Co Ed Naked Banya with BF and Pals

Posted in the Human Sexuality Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jenny Four Eyes

AOL

#1 Apr 1, 2008
Should I go to a naked bath house with my boyfriend and his buddies?

For years my boyfriend and a group of his buddies have been occasionally going to a Russian Bath House in our city.(Sometimes they call the bath house "the Banya" or "the Schvitz".)

This imposing place looks like a bank or a church from the outside and is literally over 100 years old. Famous Chicagoans like Al Capone, Nelson Algren, and John Belushi were said to hang out there, and now the place is popular with young hipsters like my BF and his pals.

I've always been curious about the place, but it has always been an off limits boys-only club. But yesterday my boyfriend said the Russian bath house is going co-ed as of next week, and invited me to join them for next weekend's visit. I thought maybe he was kidding me, so drove by the place today, and sure enough, there now is a sign outside saying "co-ed".

The only possible "problem" here (and I can't decide if it is a problem or not) is that my boyfried claims that the place will still be "clothing optional" despite being co-ed. And he claims that he and his buddies are NOT planning on bringing swim suits!

There's still a chance that my boyfriend might be making the naked part up.

I expressed an interst to him a few months ago about how amazing it was that some penises (and particularly his penis) become so small when flaccid despite being so big when erect. At the time he acted really uncomftorable with the subject, but now he's saying "here's your chance to do penis research."

Though I don't have any problem with it in theory, I've never been in a naked co-ed environment.

1) If I go should I bring MY bathing suit?

I already told my boyfried that I was going to and he laughed at me and said "of course you will." That made me kind of mad and want to go "au naturale."

(I wonder if my bf would be upset if I walked around naked in front of his buddies - I kind of suspect that he might be - which would actually make me laugh.)

But on the other hand, I think I'd be uncomfortable if I was the only naked chick there.(I imagine a room full of naked men staring at me. LOL) Yet, at the same time I don't imagine that anything bad could happen because my boyfriend and his buddies would be there to protect me.

2) And even if I decide to wear my suit, should I still go there if there are going to be naked men there?

On the one hand I'd be fascinated to get a peek into this ancient bastion of male culture.

But on the other hand, do I belong there?

Would I be invading THEIR privacy?

And what could the atmosphere be like in a co-ed naked environment? Could it actually be casual and fun, or is it instead going to be hyper-sexualized?

Right now I'm simultaneously excited and apprehensive about going to the banya with the boys.(And I'm leaning toward bringing my bathing suit.)

So what do other people think I should do?
Tony

West Chicago, IL

#2 Apr 1, 2008
Hey Jenny Four Eyes!

I talked to someone about this very subject on one of these Topix boards yesterday or the day before, but I thought he was kidding. I think it might have been an off topic discussion and I can't seem to find the thread now. If I find it I'll link it to here.

If you decide to go, I'd definitely bring your swim suit. I told the guy who I thought was kidding that I was going to go, and I still just might. But I'm definitely bringing my suit too, and I'm a guy. I think being the only naked guy there would be almost as bad as being the only naked chick. But if other people were naked too I might just might consider doing without. But I'd bring my suit to keep my options open.
Tony

West Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 1, 2008
Oh, and I wouldn't be afraid of being assaulted there. Relatives of mine used to go to the Division Street Bath House when I was a kid, and lets just say the place at least used to pretty much be mob central in Chicago. And I'm pretty sure it's still mobbed up. I think it's still owned by the nephew of a made guy.

Say what you will about those Chicago Outfit guys, they're very protective of women. Even made guys who hit their women were regularly wacked for it. Guys who raped women were definitely wacked. If anyone were to asault any woman at one of their hangouts he'd land up in a car trunk. They're old fashioned that way. It's not exactly the rule of law, but it has some merit to it.
Jenny Four Eyes

AOL

#4 Apr 1, 2008
Tony wrote:
Oh, and I wouldn't be afraid of being assaulted there. Relatives of mine used to go to the Division Street Bath House when I was a kid, and lets just say the place at least used to pretty much be mob central in Chicago. And I'm pretty sure it's still mobbed up. I think it's still owned by the nephew of a made guy.
Say what you will about those Chicago Outfit guys, they're very protective of women. Even made guys who hit their women were regularly wacked for it. Guys who raped women were definitely wacked. If anyone were to asault any woman at one of their hangouts he'd land up in a car trunk. They're old fashioned that way. It's not exactly the rule of law, but it has some merit to it.
Thanks Tony!

That's very comforting.(Or, at least, I think it might be comforting, I'm not really sure.) LOL

According to the BF and his buddies, there's some sort of a shrine to Al Capone when you walk in the front door.

They seem to think it's only a joke, but after hearing this from you I'm thinking maybe it's not entirely a joke!
Jenny Four Eyes

AOL

#5 Apr 1, 2008
Tony wrote:
Hey Jenny Four Eyes!
I talked to someone about this very subject on one of these Topix boards yesterday or the day before, but I thought he was kidding. I think it might have been an off topic discussion and I can't seem to find the thread now. If I find it I'll link it to here.
If you decide to go, I'd definitely bring your swim suit. I told the guy who I thought was kidding that I was going to go, and I still just might. But I'm definitely bringing my suit too, and I'm a guy. I think being the only naked guy there would be almost as bad as being the only naked chick. But if other people were naked too I might just might consider doing without. But I'd bring my suit to keep my options open.
OMG. Wait a minute!

Don't I know you Mr. Tony?

Aren't you one of the men who, sometime last month, explained the difference between "showers" and "growers" to me?

Please tell me that you are!
Tony

West Chicago, IL

#6 Apr 1, 2008
Jenny Four Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG. Wait a minute!
Don't I know you Mr. Tony?
Aren't you one of the men who, sometime last month, explained the difference between "showers" and "growers" to me?
Please tell me that you are!
I gave you that vital insider information and you forgot me? I'm hurt Jenny Four Eyes! Sniff. Sniff.
Jenny Four Eyes

AOL

#7 Apr 1, 2008
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you that vital insider information and you forgot me? I'm hurt Jenny Four Eyes! Sniff. Sniff.
Tony!

Tony!

Tony!

I'm a little slow sometimes, please forgive me.

I remember you. I always LOVED you. You were always so nice.

We're you serious about wanting to visit the newly coed bath-house? Could you come this Sunday morning?

How far away is Darien?(I'm ashamed to say that I don't know much of Illinois outside Chicago Evanston and Oak Park.)

I'd LOVE to meet you in person!

You've got to come!

We can go on this adventure together!

I've even thought of a joke you could help me pull on my boyfriend!
Tony

West Chicago, IL

#8 Apr 1, 2008
Jenny Four Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony!
Tony!
Tony!
I'm a little slow sometimes, please forgive me.
I remember you. I always LOVED you. You were always so nice.
We're you serious about wanting to visit the newly coed bath-house? Could you come this Sunday morning?
How far away is Darien?(I'm ashamed to say that I don't know much of Illinois outside Chicago Evanston and Oak Park.)
I'd LOVE to meet you in person!
You've got to come!
We can go on this adventure together!
I've even thought of a joke you could help me pull on my boyfriend!
Jenny!
Jenny!
Jenny!

You actually had me thinking about it right up to the "help me play a joke on my boyfriend" part. I don't want to play any joke on a man I've never met.

And besides, if you're worried about whether you should be naked with your boyfriend and his buddies, should you really be inviting additional strange men from the internet to come be naked with you? Sounds kind of dangerous to me.

Play Jenny Four Eyes, but play safe!
Join Free
Jenny Four Eyes

AOL

#9 Apr 1, 2008
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Jenny!
Jenny!
Jenny!
You actually had me thinking about it right up to the "help me play a joke on my boyfriend" part. I don't want to play any joke on a man I've never met.
And besides, if you're worried about whether you should be naked with your boyfriend and his buddies, should you really be inviting additional strange men from the internet to come be naked with you? Sounds kind of dangerous to me.
Play Jenny Four Eyes, but play safe!
But you're NOT a stranger - you're Tony from Topix! I wouldn't invite just anyone.

I just thought it would be funny if we waited until my BF and his buddies were naked and then introduce you as my friend from the internet who explained the difference between "showers" and "growers" to me. I thought maybe we could even illustrate our discussion by pointing at the BF's "grower"! He'd be mortified!

But we don't have to do that joke. In fact, we probably shouldn't.

BUT I WANT YOU TO COME ANYWAY!

Maybe we can gauage whether to wear our suits or not together.

If you decide to come this Sunday morning I'll be the goofy chick with the fogged-up rectangular-framed glasses. I'd describe my bikini to you but I may decide not to wear it! LOL

Just walk up to me and say "Hi, I'm Tony from Topix" (even if that's not your real name).

And it doesn't matter what you'll be wearing (or not wearing), I'll be SO HAPPY if you come!
Tony

West Chicago, IL

#10 Apr 2, 2008
Jenny Four Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're NOT a stranger - you're Tony from Topix! I wouldn't invite just anyone.
I just thought it would be funny if we waited until my BF and his buddies were naked and then introduce you as my friend from the internet who explained the difference between "showers" and "growers" to me. I thought maybe we could even illustrate our discussion by pointing at the BF's "grower"! He'd be mortified!
But we don't have to do that joke. In fact, we probably shouldn't.
BUT I WANT YOU TO COME ANYWAY!
Maybe we can gauage whether to wear our suits or not together.
If you decide to come this Sunday morning I'll be the goofy chick with the fogged-up rectangular-framed glasses. I'd describe my bikini to you but I may decide not to wear it! LOL
Just walk up to me and say "Hi, I'm Tony from Topix" (even if that's not your real name).
And it doesn't matter what you'll be wearing (or not wearing), I'll be SO HAPPY if you come!
Oh, for crap's sake Jenny! You do realize that now any serial killer from the internet could show up and say "Hi, I'm Tony from Topix" don't you?

Also, I would never joke about another man's junk, let alone point at it!

The only thing I'm agreeing with here is that you are a "goofy chick". You certainly are that.

Have a good day.

Since: Sep 07

Bridgeville, PA

#11 Apr 2, 2008
Jenny, call the place before you go to find out if it is still acceptable to be nude with it being co-ed. Bring the suit with you anyway and put it on when you are there. If after you are there a while and feel comfortable with nudity....take it off. You are the only one who could guage that.
Pops Racer

Round Lake, IL

#12 Apr 2, 2008
I have no problem with Co-Ed nudity (in fact, I kinda like it), but I am almost certain that your boyfriend is pulling your leg.

The Russian Bath-house in New York (The 10th Street Baths) went Co-Ed quite a few years ago and they require patrons to wear bathing-suits. If anything Chicago is a less liberal town then New York, So I strongly suspect that the Division Street Bath-house will do the same.

I'm happy to report that in recent years some New York friends of mine have reported seeing women going topless at 10th Street. But that's the extent of the nudity I'd expect to see at the Division Street Baths once they go Co-Ed. In fact, I'd actually be surprised if they allowed even that much.

Of course, I could be wrong. So let us know what you find.
Pops Racer

Round Lake, IL

#13 Apr 2, 2008
Tony wrote:
I don't know if the Outfit even really exists anymore. It's certainly not the powerful national organization it was in the 60s and 70s.

But you're right about those Outfit guys being weirdly conservative; and that's one more reason to doubt that the division street bath-house would ever go naked Co-Ed.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#14 Apr 2, 2008
Jenny,

Take your suit...you can always take it off if there are other women there nude...personally, I wouldn't want my bf's friends seeing me naked, but you seem to be more open about those kinds of things than I am...
Pops Racer

Round Lake, IL

#15 Apr 2, 2008
Hello again "Jenny Four Eyes."

I've been thinking about your questions and I've done some reconsidering:

First of all, I'm now thinking that your boyfriend might actually be right about "the naked part". I'm remembering being surprised the one time I had a massage there many years ago that the Russian massage guy didn't throw a sheet over my butt. Or over my front when he had me roll over. I didn't really care, but that does show that the place has a very European attitude about nudity. If that European attitude still prevails there, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did go Co-Ed and naked. In much of Europe afterall nobody blinks over things like that.

But more importantly, I'm concerned that all the advice you've been getting seems to have been from men. I think other women would be better at giving you some idea about whether going to this bath-house and being naked is a good idea or not. I hope you don't mind, but I asked a few women in other topix chat-rooms if they wouldn't give you some advice. I also suggest that you seek advice from some of your non-virtual female friends before you go.

Your Friend,
Pops Racer

Since: Mar 08

Oxford, CT

#16 Apr 2, 2008
HI Jenny, ok this does seem a bit April foolish but if not...
I agree with all above, absolutely research the place, definatley bring a bathing suit the first time (including flip flops), bring another girl friend, and when you get there note where all the exits are. good luck, and have fun.
Jenny Four Eyes

AOL

#17 Apr 2, 2008
JaneCT wrote:
HI Jenny, ok this does seem a bit April foolish but if not...
I agree with all above, absolutely research the place, definatley bring a bathing suit the first time (including flip flops), bring another girl friend, and when you get there note where all the exits are. good luck, and have fun.
Thanks JaneCT!

I WILL be bringing my suit!

I'd like to bring a girlfriend too, but so far everyone has turned me down. I guess not everyone is cracked up to be brave pioneer like me!

Seriously though, I am thinking about bringing my own car so I can turn around and go home if I'm the only girl there.(Maybe I'm not so brave afterall. LOL)

And thanks especially for reminding me to bring flip-flops! I would have forgotten that and boys do tend to have the fungus feet don't they? I'd hate to bring a fungus infection home as a souvenir!
Jenny Four Eyes

AOL

#18 Apr 2, 2008
Pops Racer wrote:
Hello again "Jenny Four Eyes."
I've been thinking about your questions and I've done some reconsidering:
First of all, I'm now thinking that your boyfriend might actually be right about "the naked part". I'm remembering being surprised the one time I had a massage there many years ago that the Russian massage guy didn't throw a sheet over my butt. Or over my front when he had me roll over. I didn't really care, but that does show that the place has a very European attitude about nudity. If that European attitude still prevails there, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did go Co-Ed and naked. In much of Europe afterall nobody blinks over things like that.
But more importantly, I'm concerned that all the advice you've been getting seems to have been from men. I think other women would be better at giving you some idea about whether going to this bath-house and being naked is a good idea or not. I hope you don't mind, but I asked a few women in other topix chat-rooms if they wouldn't give you some advice. I also suggest that you seek advice from some of your non-virtual female friends before you go.
Your Friend,
Pops Racer
Thanks Pops!

Will do.

You're always looking out for me!
Jenny Four Eyes

AOL

#19 Apr 2, 2008
Cheeka-Weeka wrote:
Jenny,
Take your suit...you can always take it off if there are other women there nude...personally, I wouldn't want my bf's friends seeing me naked, but you seem to be more open about those kinds of things than I am...
Thanks Cheeka-Weeka!

I'm strongly leaning toward going but wearing my suit.

I've decided that showing-up the boyfriend would be a dumb reason to go naked.

I also had been thinking that it was only fair for me to be naked if they were naked, but now I think that's dumb too. We each have to decide what we want to wear based on what we're comfortable with. And that includes me. If they all want to prance around butt-naked in front of me, hey that's their business. But I don't have to do likewise unless I decide that I want to.
Jenny Four Eyes

AOL

#20 Apr 2, 2008
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, for crap's sake Jenny! You do realize that now any serial killer from the internet could show up and say "Hi, I'm Tony from Topix" don't you?
Also, I would never joke about another man's junk, let alone point at it!
The only thing I'm agreeing with here is that you are a "goofy chick". You certainly are that.
Have a good day.
Thanks Tony!

I am a "goofy chick"!

You don't have to help me play any jokes at all.

But I still want you to come!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Human Sexuality Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ibhentse/ikuku (Jan '11) 1 min Matured 67,500
gay sex in Birmingham (Feb '12) 1 min Straight curious B11 10,447
Girls nude snapchat usernames (Jan '14) 2 min prmeet 62,050
dirty ki..k (Oct '13) 2 min Jmod 419,038
gay snapchat!!! (Dec '12) 2 min Bbt14 547,608
Live, dirty sexting here on topix and NOW? X (Jul '12) 2 min Quad35 430
42 yr old wife ask and i will answer 3 min lee 517
Bi/Gay Skype sex (Sep '11) 3 min alexkopy1 599,963
Gay/bi K....k (Nov '13) 3 min Officialnaldo 254,618
More from around the web