Scandal adds to Episcopal woes as def...

Scandal adds to Episcopal woes as defections rise

There are 42 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Jul 30, 2012, titled Scandal adds to Episcopal woes as defections rise. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

Membership in the Episcopal Church continues to slide amidst wrangling over gay bishops, women bishops, and purse-string scandals, the most recent debacle erupting in the high desert sands of New Mexico ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Jul 30, 2012
from examiner:

"According to disciplinary records of both faiths, bishops for both the Episcopal and Roman Catholic churches in the United States do have a record of covering up scandals, at least temporarily. Of reported cases, Catholic bishops tend to hide sexual abuse. Episcopal bishops tend to offer a mixed bag ..."

... to include sexual abuse.
Listen to the Word

Mohave Valley, AZ

#2 Jul 30, 2012
It is all part of TEC's "Growth through Decline" strategy. Look for more losses.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#3 Jul 31, 2012
Listen to the Word wrote:
It is all part of TEC's "Growth through Decline" strategy. Look for more losses.
Nah.

Let all iniquities come to light, including the institutionalized hypocrisy and bigotry that you advocate.

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#4 Jul 31, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from examiner:
"According to disciplinary records of both faiths, bishops for both the Episcopal and Roman Catholic churches in the United States do have a record of covering up scandals, at least temporarily. Of reported cases, Catholic bishops tend to hide sexual abuse. Episcopal bishops tend to offer a mixed bag ..."
Your insanity is showing again in full glory.

If you want to talk abouy the global drop out rate related to sex abuse I can flood this space with the loss the Church of Rome is taking across the world.

Mr. Null Set when will you learn to leave this topic alone. It onlt hurts the church you occasional or conditional claim membership in and it is the Church of Rome.

Of course you not even honest to tell us what church you go to if any other then the 1st Church of the Null Set called Empty Ego.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#6 Jul 31, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
Your insanity is showing again in full glory.
If you want to talk abouy the global drop out rate related to sex abuse ...
... in TEC, and we do, but you are the last poster to comment about the mental health of others.
Michael

Caledonia, Canada

#7 Jul 31, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from examiner:
Sexual predators have been caught in almost every diocese in the world. Those that didn't molest LIED, DECEIVED and covered up these most heinous sins. The very same men who stand in the pulpit every sunday pointing their fingers at the followers for their trivial sins, have the worst sins on their own souls.

Why would any catholic today go to confession telling their sins, when the priest hearing the confession, probably has worse sins on his own soul.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#8 Jul 31, 2012
Michael wrote:
... Why would any catholic today go to confession telling their sins, when the priest hearing the confession, probably has worse sins on his own soul.
As Martin Luther once said, the sins of the priest don't impede the flow of God's grace as expressed in the church's sacraments.

Location hidden

#9 Aug 1, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
As Martin Luther once said, the sins of the priest don't impede the flow of God's grace as expressed in the church's sacraments.
Maybe so. But, the pedophile sins of any priest are surely not much of an inspiration to the parishioners to gladly take part in any church sacraments.

Therefore, any such claim, by Luther or anybody else, is a rather hollow denial in the reality of a parishioner's church-life.

#10 Aug 1, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther once took a vow of chasity and another of pverty. So much for what he really stood for.

Here I stand I can do no there (at the moment because I am on trial and the entire Diet of Worms is watching me).
George

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Aug 1, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther once took a vow of chasity and another of pverty. So much for what he really stood for..
Vicky Gene made numerous marriage vows. So much for what he(?) really stood for.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13 Aug 1, 2012
All religions have had their share of scandals. That's because faulty and sinful human beings (all of us) are in charge of them.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#14 Aug 1, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so. But, the pedophile sins of any priest are surely not much of an inspiration to the parishioners ...
... while two Episcopal clerics prove to an inspiration to abortionists?

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#15 Aug 2, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexual predators have been caught in almost every diocese in the world. Those that didn't molest LIED, DECEIVED and covered up these most heinous sins. The very same men who stand in the pulpit every sunday pointing their fingers at the followers for their trivial sins, have the worst sins on their own souls.
Why would any catholic today go to confession telling their sins, when the priest hearing the confession, probably has worse sins on his own soul.
LOL - I love the way you get this guy, Michael.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#16 Aug 2, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe - calm down.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#17 Aug 2, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so. But, the pedophile sins of any priest are surely not much of an inspiration to the parishioners to gladly take part in any church sacraments.
Therefore, any such claim, by Luther or anybody else, is a rather hollow denial in the reality of a parishioner's church-life.
RevKen, I think Joe would be one of those who'd try to cover up the scandals - anything to hide the sins of the leaders of his "one, true faith". He's hard to take seriously, but I admit I get a kick out of his self-righteousness. Frankly, I think he's sounding desperate.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#18 Aug 2, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... while two Episcopal clerics prove to an inspiration to abortionists?
Joe, from the way you come across, I congratulate you on your total lack of sinfulness!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#19 Aug 2, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
RevKen, I think Joe would be one of those who'd try to cover up the scandals ...
https://sites.google.com/site/joedecaro/home

So much for your "thinking".

Location hidden

#20 Aug 2, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
https://sites.google.com/site/joedecaro/home
So much for your "thinking".
I read your blog, Joe. I have read it before, too.

Just about everyone who is at least reasonably informed knows that the Roman Catholics have TWO problems that are deeply rooted in their priesthoods. One, the most serious problem, is a permitted culture of allowing pedophile priests to conduct their 'monsterous' behavior under cover of the "sinless" umbrella of the Church - and when found out, quickly hushing it up and moving the offender to another location. Fortunately, the jig is up.

The second is that the Roman Church is now trying to deny that a culture of homosexuality exists in certain enclaves of its priesthoods. The only remedy is their poorly advised choice to find them and throw them out.

Your blog shows that you do not regard these two problems to be different from each other.

But, they ARE different.

The centuries-long Roman vow of Celibacy has invited development of an internal sub-culture of homosexuality. The only way out of this mess - for the RCC is, instead of trying to "weed" out homosexuals - is to admit and fully accept their homosexual priests. Most of these people are truly good people and deeply faithful.

Then, instead of "weeding them out," it would be helpful if the RCC deliberately offered their homosexual priests an alternative to celibacy with a sanctioned sabbatical in The Episcopal Church. We would gladly accept them for a time, marry them to each other, and then send them back as married priests to serve their Roman Church parishes in happily married and well-adjusted bliss. TEC should sincerely offer to do this. If the priestly couple does not want to go back, we'll give them a place to work.

You laugh. But, this would actually work. The Roman Catholic parishioner already knows that some of their priests are a homosexual. The faithful would much prefer that it would not remain the deep, dark secret that defines a lie.

The pedophiles would simply be left out, or at least made unable to function under any cover of pretended non-existence.

The Episcopal Church does not have the same kind or level of homosexual denial or pedophile cover-up that the RCC does.

We have realized that homosexuality is a normal sexual orientation for some. By Blessing their monogamous relationship, the Church recognizes their personal commitment to each other and the exclusive and private character of their union. This is a good thing for them and for everyone else around them. And it is done in the fullness and Light of Christ. No dark secret, anymore.

Does the bible have anything written about such Blessing of such relationships? Nope. In fact, it is reasonably argued that the bible contains clearly written statements in opposition to same-sex relationships, particularly male to male.

But, we know that the writers of biblical texts did not have the benefit of the knowledge of human sexuality that we have today - and about which we are still learning. So, we are making the proper adjustments to Church Doctrine and forming new Tradition to accommodate the facts.

Does the change in Tradition go against the Teachings of Christ Jesus? Nope. Our course in these matters follows His Teachings to the letter.

Is this change particularly infuriating to some? Controversial? Divisive to many because of their desire to make scripture the Ultimate Authority and to resist any change at all? Yep.

But, homosexuality is not the same thing as pedophilism. The pedophile has a serious problem, whether hetero- or homo-, that has much to do with trespass, abuse, control and destructive advantage over the innocence of vulnerable children.

Big difference. In fact, totally different.

Rev. Ken
A priest and disciple of our Lord, Christ Jesus

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#21 Aug 2, 2012
RevKen wrote:
Just about everyone who is at least reasonably informed knows that the Roman Catholics have TWO problems that are deeply rooted in their priesthoods. One, the most serious problem, is a permitted culture of allowing pedophile priests to conduct their 'monsterous' behavior under cover of the "sinless" umbrella of the Church - and when found out, quickly hushing it up and moving the offender to another location. Fortunately, the jig is up.
The second is that the Roman Church is now trying to deny that a culture of homosexuality exists in certain enclaves of its priesthoods ...
In the RCC, these problems are actually one in the same.

Gay priests in poor parishes tend to go after children, while priests from wealthier parishes, i.e., Darien and Greenwich, can afford to keep a secret boyfriend in an apartment in NYC; this actually happened at St. John's and was well-documented in the Stamford and other newspapers.

#22 Aug 2, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
In the RCC, these problems are actually one in the same.
Gay priests in poor parishes tend to go after children, while priests from wealthier parishes, i.e., Darien and Greenwich, can afford to keep a secret boyfriend in an apartment in NYC; this actually happened at St. John's and was well-documented in the Stamford and other newspapers.
So in your demented mind the pedophiles should do everything possible to work in a rich parish? Nice neighborhoods and better play ground to troll for victims. Yep, that sounds exactly like your thinking at its very best. Mr. Null Set is speaking let the world stand still and be in worshipful silence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sex Scandal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Male Teen Receives $1 MILLION Damage Award Afte... Aug 17 tell me it aint so 1
News Freeze your cheese, get creative with Christmas... Aug 5 Tex- 13
News Aliens destroy U.S. nukes, Trump defeats N Kore... Jul '17 Tex- 1
News DeMario Jackson's Ex Defends Him Amid 'BIP'... Jun '17 THE TRUTH 1
News Bristol Palin: Breaking abstinence pledge again... (Jun '15) May '17 Lottery Traitors ... 16
News 'He did it to himself': Anthony Weiner faces pr... May '17 overlord 1
News Hawkins County lawyer mired in sex scandal (Aug '12) May '17 HePharted 32
More from around the web