8,000 duckies do their thing in Vallejo

8,000 duckies do their thing in Vallejo

There are 13 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Jul 5, 2010, titled 8,000 duckies do their thing in Vallejo. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

Vallejo Rotary Club president LeGuan Lea, left, passes a rubber duck to past president Scott Peterson as they collect the winners of Sunday's Great Ducky Derby along the Vallejo waterfront.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

well what

Houston, TX

#1 Jul 5, 2010
It's fixed!
Independent Baby

Fairfield, CA

#2 Jul 5, 2010
Sorry to be a wet blanket but ... what happens to the 8,000 rubber duckies once the race is over? Did I miss that strategy in the article?

Thousands of pieces of foreign matter bobbing in the waterway just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. It's like releasing balloons into the air - looks pretty and feels freeing to the people doing it, but they tangle power lines, and end up in places where fish & fowl are ill effected.
Krystle Karimian-Murphy

Vacaville, CA

#3 Jul 5, 2010
We have so much to be proud of! It was a successful day in Vallejo!
Ducky

United States

#4 Jul 5, 2010
Independent Baby wrote:
Sorry to be a wet blanket but ... what happens to the 8,000 rubber duckies once the race is over? Did I miss that strategy in the article?
Thousands of pieces of foreign matter bobbing in the waterway just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. It's like releasing balloons into the air - looks pretty and feels freeing to the people doing it, but they tangle power lines, and end up in places where fish & fowl are ill effected.
Your not a wet blanket your an idiot. The same rubber duckies are used year after year. Please stop looking for something is wrong, when there is not. If your still worried, I can get a rubber ducky so you can stick it some place for safe keeping, if you know what I mean.
Vallejoan 4 Life

Vallejo, CA

#5 Jul 5, 2010
Ducky wrote:
<quoted text>
Your not a wet blanket your an idiot. The same rubber duckies are used year after year. Please stop looking for something is wrong, when there is not. If your still worried, I can get a rubber ducky so you can stick it some place for safe keeping, if you know what I mean.
That is a little severe but I am glad to here that they are used and reused. Thank you for the answer, for it made me wonder as well. Thanks.The Fire Works at the Waterfront were absolutly GREAT LAST NIGHT!! I had a most enjoyable time on the 4th. I hope it goes this way again next year. THANK YOU Everyone that donated and made my 4th of July very special for I have just returned to Vallejo after 5 years and wasn't sure what to expect with all of the difficulties Vallejo is facing right now. The 4th was fabulous indeed! It's much appreciated!
Carl Decarmo

United States

#6 Jul 5, 2010
Independent Baby wrote:
I went to the waterfront today, those cheesey ducks are all over. I call it LITTER and the participants and sponsors LITTERBUGS, trashing the channel. Pick it up, duck-doers!!!
Carl Decarmo

United States

#7 Jul 5, 2010
Ducky wrote:
<quoted text>
Then GO PICK UP THE F-----G WATERFRONT YOU IDIOT!!!
Carl Decarmo

United States

#9 Jul 5, 2010
Sam Kurshan wrote:
Do the duckies pee in the water?
See? It's comments like this that will prevent you from EVER, repeat EVER, get elected to the citiy council. Every time you open your mouth, its another brainwilt.
Independent Baby

Fairfield, CA

#11 Jul 6, 2010
Ducky wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow ... Someone needs a nap. Those 're-used' ducks you speak of are still frolicking happily in the waterway. So much for your theory. Although I do know 'what you mean', rest assured - you will never 'know me' in any way shape or form.
Independent Baby

Fairfield, CA

#12 Jul 6, 2010
Carl Decarmo wrote:
<quoted text> I went to the waterfront today, those cheesey ducks are all over. I call it LITTER and the participants and sponsors LITTERBUGS, trashing the channel. Pick it up, duck-doers!!!
Thank you!
Carl Decarmo

United States

#13 Jul 6, 2010
Independent Baby wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!
Youre welcome. Ive seen those ducks in the waterfront year after year, Ive NEVER seen ANYBODY picking ANY of them up.
Use The Tazer More Often

United States

#14 Jul 6, 2010
Krystle Karimian-Murphy wrote:
We have so much to be proud of! It was a successful day in Vallejo!
You call that a successful day in Vallejo huh? Youre easily impressed. I would say a successful day in Vallejo would be when we dont have somebody getting robbed, shot, mugged, or stabbed.
Seen It

United States

#15 Jul 6, 2010
At the boat launch today (Tues), saw abt 250-300 of them floatin around. still havent picked em up yet. water pollution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott Peterson Trial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suit: Amber Frey broke deal on 'sex addict' book (Mar '11) Dec '15 Derp 4
Who is a sociopath? (Apr '06) Nov '15 Lola 22
Scott Peterson's email address in prison (Oct '07) Sep '15 karen 98
I don't think Scott did this (May '09) Jun '15 dobby 7
News Scott Peterson family asking for donations (Jul '09) Apr '15 tom wingo 64
News Jodi Arias (Jun '13) Mar '15 Jinx 6
News Laci's mom outraged over Scott Peterson's blog (Jul '08) Aug '14 Stedenko 3,068
More from around the web