On a Minersville garage door, an imag...

On a Minersville garage door, an image of the Virgin Mary? -- t...

There are 151 comments on the The Morning Call story from Sep 1, 2007, titled On a Minersville garage door, an image of the Virgin Mary? -- t.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Some say there's a miracle in Minersville, while others dismiss it as an optical illusion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Genesis

Toms River, NJ

#1 Sep 1, 2007
Our lady was prefigured in the Old testament when God said to the Serpent I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; He will strike at your head, while you strike at his heel."In Luke's Gospel our Lady said all Nations shall call me Blessed.. and we meditate on the Gospels with the rosary with the prayer of the Hail Mary reminding us how salvation came to be it is the foundation of the New Testament....in 1917 she has appeared in Fatima Portugal to 3 children and in one of the Apparitions she tells the children 2 of them will be in Heaven soon, they both died within the year, they did and still today almost 100 tears later their bodies are incorrupt -God's testimony of truth. In Revalation 12 it focuses on the end of the world ...Rev 12-1 A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman 2 clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. Rev 12-6 The woman herself fled into the desert where she had a place prepared by God, that there she might be taken care of for twelve hundred and sixty days. Our lady has been appearing to people since the year 1200. The image of Rev 12-1 is the image of when she appeared in Guadalupe Mexico and gave this image of herself to Juan Diago on a Tilma in the year 1500....The image is located in Mexico...In 1997 My mother who is a devout prayer of the rosary, was number one on the Liver Translant list and miraculously recovered. The rosary becomes reflexive in the time of need and one is able to meditate on the life of Christ and embrace suffering.
Asty

Walnutport, PA

#2 Sep 1, 2007
Settle down, Francis.
Bob Jones

Springtown, PA

#3 Sep 1, 2007
I thought she was living in London?? I still listen to "Like a Virgin" ~~~
In Allentown

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Sep 1, 2007
Too funny. If the Virgin Mary were going to make her grand reappearance on earth, I would highly doubt she would select a garage door in Minersville.
LARRY

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Sep 1, 2007
BAD PAINT JOB !!!!
Cheryl in Allentown

Bethlehem, PA

#6 Sep 1, 2007
Funny how "Mary" always shows up at these so called sitings but never Jesus or anyone else...still I look to find a reason to believe!! Get a gripe people it is an illusion. People see what they want to see...but hey if it gets you through your day...more power to ya!
Barr

AOL

#7 Sep 1, 2007
lol sheesh these Hicks ...if they would of Moved the statue Now and then in front of the Garage door it wouldnt of faded Like that , Because ? the same thing happen with my Statue on the side of the House it faded around it DUH!
xboc

New York, NY

#8 Sep 1, 2007
''It makes you think about your faith,'' said Joan Bettinger, who said she's seen the image twice. When asked if it could be the real thing, she said,''It could be. Anything's possible today. It does look like her.''

actually she should be saying is "It does look like most of the DIFFERENT ARTIST'S IDEAS of this person who was said to live 2000 years ago"
Harley-Rose

Allentown, PA

#9 Sep 1, 2007
Well, let's see...
First, ask the neighbors to take the statue out of the window and then see if the She still appears...If She doesn't, then it was a reflection. But at least the reflection made people think about their faith.
Is that a bad thing?
Because if She does appear, I'll be there with my family and the many other believers.
I believe Mary petitions Gods for us and that She might have come to collect our petitions of faith.
Why not start believing anyway...there is no other way to Heaven, except through Jesus.
Amen
SmokersAre Losers

Orefield, PA

#10 Sep 1, 2007
Oh no....NOT AGAIN!!

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#11 Sep 1, 2007
Humans have an incredible knack for seeing things that aren't there, just think of how we can clearly see familiar objects when we look at the clouds. This is nothing more than our brain's amazing ability to take a random pattern and make something of it.

“Be careful what u pretend 2 B”

Since: Jun 07

Lehigh Valley

#12 Sep 1, 2007
If that fuzzy image looks to you like Mary, then you either need eye surgery or should stop drinking so much lager before noon.

“Rescue a dog, save a life”

Allentown, Lehighton, now WV

#13 Sep 1, 2007
ACLU-Tom wrote:
Humans have an incredible knack for seeing things that aren't there, just think of how we can clearly see familiar objects when we look at the clouds. This is nothing more than our brain's amazing ability to take a random pattern and make something of it.
I think I'll agree with you on this one. Although I do believe in a higher power (God, if you will), it gripes me to no end that Christians (of which I was raised) think that no one can get to heaven unless they 'go through' Jesus. What makes any religion judge and jury of who gets to heaven? What about animals...what about the cavemen? Doomed to he!!, I suppose because they didn't have the privelege of knowing about, and worshipping a mortal man, albeit a prophet just like the other religions have (Mohammed, Krishna, etc.) who claimed he was God's son.

It just doesn't make sense at all to me. But then, some believe woman was made from Adam's rib, too. Last count in my old anatomy class, we have the same amount. I just don't see the logic in taking the bible word for word like some do, and seeing things that aren't there.

But like others said, hey, if it makes you feel good, great.

“Howdy, Ya'll!”

Allentown

#14 Sep 1, 2007
This is a front page story?? WHY? Is the Call just demonstrating, yet again, how dumb some folks can really be?

“Let's Spend and Borrow Forever”

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Sep 1, 2007
There's a tree in my backyard that has a profile that looks a bit like some images of Jesus. Anybody willing to come over and leave money in the basket at the base of the tree is welcome. We also have a nice selection of souvenirs.
STAY THE COURSE!
Bitter

Emmaus, PA

#17 Sep 1, 2007
Schuylkill County
THAT SAYS IT ALL!

“Jumping Jesus on a pogostick!”

Since: Aug 07

New Ringgold

#18 Sep 1, 2007
I say take down the garage door and sell it on Ebay. Tell the (un)lucky winner that during the 6 o'clock hour a likeness of the assumed image of the virgin mary will appear. They'll test it out, it wont work (the statue is no longer in a window directly across the street from the door) and when they complain the owner will just have to say- guess she doesn't like you... People are soooo gullible
Recovering Catholic

Allentown, PA

#19 Sep 1, 2007
How I wish it was for real.But I also wondered if the image would still appear ,if the statue in the window across the street was removed?
What fractures me is ,when you ask:"Why is there so much suffering in the world?" and ya hear"God gave us free will".
I asked "If a person prays for something to happen or not to occur and it happens anyway,why doesn't God hear the prayer?"
My response was :"God will hear your prayers and grant your requests if you DESERVE it".
Oh nice.A pissy,moody,God who is no better in emotional maturity than the rest of us.Some deity,playing games with peoples lives.
What a load!

“Be careful what u pretend 2 B”

Lehigh Valley

#20 Sep 1, 2007
MonkeyMomma wrote:
This is a front page story?? WHY? Is the Call just demonstrating, yet again, how dumb some folks can really be?
It's called local news, hundreds of people are flocking to see this. I guess some folks just want to read about the "shooting of the day" in Allentown.

It's news and it's entertaining - c'mon loosen up and smile!

“Let's Spend and Borrow Forever”

Bethlehem, PA

#21 Sep 1, 2007
The real Minersville Miracle is the small part of the population that can read. VIVA MINERSVILLE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Supernatural Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) 3 hr knight of Jesus 10
Want to learn how to move objects with your eyes. (Oct '06) Jun 25 Alice Diane 977
News Haunted Houses In San Pedro (Jul '08) Jun 23 quiet speaker 99
News Bigfoot, mystery mountain lions, UFOs all 'out ... Jun 17 SSDD 2
News Bigfoot hunting here in the Tri-Sta... Jun 13 psilocybin007 3
News Bigfoot Hunters Prepare For Search In Kentucky Jun 11 Fake 1
News Florida man dances on patrol car to protect chi... Jun 5 Ander 10
More from around the web