154 Jan 18, 2008
Two Joshua, Texas men say they've found a natural wonder and it's for sale. But what they're calling a 'miracle rock' does not come cheap. That's because the sellers are stone-faced serious about finding a face in a rock.

David Stewart sells a lot of stuff on e-Bay. "Any kind of computer peripheral, miscellaneous nick-nacks and of course I have the stone," he told CBS 11 News.

As Stewart tells the story, a piece of rock fell off of a trailer and he and others saw something mysterious.

"A piece of the rock sheared off and there was that face," says Stewart. "It just stood out. I have no idea. People say it's the Virgin Mary. People say it's a movie star. To me it's just a woman's face in stone and it's kind of unique."

The sandstone is about four feet around and Stewart estimates it weighs about 200 pounds. The bulk of the stone is dark brown or reddish in color. But where the sheared piece left a lighter hue there appears to be the face of a person in profile. The darker stone left above almost looks like hair.

The 'Stonekeeper'--as the rock's owner calls himself-- took us to its secret location. He doesn't go on camera because if someone recognized him, "Somebody would rip it off," he said.

The 'Stonekeeper' says he first noticed the image while on the phone to a relative. "I said you're not going to believe this but there's a face looking at me from the rock. Of course he thought I was nuts but that's okay," the 'Stonekeeper' said with a laugh.

You're probably not nuts if you see the face. But whether it's the Virgin Mary or a movie star, it's a pricey face. They're asking $49,000 for the rock.
TinaBadina

Dallas, TX

#155 Jan 18, 2008
If you have any rocks you wanna sell,
I know alot of people who could use a few good marbles.
Leah

Hopkins, MN

#156 Jan 29, 2008
I happen to live in minersville and i have seen this "virgin Mary" a numerous amount of times. in my opinion, it looks nothing like Mary,and if it did, why would Mary 's sillouette appear and not Jesus's himself?
Ron D

Redford, MI

#157 Feb 2, 2008
Nobody with even half a brain lives in Minersville, PA...
rndm prsn

Allen, SD

#158 Aug 14, 2012
christianity live forever
The Ghost

Columbus, OH

#159 Aug 14, 2012
I been to Minersville a time or two, been there a few times to see the back of Mary's head

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Supernatural Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aliens verses Demons (Mar '14) Mon Earth Whisperer 122
News Haunted Houses In San Pedro (Jul '08) Nov 15 Elba 104
News Spiritual but not Religious Nov '16 True Christian wi... 5
News Cruisin' Connecticut - " Haunted, Abandoned a o... Oct '16 America Gentleman... 1
Want to learn how to move objects with your eyes. (Oct '06) Oct '16 kasonko wamaganja 986
News 'Ghost Asylum' Recap for Old Ironton Psychiatri... (Oct '14) Oct '16 John Doe 30
News Are ghosts real? (Dec '07) Oct '16 Cosmic45 199
More from around the web