Connecticut News - State, National and Local News from The Hart...

Full story: Hartford Courant
This week, Alec Baldwin offered to quit his role as an obnoxious jerk on a sitcom because he apparently isn't nice enough in real life to play an obnoxious jerk. Full Story
VfV

East Hartford, CT

#1 May 2, 2007
Please! I wish my dad had called me a "little pig." Ok, maybe I don't. But still, a slight tinge of a verbal unleashing when a child has not behaved responsibly is called for. The worse part of his whole message was the "pig" reference. And like I said, compared to the "tempered" spankings I got as a kid--before the public outcry against such methods of punishment--I'll take the one-word insult.

Freedom of Speech seems to be rubbish nowadays. People being persecuted for the vocalization of their integrity and honesty. As much as any of us has a right to listen to what we choose, so do they have the right to say it. It may not all be agreeable to our ears--a la Imus--but Freedom of Speech should lead to rebuttals and discourse, not banishment and isolation.

To banish these people is to concede that one does not have the wherewithal to debate, or intelligence to make a sound case AGAINST that person's supposed indiscretions. This ubiquitous censorship is a dumbing down of an already suffocating society, one where we all have to suck back our words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robert Blake Trial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abc's the View to Celebrate Barbara Walter's Il... (Mar '14) Nov '14 tomhalorwell 8
Prabhakaran will get fair trial in India: US envoy (Feb '08) Apr '14 wasantha 24
Piers Morgan Asks Robert Blake: "Are You Sane?" (Jul '12) Mar '14 ohwellwhatevernev... 3
Simpson bail hearing set (Apr '08) Mar '14 Private 4
Accused stabber in court (Nov '07) Feb '14 Private 7
Robert Blake Bankrupt (Mar '06) Jan '14 ske 38
Jodi Arias and One of the Strangest Televised T... (May '13) May '13 Mimi Bobek 2
More from around the web