Why are young people leaving the church?

Jun 16, 2009 Full story: worldnetdaily.com 1,272

What does the age of the Earth have to do with the exodus of young people from American churches? Ken Ham, known for his Answers in Genesis creation-science ministry , says a major study he commissioned by a respected researcher unveils for the first time in a scientific fashion the startling reasons behind statistics that show two-thirds of young ...

Full Story
Pat

Granby, CT

#1287 Jun 22, 2009
Young people are leaving because they were never there by their own choice in the first place.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1288 Jun 22, 2009
Pat wrote:
Young people are leaving because they were never there by their own choice in the first place.
Not true. My kids used to love to go to church. I see this in church today, the kids are excited to be there. When the get into teenage years in changes.
End the Hate

Pasadena, CA

#1289 Jun 22, 2009
dodch wrote:
<quoted text>
Your points are valid. I think that would explain why "non-denominational" churches like Calvary Chapel are growing in leaps and bounds.
We have several Calvery Chapel Churches in our surrounding communities and even though I'm not a member, I have attended with my sister and her family many times. The CCC for the most part try to discuss todays issues, provide great music and the teenagers seem to have a connect with all of that. Just my observation, for what it's worth.
Pat

Granby, CT

#1290 Jun 22, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. My kids used to love to go to church. I see this in church today, the kids are excited to be there. When the get into teenage years in changes.
Yes, once they realize they have been lied to with a bunch of unsupported superstitious nonsense it pisses them off a little. It did me and that is why I have not been back since I was a teen. Being honest with yourself if a far better way to live than living with the crutch of blind faith and superstition.
Pat

Granby, CT

#1291 Jun 22, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. My kids used to love to go to church. I see this in church today, the kids are excited to be there. When the get into teenage years in changes.
Your kids also did not choose church, you chose it for them when they were young, before they were able to think on their own two feet.
End the Hate

Pasadena, CA

#1292 Jun 22, 2009
Noodly James wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very ironic. Read my profile.
I read your profile several days ago because Noodly James just sounded so funny to me.(Wish you'd change that photo, it's just 2 out there, LOL) Seriously, you remind me of one of my brothers, very bright, funny, He didn't have much use for people who made stupid comments but always took a moment to question them and plant a few seeds. He was a great brother. I miss him. Sniff, sniff.(He's deceased). Peace Noodly James.
End the Hate

Pasadena, CA

#1293 Jun 22, 2009
Pat wrote:
You MAY have a point. My daughter was 4 months old when I first took her to church, she was too young to object. She's 8 now and it's just what we do on Sunday. Sometimes we attend concerts, museums, library (very often) petting zoo, soccer games, basketball, tennis, golf, gymnastics, and oh so much more. It's part of what we do and who we are. The only things she really objects to is riding in a plane and horseback riding, so we don't; not yet anyway. Peace.

Location hidden

#1294 Jun 22, 2009
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kids also did not choose church, you chose it for them when they were young, before they were able to think on their own two feet.
Nope, they always chose.

“Shaggin' Wagon.”

Since: Apr 09

Springfield, MA

#1295 Jun 22, 2009
SongBookz wrote:
<quoted text>
The person who posted the original article "killed" it - Fundamentalists often do this when they disagree with the responses.
Oh, you are on the side or reason? My mistake. I apologize. I was in attack mode.

“Shaggin' Wagon.”

Since: Apr 09

Springfield, MA

#1296 Jun 22, 2009
End the Hate wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your profile several days ago because Noodly James just sounded so funny to me.(Wish you'd change that photo, it's just 2 out there, LOL) Seriously, you remind me of one of my brothers, very bright, funny, He didn't have much use for people who made stupid comments but always took a moment to question them and plant a few seeds. He was a great brother. I miss him. Sniff, sniff.(He's deceased). Peace Noodly James.
Well, thank you. I'm sorry if you and I have crossed paths. My mouth gets the better of sometimes, especially after a few pots of coffee.
Pat

Granby, CT

#1297 Jun 22, 2009
SongBookz wrote:
<quoted text>
As of 2000, Christians, Jews, and Muslims (who worship the same God) made up 52.8% of the world's population
Who ever said bright/honest people were the majority?
Pat

Granby, CT

#1298 Jun 22, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, they always chose.
Yes, an informed choice to believe in Santa too. You brainwashed your kids.

Location hidden

#1299 Jun 22, 2009
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, an informed choice to believe in Santa too. You brainwashed your kids.
No, I was not a Christian then. My wife and I agreed that the kids would only go if they chose to go. I brainwashed no one. Your comments are completely ignorant and hate filled. I hope you find peace in your life.
Bustos

Knoxville, TN

#1300 Jun 22, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
<quoted text>No, I was not a Christian then. My wife and I agreed that the kids would only go if they chose to go. I brainwashed no one. Your comments are completely ignorant and hate filled. I hope you find peace in your life.
I beg to differ. All kids grow up with their parent's values. If you're a smoking, drinking, swearing, wifebeating ass...guess what kind of adults your kids are most likely to be? Not saying you were, Sir...but the "brainwashed no one" doesn't hold water. Peace...

Location hidden

#1301 Jun 22, 2009
Bustos wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ. All kids grow up with their parent's values. If you're a smoking, drinking, swearing, wifebeating ass...guess what kind of adults your kids are most likely to be? Not saying you were, Sir...but the "brainwashed no one" doesn't hold water. Peace...
I beg to differ, my grandfather was a racist, my father is not. I know many people who went in complete opposite directions of their parents.
Pat

Granby, CT

#1302 Jun 22, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
<quoted text>No, I was not a Christian then. My wife and I agreed that the kids would only go if they chose to go. I brainwashed no one. Your comments are completely ignorant and hate filled. I hope you find peace in your life.
Of course they would want to go with mommy and daddy. You took them and allowed the god hustlers to blurr the line between fantasy and reality in their young forming minds. A terrible thing to do to a child.

Location hidden

#1303 Jun 22, 2009
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they would want to go with mommy and daddy. You took them and allowed the god hustlers to blurr the line between fantasy and reality in their young forming minds. A terrible thing to do to a child.
Do you have reading comprehension problems? I clearly state this was before I was a Christian. Dady went fishing, not to church.

Location hidden

#1304 Jun 22, 2009
Time for a new keyboard.

“Evolve”

Since: Dec 07

GJ, CO

#1305 Jun 22, 2009
N2shotokai wrote:
Time for a new keyboard.
My "a" key always is the first to go...I have probably bent the little metal prongs holding it back into position for the last time before they fatigue off...
wello

Medford, OR

#1306 Jun 24, 2009
Tzimisce wrote:
See the main problem here is that science can factually prove something yet the religious zealots will still not believe it. You can show it to them 100 way, beat them with it and they still will say it is wrong. What is wrong is believing so strongly in something that it runs your life. I think the younger generations get that and do not wish to waste the time on religion when there is so much more out there then a musty old book of fictional short stories.
Agreed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Human Sexuality Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay/bi K....k (Nov '13) 3 min DanBoi321 175,219
Snapchat names (Jan '14) 3 min hotman 10,010
gay snapchat!!! (Dec '12) 3 min boy2562 404,460
I'm not gay but I like the thought of it?? 3 min Darksereth 3
h.orny20 add me to snapchat 4 min Laplamtej 4
dirty ki..k (Oct '13) 4 min DanBoi321 301,219
Bi/Gay Skype sex (Sep '11) 4 min Corbeau31 493,011
Girls nude snapchat usernames (Jan '14) 13 min Nickk 20,735
•••

Human Sexuality People Search