Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 35949 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16589 Feb 15, 2013
deafbychoice wrote:
<quoted text> no. I believe aliens call themselves gods and people believed them bcuz they didn't kno any better. And the bible continues to suppress us.
And the Jewish culture is an expression of that suppression?

And the good works that permeate the world because of Christians is one too?

Really.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#16590 Feb 15, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genius, your batting average is getting worse: 0 for 30.
What type of radiation makes your face shine? Oh yeah, alien radiation. So this is an accurate description of radiation that we have no knowledge of.
Where in the Dept. of Energy's website do they mention turning your back or holding out your hand as a way to avoid spreading contamination?
Make your batting average 0 for 31.
So what word did homosexual replace in the bible in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?
Snicker Snort.
Robert
If you look up types of radiation, you will find one that causes objects to glow blue. Are there other yet unknown types? Obviously.

It doesn't take much of a brain to understand a primitive culture describing an advanced one would use such language describing protection. By the way, you forgot Moses being secured 'in the cleft of a rock'.

Moreover, why would a fiction writer of the time describe such a sequence of events? It only makes sense THOUSANDS of years later!

You still haven't even started to address the scientific knowledge involved in the Laws, or the presence leading the Israelites by day and night. Hovering over them. You also blatantly ignore the consequence of the encounter.

I suspect you are having 'second' thoughts... Too proud to admit them and too much in denial to face the consequences. Yet.

Smirk.

PS Can't say I didn't warn you...

Location hidden

#16591 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
With the very first chapter of the Bible establishing the first couple (heterosexual), and no homosexual relationship in the original design, let's look at the very next chapter.
What do you see here?
Genesis 2:18-25 (NASB)
18 Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."
19 Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.
21 So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place.
22 The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
25 And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.
Smile.
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."
The only suitable helper or mate for a homosexual is one of the same sex.
So what? None of this actually happened did it.
The question is centered on what the Bible says, not your opinion of if the Bible is right or wrong.

However, based on just design, every aspect of gender distinction balances the blend of both.

On just the level of sexuality, at the least, homosexuality is a wasted duplication, and in many cases, a violent violation of design.

Moreover, evolution condemns homosexuality as a defective dead end with scientists quickly confirming that it is a epi-marker mistake.

The bottom line is this; Your narrow solution, based solely on orientation misses the vast expression of blended genders. The Bible says something was missing. God didn't duplicate anything to fix it, He complimented and completed it with something distinct.

Smile.

Location hidden

#16592 Feb 15, 2013
alternative wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not because his concern was with the heart. Without law is there sin? When man becomes aware of something man then decides what to do with said something. Before which there was no sin. The heart, where is your heart? Bury your heart in sacrifices and laws and you missed the point. They did not get it then and they don't get it now.
The Bible is about relationships and not sin. The sin of idolatry is the only sin. Idolatry is the sin that popular Christian opinion of homosexuality. It is not about sex outside of marriage. Homosexuality is neither condemned nor supported in the Bible.
seeking truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think there was a single intelligent person on this site until I read what you said. thank you! everyone should read this and know this is truth.
Hardly, it is simply the blind leading the blind...

Romans 2:14-16 (GW)
14 For example, whenever non-Jews who don't have laws from God do by nature the things that Moses' Teachings contain, they are a law to themselves even though they don't have any laws from God.
15 They show that some requirements found in Moses' Teachings are written in their hearts. Their consciences speak to them. Their thoughts accuse them on one occasion and defend them on another.
16 This happens as they face the day when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge people's secret thoughts. He will use the Good News that I am spreading to make that judgment.

Location hidden

#16593 Feb 15, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 2 (NASB)
7 Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
18 Then the Lord God said,“It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.”
19 Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.
re - but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.
It seems that, initially, the Lord God expected that one of the animals would be suitable and only when no suitable animal was available did he make woman.
And there folks is Islamic theology on the value of women...

Location hidden

#16594 Feb 15, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
The bible has done huge damage to humanity and, even in the 21st century, warps the thinking of people who should know better.
Please, give a balanced picture of the good, bad and ugly of Christianity.

I'm curious to see the morality and intelligence of a dick...

Surprise me.

Snicker.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#16595 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And there folks is Islamic theology on the value of women...
Hardly Islamic theology.
Those quotes came directly from Genesis 2 (NASB which is the source of the stuff that you quote)

The Muslims can be blamed for a lot of things but not Genesis 2

Location hidden

#16596 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, give a balanced picture of the good, bad and ugly of Christianity.
I'm curious to see the morality and intelligence of a dick...
Surprise me.
Snicker.
Re - even in the 21st century, warps the thinking of people who should know better.
That is one of the bad things which takes away a Christian's ability to look critically at his holy book and discard that which is absurd, or no longer relevant.

Other bad sides of Christianity include the early crusades, Inquisition, witch persecution, stifling of science and ideas contrary to the teaching of Rome.

On the good side?
Within Christianity were (and still are) many good and decent individuals and the fact that they were able to survive in the toxic atmosphere of the Church is a tribute to the strength of their characters.

The great building programmes of the medieval age were a product of Christianity but one has to wonder about their value in comparison to the changes that might have been made to the wretched lives of the serfs.

Re - curious to see the morality and intelligence of a dick
I think it was Cicero who commented about abusing the plaintiff when one has no basis for an argument and I have noticed that most Christians resort to abuse, rather than discussion, when faced with a difficult question.

As regards my morality, I live my life by one single rule - I DON'T DO UNTO OTHERS ANYTHING THAT I DON'T WANT DONE TO ME. When it comes to women, I admit to always being horny but the simple word NO is the ultimate turn-off.

As regards your Snicker, you can shove that where the sun don't shine.

Location hidden

#16597 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
Your are obviously very fond of your Snicker

Does your priest, pastor, elder or whatever suck it off for you?
Do you return the favour?

Location hidden

#16599 Feb 15, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave him alone, or I won't su:ck your DlCK anymore.
Robert
Thanks for the offer but I have several ladies only a few minutes away who are very accomplished and, because I feel loyalty is important, I will restrict my favours to them.

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#16600 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look up types of radiation, you will find one that causes objects to glow blue..
My vagina is still glowing from the radiation and my pubes are blue. That's not a rinse; it's for realz.

I'm Kimare's inner lesbian and I approve this message.
Robsan5

San Leandro, CA

#16601 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look up types of radiation, you will find one that causes objects to glow blue. Are there other yet unknown types? Obviously.
It doesn't take much of a brain to understand a primitive culture describing an advanced one would use such language describing protection. By the way, you forgot Moses being secured 'in the cleft of a rock'.
Moreover, why would a fiction writer of the time describe such a sequence of events? It only makes sense THOUSANDS of years later!
You still haven't even started to address the scientific knowledge involved in the Laws, or the presence leading the Israelites by day and night. Hovering over them. You also blatantly ignore the consequence of the encounter.
I suspect you are having 'second' thoughts... Too proud to admit them and too much in denial to face the consequences. Yet.
Smirk.
PS Can't say I didn't warn you...
Genius, you are just incapable of posting anything that is true, aren't you?
0 for 33.
The biblical account says nothing about "glowing". Much less 'blue glow'.
"30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him."
0 for 34.
You assume there are other types of "glowing" radiation. That doesn't make it true.
0 for 35.
Neutrinos pass through the earth without slowing down, so hiding in a rock will offer no protection at all.
Logic just ain't your thing, is it?

What word was replaced by the word homosexual in bibles in 1946, and why is homosexual a better translation?

Snicker Snort.

Robert
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#16603 Feb 15, 2013
Mickaela wrote:
we will all burn in hell, if there is a God,'cuse we have all done some sins acording to the bibel.
ps:the only thing i got aginst homosexuall guys is that they are stelling all the cute boys...
there is no hell,hell is the grave. why would Satan punish those who don't believe in god or don't do as God tells us.because God and Satan do not work together
the difference between them is like day and night. I think Satan would rather reward you for not doing Gods will.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#16604 Feb 15, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>God is the same today, yesterday, and forever.
He says all homosexual behavior is extreme sin.
Who are we do differ?
Abby, Bible day's are not long gone,you refuse to except Gods word. the problem today is that people refuse to respect a decent way of life.Godliness is a way of life,and believe me Jehovah God is real.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#16606 Feb 15, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm crying from laughing at you so much, I can hardly breathe.
What's your batting average on making correct and factual statements? 0 for 24?
God you are stupid.
Snicker Snort.
Robert
are you saying That God is stupid ?? Beware God is real.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#16607 Feb 15, 2013
Rom.1:27,28 and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust towards one another,males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error. And just as they did not approve of holding God in accurate knowledge,God gave them up to a disapproved mental state,to do the things not fitting
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#16609 Feb 15, 2013
UPer wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, dope, that was a baptism, not an ordination. Maybe you should actually READ the Bible before claiming to be a Rev.!
All homosexual behavior is repeatedly condemned in the Bible. Try reading it, then repent.
UPer I agree 100% with you.
Robsan5

United States

#16611 Feb 15, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh well, your loss.
Robert
Gay alternate universe Robert, how are you doing?

Robert

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#16612 Feb 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
With the very first chapter of the Bible establishing the first couple (heterosexual), and no homosexual relationship in the original design, let's look at the very next chapter.
What do you see here?
Genesis 2:18-25 (NASB)
18 Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."
19 Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
21 So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place.
22 The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
25 And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.
Smile.

What ancient Hebrew word is there for homosexual?

One word can't be that hard to find, you made the claim. prove it.

Also, you've conveniently neglected to mention the other historical finds that make some (which one you haven't shared) Bibles more accurate.

Still waiting, again and again.....
Robsan5

United States

#16613 Feb 15, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey doug, STFU already.
Robert
Gay alternate universe Robert, why should Doug STFU?

Robert
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Human Sexuality Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gay snapchat!!! (Dec '12) 2 min Johnjohn_1919 1,518,930
New dirty k..k (Oct '15) 2 min Workinguy 258,358
Nude text exchange, leave you numbers and gende... (Dec '12) 2 min Big Steve 6,755
Gay phone wank (Oct '12) 2 min bob098 101,781
Gay-Bi skype fun (Jul '15) 3 min jordanwong390 363,051
girls and women cell numbers to text or sext (Mar '12) 4 min JOHN 33,232
Sleeping naked with friend (Oct '15) 5 min Mjf92 103
Gay/bi k.k (Nov '15) 7 min BlackishNerdd 158,698
what is the most forbidden sex you ever had ? (May '11) 14 min Oo kk 26,305
More from around the web