Impact of Azmacort Withdrawal Brought to Light in Medicine Community

Full story: PRWeb

Triamcinolone is a synthetic corticosteroid which was available in the form of an inhaler as a preventative measure for individuals with acute asthma.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Donald G McPeters

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

My wife has meen using azmacort for over 25 years with great seccess. So far none of the alternatine inhailers have worked for her. She had a serious asthma attack, and She had to be put on a albutral nebulzer, 4X a day to partially control her.
Why dosen't Abbott come out with a new propellant, so azmacort can once again be put on the market?
Joyce Hoene

Tunkhannock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

I have used Azmacort for ten years with zero side effects. There is no substitute. I've tried several different inhalers in the last few months with no success. Terrible side effects. What can be done to bring Azmacort back?
Barb - Iowa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2011

I used Azmacort for about 6 years and maintained perfect control with it by only using it when needed - about once every 2 weeks. No side effects. Since it was taken off the market, I have tried numerous replacements with no success. I stuggle for breath continually, other products no good. I wish someone could repackage this product and put it back on the market.
Peter

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2012

I have sever COPD and have used Azmacort for over 25 years it was a lifesaving miracle drug. As soon as it was discontinued I started haveing greatly increased difficulty breathing. I have tried many substitutes and none of them work. I am sure that there are many other people like me who only found the relief we needed with the use of Azmacort. What a shame the manufactuer didn't see enough profit in it to reformulate it as an HFA product. I hope they will reconsider their decision. What a shame our government has become so extreme as to not allow the use of small amounts of R12 in medical products.
Patty

Turtle Lake, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

I have used Azmacort for 25 years, and have lived an almost "normal" life.... When they took the Azmacort away, I have had nothing but attacks and problems....What is the big deal??? The goverment should not be involved in this life-helping inhaler...I sure hope I can find some type of relief soon!! Bring Azmacort back!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
David

Clarks Summit, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Maybe because they are still trying to make sure on the safety of Azmacort which is all for the best. http://www.fosamaxfemurfracturelawsuit.com/
Margie

San Saba, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

David wrote:
Maybe because they are still trying to make sure on the safety of Azmacort which is all for the best. http://www.fosamaxfemurfracturelawsuit.com/
Didn't you read any of the above remarks? They ALL said no side affects no problems. That is probably why it has been taken off the market people didn't get sick enough so they went to the doctor less and they lost money. That is all our world is coming to GREED not caring about anyone except the all mighty dollar. I used it since 1983 with no problems what so ever. But can't use ANY of the others I have tried them all.
Margie

San Saba, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Hi All,

The reason we don't have our AZMACORT inhaler anymore is because of the Montreal Protocol, who took it upon themselves to decide to stop making it.So they took it off the market. I'm still mad as all get out because of it . Because I stay sick all the time , and I can't breathe. I'm on large doses of steroids just so I can breathe a little bit.Now I have cushings disease because of using the steroid. The reason I'm writing this is because I'll not give up until it kills me.Which is getting closer and closer. I wish I could get everyone to write letters and make phone calls and never stop. until we get what we want. I just finished writing a letter to the Montreal Protocol Administrator. The person is Samira de Gobert the email address is MPwhoswho@unep.org.

I also had my doctor write to Abbott Pharm , I wrote them also , CDC,FDA,Jewish Hospital, my senator,my congressman, the president HA!, other pharm companies to see if they would start making AZMACORT. I wrote to everyone I could think of. It also helps to write and complain to the FDA when you have a bad reaction to a drug.
Please don't give up, to do so for me is to DIE!
Margie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the PRWeb Forum right now

Search the PRWeb Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WorldVentures Featured in June 2007 Your Busine... (Jul '07) Apr 14 My opinion 562
Rooms101.com Renews Focus On Vacation Layaway &... (Jun '10) Apr 13 erika Lane 19
Condition Nutrition Releases Survey On Doping a... (May '09) Apr 12 extreme politics 5
Attorney Caree Annette Harper Slated to Defend ... (May '10) Apr 9 Truth 7
Homeowner Uses RAM Financial Services to Remode... (Nov '09) Mar 26 Eddie 2
2010 Let the New Year Resolutions Begin -- Tips... (Jan '10) Mar 26 Jacquelin 2
Sunseeker Energy Holding AG and Nations Roof Pl... (Sep '09) Mar 26 Trap 61
•••
•••
•••
•••