Calif. narcotics team at risk in budg...

Calif. narcotics team at risk in budget crisis

There are 2 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Jun 27, 2009, titled Calif. narcotics team at risk in budget crisis. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

California's budget woes could cut a third of the agents from a little-known unit that has played a key role in high-profile cases like Anna Nicole Smith's overdose death and the arrest of murderer Scott Peterson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

Erik Higa

Anaheim, CA

#1 Jun 30, 2009
I think narcotics are probably the single biggest problem we face. The effects drugs like crystal meth and crack cocaine have are wide ranging. It starts with kids doing bad in school. Once a person becomes addicted to these drugs, nothing else is important to them.

They will do whatever it takes to get the drugs. They are no longer rational. A person high on narcotics sees things different than a normal person. They have hallucinations, they are delusional. They will steal anything from anybody. This leads to violence.

The people that will benifit from this budget cut will be the gang members on the street selling drugs to kids and killing anybody that tries to get in their way. The problem has already spiraled out of control. We should be doing more, not less.

United States

#2 Jun 30, 2009
Until prohibition is repealed and drugs are legalized so that they can be effectively regulated and controlled, we will have illegal drug money fueling gangs, cartels and terrorists; a deep hole in our public budgets; millions of Americans with criminal records removed from the productive arenas of education and the workplace; lack of respect for the rule of law; …the list is almost endless.
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP) is a 12,000-member organization started by police, prosecutors, judges, FBI/DEA agents, corrections officials, military and others who fought on the front lines of the “war on drugs” and who know firsthand that prohibition only worsens drug addiction and drug market violence problems.
Drug Abuse is Bad...The Drug War is Worse!
Criminal Justice Professionals Speaking Out Against the War on Drugs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott Peterson Trial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suit: Amber Frey broke deal on 'sex addict' book (Mar '11) Dec '15 Derp 4
Who is a sociopath? (Apr '06) Nov '15 Lola 22
Scott Peterson's email address in prison (Oct '07) Sep '15 karen 98
I don't think Scott did this (May '09) Jun '15 dobby 7
News Scott Peterson family asking for donations (Jul '09) Apr '15 tom wingo 64
News Jodi Arias (Jun '13) Mar '15 Jinx 6
News Laci's mom outraged over Scott Peterson's blog (Jul '08) Aug '14 Stedenko 3,068
More from around the web