Posted in the Human Sexuality Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Emma

Waukesha, WI

#1 Jan 17, 2009
Hey all
I've always wonder if there is any danger in shaving your pubic hair. I've been shaving my pubic hair for years but never really did any studies into if it is a danger to shave.
What is the pubic hair good for anyways?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 Jan 17, 2009
Well, it has only come vouge to shave/wax in the last few years. So it has been millions of years of full junk, then partial junk, to landing strip junk and finally no junk. Millions of years with junk, so we don't have all the data. Mine was for keeping the step kids warm I'm sure. But mine are silky smooth now. And the biggest danger to me is nics and cuts.
dude

Nottingham, UK

#3 Jan 17, 2009
No danger whatsoever ;)

“Men should be submissive”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#4 Jan 17, 2009
Yes!!! With the week of below zero F temps we had here in the midwest, your cooter gets pretty darn cold!!!!! Thank goodness for the kindness of men willing to heat it up. That friction really works.

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#5 Jan 17, 2009
There is some danger in shaving your pubic hair and it IS there for a good reason.

1. You could cut yourself shaving.
2. The purpose of pubic hair is to provide a very large surface area for the pheromones that that body secretes. This means a little bit of pheromones goes a LOOOONNNGGGG way. Pheromones stimulate sex, which is why people like to put their nose and mouth in the pubic area.

My advice: Don't shave it.

PEACE !

:)

“Nemo ante mortem beatus!”

Since: Nov 08

Small Town USA

#6 Jan 17, 2009
It shows good hygiene
Yemen yemen

Satellite Provider

#7 Mar 5, 2009
I do not yet understand fully also the necessity of that stuff. But some cool babes like it there for sex.Some hate it, but what is the medical advice?

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#8 Mar 6, 2009
Carolinagurl wrote:
It shows good hygiene
It does NOT show good hygiene ! It shows ignorance of why pubes are there.

Nature put pubic hair is there for a reason and it it is to provide a large surface area for the pheromones the body releases.

Shaving your pubes reduces this surface area by more than 99%.

Shaving your pubes increases the risk of lacerations and infections.

It's there for a REASON !
Join Free

Since: Jan 09

Troy, MI

#9 Mar 6, 2009
Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature put pubic hair is there for a reason and it it is to provide a large surface area for the pheromones the body releases.
One of the reasons it is there on my wife is to provide for a wonderfully intimate experience of having me shave it all away.(grin) We both love the shaving and of course the sex without the pubes (both regular and oral) is wonderful as well.

Since: Jan 09

Troy, MI

#10 Mar 6, 2009
Emma wrote:
Hey all
I've always wonder if there is any danger in shaving your pubic hair. I've been shaving my pubic hair for years but never really did any studies into if it is a danger to shave.
What is the pubic hair good for anyways?
There is no more danger in shaving your pubic hair than there is in shaving any other body hair like legs or arm pits or face or for me my head. I am curious if those who say otherwise also refrain from shaving any other part of their bodies. It truly is just a preference.
David

UK

#11 Mar 7, 2009
la la la lola wrote:
Yes!!! With the week of below zero F temps we had here in the midwest, your cooter gets pretty darn cold!!!!! Thank goodness for the kindness of men willing to heat it up. That friction really works.
You could buy it a merkin for those chilly days and nights Lol
Sheena

Richmond, KY

#12 Dec 13, 2009
I shaved for a while. I quit when I went to my gynecologist and she threw a fit on me. She said it greatly increases the risk of catching a disease. I told her I was married, and she insisted I stop. She said herpes and hepatitis c were very easily spread that way, and HIV was more likely. I like the smoothness, but not at the risk to my life!
WorriedShaver

United States

#13 Dec 23, 2009
I cut myself while shaving. Is that bad?
Jack

AOL

#14 Dec 23, 2009
Sheena wrote:
I shaved for a while. I quit when I went to my gynecologist and she threw a fit on me. She said it greatly increases the risk of catching a disease. I told her I was married, and she insisted I stop. She said herpes and hepatitis c were very easily spread that way, and HIV was more likely. I like the smoothness, but not at the risk to my life!
Your Gyno is full of bull! Just be sure you use a sharp razor (a new one preferable) since sharp razors wont cause nicks and cuts. You can ask you hubby to shave you, you never know where it may lead-LOL. I'd help you shave if I were your neighbor and a clean shaven pussey is a good looking inviting, delicious pussey.Feel good to to the touch and my lips and face.
James

AOL

#15 Dec 23, 2009
la la la lola wrote:
la la la la lola if you happen to revisit this, I'll be most happy to keep your cooter warm. By blowing my hot breath there or yeah by friction lol.
Buster

Salt Rock, South Africa

#16 May 23, 2010
Anyone ever been asked by a Mom to deflower her own teenage daughter(s)because you are such a good & gentle lover? Did you agree to, and actually do the deed and how did it work out?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#17 May 23, 2010
Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
<quoted text>
I Agree.
Gsw

Satellite Provider

#19 Apr 14, 2012
The truth about this is that its highly recommended for babes and not for guys its very bad as its reduces your sperm production due to temp difference,its also makes you less enjoy sex except off course you are on drug,its makes you easily tired also except if you on drugs,and lastly you run the risk of gettin weaker that usual as you dont enjoy it because your hair stimulate long time sexing.Medical doctor departmental studies harvard
XPM

Kent, WA

#20 Apr 22, 2012
dude wrote:
No danger whatsoever ;)
Pubic hair removal naturally irritates and inflames the hair follicles left behind, leaving microscopic open wounds. Rather than suffering a comparison to a bristle brush, frequent hair removal is necessary to stay smooth, causing regular irritation of the shaved or waxed area. When that irritation is combined with the warm moist environment of the genitals, it becomes a happy culture media for some of the nastiest of bacterial pathogens, namely group A streptococcus, staphylococcus aureus and its recently mutated cousin methicillin resistant staph aureus (MRSA). There is an increase in staph boils and abscesses, necessitating incisions to drain the infection, resulting in scarring that can be significant. It is not at all unusual to find pustules and other hair follicle inflammation papules on shaved genitals.
Additionally, Iíve seen cellulitis (soft tissue bacterial infection without abscess) of the scrotum, labia and penis from spread of bacteria from shaving or from sexual contact with strep or staph bacteria from a partnerís skin
Some clinicians are finding that freshly shaved pubic areas and genitals are also more vulnerable to herpes infections due to the microscopic wounds being exposed to virus carried by mouth or genitals. It follows that there may be vulnerability to spread of other STIs as well.
Pubic hair does have a purpose, providing cushion against friction that can cause skin abrasion and injury, protection from bacteria and other unwanted pathogens, and is the visible result of long awaited adolescent hormones, certainly nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about.
Overall it's very dangerous to shave your pubic hair. It's absolutely ridiculous that you are making yourself vunerable to infection and disease just so you can fit in with the current trend.
AlMorr

Glasgow, UK

#21 Oct 12, 2012
cac90277 wrote:
Well, it has only come vouge to shave/wax in the last few years. So it has been millions of years of full junk, then partial junk, to landing strip junk and finally no junk. Millions of years with junk, so we don't have all the data. Mine was for keeping the step kids warm I'm sure. But mine are silky smooth now. And the biggest danger to me is nics and cuts.
Never ever shaved, waxed, cut or trimmed my pubic hair ever, I am 66 and I always wash my pubic hair, I have 5" long thick hair which is silky smooth, never had any nics or cuts either, so just maintain that area and you should be OK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Human Sexuality Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
40 yr old wife ask me anything (May '14) 2 min Mrnasty696 1,054
Gay/bi K....k (Nov '13) 3 min Connor18Kent 278,837
gay snapchat!!! (Dec '12) 3 min Hot_mart88 597,265
Rate my c**k on k...!k (Nov '13) 3 min Dj4y 2,817
spying on family members (Aug '12) 3 min Pliamg 131
why do white women look down on Asian man ? 3 min Asian power 1
Naked in public? 3 min Steve-au 33
Girls nude snapchat usernames (Jan '14) 4 min dfed25 75,726
Bi/Gay Skype sex (Sep '11) 4 min Adam-2323 633,179
dirty ki..k (Oct '13) 5 min Djames93811 455,262