Galena residents try to save former b...

Galena residents try to save former bordello

There are 1 comment on the Route 66 News story from Aug 19, 2012, titled Galena residents try to save former bordello. In it, Route 66 News reports that:

In the wake of an online petition , a historic and long-closed bordello across the street from the Route 66 landmark 4 Women on the Route in Galena, Kan., has been spared from demolition and may eventually be purchased and renovated, reported the Joplin Globe .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Route 66 News.

PBKS

Osage City, KS

#1 Sep 3, 2012
Quite honestly the thing is an eyesore. If it were to be restored it would have very little of it's orginal materials. A puff of wind would knock it down. Take a picture of it...put it in a museum, and demo the building. Time to move on and clean up the town. If you completely renovated it, what would you do with a shiny new bordello? Open it for business? I would hope not. Time to let the past quietly exit into history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Route 66 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zettlers Route 66 store in Ash Fork put up for ... Wed thebuilder 1
News The best of hard times Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Luna Cafe Gets Its Cherry Back (Oct '11) Oct '16 Big Dick 36
Route 66 help? Sep '16 a7xmike182 1
News Roger Miller Festival moving from downtown Erick (Sep '14) Sep '16 Lineup 48
News University of New Mexico hosting Route 66 exhib... Sep '16 Dennis A 6
News Some civil rights sites at risk of being lost t... Sep '16 Bahili 7
More from around the web