Michael Jackson is gone, but his cele...

Michael Jackson is gone, but his celebrity hangs over the trial...

There are 49 comments on the Fox4KC story from Feb 9, 2010, titled Michael Jackson is gone, but his celebrity hangs over the trial.... In it, Fox4KC reports that:

There's no bloody glove this time, no smoking gun, no faded music icon showing up in court wearing a wig that made it look like he plugged his finger into an electrical socket.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
nicole

Kansas City, MO

#1 Feb 9, 2010
but what everybody seems to overlook is that jackson had a addiction problem. wether or not murray gave him the medications or not jackson still persued to abuse them that make jackson just as much responisible for it. dont get me wrong he was an amazing artist on camera. but what was he really like behind them.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#2 Feb 9, 2010
Quote;
'There are already more than a dozen Jackson Facebook fan groups, in several languages, with titles like "I Hate Conrad Murray" and "Arrest Conrad Murray." On Twitter, the Murray tweets from news organizations and private citizens alike pour forth by the minute.'

'Murray on the other hand is accused of accidentally killing Jackson by administering a powerful sedative, which Boyd said likely lessens some of the emotion.'

"It's not as though some person came to take Michael Jackson's life," he said. "This is a case where a doctor is simply being charged with malpractice and by extension manslaughter."

(end quote)
Mymysharona

United States

#3 Feb 9, 2010
He was a major drug addict and the doctor, like those of Elvis and M Monroe and anna nicole and Murphy and the batman fella Keith? Heath

It is a serious issue and many average joes do the same thing, if they cant get their meds from their docs they find somewhere else to get them or pay a doctor like jackson elvis and anna

The doctors have some responsibility and should be punished to some degree but the people will find the drugs if a doctor wont subscribe them, in my opinion that makes the person doing them responsible

Brittany's family claim not to know and I doubt seriously his kids know the full extent people hide it
Jackson has always had a mob of weird cronnies that worship him which is weird!! The family he didnt have much to do with want to do a witch hunt its rediculous!! What would jackson have done that day if his doctor said enough?? he would have fired him and got it from someone else

The doctor is guilty of mal practice but but he's not a murderer Jackson secluded himself and sought a doctor to hook him up for good bucks. He killed himself!!! And no one could stop him or anna or elvis.......The doctor needs a very severe slap on the hand maybe his liscence revoked and some time so other doctors dont see it as a agenda, but not a murder conviction Jackonson was 50 years old he killed himself
American

Pollock, LA

#4 Feb 9, 2010
Doctor Conrad Murray is not to blame for the death of Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson was addicted to & for lack of knowledge of just what Jackson was addicted to I'll go on and say most any drug that worked to his satisfaction at the time! Michael Jackson killed his own self making sure there was a supply of all the drugs he needed and made the decision to have the help to injest himself with what appears anything and as much of the drugs as he as he could get his hands on. No I honestly don't think Dr. Murray is guilty of anything but having the heart to help this sick addicted drug addict off the drugs that eventually killed him. God Bless to all Michaels family who I know are mourning the loss of their loved one. If only one of the family had stepped in instead of just letting Michael kill himself with drugs.
Pop Tart

AOL

#5 Feb 9, 2010
Dr. Murray could very likely have been negligent in this case, as he did not continuously monitor MJ after administering the Propofol, which is an anesthetic...(who ever heard of using this as a sedative, a sleep agent?). This is something that should only be administered in a hospital setting when putting patient's under for surgery, from what I understand. Although, apparently Dr. Murray isn't the first private physician who has prescribed and administered this drug to MJ.

Murray plead not guilty yesterday and was released on bail, with the Judge's stipulation that he not administer Propofol to any other patients in the meantime, but he may still practice medicine at this point.

This trial will be huge! Sadly, I doubt he will serve the four year max term, if found guilty and sentenced.
Pop Tart

AOL

#6 Feb 9, 2010
American wrote:
Doctor Conrad Murray is not to blame for the death of Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson was addicted to & for lack of knowledge of just what Jackson was addicted to I'll go on and say most any drug that worked to his satisfaction at the time! Michael Jackson killed his own self making sure there was a supply of all the drugs he needed and made the decision to have the help to injest himself with what appears anything and as much of the drugs as he as he could get his hands on. No I honestly don't think Dr. Murray is guilty of anything but having the heart to help this sick addicted drug addict off the drugs that eventually killed him. God Bless to all Michaels family who I know are mourning the loss of their loved one. If only one of the family had stepped in instead of just letting Michael kill himself with drugs.
Yes, if only a family member, friend, his doctor or someone could have helped him! I concur, my sympathies to the family who are still mourning his loss.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#7 Feb 9, 2010
American wrote:
The evidence points to Dr. Murray injecting Michael Jackson with an anesthetic enough to render him unconscious and stop his heart. This was done outside of a hospital situation and the equipment that would have made this procedure safe, making Dr. Murray reckless. Regardless of the patientís drug addiction, a physician or any person does not have the right to act negligent, resulting in anotherís death or injury, even if it is at their request.
Mymysharona

United States

#8 Feb 9, 2010
That is not a issue yes he did he was lured with $$$ and Michael would have found the next doctor he could buy if Dr. Murray refused
Can you imaging the tell the king of pop NO
The doctor had no ethics and was bought or he wouldnt have done it, but michael was of sound druged mind and body and no one was going to stop him from what he wanted
drugs

The doctor had a price and my understanding he was in financial straights when michael said come be my drug administer and I'll solve your money woe's

Their neither one innocent but I cant stand hearing michael glorified as a victim by all his cronies He commited suicide same as poor old Elvis
I do feel for the families loss of loved ones is never easy no matter what the circumstances

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#9 Feb 9, 2010
American wrote:
Doctor Conrad Murray is not to blame for the death of Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson was addicted to...
Of course what I said was at issue to what I was responding to.

Since: Oct 09

Trenton, NJ

#10 Feb 9, 2010
BillyDaKid09 wrote:
Quote;
'There are already more than a dozen Jackson Facebook fan groups, in several languages, with titles like "I Hate Conrad Murray" and "Arrest Conrad Murray." On Twitter, the Murray tweets from news organizations and private citizens alike pour forth by the minute.'
'Murray on the other hand is accused of accidentally killing Jackson by administering a powerful sedative, which Boyd said likely lessens some of the emotion.'
"It's not as though some person came to take Michael Jackson's life," he said. "This is a case where a doctor is simply being charged with malpractice and by extension manslaughter."
(end quote)
Billy I am supporting the doctor. I commented on one of Murray's so called pages.

“Haters can't tell me nothin.”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#11 Feb 9, 2010
American wrote:
Yes, he is to blame. Dr. Murray failed to follow the hippocratic oath. So he should be punished and made an example of. I don't care if it was Michael Jackson or not. Or if Michael begged for it, DOCTORS, should not do what Dr.Murray did. End of.
Pop Tart

AOL

#12 Feb 9, 2010
SheerRandomness wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he is to blame. Dr. Murray failed to follow the hippocratic oath. So he should be punished and made an example of. I don't care if it was Michael Jackson or not. Or if Michael begged for it, DOCTORS, should not do what Dr.Murray did. End of.
Right! And then he didn't call 911 immediately- he finally yelled for Security to call thirty minutes later! Michael still had a weak pulse and was still warm when the doc found him...maybe he could have been saved, if Murray had acted sooner. Not only that, but he attempted to perform CPR on a bed, not a flat, hard surface, such as the floor. And he's a cardiologist???

Location hidden

#13 Feb 10, 2010
Pearlhanna wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy I am supporting the doctor. I commented on one of Murray's so called pages.
I do believe the doctor is culpable and he should have monitored Wacko closer but in no way did he "murder" him. It was accidental and the f'loons can't see that. Murray should have his license revoked but not sent to prison. If he does receive a sentence, it will be a few months to a couple of years, maybe. He will in no way be put in the general population. F'loons need to get over it and see it for what it is. Wacko was responsible also. If this turns out to be a lengthy trial, we will see a cast of characters on the stand which could include the children. I don't think those kids will do good on cross-examination. All the dirty little secrets will come out about Wacko's lengthy drug abuse and his doctor shopping, multiple prescriptions under assumed names, etc. So much is swept under the rug and trials bring it right back out again.

“Haters can't tell me nothin.”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#14 Feb 10, 2010
BillyDaKid09 wrote:
<quoted text>I do believe the doctor is culpable and he should have monitored Wacko closer but in no way did he "murder" him. It was accidental and the f'loons can't see that. Murray should have his license revoked but not sent to prison. If he does receive a sentence, it will be a few months to a couple of years, maybe. He will in no way be put in the general population. F'loons need to get over it and see it for what it is. Wacko was responsible also. If this turns out to be a lengthy trial, we will see a cast of characters on the stand which could include the children. I don't think those kids will do good on cross-examination. All the dirty little secrets will come out about Wacko's lengthy drug abuse and his doctor shopping, multiple prescriptions under assumed names, etc. So much is swept under the rug and trials bring it right back out again.
LOL!
Explain how he didn't murder Michael?

Location hidden

#16 Feb 10, 2010
SheerRandomness wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
I already did. Learn to read.

Location hidden

#17 Feb 10, 2010
SheerRandomness wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
murder
&#8194;&#8194;
1. Law. the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).

Location hidden

#18 Feb 10, 2010
pay attention class

Lakeport, CA

#19 Feb 10, 2010
Everyone is confusing celebrity-ism with being infamous! LOL!
pay attention class

Lakeport, CA

#20 Feb 10, 2010
SheerRandomness wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
MJ murdered himself! He stood there with the gun, gave it to the doctor, said fire! Ya the doctor was stupid, but come on! MJ tried his hardest to get everyone to what he wanted! What hell did he put his own children through while he was alive? He is no saint! Nor do the majority of Americans and people world wide think that he didn't use his vast wealth to pay off his child victims!

He was the king of popping what?

If I have to see another pelvic grinding, grabbing, and trusting dance form the freak of pop I'll have to barf! He was and is unfit for any parent with half a brain to let their children see perform.

I think back to the freak of pop dangling his baby out over a railing on a high rise balcony, Yikes!

And the freakish way he would veil his kids, yet parade them around in the veils for everyone to see.
Those kids privacy was a joke! He could have kept their anonymity forever hidden with his vast fortune without parading them through front doors in veils.

To put him in the rock and roll hall of fame was a disgrace! He was not rock-n-roll, he was POP music dancing performer. That was in no means rock-n-roll!
Pop Tart

AOL

#21 Feb 10, 2010
BillyDaKid09 wrote:
<quoted text>I do believe the doctor is culpable and he should have monitored Wacko closer but in no way did he "murder" him. It was accidental and the f'loons can't see that. Murray should have his license revoked but not sent to prison. If he does receive a sentence, it will be a few months to a couple of years, maybe. He will in no way be put in the general population. F'loons need to get over it and see it for what it is. Wacko was responsible also. If this turns out to be a lengthy trial, we will see a cast of characters on the stand which could include the children. I don't think those kids will do good on cross-examination. All the dirty little secrets will come out about Wacko's lengthy drug abuse and his doctor shopping, multiple prescriptions under assumed names, etc. So much is swept under the rug and trials bring it right back out again.
I agree in the sense that this upcoming trial could get ugly. From what I've read, Prince was in the room while the Dr. was attempting to resucitate MJ. Poor Prince - what a tragic ordeal to witness!

I also agree, as per my above post, that if Murray is convicted and sentenced to a term in prison, that he would probably only do a few months to a year. If that, unfortunately.

I disagree with the fact that us "floons", as you refer to us, can't see that the murder was accidental. I think we all know what the definition of involuntary manslaughter is. However, our contention is that there is no excuse for it...whatsoever!

In light of George Nichopoulas being found not guilty of negligently prescribing drugs to Elvis Presley in 1981, the outcome of this trial will most likely not be what us fans would like to see happen!

BTW, it was found during the autopsy that Elvis's body contained 14 different stimulants and depressants when he died in 1977. The doc was found not guilty. Is it really OK for a doc to prescribe 14 different uppers and downers to a person, when it is very well known that they have a substance abuse problem? Unreal!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robert Blake Trial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cosby hires Michael Jackson's lawyer for sex as... Jan 4 Tell It like It Is 7
News Accused stabber in court (Nov '07) Oct '17 Itsme 9
News Abc's the View to Celebrate Barbara Walter's Il... (Mar '14) May '17 Ranger 9
News Audio of Durst in bathroom could play 2 ways in... (Mar '15) Apr '15 Octokus 2
News Prabhakaran will get fair trial in India: US envoy (Feb '08) Apr '14 wasantha 24
News Piers Morgan Asks Robert Blake: "Are You Sane?" (Jul '12) Mar '14 ohwellwhatevernev... 3
News Simpson bail hearing set (Apr '08) Mar '14 Private 4
More from around the web