Why this obsession with what gay people do in bed?

Jan 12, 2013 Full story: www.guardian.co.uk 107

If nothing else, the arguments about homosexual emancipation have taught us that the penis stands tall in the conservative imagination.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Jan 12, 2013
I don't know why so many people obssess about what gay people do in bed. All we do is hold hands and hug and kiss a lot. What's the big deal ?!

:)
Gary212

Omaha, NE

#2 Jan 12, 2013
How come I never see you do it in public?
Cal In AZ wrote:
I don't know why so many people obssess about what gay people do in bed. All we do is hold hands and hug and kiss a lot. What's the big deal ?!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Jan 12, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
I've wondered the same thing. Why would a straight person concern himself/herself with what gays do in bed? I don't even think about it.
Nicholas

Anonymous Proxy

#4 Jan 12, 2013
I could care less what queers do in bed. It's what they do in public that disgusts me. People wouldn't mind gays if they kept their perversions behind closed doors!
Gary212

Omaha, NE

#5 Jan 12, 2013
How come I never see you do it in public?
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I've wondered the same thing. Why would a straight person concern himself/herself with what gays do in bed? I don't even think about it.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Jan 12, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
2,616 different ways to consummate gay marriage
decisions decisions decisions
What's a newlywed to do?

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 12, 2013
Nicholas wrote:
I could care less what queers do in bed. It's what they do in public that disgusts me. People wouldn't mind gays if they kept their perversions behind closed doors!
Your attitude is fair, but believe me even if it were kept 100% behind closed doors, homophobes would still find a way to hate gays. Sad, but true.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#9 Jan 12, 2013
Actually, this is a very provocative question, and one that I can't answer.

This obsession with what gay men do to one another seems to be a straight male thing; neither gay women nor straight women seem to spend much time thinking about it, much less worrying about it.

Similarly, none of the gay males I've ever met give much thought to what straight couples or lesbians do in bed. At least it's never a topic of conversation.

I suspect that only those who are insecure in their own sexuality give a damn about what other consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes. That's a cliche, but there's a lot of truth behind it.
david traversa

Rosario, Argentina

#11 Jan 12, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
Our enemies don't get even that much.. they're too gross to provoke signs of love and affection in anybody.. Besides they have to cross themselves before an orgasm, which takes all the fun out of it..
david traversa

Rosario, Argentina

#12 Jan 12, 2013
Otter in the Ozarks wrote:
Actually, this is a very provocative question, and one that I can't answer.
This obsession with what gay men do to one another seems to be a straight male thing; neither gay women nor straight women seem to spend much time thinking about it, much less worrying about it.
Similarly, none of the gay males I've ever met give much thought to what straight couples or lesbians do in bed. At least it's never a topic of conversation.
I suspect that only those who are insecure in their own sexuality give a damn about what other consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes. That's a cliche, but there's a lot of truth behind it.
Right! A lot of truth indeed.. They always have to run and check with Leviticus, just in case..
achyfi

Arlington, MA

#14 Jan 12, 2013
It seems to me a bit disingenuous for homosexuals to on the one hand, constantly throw their sexuality in everyone's face through gay pride parades and the like, and then complain that people are paying too much attention to what they do.

I think that whatever consenting adults get up to in the privacy of their own homes should be their own business regardless of what their genders or orientations are.
david traversa

Rosario, Argentina

#15 Jan 12, 2013
Gary212 wrote:
How come I never see you do it in public?<quoted text>
Are you in public everywhere and all the time? Otherwise, how would you know? I wish you people would ponder a little over what you post.. You sound positively idiotic..

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#16 Jan 12, 2013
Gary212 wrote:
How come I never see you do it in public?<quoted text>
Because you obviously weren't in the right place at the right time (Jones Beach, Field 6, July 4th, 1980, 11.32 am for instance.:)).
david traversa

Rosario, Argentina

#17 Jan 12, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple.. Sexual inadequacy breeds resentment and envy.. Their natural impulses have been thwarted by whippings with a nice, thick Bible..
david traversa

Rosario, Argentina

#18 Jan 12, 2013
Nicholas wrote:
You're ashamed of having a sex at all.. We're not.
david traversa

Rosario, Argentina

#19 Jan 12, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as homophobes, you stupid fk.
You're just blind to your own defects.. Isn't everybody?

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#20 Jan 12, 2013
Straight men think more about gay sex than gay guys do. It's such a curious thing to them, which when you think about is only natural. But being taught all through their childhood that sex is dirty really messes them up. That's when the hate and violence against gay men starts. Truth is, they really hate themselves. Being a straight guy must really suck.
david traversa

Rosario, Argentina

#21 Jan 12, 2013
achyfi wrote:
It seems to me a bit disingenuous for homosexuals to on the one hand, constantly throw their sexuality in everyone's face through gay pride parades and the like, and then complain that people are paying too much attention to what they do.
I think that whatever consenting adults get up to in the privacy of their own homes should be their own business regardless of what their genders or orientations are.
You have a point (about the parades).. I think it all started by a desire to let the world know we're here, we're part of the human race.. and the world should know it.. Naturally it deteriorated with time, as most things do.. But aren't you being a bit puritanical about their "throwing their sexuality in people's faces" ? I think your trouble stems from the idea that sex is something awful and it should be hidden away.. The act is a somewhat grotesque, I admit, but that's nature's fault, not people's.. Anyway you are to be congratulated for your restraint and good taste in refraining from using nasty words and the typical offensive tone.. You're obviously of a higher breed than what we usually get here..
achyfi

Arlington, MA

#22 Jan 12, 2013
mark in Toronto wrote:
Straight men think more about gay sex than gay guys do. It's such a curious thing to them, which when you think about is only natural. But being taught all through their childhood that sex is dirty really messes them up. That's when the hate and violence against gay men starts. Truth is, they really hate themselves. Being a straight guy must really suck.
How many times do you guys have to repeat this fairy tale to yourselves before you start believing it?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#24 Jan 12, 2013
fr NoQ:

>There's no such thing as homophobes,...<

Look in the mirror, for starters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sex Scandal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EXCLUSIVE: Woman details NYPD cop's alleged sex... Jan 19 not_shocked 4
Moody's cuts Russian government's bond rating Jan 19 RUSSIAN COLLAPSE 2
2 Albuquerque officers charged with murder in M... Jan 17 cops are killers 3
Kerry praises Pakistan military operation in NW Jan 14 MOMIN ANSARI 1
Mississippi congressman Nunnelee takes oath in ... Jan 12 eubert80 1
Police warn of online child sex 'grooming' Dec '14 easy 3
Principal, Assistant Won't Return To Stamford H... Dec '14 Mike g Papa 1
More from around the web