Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael ...

Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael Jackson fit?

There are 64722 comments on the crime.about.com story from Dec 9, 2008, titled Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael Jackson fit?. In it, crime.about.com reports that:

Pedophiles can be anyone -- old or young, rich or poor, educated or uneducated, non-professional or professional, and of any race. However, pedophiles often demonstrate similar characteristics, but these are merely indicators and it should not be assumed that individuals with these characteristics are pedophiles. But knowledge of these characteristics coupled with questionable behavior can be used as an alert that someone may be a pedophile.

[The part about Stockholm Syndrome is VERY interesting indeed... -ek.]

Join the discussion below, or Read more at crime.about.com.

JustAnotherThera pist

New York, NY

#65752 Feb 20, 2013
Michael Jackson fit the profile of a pedophile precisely. Pedophiles differ from sexual predators. Pedophiles are very age specific, always prepubescent. They are often heterosexual, and are not necessarily drawn to boys or girls, they are drawn to children. The reason why many more boys are victims of pedophiles is merely they are easier for a man to build a relationship with, and more importantly, the parents are less likely to be suspicious. In prepubescents, boys and girls are physically almost identical, with the exception of their genitals. Pedophiles are drawn to the innocence, and almost always have an age specific preference. One who preys on 9 year olds, is not as interested in 12 year olds. Therefore they tend to develop a “pipeline” of children they attempt to seduce. Once a victim begins to age, they move on to the next. Pedophiles also rarely want penetrative sex, and their desires can be sated merely by touching or fellating their victim. They often believe they are not doing anything wrong, only providing pleasure to their victim. Pedophiles also are much more likely to molest a non-relative, than a molester. Pedophiles also tend to work in professions that ease access to children, (teachers, coaches, scout leaders, amusement parks, arcades, clergy) They tend to develop activities that will attract children, or provide access to children. Swimming, video games, building model toys are a few. Jackson’s amusement park is a perfect example. Sandusky fits the mold of a classic pedophile, with 2 big distinctions. First he continued sexual molesting past puberty. (his victims ranged from 9 to 17) Secondly, he engaged in anal sex with them. Given his total profile, however, it is most likely he was a pedophile at heart, merely continued using his victims for as long as possible, if he didn’t have a new “recruit”, more to his preference. Every other aspect of his abuse does point to classic pedophilia. Culling out underprivileged boys, those without fathers, those lacking self confidence, and a total belief that what he was doing wasn’t wrong.
ononothimagin

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#65756 Feb 28, 2013
MJ fans are still as belligerent as ever.

Take the book "Untouchable," released last November by Randall Sullivan. It basically provides a sympathetic look at Michael Jackson. He writes about how great he was in fan friendly text,“a legend, a wonderful person, a great father, a massive talent, a victim of child abuse,” etc. etc. etc. but he doesn't say that he’s positive that MJ isn't a pedophile. Well, anyone that doesn't confirm with complete certainty that MJ was a sweet innocent angel is considered the enemy by MJ fans so, they've figured out a way to sabotage his book sales.

Apparently, if enough people claim that a book arrived in poor condition at Amazon.com , they won't sell it anymore until the problem is resolved. It has nothing to do with the writing; it's all about the condition of the product. Now Sullivan is fighting to get his book back on the market while MJ fans gloat over how powerful they are. If you check out the reviews of this book on Amazon, more than half give it 5 stars, saying it's an interesting, well-written book. The rest of the reviews come from MJ fans that call it "tabloid trash" and write about how they wanted to burn it after reading the 1st page!

For this reason, I've decided not to publish my book on MJ until this insanity dies down. If these maniacs are ready to pounce on someone that claims he isn't sure if MJ was a pedophile or not, I can just imagine what they would do to my book!!
Lulu

Palmerston North, New Zealand

#65757 Mar 1, 2013
Nope, I don't believe it for a second. I've always thought of child molesters as the one who always puts himself in a place where children are, like teaching, they usually make it part of their profession so that they can easily manipulate and groom children. Yeah, MJ helped thousands of children. Intercity kids came on buses to Neverland for a day of fun. He didn't invite them all back to his bedroom. Mac and his siblings slept in M's bed, and they'll tell you nothing happened. Some other kid friend who is now old said he kisses you like you kiss your mother. Problem is, society sees a man like MJ who is VERY maternal, loving and innocent, and immediately think it's suspicious. He loved boys AND GIRLS of all races. And he didn't act in a sexual way to children, because hurting a child wasn't in his heart. They meant everything to him, because unlike the rest of us, he lost his childhood, he didn't have one. He sought it when he was grown up, and quite simply, did everything in reverse. When he was a boy, he was like a little man. They called him the 40 year old midget. When he was an adult, he had the chance to be a kid again, and he seized it. It does not make him a wacko or a pedophile. It simply makes him a person who spent his life compensating for what he missed out on.

In the words of Paris Jackson, "Daddy is the best father you can imagine, and I just wanna say, I love him so much." Didn't that really humanize MJ? Because that's what he was, a human being like the rest of us, a father, a son, a brother. And the way he was treated is despicable. Remember when they made a drama out of him holding Blanket over a balcony to show the fans? There's a YT vid of him and Debbie Rowe in a hotel and she holds Prince (the first child) over a balcony to show the fans, then MJ does it, and then she takes the baby and does it again. Nobody said a thing back then, so why all the fuss when M did it without a woman beside him? It's only weird when he does such a thing by himself??
sex researcher in NY

New York, NY

#65758 Mar 1, 2013
No one can categorically state whether MJ was or was not a pedophile. The evidence overwhelmingly suggests he was, however. MJ may not have been the classic professional profile, one where the pedophile facilitates access to children by being a teacher, coach, or clergy member, but his career path was established as a young boy, and he really did not have that choice. The pro argument relies on the following behavior issues, augmented by the claims and payouts MJ made. Neverland provided the access to victims. (One of the recurring occupations of pedophiles is amusement park worker BTW). Other syndromes of pedophiles is a sensitive child like personality, hobbies and interests more typical of a child than an adult, preferring child companionship to adult, sexual issues with adults. 2 points you make are not germane. Your argument that he loved both boys and girls is immaterial. Pedophiles are overwhelmingly heterosexual, yet primarily prey on boys. That is because access to boys is much easier than access to girls. To a pedophile, they love children, not specifically the gender. Prepubescents are androgynous. With the exception of their genitalia, you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between a 9 year girl and a 9 year old boy. The fact he did not apparently molest his own children is also not relevant. While mant victims are abused by relatives, it is rarely a father. Uncles, cousins even grandfathers are usually the perps. A pedophile will tell you he loves his victim, and probably does. Unlike a molester of post pubescent children, the pedophile is not as concerned by his own gratification as he is by giving pleasure to his victim. Rarely does a pedophile attempt penetrative sex, he will however stimulate his victim manually and orally, and use masturbation, either during or after the abuse to satisfy himself. Finally, most pedophiles don’t believe what they do is repugnant. Whether or not MJ was abused as a child, doesn’t predispose himself to pedophilia. It is unclear what link there is, and many professionals believe pedophiles claim abuse history, true or not, in an effort to garner sympathy when they are caught.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#65759 Mar 1, 2013
Lulu wrote:
Nope, I don't believe it for a second. I've always thought of child molesters as the one who always puts himself in a place where children are, like teaching, they usually make it part of their profession so that they can easily manipulate and groom children. Yeah, MJ helped thousands of children. Intercity kids came on buses to Neverland for a day of fun. He didn't invite them all back to his bedroom. Mac and his siblings slept in M's bed, and they'll tell you nothing happened. Some other kid friend who is now old said he kisses you like you kiss your mother. Problem is, society sees a man like MJ who is VERY maternal, loving and innocent, and immediately think it's suspicious. He loved boys AND GIRLS of all races. And he didn't act in a sexual way to children, because hurting a child wasn't in his heart. They meant everything to him, because unlike the rest of us, he lost his childhood, he didn't have one. He sought it when he was grown up, and quite simply, did everything in reverse. When he was a boy, he was like a little man. They called him the 40 year old midget. When he was an adult, he had the chance to be a kid again, and he seized it. It does not make him a wacko or a pedophile. It simply makes him a person who spent his life compensating for what he missed out on.
In the words of Paris Jackson, "Daddy is the best father you can imagine, and I just wanna say, I love him so much." Didn't that really humanize MJ? Because that's what he was, a human being like the rest of us, a father, a son, a brother. And the way he was treated is despicable. Remember when they made a drama out of him holding Blanket over a balcony to show the fans? There's a YT vid of him and Debbie Rowe in a hotel and she holds Prince (the first child) over a balcony to show the fans, then MJ does it, and then she takes the baby and does it again. Nobody said a thing back then, so why all the fuss when M did it without a woman beside him? It's only weird when he does such a thing by himself??
More f'loon spew. He slept with unrelated children, he made multiple pay offs to families whose children said he molested them, he had NAMBLA-recommended books of nude and seminude children, he kept a photo of one of the special friends he slept with in the nude, the semen of two different males in addition to his was found on his mattress and mattress pad, and the semen of a third male was found on underpants and a neatly folded cotton sheet in a hotel bag that contained a pair of Michael's demerol-in-bloodstained underpants and...children's clothing. Oh. a child accurately drew and described a certain marking on his Thang.

Sounds like Michael was a pedophile to any intelligent, thinking person who actually reads evidence.

I can post links to all of the above evidence, just for you.
ononothimagin

Location hidden

#65760 Mar 1, 2013
Library Journal Reviews: The one question many readers will want answered is whether Michael Jackson was a pedophile. You’ve stated in other interviews you don’t believe he was, but that you’re not 100 percent certain. Is this going to be Michael’s lasting legacy?

Randall Sullivan: That question was at the center of the book for me. It was the starting and the ending point. I know I’ve angered some of the more extreme fans by failing to state that I’m absolutely certain Michael never had sexual contact with a child. Hearing from the family of the best-known accuser, the one who received that enormous settlement in 1993, planted some seeds of doubt. None of these people had profited from that settlement and only one actually allied himself with it. So I couldn’t simply dismiss them. But I did reach the point, after examining the evidence as thoroughly as I could, where I felt it was so overwhelmingly in Michael’s favor that he was entitled to the benefit of the doubt and to the presumption of innocence that he was forced to live without for the final 15 years of his life.

BASTARD!!
ononothimagin

Location hidden

#65761 Mar 1, 2013
There is only one version of MJ that his fans will accept and that's that the "King of Pop" was as perfect as a human being can be, as innocent as a newborn lamb and never did anything wrong. Anything less is evil "tabloid trash."

These fanatics are just making fools of themselves. Non-fans will NEVER unconditionally accept their lofty ideals. This is because it's impossible for any human being to live up to those standards. The only person that has come close is "Jesus Christ," and it's widely accepted that he's the son of God!!!
Michaels Guardian

AOL

#65762 Mar 8, 2013
Adman75 wrote:
I was a huge MJ fan when I was growing up- his music was a big part of my life during my teenage years. I have thought a lot about this pedophilia issue since MJ's death and whilst I don't WANT it to be true, I do have my suspicions. If you read the profile of a pedophile posted earlier, it almost describes Jackson to a T. It's scary how dead on the description is, almost like it was custom written to describe MJ.
Since he died, my interest in him has sort of "re-emerged" and I recently watched the documentary about him that Martin Bashir did entitled "Living with Michael Jackson" on YouTube. One thing I learned from that- and this is important- is that MJ was a dishonest person and could tell blatant lies with a totally straight face.
In the documentary, Bashir questions MJ about his plastic surgery and MJ vehemently denies having had ANY cosmetic surgery except for two nose jobs which he needed "to help him breathe". He says this with such a straight face and is so "convincing" that if there wasn't blatant evidence to the contrary, one would quite happily believe him.
The thing is, if MJ could lie so easily and so convincingly about something that everyone can plainly see, why should we believe anything else he had to say? He is similarly "convincing" later in the documentary when he denies having any sexual inclination towards children however since he is obviously quite comfortable telling blatant lies on camera, I have trouble believing him.
I suspect the worst however I really, really hope I am wrong. At the end of the day we will never know anyway.
That profile does not describe Michael Jackson to a T. That profile is just another pile of internet rubbish. You would not use the internet to diagnose yourself a with an illness, you would go to your doctor. No professional has ever diagnose Michael Jackson with pedophilia, that's because he didn't have it.

And so what if Michael Jackson told a few lies in his life. His plastic surgery was nobody's business but his. He was free to say what he liked about his plastic surgery, because it's none of your business.
Michaels Guardian

AOL

#65763 Mar 8, 2013
Michael Jackson did not fit the profile of a pedophile, if he did, he would've been sent to prison. It's as simple as that.
The Credit Angel Can Help

Albany, NY

#65764 Mar 11, 2013
Michaels Guardian wrote:
Michael Jackson did not fit the profile of a pedophile, if he did, he would've been sent to prison. It's as simple as that.
Instead, he was sent all the way to Hell.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

#65765 Mar 18, 2013
Michaels Guardian wrote:
<quoted text>
That profile does not describe Michael Jackson to a T. That profile is just another pile of internet rubbish. You would not use the internet to diagnose yourself a with an illness, you would go to your doctor. No professional has ever diagnose Michael Jackson with pedophilia, that's because he didn't have it.
And so what if Michael Jackson told a few lies in his life. His plastic surgery was nobody's business but his. He was free to say what he liked about his plastic surgery, because it's none of your business.
Get off your knees, from you position in front of the statue of Michael Jesus Jackson in his gold pants, and leave the church of f'loonism. He fit the profile of a pedophile, he was a pedophile, and he molested children. Have you even read the profile? Probably not.
Rickey Bobby

North Kingstown, RI

#65766 Mar 19, 2013
Michaels Guardian wrote:
It's never as simple as that. If it was simple, the trial would have been over in two days.

His money, attornies and influence kept him out of prison. Oh, and $20 million big ones to the victim. You never pay if you are innocent, and you never decline to take the witness stand if you are innocent.

If he hadn't bribed the victim, and he had had the courage to take the witness stand in his own defense, I might give him the benefit of the doubt. Without those things, he is guilty as sin. He was a pedophile.
Barry Bali

Denpasar, Indonesia

#65767 Mar 19, 2013
The trouble with " age of consent " laws is that they
are one size fits all. We all know young people who are emotionally and intellectually mature enough to make an informed decision to enter into a sexual relationship. We also know people who are well over the age of consent but will probably NEVER be able to make an informed decision !! Of course, those who have sex with very young children shoul;d be castrated and killed, but there is a big gray area
around age of consent legislation, well meant though it may be.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

#65768 Mar 20, 2013
Barry Bali wrote:
The trouble with " age of consent " laws is that they
are one size fits all. We all know young people who are emotionally and intellectually mature enough to make an informed decision to enter into a sexual relationship. We also know people who are well over the age of consent but will probably NEVER be able to make an informed decision !! Of course, those who have sex with very young children shoul;d be castrated and killed, but there is a big gray area
around age of consent legislation, well meant though it may be.
Age-of-consent laws exist to keep pedophiles and hebophiles from preying on children. I'm glad those laws are in place.
Lee

Burbank, CA

#65769 Mar 29, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Age-of-consent laws exist to keep pedophiles and hebophiles from preying on children. I'm glad those laws are in place.
Who's going to protect them from YOU?

Micheal Jackson was someone that young black people could look up to. Show business was largely dominated by whites. Little black children, many of whom had no fathers (single motherhood was a mistake that we as a culture thought was ok and it was a mistake)could have this glamorous, glittery star to look up to.

I am not a person who would go back and read all the court records and decide if he was guilty or innocent. But it does not matter now. He is DEAD. Guilty or innocent, he can hurt no one now.

Since he provides a role model for young people, he can only do GOOD now.

There is no point in degrading Micheal in the eyes of his fans. Let them keep their love for this great artist who gave them someone to look up to.
The Credit Angel Can Help

Albany, NY

#65770 Mar 29, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Who's going to protect them from YOU?
Micheal Jackson was someone that young black people could look up to. Show business was largely dominated by whites. Little black children, many of whom had no fathers (single motherhood was a mistake that we as a culture thought was ok and it was a mistake)could have this glamorous, glittery star to look up to.
I am not a person who would go back and read all the court records and decide if he was guilty or innocent. But it does not matter now. He is DEAD. Guilty or innocent, he can hurt no one now.
There is no point in degrading Micheal in the eyes of his fans. Let them keep their love for this great artist who gave them someone to look up to.
Why would anyone want to look up to a drug addicted pedophile that tortured innocent wild animals, starving them in their tight and filthy cages?

“Evolution is fab!”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#65771 Mar 29, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Who's going to protect them from YOU?
Protect who - paedophiles? Nobody hopefully, Len is a good lady. Very good.

“Evolution is fab!”

Location hidden

#65772 Mar 29, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>?
Hey, it's ChasUGC. How have you been, my gay friend?

“Evolution is fab!”

Location hidden

#65773 Mar 29, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't seriously be talking about Michael Jackson? The man was a train wreck who abused prescription drugs, recklessly spent money, falsely accuse good police officers, purchased children like they were items, and spent most of his adult life in and out of bed with unrelated little boys, and still continued to do it despite the warnings. That isn't exactly a great role model for young people.
ononothimagin

Location hidden

#65774 Mar 29, 2013
Michaels Guardian wrote:
No, it's not.

There's $ involved!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Human Sexuality Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any one for imo chat (Apr '15) 1 min Tramp629 128
Girls nude snapchat usernames (May '14) 1 min Pixl20 181,226
gay snapchat!!! (Dec '12) 1 min ArchieBull1 1,436,624
Chat/Snap with like-minded/mature ladies 1 min Perktyxx5 2
North east Dogging (Aug '13) 1 min Kate 2,683
small penis humiliation fetish (sph) (Nov '13) 1 min Bigdaeg 417
Gay/bi k.k 1 min ChubbyBottomBoy 134,297
New dirty k..k (Oct '15) 2 min tomhunter1993 215,811
Gay-Bi skype fun (Jul '15) 3 min Gdzgbn18 322,225
More from around the web