Single women over 50 on dating sites

Single women over 50 on dating sites

Posted in the Human Sexuality Forum

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#1 May 4, 2011
Why is it that so many women over 50 who post profiles of them selves on dating sites never seem to find the type of guy they are searching for in a relationship but they go on every day for months and sometimes for years checking out the guys? If you check out any dating site the ratio of men to women is around 10 to 1 so their choices are better than any male's who post a profile on a single's dating site. Are the girls searching for a little entertainment only? Girls you know the answer to this question.

“Free & Single”

Since: Nov 10

Tenerife, Canary Islands

#2 May 4, 2011
Quite right Wishbone, I have tried these sites for 3 years and I'm always polite and word my conversation interestingly, but all I get is 'come on over to Yahoo or Messenger and add me' or no reply at all. It's strange that women advertise themselves, but when there's any takers they just clam up. It will be interesting if we get any girls/women on here to explain to us ......

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3 May 4, 2011
PissFun wrote:
Quite right Wishbone, I have tried these sites for 3 years and I'm always polite and word my conversation interestingly, but all I get is 'come on over to Yahoo or Messenger and add me' or no reply at all. It's strange that women advertise themselves, but when there's any takers they just clam up. It will be interesting if we get any girls/women on here to explain to us ......
Yes like you I have experrienced the same. I have dated quite a few but their personal agendas are quite intimidating. They seem to have never dealt with the hurts of a previous long marriage or partnership ending from a break down in relationship yet they will advertise they have no baggage, he he he. Who do many of them think they are kidding when one gets to know them. Most interrogate you one either the first or second date as if you are applying for a corporate position within their self assumed company sadly.
sdw

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 May 4, 2011
wishbone24 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes like you I have experrienced the same. I have dated quite a few but their personal agendas are quite intimidating. They seem to have never dealt with the hurts of a previous long marriage or partnership ending from a break down in relationship yet they will advertise they have no baggage, he he he. Who do many of them think they are kidding when one gets to know them. Most interrogate you one either the first or second date as if you are applying for a corporate position within their self assumed company sadly.
correct wishbone24,it wod appear that women who are on dating sites seem to have a mulitude of issues,but then again this can also be said about men in general

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#5 May 5, 2011
sdw wrote:
<quoted text>correct wishbone24,it wod appear that women who are on dating sites seem to have a mulitude of issues,but then again this can also be said about men in general
Just wondering, are you female or male. Are you trying to balance things out here which is not a problem.. I was looking for a decisive comment one way or the other about female view points but I don't mind a comment about males either...
dan

Watsonville, CA

#6 May 5, 2011
wishbone24 wrote:
Why is it that so many women over 50 who post profiles of them selves on dating sites never seem to find the type of guy they are searching for in a relationship but they go on every day for months and sometimes for years checking out the guys? If you check out any dating site the ratio of men to women is around 10 to 1 so their choices are better than any male's who post a profile on a single's dating site. Are the girls searching for a little entertainment only? Girls you know the answer to this question.
women want to be desired, chased, lusted after...self-esteem thing but most do not want to go any further....so you go after them and tell them how much you want to get to know them,etc. but that's all you get. I did Ashley Madison and met with a couple of ladies. The one I wanted to pursue, got frightened off. It never went beyond dinner.
Jeffsm

United States

#7 May 5, 2011
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
women want to be desired, chased, lusted after...self-esteem thing but most do not want to go any further....so you go after them and tell them how much you want to get to know them,etc. but that's all you get. I did Ashley Madison and met with a couple of ladies. The one I wanted to pursue, got frightened off. It never went beyond dinner.
Most women don't care for sex much. Only a small percent. I've had women tell me that so I have to go with it. Honestly, if u were a girl would you want sex with us ??.......there's your answer.
Amazed at the Insanity

Goshen, IN

#8 May 5, 2011
wishbone24 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes like you I have experrienced the same. I have dated quite a few but their personal agendas are quite intimidating. They seem to have never dealt with the hurts of a previous long marriage or partnership ending from a break down in relationship yet they will advertise they have no baggage, he he he. Who do many of them think they are kidding when one gets to know them. Most interrogate you one either the first or second date as if you are applying for a corporate position within their self assumed company sadly.
I think it's simple as I do the same thing. It might not be an interrogation but I am asking things up front from jump street. I do not want to waste my time by simply being "allowed" to take someone out numerous times, only to find out that they're nothing close to what they've portrayed or what I am searching for.
I can't blame them for wanting to cut through the crap either. You stated the odds are disproportionate. Use your head... they have many more to go through then the men do. Why should they waste time if they are older? Why make small talk?
If your search is for someone compatable for a long term relationship, what good is it to see someone numerous times with no end goal?
For all I know, maybe your searches parameters are not adequate for your goals... maybe you could refine your desires or goals?
Good Luck bud.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#9 May 5, 2011
Jeffsm wrote:
<quoted text>Most women don't care for sex much. Only a small percent. I've had women tell me that so I have to go with it. Honestly, if u were a girl would you want sex with us ??.......there's your answer.
Well I'm a girl and for sure I'd like to have sex with you Jeffsm:)
rocker53zero

Belfast, UK

#10 May 8, 2011
I have met a few off POF, who were ok...

[email protected]
Jeffsm

United States

#11 May 9, 2011
alectrona wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm a girl and for sure I'd like to have sex with you Jeffsm:)
Darn.....it's always the girls 3 states away !!!!......lol

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#12 May 9, 2011
Jeffsm wrote:
<quoted text>Darn.....it's always the girls 3 states away !!!!......lol
Isn't that known as safety in distance or GI,, geographicaly impossible, The more you write these chicks the better they feel about them selves without having to meet you. Connection made with you purposely. LOL
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Human Sexuality Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chubby woman over18 1 min chato123456 1
New dirty k..k (Oct '15) 2 min Yeahyeahcc 251,393
Family shower playtime? (Apr '13) 2 min familyfun 174
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 2 min hal 5,998
gay snapchat!!! (Dec '12) 2 min Iceberg_t 1,505,074
Would you rather get a facial, or swallow (Aug '15) 2 min C-Low 12 219
Snapchat usernames ;) (Jan '13) 3 min LexiLick 48,021
Gay/bi k.k (Nov '15) 5 min mokenord 154,645
what is the most forbidden sex you ever had ? (May '11) 6 min Allison 25,945
Gay-Bi skype fun (Jul '15) 6 min earthearth777 356,006
More from around the web