David Temple 48 Hours Mystery

Dec 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lost In Lima Ohio- The Blog

6 In Texas football is an institution where a gifted athlete is a star. In the town of Katy, David Temple was just that.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of94
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Davids Team

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

Judged:

Looks to me like David Temple should not be in prison....can you say "REASONABLE DOUBT"?
Fahad

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

Hello I'm Fahad and I'm from Saudi Arabia.

I just watch the 48 hours Episode about David Temple and honestly, I think he should not be in jail for many reasons.

First, There was no evidence that he did it. Its that simple. To me, the only reason that he's in jail because they didn't find someone els to blame.

Second, the most biggest alibi that excluded him was not taken into consideration, which is he was in a store when the shots were heard.
Now we have to take into considerations the kids statements about what they heard, they have no reason to lie, plus they were watching a movie which had nothing to do with guns!.
the only way for David to kill his wife (that if we have a strong reason to believe so) is with a hired killer. And until this is proven he is innocent.

The thing that everybody sure about is this is a murder case. what if its not? think about it...what if the case is a robbery gone wrong?
otherwise why would the robbers leave everything at the house instead of taken what they came for?
that would explain it. maybe they had the victim under gun threat and accidentally shot her. Or, she was hiding in the closet and during the robbery they discovered that someone is in the house. that would explain the location of the body. Things like that is expected with amateur thief like the neighbor.

Now we come to the mistress and her statement, which is the only thing they convicted David with. Her statement has changed several times if asked me I would say that she was in love with him and she wanted to make us believe that they were together.

another thing i would argue with is this: did the detectives measure the angle of the shot? by doing that they can determent the height of the person who shot her. if the person is taller or shorter than David then he is innocent.
People may argue that what if David make it look like someone els shot her than I say this: if David is smart enough to fake the height of the killer wouldn't he be smart to unplug the TV before he make it like someone tried to steal it?.

another thing people may say that where is the gun? you cannot make a gun disappear.
I say that we live in a time where every information is at hand, i can google right now: " How to Get Rid of A Gun " and there you have it. Is David the only one who can do that?

I came with these arguments from watching the show only, I believe that much more can be argued with if we took a look at the complete file, and seriously, David should not go to jail just because there is no one els to blame.
Sue

Leiwen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2010

Judged:

I absolutely agree. I have followed the case very closely for a while now and honestly can NOT say that he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I was and still am pretty outraged that he is in prison for a murder he probably didn't commit. Since I of course don't know all the facts (I wasn't in the court room), I can only speak for what I have read and watched about that case.
Fahad said everything that I wanted to say already...one more thing troubled me. He seems like a great dad, everyone who was questioned agreed on that and those are people who were very close to him. IF he in fact killed his wife...then he also killed his unborn daughter (who was about to be delivered), and I'm VERY sure that he would have been unable to do so. IF he wanted her dead that bad he could have also "staged" her murder just a little later.
In my opinion, there is yet another man in prison for a crime he didn't commit. And even if you want to argue that, then there is still the clear fact that you can NOT say "he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" in this case. No way.
Darla

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Judged:

I just read this book. He is guilty no doubt. His patents didn't raise him properly. He had issues from a young age. He's a sociopath. He killed that beautiful and I must say perfect wife. He treated her horrible. Which to me indicates no matter how good this guy has it he is biology is sheer destruction. I will never forget this horror. Such a beautiful wife. He needs to rot in jail. So many people around him are enamored with his football and just can't see the evil. His parents spoiled him. He has a huge ego. He killed her no doubt.
Nat

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Judged:

^^^I agree completely, well-stated. SOCIOPATHIC guy, raised to believe he was 'special'. The Temples never called the police to ask for updates, never tried (apparently, as there is no record of such) to put up any reward for information. Why? Probably because they knew he did it, were horrified, but to cope, pretended not to know what in their hearts they knew. GUILTY. Read "Shattered" by Kathryn Casey. And Heather, you're not beautiful. Belinda was.
Good ole boys

Hayesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

Judged:

This piece of trash is EXACTLY where he belongs. Blame it on his parents. He never did any wrong.

This is Scott Peterson all over again!!

RIP Belinda and Erin.
Doug

Montgomery, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

Judged:

This guy is where he belongs. Another athlete who was taught by adoring society and family that he could do what he wanted and get away with it. His wife had no enemies, no one who wanted to harm her. Ludicrous to think that a dope smoking teenager would be able to pull this off. What about the dog that police almost had to shoot to get in the yard? The only person not afraid of this dog was it's owner. All the neighbors certainly knew to stay away from this dog, any stranger going into the backyard to enter the back door would have been attacked by this large vicious animal. Most burglars look for easy jobs, not a job where they have to evade an attack dog. As for getting rid of a gun, how easy would it be to dump it in one of the many waterways around Katy? If you've ever been there, you know that there are many bodies of water around this town.
halsey

Landenberg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

Innocent!!!!
Matt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

I was actually in his Health class at Hastings High School, I was one of his students, so from a personal stand point, I did know him. I also knew his "mistress" Heather Scott or to me Mrs. Temple who was also at the same time, my english instructor. These two were the nicest kindest teachers to have ever taught. David Temple or to me, Coach Temple, he explained to us before that he was married before, he was accused of killing his former wife, but he did not ever go too much into it because it really upset him. One day, he gave us an assignment and asked for some time to himself. He was crying. After class, I asked him if he was alright, he said he didn't want to talk about it but I pushed it and told him "look, I may be just a student, but I want to do what I can to help, I'm here to talk too, even if I am just a student, I can be a friend" and he did tell me simply "I miss my wife" and I asked him "Mrs. Temple?" and he told me "no, my ex-wife that was murdered, her name was Belinda and I really did love her, only problem is our marriage was turning sour and we fought and I wish I could take it all back." I don't think those tears were from a man who was lying, I saw those as the tears of a man who truly loved his wife. He always joked around, one student even joked "what are you doing to do if I don't do the assignment, kill me?" and he said "now, that's not funny, but you know what is funny? detention after school if you don't get to work." he was a funny dude and i loved him for it, his more recent wife was also very funny and i loved her too. I don't think either of them could have seen this coming for Belinda to be murdered. I didn't see it coming myself when I saw him on the news being convicted again for murder. From all the evidence, I think he is innocent as well. The jury probably saw the gruesome pictures and saw he was having an affair and decided that was enough to convict him of murder if he did it or not. From my point of view, he is an innocent man
Matt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

Also by the way, I don't see how any of you who are calling him trash, a murderer, or a criminal, can even say those things about someone you do not know. I knew him and you know, he was not egotistic, he was not a sociopath, and he sure is not a killer. Spoiled, yeah, so what? I'm spoiled by my parents and I'm 23! I'm working hard to try to get to where I want to go and my parents support me and are trying to help me. So answer me this, will that make me a killer someday? I don't think so. I do not have the ambitions or the ability to even want to kill, not even my ex-girlfriend who was abusive, a cheater, and a horrible person all around. So before you judge someone, maybe you should think about what you say.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

Judged:

Matt wrote:
Also by the way, I don't see how any of you who are calling him trash, a murderer, or a criminal, can even say those things about someone you do not know. I knew him and you know, he was not egotistic, he was not a sociopath, and he sure is not a killer. Spoiled, yeah, so what? I'm spoiled by my parents and I'm 23! I'm working hard to try to get to where I want to go and my parents support me and are trying to help me. So answer me this, will that make me a killer someday? I don't think so. I do not have the ambitions or the ability to even want to kill, not even my ex-girlfriend who was abusive, a cheater, and a horrible person all around. So before you judge someone, maybe you should think about what you say.
Good comment, Matt. I don't think ppl need to be so judgmental either. Matthew 7:1 says it all-we aren't supposed to judge. I don't think David Temple is guilty either-not based on the evidence I have read. It is so sad some ppl get on these forums just to "vent".
dee

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2010

Judged:

I just read the book and he is definitely guilty of alot of things,maybe he was a good coach but a lousy husband,sounds like a control freak who got off on making his wife feel like trash,too bad she didnt leave him before he killed her,yes I believe he did it or had something to do with it.That Heather is a piece of work too,she must have no shame for what her part was either,she knew he was married and went for it anyway...now from what the book says She has Evan,cant believe Belinda would have ever gone for that,cant believe that her family didnt fight for custody of him...anyway,David is where he belongs the evidence proved that to me that he did the deed.
So glad that the family has closure.
Tim

Medway, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Judged:

If you love your wife so much and adore the ground she walks on, then you don't lie to her when she is 8mos. pregnant and say you're going hunting with a friend on New Years Eve's, and instead go over to your girlfriend's house to get laid.

That is not only a spoiled, egotistical man... it is a dishonest, disloyal, cheating son a bitch who rang in the New Year with a slut who opened her legs for a married man who had a small son and another baby about to be born.

Does that sound like a man who would lay down his life for his wife... which is what he said. Is that a sincere guy with good character? Of course not.

He didn't want to pay child support for 2 kids and alimony and give up his house and walk away broke. How unbelievable was it for someone to kill Temple's wife in the middle of the afternoon just when he decided to go buy cat food. Yeah, one in a million chance! If you believe it, then you are just plain stupid!
belongs in prison

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Judged:

Tim wrote:
If you love your wife so much and adore the ground she walks on, then you don't lie to her when she is 8mos. pregnant and say you're going hunting with a friend on New Years Eve's, and instead go over to your girlfriend's house to get laid.
That is not only a spoiled, egotistical man... it is a dishonest, disloyal, cheating son a bitch who rang in the New Year with a slut who opened her legs for a married man who had a small son and another baby about to be born.
Does that sound like a man who would lay down his life for his wife... which is what he said. Is that a sincere guy with good character? Of course not.
He didn't want to pay child support for 2 kids and alimony and give up his house and walk away broke. How unbelievable was it for someone to kill Temple's wife in the middle of the afternoon just when he decided to go buy cat food. Yeah, one in a million chance! If you believe it, then you are just plain stupid!
Exactly! I believe his actions showed he could care less about Belinda, his son, or his baby daughter. Not only did this monster not want to pay child support, he knew he wouldn't be so popular if he divorced Belinda with one child and one on the way. According to records, David Temple was obsessive about Evan's care as was Belinda but he just ups and takes Evan with him when the child has been sent home from daycare with a high fever???? THAT doesn't add up since Belinda was resting as he claims-I am sure she could have watched Evan while he went to get some cat food. He planned the whole thing and probably was motivated to kill her even more when she interrupted his plans by calling him at school and asking him to pick up Evan. So, he knew that since his family loved Belinda that they wouldn't back him in a divorce so he stages this big robbery scene and does away with Belinda and his unborn daughter. He didn't even try and save them according to the 911 tape. The sorry sucker could have at least tried to save the baby but he didn't. I don't know how a person of Heather's morals ever got custody of Evan either. Either the Temple's had some pull with a Judge or else Belinda's family didn't have the money to fight it. Evan doesn't need to be raised by someone with no morals or values. David Temple is right where he needs to be for life-PRISON! My judgment tells me had he won his appeal he wouldn't have ever been able to lead a normal life in Katy, TX ever again! Thank God he won't have that chance now!
clarice

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

Judged:

I have been reading all these posts and I am afraid that his family, maybe even his son, are posting and reading these comments. It makes me sad to think Heather probably explains everything away when discussing all this with Belinda's son Evan. How can she live such a lie, I wonder. How can she delude herself, and delude Belinda's child? It is similar to the O.J.Simpson children--they have to know their dad killed their mom, but to cope, they must try to put it out of their minds, or believe everyone else is lying. I bet Heather tells Belinda's child that everyone is lying, that David is innocent. So, so sad. What a terrible way to grow up.
TrueBlue

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

Judged:

He is guilty, guilty, guilty, not doubt! How could anyone committ a crime such as this, attempt to make it appear as a robbery by taking all of her expensive items, but forget to retrieve his own expensive items? Biggest mistake ever!It is plain and simple that he is a cold-blooded, dumb killer, with the only mistake of covering all of his tracks.
sugardaisy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

You are right, Darla. I read the book too, David is definitely a sociopath. Not to mention a narcissist. Some of the people writing on here seem to be very naive. Just remember, you were not in the courtroom. You were not on the jury. There is a reason he is in jail.
joanne

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

What really upsets me is reading comments where individuals are using terms like "sociopath" and "narcissist" and are more than likely not familiar with the actual terms. Do you have Psychology degrees? Do you have the credentials and experience to make such a serious diagnosis for someone you have NEVER met and have merely READ about? A clinical psychologist wouldn't even do that. "I read a book about someone I've never met, therefore I can decide what kind of a person they are" seems like absurd logic to me. I can publish a book about someone I've interviewed or know, but does that guarantee accuracy? No. I watched the episode, and I myself can't reach a definite conclusion...why? because I was NOT there. Simple as that. Please take my advice and stop with the assumptions based on a BOOK rather than experience. It's foolish.
imho

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2011

Judged:

What about the fact that the cordless phone, when the detective hit redial, dialed the neighbors house not 911, but the phone plugged into the wall, that clearly did not at all even come close to reaching the closet where he told the dispatcher he was kneeling next to her dead body DID redial to 911. Meaning he dialed 911 and sat on the bed, all the while acting like was on the floor next to her when he couldn't have been because that phone didn't reach. Honestly, for me that was smoking gun.
mystery reader

Oxford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

Judged:

Read the book he is GUILTY as sin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of94
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Scott Peterson Trial Discussions

Search the Scott Peterson Trial Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Scott Peterson's email address in prison (Oct '07) Jul 9 A Guy 95
will scott peterson actually walk free someday ... (Aug '09) Jun '14 Linda 90
Scott Peterson Applauds Sharon Rocha Over Her N... (Mar '08) Aug '13 mike 34
Jodi Arias (Jun '13) Jul '13 Alliance 3
Scott and Richelle Nice Are Penpals??? (Jan '07) Jun '13 Leeta 20
Laci's mom outraged over Scott Peterson's blog (Jul '08) Jun '13 psywizard880 3,067
Scott Peterson, Casey Anthony trials had simila... (Jul '11) May '13 pixi 12
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••